Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Even if his license is suspended and he has no insurance, he will continue to drive.  I see this all the time in my state and often horrible accidents are the result.  Recently one guy plowed into the front of a Target store and fortunately no one got hurt.  He did get cited for driving without a license or insurance.

Regarding Buc Cees, they wanted to build one south of here on a major highway and people who lived in the surrounding area were not thrilled.  The place sounded like it was going to be huge with as someone said around 50 gas pumps and a large store.  Not sure what ended up happening with it.

As for Jill criticizing Jinger's book, she really misses the point.  She's not the Biblical expert she thinks she is if she believes that all of Gothard's nonsense came out of the Bible.  Most of what he dreamed up had no basis in scripture at all.  He was very good at dazzling people who weren't very familiar with the text with lots of quotes, so they assumed everything he said had some basis in the Bible.  He's just another conman like most of those mega and para church leaders.

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Even if his license is suspended and he has no insurance, he will continue to drive.  I see this all the time in my state and often horrible accidents are the result.  Recently one guy plowed into the front of a Target store and fortunately no one got hurt.  He did get cited for driving without a license or insurance.

If Tim doesn't drive, he can't get to work, and no work, no way to fulfill his missionary pilot burden. No way to keep Mama in flowers and jewelry either. He'll just keep driving, as you note.

The Rods know about horrific auto accidents, but apparently cause and effect wasn't covered in the Rodrigues Home School Academy of Envelope Stuffing and Tchotchke Dusting. I just hope the Rod scofflaws don't hurt innocent people as they blunder their way through life. 

• Like 21
  • LOL 2

A few interesting things about the Rod winter grift tour. So far no pics or video of Renee or Gabriel. A glimpse of the new tour??  The 6 younger girls as the singers and Sammers along as the crew?

Very few comments on Jill's aquarium post, but one that is there is from tim's rumored courting partner. She identifies, and tells about, one of the fish in a video.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My guess is that Tim will continue as usual and when his license is revoked will continue to drive without it. Having learned nothing. The next speeding tickets will be interesting. Where do they get money for fines?  

Probably grifting or $ taken from the food budget for the kids. Jill/ofJill not sacrificing anything that benefits them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

A few interesting things about the Rod winter grift tour. So far no pics or video of Renee or Gabriel. A glimpse of the new tour??  The 6 younger girls as the singers and Sammers along as the crew?

Very few comments on Jill's aquarium post, but one that is there is from tim's rumored courting partner. She identifies, and tells about one of the fish in a video.

I don't see a post from Heidi on the aquarium post. 

18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh good gracious, Timcel got ANOTHER speeding ticket. This one was last Sunday on the way home from church. I don't have the numbers, but this is something like four speeding tickets in the past year or so. 

No, he hasn't had a ticket of any kind in over a year*. 

His last speeding ticket was in August of 2020. He has had three other citations between now and then though. Here's the full list. 

Sep 2019 - passing on the right

Aug 2020 - speeding (72 in 55)

July 2021 - no seatblet

Nov 2021 - fell asleep at the wheel and hit a small trailer that was being towed by another vehichle, went off the road and crashed into a fence

Jan 2022 - fender bender after following too closely

Jan 2023 - speeding (73 in 55)

*that we know of. The 2019 one was in Wisconsin and the rest are in his county in Ohio. It's possible he's had other instances in other counties or states.

• Mind Blown 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

it isn't on the main post - on one of the videos she comments

"That dirty fish is called a frog fish. It only looks dirty because it can blend in with its surrounding. Love you guys I am happy you're having fun."

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

it isn't on the main post - on one of the videos she comments

"That dirty fish is called a frog fish. It only looks dirty because it can blend in with its surrounding. Love you guys I am happy you're having fun."

Found it, thanks! 👍

54 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I looked at Heidi’s FB page, and I don’t think she’s the right girl for Timothy.  Her neckline is too low and her skirt is too short to suit Mr Fashion Police, but she’s certainly stroking Jill’s ego! (“Fans” my ass. 🙄)

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
58 minutes ago, Fosca said:

"Mahmo, take a pitcher of me jes' sittin' in the cell!"

