Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee, can you thrust your non-existent baby bump out any farther? Your back looks like it's going to break, it's so swayed.

FB_IMG_1674271096371.jpg.f72e389bcb707509847b1af5c46e6c70.jpg

This is probably the first time in Kaylee’s life her stomach isn’t sunken in. I imagine she’s afraid people will think she’s getting fat.

• Sad 9
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

His latest one is especially bad in an incel sort of way. 

What's he going on about now? I can't listen to him more than 30 seconds. His videos used to sound like he was depressed about his own existence.  Then he turned his attention to women who didn't meet his high standards. I'm worried for any young woman who ends up married to him and living in that trailer. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What's he going on about now? I can't listen to him more than 30 seconds. His videos used to sound like he was depressed about his own existence.  Then he turned his attention to women who didn't meet his high standards. I'm worried for any young woman who ends up married to him and living in that trailer. 

I think he's depressed, but doesn't know, or can't acknowledge that he's depressed. So he deals the only way he's allowed. I'm terrified some day he's going to snap and go off the deep end.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Re: Ma in the photo with the family...the first thing I noticed is that they put a skirt on that poor woman over her pants. Yes, I agree, no need to "point out the wheelchair" in the photo. 

I thought the same as you about the skirt.  I took a closer look and I think that’s a fleece blanket. The hem on it is pretty thick to be a skirt.  I will say, though, it’s refreshing to see Ma in a “hoodie blouse” as opposed to a turtleneck.  And can I say “EW” about a double-date with your parents?  Why not just say you went to dinner with them to get Ma and Pa away from the house for a bit?  Jill, It’s ok to go to dinner with your hubby and other people and not call it a double date or a group date. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Especially when talking about you and DBD going out with a couple of your older kids.  Brothers and sisters normally don’t “date”.  

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

What's he going on about now? I can't listen to him more than 30 seconds.

His latest rant is titled "Modesty, and Why It Is Biblical" - from the little I watched it is again ranting on female attire. If you show your bare thighs you are naked and such.

He is again filming under a bunk bed, misspeaks, loses his place/train of thought a bunch of times. Wonder if the girl bailed on him.

• Like 7
  • Useful 11
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

His latest rant is titled "Modesty, and Why It Is Biblical" - from the little I watched it is again ranting on female attire. If you show your bare thighs you are naked and such.

He is again filming under a bunk bed, misspeaks, loses his place/train of thought a bunch of times. Wonder if the girl bailed on him.

I didn't listen, but there's apparently a bit where he says he will rule over this domain. His wife will be forced to dress to his standards. The Coverett girl he's been rumored to be seeing wears skirts only in pictures. Her sisters wear pants and *gasp* tankinis.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 12
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

39 minutes all spent telling women what to wear. . . 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 9
  • Fire 2
42 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I didn't listen, but there's apparently a bit where he says he will rule over this domain. His wife will be forced to dress to his standards. The Coverett girl he's been rumored to be seeing wears skirts only in pictures. Her sisters wear pants and *gasp* tankinis.

Yeah. There are rumors on Reddit that Tim is in some kind of "pre-courtship" with this girl, who is Jonathan's cousin. She's only 18. If this is true, I hope she and her family hear the loudly flapping red flags and run. Jonathan should know enough about Tim and his loony parents by now to say something, even on the sly, but he probably won't in case it got back to Jill. Oh, to be a fly on the wall of the barndo. 

I can just see a married Tim berating his sisters-in-law about how their clothing is a ticket straight to hell. You know he won't be able to keep his mouth shut. 

A wife, and a stream of babies would end Tim's burden of being a missionary pilot. Even though achieving this goal is highly unlikely as it is, having it shut down because of a family to support would be another entry in his long list of grievances. 

• Sad 10
4 hours ago, beckie said:

I think he's depressed, but doesn't know, or can't acknowledge that he's depressed. So he deals the only way he's allowed. I'm terrified some day he's going to snap and go off the deep end.

My applause reaction was not in a YAY HE'S GOING TO DO TERRIBLE THINGS but rather the more we speak it, maybe it gets thru to Mahmo that her beloved Timmay isn't the *exact* prize she thinks he is, he's not nearly as "godly" as even HE thinks he is.  Kid needs HELP.  And life away from Mahmo.

I think most of the kids are probably pretty harmless (with the obvious exception being their beliefs), but Timmay is definitely going to wind up on a watch list of some sort. 

