Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

-Bottom line: those kids know diddly-squat about a peaceful, organized, home. They've been reared by parents who believe in harsh "discipline" of kids from literally the cradle on up. And as the cherry on top, their mother is a narcissist who appears to have sometimes manic energy and I'm sure keeps the pot stirred at home at all times. Even if the house got quiet, I think those kids are so filled with nasty preaching and fears of hell and worse, that their anxieties could keep them awake. And the LAST thing their dear parents give a damn about, is whether Tim or Philip get to work or school on time. It's just not on their radar.

This. Yet, Jill depends on Tim's, Sam's, and even Phillip's earnings as part of her grift. She's so dumb that she can't see how making it difficult for them to get to work on time and avoid costly tickets is financially bad for her and DeadBeatDad. 

Chugging Plexus probably adds to her buggy-eyed mania. 

• Like 13

The picture of the four girls. It has this eerie quality about it. The girls look nothing alike, but yet everything alike. Its as though their cultified souls are connecting and take up the most space in the picture.

Its terrifyingly sad and scary.

• Like 5
  • Sad 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I've been into 2 different Buc-Cees in Texas and Florida.  The one in Texas was big, but it was near Texas Motor Speedway and an outlet mall so not massive.  The one the Rods probably went into is off of 95 between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, and that one is massive.  I stopped there on my way to Disney World last month.  It has at least 50 gas pumps, multiple entrances, multiple checkouts.  There had to be a couple of hundred people in there while I was getting my coffee and Beaver Nuggets (TM) and never felt crowded.

Aer the Beaver Nuggets better than regular corn nuts? I have been to the one between Houston and San Antonio. All I have gotten is the fudge and a sandwich. For the people thinking I am nuts buying food at a gas station this is not your regular plastic wrapped boring sandwiches they are nice. I mean they are not 5 star restaurant sandwiches but still very nice sandwiches. 

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Like 4
16 hours ago, Triple P said:

The doctors may have been able to determine that they were identical at birth if there was only one placenta or one amniotic sac.

There are two layers to the sac, the amnion and the chorion.  The amnion is the outer part.  In fraternal twins, there will always be 2 sacs and both with have 2 layers; so diamniotic/diachorionic. However, identical twins can also be di/di; it depends on when the single fertilized egg divided into 2.  Identicals almost always have two sacs but there is often only one chorion; so mono/di. The pathologist looks at the sac to see how many layers are present which, if there aren't 2 layers to the chorion, means they are definitely identical.  Sometimes with twins, the placentas will fuse together and look like one even though they are separate.  A pathologist can figure that out too.

Anytime there is just one sac (mono/mono), the twins are identical.  Worst case scenario is conjoined twins, most of whom do not survive.  Even if not conjoined, two babies in the same sac can get entangled in one another's umbilical cords, etc and stillbirth due to cord accident is very common.  They are also more likely to have twin-twin transfusion syndrome where the blood flowing from the placenta is not evenly distributed and one gets more oxygen and nutrients than the other leading to discordant growth.  Stillbirth also more common in that case. I've only seen two sets of mono/monos who survived in 40 years.  One set delivered at 25 weeks to a 14 year old who claimed she was a virgin and had never had sex.  Her mother fainted when she saw the first one come out, she didn't believe her daughter was pregnant.  Both survived, little boys; I don't know long term outcomes.  The other set was a longtime patient of mine who already had 4 daughters.  Her twins had twin-twin transfusion syndrome and were not expected to survive.  They delivered around 26 weeks and are almost adults and seem to be fine. 2 more girls.  Daughters 7 and 8 came along before she and her husband finally decided to call it a day.  No sons.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 13
  • LOL 2
58 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Aer the Beaver Nuggets better than regular corn nuts? I have been to the one between Houston and San Antonio. All I have gotten is the fudge and a sandwich. For the people thinking I am nuts buying food at a gas station this is not your regular plastic wrapped boring sandwiches they are nice. I mean they are not 5 star restaurant sandwiches but still very nice sandwiches. 

Beaver Nuggets taste like Kelloggs Corn Pops cereal but better and Texas-sized.  They are the kind of snack that you think you are going to have a couple and then proceed to eat half the bag without looking.  

No shame on getting a sandwich from Buc-Cees or any gas station from me.  I frequent my local Sheetz for a quick lunch all the time, I am counting down the days until the Wawa opens in my town (supposedly by the end of next year), and some of the best fried chicken I have ever had has been from the sketchiest looking gas stations.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The picture of the four girls. It has this eerie quality about it. The girls look nothing alike, but yet everything alike. Its as though their cultified souls are connecting and take up the most space in the picture.

