Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

My goodness, those pictures are so sad. It’s pathetic how JillR has to be the center of everything. I’m sure Sammers was thrilled to hold hands with his mother! Are these kids the new favorites? 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

Ummmm Sammers, that is not the picture of you and your Mahmo that you want to have floating around the inter webs as you start thinking about dating, or courting, or biblically betrothing, or whatever the hip godly fundies are calling it these days. 

A boy's best friend is his mother indeed. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 9
  • LOL 15
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Who took the pictures? 

Renee? She's the older girl with the badly damaged hair, right? We don't see much of her. 😒 I doubt it was Dave or we'd have seen some lovey dovey pics of the happy couple. 🤮

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Renee? She's the older girl with the badly damaged hair, right? We don't see much of her. 😒 I doubt it was Dave or we'd have seen some lovey dovey pics of the happy couple. 🤮

That is what I was thinking. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

$300 a semester is CHEAP for college books.  I've had classes where ONE book was $200.  And when you sell it back you get like $25.  

Ya'all think plexus is a scam, it doesn't have anything on the textbook market.

Another money-making opportunity Master Printer David Rodrigues doesn't want to hear about. 

Judging from information on the Bible Counseling Center Bookstore webpage, I think Dr. Terry Coomer has figured it out. Phillip's required $135 book package contains 20 of Dr. Coomer's best booklets, and patients at the Bible Counseling Center can be required to buy books as part of their treatment. The Coomers run training sessions using their materials too. Venmo, Paypal, and all major credit cards are accepted. 

If this is like a counseling MLM, Dr. Terry and Mrs. Dr. Terry at at the tip of the pyramid. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

As I scrolled through, at first glance I thought there was a courting announcement.  These pictures are pretty creepy.

That’s what thought. And surprisingly Jill didn’t raise one leg way up as she likes to do. 

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

As I scrolled through, at first glance I thought there was a courting announcement.  These pictures are pretty creepy.

Jill’s hand on his thigh is particularly creepy.

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill’s whole outfit is tragic lol. The shoes the white pantyhose… just no girl! And the rats nest she calls hair. 

Her blouse just screams "cheap polyester"--my skin is crawling from the scratchiness merely from looking at the picture.  And in Florida humidity too.

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
28 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Her blouse just screams "cheap polyester"--my skin is crawling from the scratchiness merely from looking at the picture.  And in Florida humidity too.

Yes and then you think sweat and then smell...... 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Maybe it’s Lularot. (Lularoe?)

Dave was definitely at the hotel watching TV during the outing/photoshoot. 

• LOL 7

Sam's face looks a lot like his father's in those strange rock photos. The beardlet isn't helping. 

Jill has admitted she has varicose veins from all her pregnancies. That's why she wears stockings at the beach. Maybe she should dip up in the church love offerings and have them treated so she can show a bit of leg like her older daughters do. She can throw some credit at Plexus for solving the problem. 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Judging from information on the Bible Counseling Center Bookstore webpage, I think Dr. Terry Coomer has figured it out. Phillip's required $135 book package contains 20 of Dr. Coomer's best booklets, and patients at the Bible Counseling Center can be required to buy books as part of their treatment. The Coomers run training sessions using their materials too. Venmo, Paypal, and all major credit cards are accepted. 

If this is like a counseling MLM, Dr. Terry and Mrs. Dr. Terry at at the tip of the pyramid. 

Exactly. That his very first point was to point out the intellectual property of the books, next that all books were required for both the course and every person they might counsel to using said resources was telling.

Dr Coomer was very clear about the rules. Miss 1 class get admonished, miss 2 and you're out. Must turn in required homework daily to be graded by Mrs. Dr. - don't try to fool her with fluff because you will fail.

End result - if you buy all the books, attend all the classes and/or counseling required and turn in the homework and Mrs Dr gives a passing mark, you receive a certificate stating you "completed a course in biblical counseling"

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How long does this "course" last?

I think just this week. From the Hope Biblical Counseling Training site it looks like the swoop in to various paces for a week, Sell a bunch of books, run the training, pass out the certificates and then on to the next place.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Exactly. That his very first point was to point out the intellectual property of the books, next that all books were required for both the course and every person they might counsel to using said resources was telling.

Dr Coomer was very clear about the rules. Miss 1 class get admonished, miss 2 and you're out. Must turn in required homework daily to be graded by Mrs. Dr. - don't try to fool her with fluff because you will fail.

End result - if you buy all the books, attend all the classes and/or counseling required and turn in the homework and Mrs Dr gives a passing mark, you receive a certificate stating you "completed a course in biblical counseling"

To add, Coomer runs his counseling center with volunteers who have completed his course. In other words, he has a staff he doesn't pay. He makes money from selling books and CDs, running workshops, and collecting donations. 

If the books are anything like the blurbs, they are vague and repetitive reading. I guess he teaches his trainees how to get people to identify a problem and which book to sell to them for that problem. 

30 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How long does this "course" last?

The next big conference noted is at a church in Omaha; it runs September 12-15. The cost is $85 per person. Motel and meals are not included. I suppose the $135 book set is extra, but that's not clear. 

Correction: Participants receive a 500+-page binder. Lunch is provided by the host church. Maybe Massillon Bible College students have to buy the book package because they don't pay the registration fee. It's hard to say. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Update from further down the rabbit hole.
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If the books are anything like the blurbs, they are vague and repetitive reading. I guess he teaches his trainees how to get people to identify a problem and which book to sell to them for that problem. 