• Like 16
On 1/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

It also occurred to me that Mahmo could be watching the sermons. If so, I wonder what she's had to say about them? Taking personal responsibility rather than blaming Satan would be a big issue for her.

This is the same woman who, while her preacher son-in-law spoke about the evils of social media, filmed him and posted it on social media. There is not a chance in hell that Jill listens to anyone speaking besides herself, so the only thing she would get out of watching the chaplain's sermon on personal responsibility is how often those 'girls' looked at the boys and whether or not the bible references were from the proper KJ version.

• Like 20
8 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

My applause reaction was not in a YAY HE'S GOING TO DO TERRIBLE THINGS but rather the more we speak it, maybe it gets thru to Mahmo that her beloved Timmay isn't the *exact* prize she thinks he is, he's not nearly as "godly" as even HE thinks he is.  Kid needs HELP.  And life away from Mahmo.

I think most of the kids are probably pretty harmless (with the obvious exception being their beliefs), but Timmay is definitely going to wind up on a watch list of some sort. 

But he's turning out to be just like his mother, a raging nutjob. Why would Jill see anything wrong with her clone?

I don't think Tim is going to have a happy ending, unfortunately. His parents have failed him, and he needs therapy and probably won't get it. Phillip may do better since he'll have some life skills and an occupation as a preacher in a country church, and I don't mean "country" as in Hungary. Still, he'll have a stable situation. Sam and Gabe, I can't say. 

Not much is expected of the daughters. They're pretty and subservient. As long as they don't get any ideas about having an independent life, they'll fit in and carry on. 

Of course, anything is possible. If David or Jill get an early trip to Heaven or become just too old to control everything, the younger kids may have a chance. Even the older ones may change a bit. Who knows? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But does he have disposable income? Jill posted about Ma's BILLS that keep rolling in. 

Her post about BILLS apparently didn’t help. The most recent donation still sits at 2 months ago.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

There's no way Jill doesn't check that Gofundme weekly, if not daily. She knows the fund is still online. She's just embarrassed it didn't do better. 

But now she needs money to gas up the van for the spring singing/grifting tour, the trip to VW to take Ma back so the Fosters can take care of her, and her SEVERELY deserved beach vacation in Florida, where David can complain about the women in bikinis. Suddenly, Pa has BILLS to pay.  

• Like 12
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But does he have disposable income? Jill posted about Ma's BILLS that keep rolling in. 

He paid to take everyone out for pizza at Christmas.  Something tells me Jill expects his social security checks to be spent on her 

• Sad 13
19 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

He paid to take everyone out for pizza at Christmas.  Something tells me Jill expects his social security checks to be spent on her 

And Jill is delusional. I don't know how much Pat worked (she did have a job when they lived in WV), so I don't know if she's getting SS. If not, Tim the Elder needs every penny of his check to pay bills. And when they return home, to pay utilities and EAT. 

• Like 6
On 1/17/2023 at 9:23 AM, merylinkid said:

So Philly already knows how to print smiley tracts.   If he learned emergency medical treatment and survival techniques will the Medicorps guy bring him along as a mascot?

Probably not, but I bet John Schrader would take him as an unpaid intern and teach him all about being a missionary.

• Sad 8
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Probably not, but I bet John Schrader would take him as an unpaid intern and teach him all about being a missionary.

Oh dear. Shrader is Nurie's BIL, so this isn't out of the realm of possibility. He's just their brand of fundie, too. Pity that he can't convert anyone to his exacting standards. 

• Sad 7
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I hope so, his recent videos are more creepy than ever. Who gave this immature, virgin man-child the idea that he was qualified in any way to tell adult women how to act and/or dress? 

• Like 12
  • Applause 11
18 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

There's no way Jill doesn't check that Gofundme weekly, if not daily. She knows the fund is still online. She's just embarrassed it didn't do better. 

But now she needs money to gas up the van for the spring singing/grifting tour, the trip to VW to take Ma back so the Fosters can take care of her, and her SEVERELY deserved beach vacation in Florida, where David can complain about the women in bikinis. Suddenly, Pa has BILLS to pay.  

I bet she's green with envy when she thinks about how much Damar Hamlin's go fund me raised after what happened to him. Of course that was for charity and the only charity Jillpm knows about is people giving her shit. 

• Like 9
10 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I bet she's green with envy when she thinks about how much Damar Hamlin's go fund me raised after what happened to him. Of course that was for charity and the only charity Jillpm knows about is people giving her shit. 

