Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill is so creepy and after all those kids, still has no idea how to be a loving parent. Why couldn't she lie down in the child's bed with her "baby" who she "loves so much" and maybe even read her a story until she gets sleepy? These are the things that loving parents do every day. It's just heart breaking that these kids are subjected to this narcissistic mother and a cold, dopey father.

• Like 21
  • Sad 6
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The "professional" photographer is the older sister of the girl Timmy is rumored to be courting.  If she was professional, she would have known not to stand on the platform for most of the ceremony and be in almost every picture and most of the video.

Reddit has a video from someone's phone that shows when Dave was speaking, one of the bridesmaids fainted and Jill jumped from her seat. Renee maybe.

And Dave kept on talking he didn’t even help or move toward the fainted person. Tells me what a terrible human he is.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 13
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

And Dave kept on talking he didn’t even help or move toward the fainted person. Tells me what a terrible human he is.

It was his own 10 year old daughter. We knew he was a shitty, neglectful father. Now there's proof. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 20
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Janessa isn't a ten-pound baby anymore. Jill actually got down on her hands and knees, dragged the kid out from under the desk (sorry, "scooped her up"), got back on her feet while holding a child, and carried her to her bed? In Jill's vivid imagination, this happened. She probably called Renee out of the laundry area and made her do it. 

I think Janessa slept there until the morning.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have a grandson, who at maybe 8 years old, would have asked to get this for me. He calls me Mum.

F879F026-9D6E-458F-AE24-E6EAB99CDF12.jpeg

Jill got Jonathan and pregnant Kaylee to take her to a gift shop. How long did it take for BME to point out all the things she'd love to have, but just can't afford to buy for herself? Sob, sob. There was no way Jon was going to get out of that store without buying BME something, but at least he didn't spend a lot on something she really wanted.  

• Like 14
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Janessa isn't a ten-pound baby anymore. Jill actually got down on her hands and knees, dragged the kid out from under the desk (sorry, "scooped her up"), got back on her feet while holding a child, and carried her to her bed? In Jill's vivid imagination, this happened. She probably called Renee out of the laundry area and made her do it. 

Sure, and with her SEVERELY damaged knee!

• LOL 16
29 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

At first I didn't notice Horseheads as the town name, and after reading one of the twins really liked horses, I thought that one headline was referring to the twins as horseheads.😃  Their hairstyles do resemble manes.

I thought of Horseheads bookends. 

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I've never heard the term bride-elect before.  I guess Jill was employed somewhere when she was engaged.  I couldn't imagine having her as a hairdresser.  

But she's an award-winning stylist who competed at the state level!
(Yeah, me too...and my eyebrows thank me)

• LOL 12

All of these old pictures of Jill and her sisters crack me up considering when they were taken.  I'm in the same age range as Jill and her sisters, and I never looked like that from 1996-1999 nor did virtually all of my fellow classmates.  We left our curling irons behind in middle school and embraced either The Rachel or the grunge aesthetic.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Wait it says David is the son of "Juliane Drake" 

9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:
9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Was she a SINGLE MOTHER?   Oh the HORRORS.   Even if his dad had passed, they mention it as the "late Mr. rodrigues."   OH MY.   The SCANDAL.   

It should have said, and the late John J Rodrigues Jr.

8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Even if his dad had passed

He did, it was suicide. David was around 5 years old.

10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Was she a SINGLE MOTHER? 

His parents were married.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
49 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

All of these old pictures of Jill and her sisters crack me up considering when they were taken.  I'm in the same age range as Jill and her sisters, and I never looked like that from 1996-1999 nor did virtually all of my fellow classmates.  We left our curling irons behind in middle school and embraced either The Rachel or the grunge aesthetic.  

David’s cool turtleneck and Dr. Huxtable sweater combo are definitely relics from the Steve Sanders 90210 collection too.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 1
  • LOL 14
47 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I suspect that Ma Noyes followed the 80s big hair trend.  It would be interesting to see a photo of her during that era.  Of course country singers in that time period all had big hair.  I'm 4 years younger than her, but I never went with the big hair trend.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

But she's an award-winning stylist who competed at the state level!
(Yeah, me too...and my eyebrows thank me)

I bet she did every woman’s hair the exact same way.🤣

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Same. Her hair in those pictures screams 1983 to me.

36 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I suspect that Ma Noyes followed the 80s big hair trend.  It would be interesting to see a photo of her during that era.  Of course country singers in that time period all had big hair.  I'm 4 years younger than her, but I never went with the big hair trend.

