Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I've always wondered if that placement was down to Derick. 

Newlywed Jill: "Oh, look, here's a sweet picture of my parents all framed and ready to hang on the wall!  ❤️ ❤️  Where do you think we should hang it? Over the living room mantel? In our bedroom?"

Newlywed Derick: "Honey, we already have nice pictures on the walls in those rooms. I know the perfect place for it! Let me grab the hammer and a nail and get it put right up there." [Thinks:  "Looking at that ought to take care of biz when I get constipated. . . "]

This is the best explanation I've ever seen of the picture. LOL 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Why the gait belt, if she can’t walk? Idiots.

I noticed that too. Could they be using it for transfers? Or do you think Jill is exaggerating her mom's limitations? Or are they just idiots?

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I noticed that too. Could they be using it for transfers? Or do you think Jill is exaggerating her mom's limitations? Or are they just idiots?

If she can stand and actually bear weight to assist in the transfer, that’s different. I reacted too quickly, perhaps. It’s not supposed to be used to lift. It would also be a nice idea to remove the belt once she’s seated.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone in the comments asked if they still had the GoFundMe.  (The most recent donation was two months ago)The response from Jill:

9ECCB993-2FC3-4206-B824-DCF4B5DC6C88.jpeg

Like Jill doesn't know iif the Go Fund Me is still up.  I thought lying was a sin. 

She should get rid of the smiley face and replace it with a Pinnochio emoji!

image.png.ab654d0f1ced6938c2464476094f66ac.png

I wouldn't be surprised if she posted that question to herself using a sock puppet account!

• Like 19
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Did she have to mention the bathroom part? Geez, give the woman some dignity. 

Yes! Also, she could easily have posted a better photo that didn't spotlight her mother's physical condition. A few options: 

1. All four people could be seated and photographed from the waist up, so that the others aren't standing and towering over her mom.
  2. Even as they posed it, she could have directed the person taking the photo to shoot from about mom's waist up
  3. She could have cropped out most of the wheelchair. It looks like JillR worked on her mom's hair and makeup; IMO mom looks pretty good in those respects.

Here's my crop of the photo, which doesn't scream "look at my poor mom's sad condition!! [and send money]!!" Even so, it looks like Jill's mashing down on her mom's shoulder, and I agree, why leave the various medical belts and stuff there. Oh yeah, I forgot, the more sick mom looks, the more money JillR's "parents'" GFM may bring in. 

JillR2.jpg.b67e81434cc1e451093d48e5ba6b0d71.jpg

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just realized Jill’s mom also has a hoyer sling under her. Makes the choice of a gait belt even more perplexing. 

My guess it's all just more proof that they don't know what they are doing.  I wonder if they even bothered getting her a wheelchair cushion.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/17/2023 at 6:51 PM, Albanyguy said:

I'm surprised that Jill doesn't order him to say that he's not hungry, wrap up his slice of pizza and bring it home for David (or at least try to grift the leftovers).

Who says she doesn’t?😟  If I remember correctly, the lunches at Phillips school cost $2.50/meal.  It wouldn’t surprise me if she forbids him to pay for lunch and makes him take a sandwich from home.  She can’t prevent him from eating free food provided by the school though.  I wonder how much Jill is charging Phillip for room and board?

• Sad 15
Just now, farmgal4 said:

Who says she doesn’t?😟  If I remember correctly, the lunches at Phillips school cost $2.50/meal.  It wouldn’t surprise me if she forbids him to pay for lunch and makes him take a sandwich from home.  She can’t prevent him from eating free food provided by the school though.  I wonder how much Jill is charging Phillip for room and board?

I remember reading the $2.50 for lunch but I think it was posted here that students get the lunches for free. I'm too lazy to find out, so maybe someone can clarify.

Pizza parties often have leftovers since pizza is filling and most people can't eat a lot of it in one sitting. Maybe Phillip stays to help clean up and brings home the  leftovers. Of course, he might not be the only student from a family with more people than food to feed them, so there may be competition for the leftovers. Leftover pizza would be nice for the Rodlets, but David may claim it by dipping up first. 

• Like 10
23 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I've always wondered if that placement was down to Derick. 

Newlywed Jill: "Oh, look, here's a sweet picture of my parents all framed and ready to hang on the wall!  ❤️ ❤️  Where do you think we should hang it? Over the living room mantel? In our bedroom?"

Newlywed Derick: "Honey, we already have nice pictures on the walls in those rooms. I know the perfect place for it! Let me grab the hammer and a nail and get it put right up there." [Thinks:  "Looking at that ought to take care of biz when I get constipated. . . "]

I wondered if it was a fundy wife's way of preventing her husband from spending "too much time" in the bathroom.