Is the little urchin who's the most failure-to-thrive'd missing from the picture?  The one who's almost as small as Janessa even though she's 3-4 years older.  Sophia, maybe?  I'm blanking on her name.

• Like 8

Well, she found the $$ to get her nails professionally done. 

1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Is the little urchin who's the most failure-to-thrive'd missing from the picture?  The one who's almost as small as Janessa even though she's 3-4 years older.  Sophia, maybe?  I'm blanking on her name.

Yes, Sofia is missing.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Yes, she is. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Beaver Nuggets taste like Kelloggs Corn Pops cereal but better and Texas-sized.  They are the kind of snack that you think you are going to have a couple and then proceed to eat half the bag without looking.  

No shame on getting a sandwich from Buc-Cees or any gas station from me.  I frequent my local Sheetz for a quick lunch all the time, I am counting down the days until the Wawa opens in my town (supposedly by the end of next year), and some of the best fried chicken I have ever had has been from the sketchiest looking gas stations.  

We have a gas station chain in the upper Midwest called Kwik-Trip that has good food as well as cafes in some locations, tasty fried chicken and a rib sandwich far superior to McRibnits.  Theyre considered one of the best places to work, and they truly share their profits with their employees.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have to assume Jill was posting about Buc-Cees here, and that chain of gas stations is rather impressive the first time you go to one.  Jill could spend hours in one looking at the tchotchkes while David checks out the food. 

I think this is the store the Howlers filmed themselves in on their recent Duggar Dweebs across America trip. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
16 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I think this is the store the Howlers filmed themselves in on their recent Duggar Dweebs across America trip. 

It probably was.  The stores are huge, clean, and decorated with the knowledge that their customers will be taking videos and pictures of their establishments.  They are able to thread the needle between being a roadside attraction and offering needed services.  They also are 100% aware of the other definition of beaver without being too crude. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

We have a gas station chain in the upper Midwest called Kwik-Trip that has good food as well as cafes in some locations, tasty fried chicken and a rib sandwich far superior to McRibnits.  Theyre considered one of the best places to work, and they truly share their profits with their employees.

Most of the gas stations around my area are not somewhere I would get lunch from. They carry the standard hotdogs/polish that I notice the construction workers are always buying early in the morning. One by me does try to have some fresh items like fruit and yogurt but I don't really buy anything but gas. We do have a couple that have chicken places in them but my husband refuses to go to any of them. 

Back to Jill, I hope the kids got to eat. And yes, I wonder where is Sophia. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is it Sofia that's missing?  I wonder why?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I posted without first seeing your comment.  Where is Sofia?

• Like 2

So did anyone else read about that homeschool co-op that is being investigated in Ohio?  I couldn't help but think that this is why the Rods moved there:  the state officials were quoted as saying that essentially all they could look at was to see if the group was meeting statutory requirements and they couldn't do anything about the despicable content of the shared curriculum.  

Other than a few shared beliefs, I don't see any reason to believe that the Rods are part of this particular co-op, it is just sad to me that the state has so little control here for all of the families that are failing their kids' educational needs in the service of indoctrination.

• Sad 18
3 hours ago, peppergal said:

So did anyone else read about that homeschool co-op that is being investigated in Ohio?  I couldn't help but think that this is why the Rods moved there:  the state officials were quoted as saying that essentially all they could look at was to see if the group was meeting statutory requirements and they couldn't do anything about the despicable content of the shared curriculum.  

Other than a few shared beliefs, I don't see any reason to believe that the Rods are part of this particular co-op, it is just sad to me that the state has so little control here for all of the families that are failing their kids' educational needs in the service of indoctrination.

I came across that a couple days ago at Vice.com.  What a horrible situation!

• Sad 6
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Hard to believe there is a Bates that isn't splashing inanity all over social media. How did that happen? Is she really a Bates if she doesn't tell about every minute of her life?

Michael is the only Bates with the sense to hold back on sharing pregnancy news due to her history. That and she’s not a fame whore like many of her sisters. 

• Like 15
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I took that to mean she is pregnant NOW, and was sharing about a prior miscarriage. Am I wrong? I might be!!

She was referring to the miscarriage. If Michael is pregnant they probably won’t announce until she’s ready to pop. Can’t blame them for being cautious.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, SMama said:

She was referring to the miscarriage. If Michael is pregnant they probably won’t announce until she’s ready to pop. Can’t blame them for being cautious.