I think such a picture already exists when the Rods went to visit an old-fashioned town setup, and some of the older kids posed for cowboy "jail photos." 

5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

So she is probably courting Timmy. I feel so sad for her. Timmy will impregnate her in 24 hours after saying I do.

You assume Tim will know what to do and be able to do it. Maybe he'll figure it out within the week.

Meanwhile, he'll be going through his bride's suitcase throwing out all clothes that do not suit his godly standards. She'll be left with one ugly polyester-knit, floor-length skirt and three long-sleeve blouses to wear on top of each other.  

• Sad 13
40 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I looked at Heidi’s FB page, and I don’t think she’s the right girl for Timothy.  Her neckline is too low and her skirt is too short to suit Mr Fashion Police, but she’s certainly stroking Jill’s ego! (“Fans” my ass. 🙄)

Timcel said in his last pahdcast that he was going to patrol his future wife's clothing choices. I didn't watch myself, but he seems like a delusional asshole. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I think such a picture already exists when the Rods went to visit an old-fashioned town setup, and some of the older kids posed for cowboy "jail photos." 

You assume Tim will know what to do and be able to do it. Maybe he'll figure it out within the week.

Meanwhile, he'll be going through his bride's suitcase throwing out all clothes that do not suit his godly standards. She'll be left with one ugly polyester-knit, floor-length skirt and three long-sleeve blouses to wear on top of each other.  

Don't forget the fundie approved mustard color cardigan 🤣

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, all fall down said:

No, he hasn't had a ticket of any kind in over a year*. 

His last speeding ticket was in August of 2020. He has had three other citations between now and then though. Here's the full list. 

Sep 2019 - passing on the right

Aug 2020 - speeding (72 in 55)

July 2021 - no seatblet

Nov 2021 - fell asleep at the wheel and hit a small trailer that was being towed by another vehichle, went off the road and crashed into a fence

Jan 2022 - fender bender after following too closely

Jan 2023 - speeding (73 in 55)

*that we know of. The 2019 one was in Wisconsin and the rest are in his county in Ohio. It's possible he's had other instances in other counties or states.

He was cited for speeding (misdemeanor) on 1/29. He already paid the fine, so maybe that's why you're not seeing it. I am looking at the county records, and it is there, noted as closed.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Looking, not looming!
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He was cited for speeding (misdemeanor) on 1/29. He already paid the fine, so maybe that's why you're not seeing it. I am looking at the county records, and it is there, noted as closed.

Yes, I have that one listed. I meant prior to the recent offence, he hadn't been cited in a year. Your original post asked if he'd had 4 speeding tickets in the last year. I was just listing them out. Until the recent ticket this year, he hadn't had any since Jan 2022. His tickets are more spaced out than it seems like, because he gets so many! I had thought they were more recent. Phillip has now taken to getting frequent tickets. This family certainly doesn't take road safety seriously. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
23 minutes ago, all fall down said:

Yes, I have that one listed. I meant prior to the recent offence, he hadn't been cited in a year. Your original post asked if he'd had 4 speeding tickets in the last year. I was just listing them out. Until the recent ticket this year, he hadn't had any since Jan 2022. His tickets are more spaced out than it seems like, because he gets so many! I had thought they were more recent. Phillip has now taken to getting frequent tickets. This family certainly doesn't take road safety seriously. 

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. 😘

• Like 3

Looks Like Ohio pulls the license at 12 points in a 24 month period. 

It looks like seat belt violations have no points.  But, "the operation of a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property" gets you 4 points.  I wonder if either or both of his accidents got him those points.  I don't think they did because "Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree."  But, if both did, and he hasn't taken the driving course to knock down his points (which only removes 2), then he is getting dangerously close to the ceiling at 10 points. 

Having his license suspended won't get him off the road, but does bump his next traffic stop, even for something minor like a seat belt check or a routine sobriety or insurance checkpoint, from traffic court to a 1st degree misdemeanor and a minimum 3 day jail term, which would certainly eat into the flower budget.  I wonder how mahmo would try to spin her son having an actual criminal record with jail time and not just a traffic record.  I also wonder if word has gotten around with the local PD/Highway Patrol that if they hang out on the main routes to and from the barndo, they will likely catch at least one person with a speed or seat belt violation on a pretty regular basis.