Jill is supposedly not "of the world." I doubt she knows of Damar Hamlin or even if she saw the game, doesn't know about the GFM. That information came independent of the game, and if the Rods we're watching MNF, I still doubt they followed up on Hamlin, a nice Christian guy from all accounts.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill is supposedly not "of the world." I doubt she knows of Damar Hamlin or even if she saw the game, doesn't know about the GFM. That information came independent of the game, and if the Rods we're watching MNF, I still doubt they followed up on Hamlin, a nice Christian guy from all accounts.

Oh I can bet she is checking every single go fund me to see which ones are performing better than hers.   

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Hunk watches football on the map in the family room and the tapestry in the bedroom. He may have been watching the game in which Hamlin was hurt. However, Jill would be the one to check for a Gofundme, and I doubt Hunk said anything. 

All Jill really cares about is that Ma's GFM raised only 60% of its goal before going cold, despite her pleas and updates. She must constantly be on edge about her fundraising abilities since Jill's only charity is Jill. 

• Like 9

Yeah I don't think Jill's brain (such that it is) can process why her case is so different.  Normally employed people who fall on a momentary hard time due to accident, injury, natural disaster, etc are going to get more of a response than a basically unemployed couple that has their hand out every time the wind blows.  Especially when that deadbeat couple brags about their anniversary vacations and their fun detours on their "ministry" vacations. 

Those other people, more often than not, also tend to be kind human beings who help others without complaint.  They don't talk about what a bother it was for some lowly member of their church to ask for a ride to the doctor's, they don't even tell anyone they did it. 

And people like Hamlin or Hoeg who ended up getting more than they expected, they don't buy more stuff for themselves, they find a way to pass it on to the next person or charity in need.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I wonder how much of Jill's grifted cash goes to eyeliner.

Geez, Jill, tone it down. 

Jill buys her green eye crayons at the dollar store, so they don't actually cost that much.  Of course, she goes through one every five days, so it does add up.

Full disclosure: In my makeup bag you will find an ELF eyeliner pencil from the dollar store. I love it and wish I'd bought several. But it's black, not mold green. And I don't ring my eyes with it like lemur. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 15
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Full disclosure: In my makeup bag you will find an ELF eyeliner pencil from the dollar store. I love it and wish I'd bought several. But it's black, not mold green. And I don't ring my eyes with it like lemur. 

ELF and NYX are my go-tos for sure!   Imagine if Jill could figure out liquid liner.  

Talked to a woman today during a work call and she referenced living among "crazy fundies" and you can imagine how quickly I ran to look up her account to see if she was near any of our favorites.  (She's not.)  I did ask what kind of fundies, "Like, the Duggars or Bates or ...?" and she said "OH GOSH NO NOT THAT BAD!"  ...which led to a whole conversation about Duggars and Duggar-adjacents.  

I sort of hope she is reading this right now.

• Like 11
  • LOL 11

I am laughing in complete weirdness of Jonathon and Kaylee singing to each other at the alter. It was bad enough that before this, the whole clan shrilled a song.

Jill at the rehearsal making it sound like Kaylee is dying. Then starts crying when she thanks her for being such a "good girl". Blah! I can't even imagine my mother making a speech like that at my rehearsal.

Whoever the girl photographer was, Timmy must've thought she was quite the hussy with a slit in her skirt and it being slightly above the knee. Probably what prompted his latest video.

What a dull as ass wedding, like all of them are.

• Like 11

I scrolled along and stopped at the part where Daddy David said god designed heterosexual marriage, between one man and one woman, blah blah blah.  What a poorly executed wedding video including crying baby at the beginning.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 5
5 hours ago, Madtown said:

Whoever the girl photographer was, Timmy must've thought she was quite the hussy with a slit in her skirt and it being slightly above the knee. Probably what prompted his latest video.

The "professional" photographer is the older sister of the girl Timmy is rumored to be courting.  If she was professional, she would have known not to stand on the platform for most of the ceremony and be in almost every picture and most of the video.

Reddit has a video from someone's phone that shows when Dave was speaking, one of the bridesmaids fainted and Jill jumped from her seat. Renee maybe.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1

Janessa isn't a ten-pound baby anymore. Jill actually got down on her hands and knees, dragged the kid out from under the desk (sorry, "scooped her up"), got back on her feet while holding a child, and carried her to her bed? In Jill's vivid imagination, this happened. She probably called Renee out of the laundry area and made her do it. 

• Like 16