Thank you for clarifying, I misunderstood. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

Oh good gracious, Timcel got ANOTHER speeding ticket. This one was last Sunday on the way home from church. I don't have the numbers, but this is something like four speeding tickets in the past year or so. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Run on sentence, anyone?
  • Mind Blown 21
  • LOL 1
On 2/1/2023 at 3:41 PM, charmed1 said:

“Duggars Gone Wild”! “[creepy, cringey] James Doing [creepy, cringey] James Things!!!”

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, LilJen said:

“Duggars Gone Wild”! “[creepy, cringey] James Doing [creepy, cringey] James Things!!!”

Someone apparently tipped James off regarding about "gone wild." The YouTube is now called a very boring Duggar Vlog. 

I am sad. 😂

• LOL 11

I feel vindicated! I argued a few weeks ago they probably didn't know what it meant and were just stealing it from pop culture!

Though as I'm typing this, it dawned on me that maybe it was a knowing reference and he finally got caught. So, now I feel significantly less vindicated. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh good gracious, Timcel got ANOTHER speeding ticket. This one was last Sunday on the way home from church. I don't have the numbers, but this is something like four speeding tickets in the past year or so. 

So what happens now?  At what point does he face bigger consequences?  

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I have no clue as to the laws in Ohio. But his Insurance is probably sky high, if he hasn't been dropped. Maybe @Notabugor other Ohioans can enlighten us? 

I'd rather not discuss how I know this, but, years ago, two moving violations in a 6 month period required an automatic court appearance.  Obviously, he could show up, pay whatever the judge or magistrate orders and be done with it.  Timcel would probably also be offered the opportunity to take a safe driving course offered by the state to get his total points down.

In court, they dispose of a ton of people at one sitting, like 100 or more.  Everybody shows up at the same time, turns in their license, and has a seat.  The bailiff calls people up in batches of 10 or so and the magistrate, who is usually the one who does traffic court, then goes one by one through the list and the driver has to show proof of insurance.  If there are a lot of points on the license, he tells them they can take the driving class.  Otherwise, he gives out a fine and the driver takes the paperwork to the cashier, pays and gets their license back,  There are occasional moments of hilarity as people, usually young guys around Tim's age, try to tell the magistrate that they don't have money to pay the fine but would like their license back and the tickets dismissed anyway.  Or, better yet, that they don't have insurance and can't afford it but figure the law doesn't apply in that case.  I saw one dude practically melt down when the magistrate told him no insurance, no license. At any time, someone could decide to fight the ticket and ask for a court date; virtually no one does.

Back in the day, every moving violation was 2 points; they dropped off after a couple years of no new tickets.  If the driver accumulated 12, it was an automatic license suspension for 6 months, I think.  That means Timmy must have 8 points or more; he better be signing up for the driving class.  With the number of tickets in such a short period of time, there is no way he hasn't gone to court at least once.  The fines increase exponentially as the violations pile up.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
  • Useful 17
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

I'd rather not discuss how I know this, but, years ago, two moving violations in a 6 month period required an automatic court appearance.  Obviously, he could show up, pay whatever the judge or magistrate orders and be done with it.  Timcel would probably also be offered the opportunity to take a safe driving course offered by the state to get his total points down.

In court, they dispose of a ton of people at one sitting, like 100 or more.  Everybody shows up at the same time, turns in their license, and has a seat.  The bailiff calls people up in batches of 10 or so and the magistrate, who is usually the one who does traffic court, then goes one by one through the list and the driver has to show proof of insurance.  If there are a lot of points on the license, he tells them they can take the driving class.  Otherwise, he gives out a fine and the driver takes the paperwork to the cashier, pays and gets their license back,  There are occasional moments of hilarity as people, usually young guys around Tim's age, try to tell the magistrate that they don't have money to pay the fine but would like their license back and the tickets dismissed anyway.  Or, better yet, that they don't have insurance and can't afford it but figure the law doesn't apply in that case.  I saw one dude practically melt down when the magistrate told him no insurance, no license. At any time, someone could decide to fight the ticket and ask for a court date; virtually no one does.

Back in the day, every moving violation was 2 points; they dropped off after a couple years of no new tickets.  If the driver accumulated 12, it was an automatic license suspension for 6 months, I think.  That means Timmy must have 8 points or more; he better be signing up for the driving class.

My guess is that Tim will continue as usual and when his license is revoked will continue to drive without it. Having learned nothing. The next speeding tickets will be interesting. Where do they get money for fines?  

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 2
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

WTH is wrong with him???!?!

• Like 11