• Like 14
  • Useful 2

There is also this:

Most speeding tickets are minor misdemeanors with a maximum fine of $150. However, a third speeding conviction within one year is a fourth degree misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up $250 and up to 30 days of jail time.

Seeing as Tim received his first ticket in January, he has 11 months to screw up. I wonder how often they use jail as a punishment? Maybe for someone with repeated violations? 🧐👩🏽‍⚖️

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Having his license suspended won't get him off the road, but does bump his next traffic stop, even for something minor like a seat belt check or a routine sobriety or insurance checkpoint, from traffic court to a 1st degree misdemeanor and a minimum 3 day jail term, which would certainly eat into the flower budget. 

I did a little research on those Ohio laws last night, so thanks for posting the info. I think that a conviction for (or a plea of guilty or nolo contendre to) driving under license suspension, besides being a 1st degree misdemeanor, lengthens the period of license suspension by up to a year.

I hope that Tim doesn't have his license suspended, and if he does, that he doesn't drive until it's been reinstated. If he drives with a suspended license and gets caught, and can't work out a plea deal, not only would his holy self serve at least three days' martyrdom for the Lord Daniel (in jail), but the date when he could have his license reinstated gets pushed farther down the road. 

OTOH if he drives as badly as his history of citations indicates? Anything that keeps him from behind the wheel is probably a good thing. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2

I'm wondering if on some level JillPM is hoping Timcel gets put in jail; imagine the grifting opportunities!  Her poor oldest son (and haircolor buddy) being incarcerated!  Not that he hasn't SEVERELY disappointed her in the past, but keep sending those "Go To Me funds"!

• LOL 6

It would be a bit difficult for jill to claim persecution (not that she still wouldn't) - last i looked the tickets for david, timothy and phillip were written by 7 different officers. I did not check Tim's 2 latest.

In other news - Phillip's bible college had a live fb thing this morning that is maybe going all week. Phillip is in attendance. His group is only getting the training half days like their normal sched. and it was referenced that the all day sessions/training that people do are just an overload of info.

Dr Terry Coomer of Hope Bible Counseling Center is there to teach them how to start counseling services at their church. I am not clear if they need to do counseling with him as part of their training. But I think so.

I only watched the beginning. He covered they needed to buy the full set of his counseling books ($135), stated his work was covered under intellectual property law and you can't just copy it, post it, send it to people, etc. He forewarned that in counseling he is a mandatory reporter, so if they told him they were an ax murdered he would have to report them.

https://hopebiblicalcounselingcenter.com/bookstore/

I may listen to more later, but I am still with the 4 grands and needed to get them of to school. No bus drivers for their routes 4 out of 6 school days. For 4 kids, in 4 different schools, at 4 different drop off and pick up times. 🤪

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 5
51 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It would be a bit difficult for jill to claim persecution (not that she still wouldn't) - last i looked the tickets for david, timothy and phillip were written by 7 different officers. I did not check Tim's 2 latest.

In other news - Phillip's bible college had a live fb thing this morning that is maybe going all week. Phillip is in attendance. His group is only getting the training half days like their normal sched. and it was referenced that the all day sessions/training that people do are just an overload of info.

Dr Terry Coomer of Hope Bible Counseling Center is there to teach them how to start counseling services at their church. I am not clear if they need to do counseling with him as part of their training. But I think so.

I only watched the beginning. He covered they needed to buy the full set of his counseling books ($135), stated his work was covered under intellectual property law and you can't just copy it, post it, send it to people, etc. He forewarned that in counseling he is a mandatory reporter, so if they told him they were an ax murdered he would have to report them.

https://hopebiblicalcounselingcenter.com/bookstore/

I may listen to more later, but I am still with the 4 grands and needed to get them of to school. No bus drivers for their routes 4 out of 6 school days. For 4 kids, in 4 different schools, at 4 different drop off and pick up times. 🤪

So Phillip is going to be counseling. Interesting. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4

Oh man, will the counseling be what causes Jill to pull him out of school?   She does NOT want anyone getting into the nitty gritty of her family.   Or will she just not let Phil take the class claiming they can't afford the books?   

