Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m glad you said that. I was wondering why I didn’t see it.

A guess in the comments:

“You're pregnant again with a miracle baby like Abram.”

More homeschooling on display.   Also a distinct lack of knowledge of the Bible.  Even the Bible says SARAH was pregnant.

• LOL 18
36 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

More homeschooling on display.   Also a distinct lack of knowledge of the Bible.  Even the Bible says SARAH was pregnant.

though it is Dave that looks the most like he is expecting....

• LOL 15

I wonder if it's Heidi's choice to court Tim, if that's what the announcement is, or if she's being (gently) pushed into it 

On the off chance that (and Kaylee) is really having twins, it's pretty crappy of Jill to announce it, while forcing (and Kaylee) to care for her mother, which she should be stepping up to do.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 7

What’s with all the plexus is great rah rah rah testimonials on Jill’s sm? Running out of new victims to scam? 

Guess Jill is not selling as much merchandise as she needs for her fancy dates with hunk. 

Looking cheap and gaudy takes $$$.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

What’s with all the plexus is great rah rah rah testimonials on Jill’s sm? Running out of new victims to scam? 

Guess Jill is not selling as much merchandise as she needs for her fancy dates with hunk. 

Looking cheap and gaudy takes $$$.

Jilldo wishes she looked like Dolly Parton, who said something like, "it takes effort to look this cheap."  Dolly is a kind and helpful human, and Jilldo wouldn't know how to do that in a million years.

Just now, libgirl2 said:

I thought such a neat old fart. lol! He does seem to be very happy holding Newman. 

I read it that way, too!  I'm sure he's very familiar with farts.  😝

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jilldo wishes she looked like Dolly Parton, who said something like, "it takes effort to look this cheap."  Dolly is a kind and helpful human, and Jilldo wouldn't know how to do that in a million years.

I read it that way, too!  I'm sure he's very familiar with farts.  😝

He does seem to be warmer with the babies then Jill. 

• Like 8

Since Timbits sold his very lucrative (🤣) lawn business and intended to use the money towards full time flight training, how will he be able to support the "burden of getting married" ??

FAA airman reg. still shows timmy with just the private pilot lic limited to single engine aircraft.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Are Tim and NotNurie2 in the picture? One would think whoever has the surprise would at least be in the pic.

Actually three of the four choices weren't in the picture. Tim, Kaylee, or Philip. Only Renee was in the picture.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Since Timbits sold his very lucrative (🤣) lawn business and intended to use the money towards full time flight training, how will he be able to support the "burden of getting married" ??

FAA airman reg. still shows timmy with just the private pilot lic limited to single engine aircraft.

Marriage and a stream of little Timlets will end Tim's missionary pilot career, probably sooner rather than later. His future will involve making his boring, depressing "podcasts" in a trailer with a bunch of noisy kids running around. 

God will need to lay a new burden on Tim, one that involves making his wife sell  Plexus. Somebody has to buy food and pay the expensive traffic tickets. 

• Sad 14
15 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

So Jill's announcement is during prime map watching time? We all know Dave will be watching the map at that time. I wonder if he watches the map's halftime show.

He probably preaches a sermon at halftime about the sins of ungodly music. 

• LOL 8

Do y'all look at the Rods and think we're all seeing the, what if, if TLC and UP didn't pick up the Duggars and Bates?

If we assume all the adult kids were married and/or working like they are now, the Duggars would be down to Jackson, Tyler and the 4 Lost Girls who range in age from 18 to 13 (yup Josie is 13!). The Bates would be down to 3 daughters and 2 sons, from ages 16 - 11.

Would they still be in prairie dresses and/or matchy-matchy? Surely they'd be living on "love offerings" of food, clothing and shoes. Would Michelle still have a mullet? Would Lawson still be mowing lawns?

Do y'all think either family has humble moments and realize what could have been? Or do they think it would have always happened this way because they're God's special Fundies?

• Like 10

Jill isn't going to let David near the halftime show. He needs to be on a beach to prepare for her big announcement. Her choice of timing is intentional. 

I don't see why Jill would announce something about Tim, Kaylee, or Phillip when they aren't in Florida on this trip. I'm going to have to go with Nurie's being pregnant again, but I'll feel bad for poor Newman and Nemo. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

So Jill's announcement is during prime map watching time? We all know Dave will be watching the map at that time. I wonder if he watches the map's halftime show.

OF COURSE HE WILL.   Then, Jill will go on a rant about how slutty women dress and Satan's music.  And literally no one will question her about it even though they claim to not watch tv.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm going to have to go with Nurie's being pregnant again

I thought that wasn't one of the given options? (I mean, sadly it's always an option once she's whelped the previous blessing, but it's not one that Jill listed...)

• Useful 2
30 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

OF COURSE HE WILL.   Then, Jill will go on a rant about how slutty women dress and Satan's music.  And literally no one will question her about it even though they claim to not watch tv.

It's also possible that David would watch the entire show and then join Jill in a rant about the female "sinners" on stage. The rant might become part of his canned singing circuit sermons. The Rods are nothing if not hypocrites. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2023 at 5:32 AM, ginger90 said:

C3EE6CF4-F81C-4F1B-841C-43F6754BDB66.jpeg

Did anyone else actually listen to this earring video? NotNurie repeatedly thanks some pastor's wife who gifted her the faux leather she used to make her Valentine's earring collection ... but then she says it wasn't just the leather, it was also all the supplies to make the earrings, too (the wires and stuff, I suppose). Then she comes out an admits the earrings were already cut out and everything,  all she had to do was assemble them.  Lol someone gave her a kit that probably cost ten bucks and she made 20 pairs of earrings which she is selling for $8.25 each!  How funny is that? I actually studied those earrings and thought they looked nicer than her usual kindergarten level work. Now I know why!

Anyway, I just thought that was really amusing and wanted to share it with everyone while we all sit on pins and needles waiting for the game to start Jill's big announcement.

• Like 5
  • LOL 11

Those earrings can't still be in style, if they ever were. Renee needs to learn a different craft. Whatever she gets in profit goes to buy gifts for BME anyway. (Valentine's Day is a biggie on Jill's list!) Maybe she hopes to get get engaged soon so she can pass this thankless gig to the next Not Nurie. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It's also possible that David would watch the entire show and then join Jill in a rant about the female "sinners" on stage. The rant might become part of his canned singing circuit sermons. The Rods are nothing if not hypocrites. 

Very possible, it seems to be a pastime among the conservative crowd.My god father was an AOG pastor. When they retired to Florida my parents would join them and their other friends for watch the Super Bowl, and my parents wouldn’t watch half time because it wasn’t their thing and they’d do something else. But all the other couples would watch and then pearl clutch about all the ungodly and inappropriate things and complain endlessly about it. My mom said she never understood why they willingly watched something they knew wouldn’t approve of. 

The Rods love to be outraged and feel persecuted, and will actively seek out ways to insert themselves. It’s their brand. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't see why Jill would announce something about Tim, Kaylee, or Phillip when they aren't in Florida on this trip. I'm going to have to go with Nurie's being pregnant again, but I'll feel bad for poor Newman and Nemo. 

Because even if the news is about them, it really isn’t about them.  It’s about Jill. It’s always about Jill. 

I’m guessing Tim is courting. I really hope I am wrong. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
58 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

OMG, Philly has written a song, and Jill posted it on FB (for the brave). I could only get through about 30 seconds. His voice is horrible, and the lyrics indistinguishable. 

A huge mess.

I only saw Jill and some of the girls. Did it go, poof!?

• Like 2