Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Also pretty much all evening/weekend events and service projects at his school have some sort of meal. Pizza or whatever. The Pastor guy that does the announcements at the chapel service jokes fairly often on this. "We know we have to feed you to get you to show up for these things" or "Of course there will be a meal first" etc

I'm surprised that Jill doesn't order him to say that he's not hungry, wrap up his slice of pizza and bring it home for David (or at least try to grift the leftovers).

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I believe Jill has said Phillip is attending in hopes of a "degree in missions" so he can continue his burden of being a missionary to Hungary.  Here is the description from the school website.

MISSIONS

This degree is designed for those planning to do the work of a missionary. It requires a total of 96 semester hours at MBC and/or another approved college, plus a thesis on a missions topic approved by the Academic Dean, and a passing grade on the Doctrinal Comprehension Exam. A candidate for this degree must have attended MBC at least part-time during his senior year, and must have completed at least 36 credit hours in residence at MBC.

This course will give the missionary student a firm foundation in the background of missions from a biblical and historical perspective. Students will learn the art of deputation, as well as how to put together a display, printing, and presentation. Other subject matter to be covered will include emergency medical treatment, survival techniques, managing stress, cultural adaptation, language study, choosing a sending agency, and much more.

By the time the missionary student completes this course, they will be more than prepared for candidate school and other practical aspects of missionary life on the field.

So…who will be willing to teach Hungarian to an undereducated simpleton who intends to convert Hungarians to a narrow-minded crap type of “Christianity”?

49 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Unfortunately pregnant Kaylee has that example of BME bragging about how tiny pregnant Nurie was  She'll probably be trying to keep her weight down.

Even if Kaylee’s not thinking consciously about staying thin to “please her man,” she will have slurped in those unhealthy messages for years from her mother.

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
22 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Phillip sounded like a regular person in his sermon and definitely better than Timothy.  He might actually make it as a pastor.  I'll make no comment on the content--I imagine it would appeal to some people.

He does seem confident in speaking, but it was a complete mishmash, all over the place, and I couldn’t understand most of what he was saying, or the points he was trying to make.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, awaken said:

He does seem confident in speaking, but it was a complete mishmash, all over the place, and I couldn’t understand most of what he was saying, or the points he was trying to make.

Did you hear his ode to Hungary? That was especially bad.

• LOL 5

Here is Renee's Poem

By Our Darling Renee.... This is beautiful, sweetheart! You bless our hearts SO much! Hugs, Daddy & Mama

"I'd Rather be a Princess"

I'd rather be a woman of true and priceless worth, than follow after vanity in search of empty mirth.

I'd rather be a servant to the holy Lord of all, than to fill my name with glory; in hopes I might enthrall.

I'd rather be a pauper who to give would be my aim, than to say I own a castle filled with riches to my name.

I'd rather be a follower of Jesus Christ my Lord, than strive to gain acceptance in this lost and dying world.

I'd rather be a Virgin; to her Master she obeys, than to search for empty love that, with time, is thrown away.

I'd rather be a child with the innocence of mind, than to know the sin that lingers; hoping mischief I might find.

I'd rather be a keeper of the things that God deems best, than to strive for worldy wisdom; never gaining peaceful rest.

You ask me where my worth is, who I serve, what's my name, and no matter where life takes me, my answer will remain.

I'm a servant of the Master, I'm a daughter of the King, I'm a follower of Jesus Christ no matter what life brings.

I will serve Him in the hard times, I'll go on thru disarray, and although this world may darken, it's my Lord I will obey.

You see, it isn't vanity or glory to my name, nor is it a castle filled with goods for me to claim.

It isn't the acceptance of others passing by; neither is it fading love to which I will comply.

I won't strive to hear the answer to a secret of deceit, and my knowledge won't determine if I've reached the highest peak.

Now to all of those who wonder what my life is truly worth, I can answer with deep honor and proclaim to all the earth.

I've been rescued by a Saviour, a Redeemer and a Friend, and I'll follow in His footsteps until the very end.

So no matter what the future holds or what this life may bring, I'd rather be a Princess; I'm a daughter of the KING!!!

Written By Renee Rodrigues (Jan. 2023)

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, AstridM said:

Didn’t he leave at least one continent out?

ETA - looks like he doesn’t even know the difference between countries and continents 🤦‍♀️🥲.

You mean that there's a difference between countries and continents boy I learn something new by reading this website every day 😃

• LOL 15

It is such a BLESSING that Australia is not on the Rod’s radar as either continent or a country.  We will not be BURDENED by a visitation from any of them.  I only hope that Australia is not on the MAP that DBD spends so much time perusing.