• Like 5
On 2/1/2023 at 4:56 AM, SMama said:

At the rate he’s going he’s going to have his license suspended. His insurance must be really expensive.

License shmicense.  As long as Jesus is cool with him driving that is all he needs.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

it sort of seemed maybe this was part of the program maybe. but Dr Coomer did say if they missed one session/class they would be admonished, and if they missed a second time they would be out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Is he taking a counseling course, or having counselling?

And Dr Buy-My-Books Coomer is wrong about an ax murderer. If he/she already committed the crime but no longer is a danger to others and not a danger to themselves, then there is nothing to report.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it sort of seemed maybe this was part of the program maybe. but Dr Coomer did say if they missed one session/class they would be admonished, and if they missed a second time they would be out.

I know Phillip has been late, but has he actually missed a day? Though I guess if it is one class and it is in the morning, he can miss it. 

In other news, Kelly Bates was seen in an IG or YT reel wearing pants. They could be more like sweats worn as pajamas, but she was skirtless.

Whatever the reason it gives JillR another target for a raging rant.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In other news, Kelly Bates was seen in an IG or YT reel wearing pants. They could be more like sweats worn as pajamas, but she was skirtless.

It was on Lawson's latest YT. I'm sure that it's been screen grabbed by now, definitely wearing something like joggers. 

• Useful 3
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is he taking a counseling course, or having counselling?

And Dr Buy-My-Books Coomer is wrong about an ax murderer. If he/she already committed the crime but no longer is a danger to others and not a danger to themselves, then there is nothing to report.

The video is on the bible school fb today. it sort of seemed like they were learning to be counselor's/ start counseling at their church, but also had to be counseled with the program. buying all the books is required either way. as i said earlier, i only listened to the first part

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The video is on the bible school fb today. it sort of seemed like they were learning to be counselor's/ start counseling at their church, but also had to be counseled with the program. buying all the books is required either way. as i said earlier, i only listened to the first part

Is BME going to rage post about how the purchase of the required books were not disclosed when they asked about tuition? Will this be her out to save face since $150 is not easy to come by? Unless BME and DBD need a date night, weekend away, or vacation. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

The school's website estimates book costs to be $280-$300 a semester. Dr. Coomer's book won't be the last in Phillip's expensive home library. 

The thought of Phillip--or any Rodrigues--counseling people is just frightening.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The school's website estimates book costs to be $280-$300 a semester. Dr. Coomer's book won't be the last in Phillip's expensive home library. 

The thought of Phillip--or any Rodrigues--counseling people is just frightening.  

Part of higher education (even like this) are textbook/materials costs. I was lucky, my son's university figured the cost of materials in the tuition. He went to the school book store, submitted his course schedule and they provided the books. They would only charge you outright if you do not return them. 

I work at a library and we have people trying to get textbooks using Interlibrary Loan. We no longer borrow them. We used to but the headache of people keeping them for a semester, sometimes not ever returning them (they would turn around and sell them), was just a billing nightmare. People still try and are shocked when one might slip by and they can only use them in house. 

It does suck how expensive they are, even in this case. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh, but Jill has been seen in pajama pants too. I saw the screenshots on Reddit a while ago. I think it was a late night birthday serenade for BME and she was wearing plaid pajamas, no makeup, and unteased hair. If you didn’t know she was nuts, she looked like a normal 40-something-year-old woman. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
On 2/5/2023 at 12:38 PM, BradandJanet said:

Rodrigues Home School Academy of Envelope Stuffing and Tchotchke Dusting.

Hilarious !!

On 2/5/2023 at 2:01 PM, oliviabenson said:

Comment from that post. Lol

4FE86125-250F-436B-A246-467BA1EC2345.jpeg

7FA078A7-BE27-4144-8A88-4F7BFB37F4B9.jpeg

Oh dear.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

$300 a semester is CHEAP for college books.  I've had classes where ONE book was $200.  And when you sell it back you get like $25.  

Ya'all think plexus is a scam, it doesn't have anything on the textbook market.

I spent $500-600 a semester. Barely made any $ back. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4