Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Seems Jill read the comments regarding Renee being the only one in the family announcement pic that was also one of the options given. She added pics that included the others.

Phillip created the Ressurection Project (sic) video. All Rights Reserved. Haha

ok I watched the video twice (no sound) and it immediately went to he next video. First time it was Hogwarts Legacy and second was recycling your old bra into a very defrauding piece of clothing. 🤣🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Seems Jill read the comments regarding Renee being the only one in the family announcement pic that was also one of the options given. She added pics that included the others.

Phillip created the Ressurection Project (sic) video. All Rights Reserved. Haha

ok I watched the video twice (no sound) and it immediately went to he next video. First time it was Hogwarts Legacy and second was recycling your old bra into a very defrauding piece of clothing. 🤣🤣

You'd think he would know how to spell resurrection by this point in his walk with Jesus. 😜

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
On 2/10/2023 at 1:22 PM, libgirl2 said:

Why was she not wearing shoes? Awful. 

And being carried? Are her legs suddenly malfunctioning?

On 2/10/2023 at 3:20 PM, ginger90 said:

608CCEDB-C8A6-47DF-8A66-34F0AF2FF219.jpeg

Based on the picture, I would say tie dye shirt girl is pregnant by immaculate conception, and the youngest needs to use the bathroom.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I had to check the ages of the four youngest Rodrigues children. Olivia (far right) just turned 11, Sadie (tie-dyed blond) is 9, Sofia (in front of what looks to be Renee) is 7, and Janessa (in front of Hannah) is 4.

So Sofia is 3ish years younger than Olivia, and 3ish years older than Janessa.

image.png.df6a566003c59530cd0d35675c28f2cb.png

Changed it. Thank you @Salacious Kitty!

Edited by GeeGolly

people started asking about the announcement and Ellen Vincent Coverett responded the announcement was coming - technically difficulties. Seems to indicate it is tim and heidi coverett courting to me.

And yep it's timbits courting.....

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

people started asking about the announcement and Ellen Vincent Coverett responded the announcement was coming - technically difficulties. Seems to indicate it is tim and heidi coverett courting to me.

If that is the case then I will be buying the required fundie mustard color sweater. What a nice engagement present that will be.

• Sad 3
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Trillium said:

Fuck that girl’s parents. This is a guy with no income, who’s literally said he’s going to control what his wife wears, among many other clearly abusive traits. I know they think the man is the headship but how dang they care so little about their own child to marry her off to someone with a parade of red flags?? 

Same for Anna Duggar parents… 

Josh is worse than Tim… but neither should have gotten married.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 13
  • Sad 5
Just now, Trillium said:

Fuck that girl’s parents. This is a guy with no income, who’s literally said he’s going to control what his wife wears, among many other clearly abusive traits. I know they think the man is the headship but how dang they care so little about their own child to marry her off to someone with a parade of red flags?? 

It sucks to be a girl in this cult. See also Anna Duggar and her shit parents.

• Like 12
  • Sad 6

Timbits tells a "little bit of their story" - Heidi's mom followed Jill on fb. Families met at a mtg in PA. Coverett's visited the Rod's last May. Tim wanted to pursue her. (?? )

Never says Heidi's mom is in Jill's Plexus downline  and I don't think he said Heidi is Jonathan's cousin.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Timbits tells a "little bit of their story" - Heidi's mom followed Jill on fb. Families met at a mtg in PA. Coverett's visited the Rod's last May. Tim wanted to pursue her. (?? )

Never says Heidi's mom is in Jill's Plexus downline  and I don't think he said Heidi is Jonathan's cousin.

He did say that her mom introduced Kaylee and Jonathan. Timcel asked the dad to enter a "friend" relationship last October. As we know, they had a stocking up for him at Christmas, so that tracks.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
5 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It sucks to be a girl in this cult. See also Anna Duggar and her shit parents.

I know, I still can’t understand it. I am grateful every day that even though my parents attend/attended AOG/Evangelical churches they raised my sister and I to get a good education, support ourselves, and never once pushed any purity nonsense. We were valued as human beings. 

• Like 14
  • Love 4

How awful.  I feel so sorry for this girl.  No matter how she was raised I think she's got no clue what she's getting into with him.

ETA - poor girl will be living in a dinky trailer on her MIL's property.  That's getting into horrific territory.  

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Like 2
  • Sad 20
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Ugh.  Sounds like the parents are fame strumpets and figure Jill is worth latching on to.

Just like the Walkers and the Duggars.  We saw how that turned out 

The mom is in Jill's Plexus downline. It's not clear how they first met. Maybe at a church performance? All I know is that when they met, Tim wasn't present.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

OMG, Philly has written a song, and Jill posted it on FB (for the brave). I could only get through about 30 seconds. His voice is horrible, and the lyrics indistinguishable. 

A huge mess.

I listened to a couple of minutes of it and OMG.  I thought it was Timothy singing.  Whoever it is they should never, ever sing again.  It was horrific.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10
10 hours ago, Trillium said:

Very possible, it seems to be a pastime among the conservative crowd.My god father was an AOG pastor. When they retired to Florida my parents would join them and their other friends for watch the Super Bowl, and my parents wouldn’t watch half time because it wasn’t their thing and they’d do something else. But all the other couples would watch and then pearl clutch about all the ungodly and inappropriate things and complain endlessly about it. My mom said she never understood why they willingly watched something they knew wouldn’t approve of. 

The Rods love to be outraged and feel persecuted, and will actively seek out ways to insert themselves. It’s their brand. 

This doesn’t surprise me. I have been to Comic Con international a few times (2013-15), and there are protestors GALORE. I was shocked, I didn’t know comic books and performance art could cause such a scene. Lots of fundies, I could see Jill R and her family holding one of the signs if they made it out to CA.

• Like 4

I can’t say I’m shocked. Timmay was due to get hitched.  But what frightens the hell out of me is not only his I am superior” attitude in regards to the wimmin’ folk, but the fact that he has been so woefully unprepared to do ANYTHING that would even remotely support a family.  He is mentally, emotionally and financially unprepared to take care of himself, let alone a family.  He makes bad YouTube videos and lives in a trailer in his parents’ back yard, for Lord Daniel’s sake! That aside, this poor girl he is marrying…I fear for her on so many levels…

• Like 12
  • Sad 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

I wish she knew the world was so much bigger than Tim.

But to her it isn't. She wasn't raised to have a choice.

It is just so fundamentally sad.

Actually, her older sister married a real college graduate. She wears jeans and bikinis. Heidi will never have those options.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 12
  • Wink 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Actually, her older sister married a real college graduate. She wears jeans and bikinis. Heidi will never have those options.

Then what the fuck is her family thinking.

• Like 8
  • Applause 13

They're courting, right? There is still a tiny, itsy, bitsy chance the marriage won't happen. Fingers crossed.

The young woman's outfit - she looks like she's playing dress-up with her grandma's dress and pearls.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Her outfit there is so cute and age appropriate. Of course Tim got her a dress that looks straight out of the Handmaid's Tale. He must have forgot her bonnet. 

Also I can report based on some digging by someone on FJ that the pillow next to her on the arm of the couch says "Hug this pillow until you can hug me". So definitely from Tim. 

• Sad 28