• Like 14
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is saying plexus reset is going to get rid of COVID effects. It will cleanse your kidneys/gut… 

Exactly what you do not need when recovering from Covid… Plexus poison will probably make you even more sick.

Someone needs to report her for that. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

Someone needs to report her for that. 

Seriously.   Although she is right on the line.  She doesn't say its a cure, she says it helps get rid of the effects.   But I bet even the Plexus people would not be happy with this.   It could get the whole company investigated.

Renee is going to be the one stuck at home taking care of Ma and Pa Rod isn't she?   At least Jana has her garden and an allowance from Head Idiot.   Renee won't even have that.

• Sad 14

Regarding Renee's poem - if she wrote it, she has a flair for poetry and sentence structure that she surely did not get from Jill's homeschooling.  It's not Yeats or anything but it's well-written and spelled correctly, for the most part.  And if she does have this gift, it's a shame that it will go absolutely nowhere.

I found it interesting that it was preceded on Jill's IG page by a picture of a solo Renee and my first thought was - welp, looks like it's Renee's turn to be farmed out by her mother as the next available Rod female ready to mate and procreate, along with samples of her writing prowess.  It's all weirdly Jane Austen-ish....here's my next daughter in line for marriage!  And look how well she sews and plays piano!  Now taking applications!  Serious inquiries only!

• Like 18
  • Sad 7
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The picture Jill used with the poem:

73F57844-7D6D-4B0E-9506-AA42CD4FBEE7.jpeg

That hair almost looks too healthy to be Renee's...that would be funny if that's a completely different daughter.

She made another post trying to get people to do the Reset (I think that's what it is called)...one of her points is "It's Biblical to fast."

• Sad 16
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

It is such a BLESSING that Australia is not on the Rod’s radar as either continent or a country.  We will not be BURDENED by a visitation from any of them.  I only hope that Australia is not on the MAP that DBD spends so much time perusing.

You are SEVERELY BLESSED that Jill will never visit your country!

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4

That hair does not look like Renee's.  The poem seems cribbed from somewhere and possibly slightly changed.  I can't imagine one of Jill's children actually producing that without a lot of help.

• Like 22
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Renee is going to be the one stuck at home taking care of Ma and Pa Rod isn't she?   At least Jana has her garden and an allowance from Head Idiot.   Renee won't even have that.

...at least Jana has a garden.

Sorry, had to be said lol

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Can someone with better Google skills than I have see if this is plagiarized?

I ran a few lines through Google and nothing came up. It could still be plagiarized. 

It's possible that Jill wrote/copied it and put Renee's name on it. I suspect all of the children's gushing odes to Mama that Jill posts are written or highly edited by Jill, who wants to control all the narratives coming out of chez Rodrigues. The only factor against this theory is that the poem is not as overwrought as most of the stuff Jill writes. 

Wherever it came from, the poem is depressing. I hope Renee finds some happiness in her life. 

• Like 12
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding Renee's poem - if she wrote it, she has a flair for poetry and sentence structure that she surely did not get from Jill's homeschooling.  It's not Yeats or anything but it's well-written and spelled correctly, for the most part.  And if she does have this gift, it's a shame that it will go absolutely nowhere.

I found it interesting that it was preceded on Jill's IG page by a picture of a solo Renee and my first thought was - welp, looks like it's Renee's turn to be farmed out by her mother as the next available Rod female ready to mate and procreate, along with samples of her writing prowess.  It's all weirdly Jane Austen-ish....here's my next daughter in line for marriage!  And look how well she sews and plays piano!  Now taking applications!  Serious inquiries only!

I’m having a SEVERELY difficult time believing that Renee wrote that entirely by herself.  Sorry, but I just don’t believe it.  As for the picture accompanying the poem, Jill obviously thinks that the back of Renee looks better than the front.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8

Whether that's Renee or Tessie in the photo, I wonder what it must feel like when one day, Mahmo instructs you to put on your best modest dress and do your hair and makeup extra fetching because today, we are going out to the field to take your picture for Mama's social media and the girls know exactly what that means...are they excited?  Scared?  Blindly accommodating?  Or have they been taught to not have feelings?

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
21 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

DED09AE2-C95B-4886-BBE5-61860F74B5EF.jpeg

34090877-10ED-47F5-A3DE-84C37600A3F3.jpeg

541518B8-CB16-4023-8956-36AC505CB867.jpeg

Explains why Jill’s parents are with her. Kevin (Amy’s husband) had surgery and is recovering. He is the primary caregiver to Amy. One adult can’t be a full time caregiver to 2 ill people.