Yep, pyramid scheme. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe it’s Lularot. (Lularoe?)

Dave was definitely at the hotel watching TV during the outing/photoshoot. 

They’re staying in a hotel??

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Sam's face looks a lot like his father's in those strange rock photos. The beardlet isn't helping. 

Jill has admitted she has varicose veins from all her pregnancies. That's why she wears stockings at the beach. Maybe she should dip up in the church love offerings and have them treated so she can show a bit of leg like her older daughters do. She can throw some credit at Plexus for solving the problem. 

There are concealers she could buy to cover the few veins that might show under her long skirt. 

47 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Honestly Jill must be in AWE of the Dr.   He's got a grift going on.   

His name is extremely unfortunate, though. Check urban dictionary if you want to cringe!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

There are concealers she could buy to cover the few veins that might show under her long skirt. 

Some of the theater makeup she uses on her face would work. Maybe she's wearing compression stockings because her legs ache. 

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

To add, Coomer runs his counseling center with volunteers who have completed his course. In other words, he has a staff he doesn't pay. He makes money from selling books and CDs, running workshops, and collecting donations. 

The next big conference noted is at a church in Omaha; it runs September 12-15. The cost is $85 per person. Motel and meals are not included. I suppose the $135 book set is extra, but that's not clear. 

Correction: Participants receive a 500+-page binder. Lunch is provided by the host church. Maybe Massillon Bible College students have to buy the book package because they don't pay the registration fee. It's hard to say. 

Wow, what a scam! And these fundies are too stupid to figure it out. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
46 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wow, what a scam! And these fundies are too stupid to figure it out. 

Dr. Coomer knows his audience pretty well. He makes it pretty clear that he's promoting discipleship, not psychology. If you're right with Jesus, all your problems will disappear.

He has a disclaimer that he and his business are not responsible for any negative outcomes from their counseling services. I wonder if he and his trainees are skilled enough to identify really disturbed people and willing to pass them to professionals. 

• Sad 5
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Dr. Coomer knows his audience pretty well. He makes it pretty clear that he's promoting discipleship, not psychology. If you're right with Jesus, all your problems will disappear.

He has a disclaimer that he and his business are not responsible for any negative outcomes from their counseling services. I wonder if he and his trainees are skilled enough to identify really disturbed people and willing to pass them to professionals. 

😂😂😂😂😂…no. 

Maybe some of them possess enough self awareness to know when someone needs help beyond what this “course” can provide. But if you’re willing to pay to take this course and call yourself any kind of counselor, critical thinking likely isn’t in your wheelhouse. 

• Like 14
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

His name is extremely unfortunate, though. Check urban dictionary if you want to cringe!

I just looked up what coomer means lol. 

• LOL 8

Yeah, this “counselor” has probably done plenty of harm telling people that they just didn’t pray hard enough or buy enough of his books. His doctrinal statement tells me just that, “no need for pop psychology” (or, you know, treatment backed by research and provided by trained and licensed and educated people), just believe the King James Version and you’ll be peachy.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 6

Interestingly, Dr. Coomer's (I had to look the word up) training courses are open not only to potential counselors but to lay people who feel they need counseling. It's a one-size-fits-all approach. How convenient is that?

17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Philip as a counselor? Oy vey. 

Yeah. He should have to pay a surcharge for his certificate, not that it's worth anything outside of his circle. Maybe the non-English speaking people in Hungary will be impressed. 

• LOL 12
On 2/5/2023 at 1:34 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Timcel said in his last pahdcast that he was going to patrol his future wife's clothing choices. I didn't watch myself, but he seems like a delusional asshole. 

Timcel said in his last pahdcast that he was going to patrol his future wife's clothing choices. I didn't watch myself, but he seems like is a creepy, delusional asshole who should be kept away from all women forevermore. 

FTFY 😉

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 12
8 hours ago, SJC said:

What an .... interesting Mother/Son picture. 🤪

E55E420A-EFC8-4743-BA85-D13E97995D46.thumb.jpeg.2da2fb6f30b410ae1741f7bc9b7479a3.jpeg

He's grasping her thumb, just like when he was newborn. Little did he know then that she was never going to let him go. Not even if her "he's on the market, meek young fundy ladies" photos work. I say to those naive, young women: "Beware! She's part of the package and you'll be under that thumb he's clasping until she breathes her last breath!"

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I'm sorry but that photo of Jill and her son looks like an engagement photo. Isn't this the usual pose the happy couples use? Those white stockings look awful.

I know! Does she think she looks like she could be his girlfriend or what? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

It took a while to get past the ick of that photo of that poor guy and his mama to notice that his suit coat and pants don't go together.  In fact the pants don't look like they are a dress pants material, rather they look like black jeans or something.  Either way these people are a mess.

For those worried that Timbits will impregnate his girl on their wedding night, I have a feeling that he will have trouble, um, keeping it together long enough to properly accomplish baby making.  And I am supplying lots of brain bleach to everyone for putting that image in your head.

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
21 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

For those worried that Timbits will impregnate his girl on their wedding night, I have a feeling that he will have trouble, um, keeping it together long enough to properly accomplish baby making.  And I am supplying lots of brain bleach to everyone for putting that image in your head.

And he will blame Mrs. Timbits for his problems. Poor girl will get blamed for everything. 

And please send brain bleach. It will now be useful not only for images of Tim but also of Sam and his courtship with Mama photos. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9