Were they even allowed to listen to country music? They lived in New York, not Tennessee.

7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Those old articles always crack me up. The Joyful Noyes ACADEMY Homeschool? 😂

I hadn't seen the one with Amy and Angie before. Nice to see some new material. 😜

Academy, LMAO!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Back to the engagement article. The BRIDE ELECT? What the … Was she running for the position of bride?! Did people vote for her?!! 

It was a very common term at that time, just means bride-to-be. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
14 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

WHERE was bride elect a common term?! I have never heard of that term until today and I was around in the 1980’s ( and in a sorority which means I was in dozens of weddings!). I

I was married in 1987, and in my engagement announcement I was was referenced as the bride-elect.  This was in Southern California.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
11 minutes ago, beckie said:

Amy and Angie, in those pictures, don't look very identical to me. But what do I know.

Did notice Jill and her big hair front and center in the family picture and holding the dog.

Because where else would she be? She's Jill!! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, beckie said:

Amy and Angie, in those pictures, don't look very identical to me. But what do I know.

Did notice Jill and her big hair front and center in the family picture and holding the dog.

I noticed that Jill was the only one not looking at exactly the same spot as the others in that picture. It almost appeared to be more to her left rather than to everyone's right.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Catonc said:

I was married in 1987, and in my engagement announcement I was was referenced as the bride-elect.  This was in Southern California.

I'm not sure when the term went out of fashion, but I grew up hearing and seeing it wedding announcements all the time as I was growing up.  I grew up in the Central Valley in California.  I'll have to dig through my files, but I'm pretty sure the term was in my mom's wedding announcement in the 1940's in Iowa, and maybe even my grandma's in the 1920's.  It was just an honorific for the bride that has been dropped from fashion.

I hope this is written without mistakes.  My big cat, Flora, insists on trying to walk on the keyboard to help me type.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
On 1/22/2023 at 7:33 PM, Teriacky said:

I think we should be able to tell Timmy how to dress. 

I like this idea !!  😆 👊

10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

5EE4F23B-B1AB-43A3-AC44-85913A742512.jpeg

9B927ACB-4076-46A0-85E8-66D27AC41488.jpeg

D13C37B4-2C70-491C-B088-6DFF578F16D7.jpeg

F93F815A-920F-4B46-82AF-7A1C53B31BB9.jpeg

C51CACB1-4802-4F4D-AAF2-2A3AC41FED37.jpeg

52C49BEF-CF8E-4655-872C-99245FAC8E63.jpeg

(From Reddit)

Oh dear

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, skatelady said:

I live only 2-3 hours from Horseheads, and am well aware that it exists, yet STILL..... 

...."Horseheads twins.."      I read that as an adjective describing the twins. 

What an unfortunate title. And - dare I say it? - unfortunately apt.

(Meet you in the prayer closet! I'll bring the wine!)

Every time I see “Horseheads twins” I think the same thing but also giggle to myself. See you in the prayer closet, I’ll bring chocolate.

• LOL 9

The small town paper for my town STILL uses the term bride elect. Nothing equivalent for the men. 🙄

we can now confirm David has never, ever been a hunk. Which confirms Jill has always been insane.

Sad at the line about how when the dtrs go out together, it’s “just like we’re best friends.” Even they know on some level the “my siblings are my only friends” stance is a pile of BS.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

So it seems Jill & David are her parents, 2.0. I wonder if David has realized his FIL had to get a real job when their performers daughters were married.

In 3 years Hannah will be 18 and Janessa will be 10. the Rods have about a decade left of grifting, but each year it will be harder as they look less and less like a large poor church family.

They'll have to sell the barndo and yard hop from kid to kid in their RV. JillR's poor tchotchkes. Maybe they can live in the baby cage with the stuffed animals. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

we can now confirm David has never, ever been a hunk. Which confirms Jill has always been insane.

Yes, we thought he might have been at least for a brief moment, but it seems unlikely. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

One thing I noticed while reading the article about Amy and Angie--Ma Noyes is responsible for Jill's obsession with staying trim.  There is no reason why the twins' birth weight needed to be listed nor any reason to flat out state their weight at 17.  This piece is a fluff piece written at the request of the Noyes family.  Someone in the family supplied that information and my guess is Ma Noyes.  The tidbit about them almost being born on different days is interesting, but why mention Angie was a whole whopping 7 ounces heavier than Amy?!?

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4