It makes sense now. I can't see Jill being inconvenienced by having her dependent parents move in unless there was a very good reason. Unfortunately, I have little faith in Jill's generosity to anyone but herself. 

What about the Rodrigues family singing/grifting tour? Aren't they usually on the road by now or is it at the end of the month?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What about the Rodrigues family singing/grifting tour? Aren't they usually on the road by now or is it at the end of the month?  

Must be soon since she is doing the miracle 3 day reset this weekend where she will claim she lost 7-10lbs. Mama has to look svelte for the 'Singing Missionary Tour" season.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Must be soon since she is doing the miracle 3 day reset this weekend where she will claim she lost 7-10lbs. Mama has to look svelte for the 'Singing Missionary Tour" season.

She recently posted a picture of baby Newman and wrote they will be seeing him and Nemo soon. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

The reset challenge in at the end of January.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

That hair does not look like Renee's.  The poem seems cribbed from somewhereId and possibly slightly changed.  I can't imagine one of Jill's children actually producing that without a lot of help.

I don't think there is any way Renee actually wrote this by herself.  The vocabulary is more extensive than her education.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't think there is any way Renee actually wrote this by herself.  The vocabulary is more extensive than her education.

Maybe they have fundie Mad Libs. 

• LOL 14

Jonathan & Kaylee bless our hearts daily! 💕 Their steadfast quest for truth and righteous living is refreshing and nearly extinct in our world today.  We sure do love them and have enjoyed watching their cute, little starter home transform into a warm and welcoming space.  Isn't their living room so cozy!  😊

E654867A-E122-4728-8CCB-306C8E461B1F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jonathan & Kaylee bless our hearts daily! 💕 Their steadfast quest for truth and righteous living is refreshing and nearly extinct in our world today.  We sure do love them and have enjoyed watching their cute, little starter home transform into a warm and welcoming space.  Isn't their living room so cozy!  😊

E654867A-E122-4728-8CCB-306C8E461B1F.jpeg

Kayleigh has either inherited her mother’s decorating taste, or inherited her mother’s cast offs.  So sad either way.

Edited by LavendarRose
Forgot to add comment
  • Like 18
  • Sad 3

Jill can’t stop stunting and smothering her children even after they have flown the nest. Part of being a young adult is enjoying those firsts. First apartment (for most) or house, first time buying furniture for your living space. Having your mattress on the floor while you decide on a bedroom set, then save your money to buy it. Having cheap, minimal furniture until you can buy living room and dining room furniture. Probably making some questionable decorating choices but they are your choices. That’s how most of us learn to adult. 

The Rodlets won’t enjoy that simple rite of passage because they are saddled with a troglodyte for a mother. I hope a future in law advocates for the newlyweds and puts Jill in her place. I also hope the rest of the Rodlets move as far away as possible from their narcissistic mother and good for nothing father.

• Like 13
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 1

I don't hate the ottoman/bench/coffee table and chair, but I can't believe they just painted over all the cracks and bulges in the walls. Even if they did a shitty job it would look so much nicer if they sanded them down a bit.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

I think these pictures are pre wedding and living room was done at the same time as the upstairs makeovers. The one before pic in the living room has box upon box of little packaged bags of something, disposable plates and bowls, packages of plastic ware and a box clearly marked "Pew Bows" and another says "....... for wedding".  I can's make out the first part. Plus a few boxes of pink things.

Jill and her crazy timeline strikes again.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think these pictures are pre wedding and living room was done at the same time as the upstairs makeovers. The one before pic in the living room has box upon box of little packaged bags of something, disposable plates and bowls, packages of plastic ware and a box clearly marked "Pew Bows" and another says "....... for wedding".  I can's make out the first part. Plus a few boxes of pink things.

Jill and her crazy timeline strikes again.

I thought I saw a wedding picture on a wall though. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, someone would have to be really narcissistic and  self-involved to decorate someone else's house with a picture of themself at their wedding.   Jill would never think of such a thing!

Her way of paying it forward. Her wedding pic is probably in the bedroom. 🤮

• LOL 8
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well Jill Dillard did hang a picture of her parents kissing in her home.

24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her bathroom, IIRC. Double 🤮🤮

I've always wondered if that placement was down to Derick. 

Newlywed Jill: "Oh, look, here's a sweet picture of my parents all framed and ready to hang on the wall!  ❤️ ❤️  Where do you think we should hang it? Over the living room mantel? In our bedroom?"

Newlywed Derick: "Honey, we already have nice pictures on the walls in those rooms. I know the perfect place for it! Let me grab the hammer and a nail and get it put right up there." [Thinks:  "Looking at that ought to take care of biz when I get constipated. . . "]

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 17