• LOL 14
33 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Does Jill’s mom have a MULLET?!! For dog’s sake, just cut the hair in the back. 

I think that's the unfortunate after effects of Jill's insistence that they not evenly cut her mom's "glorious" hair when they had to do the brain surgery.  So instead of a nice short even cut that would hide the part growing out better, she gets the combo mullet/comb over of doom...

I do wonder what pre-illness Ma would say about all this going on.  I know she's fundy as well, but would she look at how Jill is presenting and exploiting her and be like "nah kiddo this is a step too far, there comes a time when you have to put down the camera, cut your hair, and just buy a wig" or would she be all in on the public "suffering" in the name of clicks and GoFundMe?

• Like 18
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Does Jill’s mom have a MULLET?!! For dog’s sake, just cut the hair in the back. 

Jill has a DEGREE in hairstyling, so please don't question her fashion sense! (I kid!)

• Like 3
  • LOL 16
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I remember reading the $2.50 for lunch but I think it was posted here that students get the lunches for free. I'm too lazy to find out, so maybe someone can clarify.

Pizza parties often have leftovers since pizza is filling and most people can't eat a lot of it in one sitting. Maybe Phillip stays to help clean up and brings home the  leftovers. Of course, he might not be the only student from a family with more people than food to feed them, so there may be competition for the leftovers. Leftover pizza would be nice for the Rodlets, but David may claim it by dipping up first. 

IIRC, free lunch for residents, commuters pay the $2.50.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For people whose whole lives are supposed to revolve around pregnancy, you'd think they'd know there's not supposed to be much of a bump before week 12 or so... Unless she's more than 8 weeks pregnant and they (whispers) had sex before marriage! 

I kid...I kid but you'd think Jill would get that you probably don't want to brag about a honeymoon baby being more advanced than expected in fundyland. I guess this is Jill we're talking about.

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 9

From the comments on the wedding video.

"Forgot to add that I LOVED the end clips of their honeymoon! So sweet!! It would be so neat for them to have a YouTube channel and vlog their lives together! Especially now with a baby on the way! Would be such a huge testimony for the Lord! Especially with the majority of the YouTube channels. It would be a HUGE breath of fresh air!"

Not sure Kaylee and Jonathan would have anything to say that wasn't scripted by mama, praise of mama or bible quoting.

I wonder if this person ever watches Timothy's videos, they are certainly not a "huge breath of fresh air".

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

You are not supposed to have a bump at 8 weeks unless you are overeating.  Which is 1) possible since now she has access to food and 2) her doctor would have something to say about that -- if she is even seeing a doctor.   Goodness I hope she is getting proper prenatal care.

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

You are not supposed to have a bump at 8 weeks unless you are overeating.  

Or unless you are standing sideways in the mirror arching your back, wearing a ruched top with one hand pressed down to flatten the ruffles at the top of yor belly and the phone positioned to make your chest look half its actual depth.

I wonder how many pictures Kaylee had to take beforre she got it all just right.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2023 at 5:34 AM, oliviabenson said:

80E98435-F3B1-4354-95DB-5C9153F67937.jpeg

My reaction is that Ma's face looks younger and healthier than Jill's in this picture. It's interesting that everyone else is in low light and shadows while Ma's face and clothes are bright, vibrant, and shadowless. Could our Jilly have manipulated Ma's image? Why does she post pictures of her mother if she thinks Ma doesn't look "right" without intervention? 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

My reaction is that Ma's face looks younger and healthier than Jill's in this picture. It's interesting that everyone else is in low light and shadows while Ma's face and clothes are bright, vibrant, and shadowless. Could our Jilly have manipulated Ma's image? Why does she post pictures of her mother if she thinks Ma doesn't look "right" without intervention? 

If you look at her neck it does look suspiciously photoshopped. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Why does she post pictures of her mother if she thinks Ma doesn't look "right" without intervention? 

Jill has really gone off the deep end with "appearances are everything" idea.  You are just increasing our feelings about how phony and deceptive you are, and far from being a good Christian.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

From the comments on the wedding video.

"Forgot to add that I LOVED the end clips of their honeymoon! So sweet!! It would be so neat for them to have a YouTube channel and vlog their lives together! Especially now with a baby on the way! Would be such a huge testimony for the Lord! Especially with the majority of the YouTube channels. It would be a HUGE breath of fresh air!"

Not sure Kaylee and Jonathan would have anything to say that wasn't scripted by mama, praise of mama or bible quoting.

I wonder if this person ever watches Timothy's videos, they are certainly not a "huge breath of fresh air".

Timcel’s videos are truly disturbing.

• Like 12