Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Isn't that the one song from The Doors that talks about wanting to kill your father and fuck your mother?

Yes.  Per Wikipedia This is the End is also a 2013 American apocalyptic stoner black comedy film written, directed and produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes.  Per Wikipedia This is the End is also a 2013 American apocalyptic stoner black comedy film written, directed and produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg

That is a fantastic movie! Maybe they watched it on the map and she got the idea for it 🤪

The song is good too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She's not really keeping costs down though.  That hotel is not going to be able to rent out the event space on Friday morning or Saturday evening, so they are going to charge Jill for that time.  Jill most likely has use of the space from 8 or 9 am on Friday to 8 or 9pm on Saturday.  Of course, Jill needs those 5 or 6 hours on Friday to "decorate" the space before the retreat.  She could very easily forego decorating and have a one-day retreat with one meal if she was serious about keeping costs down.  Those attendees are paying more for Jill's ego.

Also, how many speakers can she get? Most people don't like to do public speaking. Sister Amy can talk about her accident (again), the pastor's wife can talk about being a godly housewife (again), Kaylee and Renee can talk about being obedient daughters (again), and Jill can give a longwinded Plexus pitch (again). Everybody can pray. That's about three hours. The End. 

• LOL 10
48 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

So jealous! Her insta is private. I did a request to follow, but if she researches me at all, I probably won't make the cut!

My insta handle is a play on "envy" but with a totally different meaning. If she let that through, she'll approve anyone. 😀

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Nurie is lucky to live in Florida otherwise Jill would make her a speaker.

She'll probably drag Ma Turtleneck there in her wheelchair.  She won't be a speaker, but Jill can pose as a dutiful and caring daughter.  She might be able to drum up more money for the GFM.

• Sad 13
33 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

She'll probably drag Ma Turtleneck there in her wheelchair.  She won't be a speaker, but Jill can pose as a dutiful and caring daughter.  She might be able to drum up more money for the GFM.

Or used a recorded "interview" or life sized posters and a donation box to drum up the sympathy.

If she were paying attention outside of her tiny corner of the universe, she'd probably keel over with envy over the night and day difference over how the internet donors have reacted to Ma's stroke and how they reacted to Hoeg's.  She wouldn't even realize that the biggest difference maker is that pre-stroke Hoeg was someone who was more likely to give than to ask for anything and interacted with all his followers in a positive manner using the phrase "reasonable minds can differ"  rather than Jill's rants of "persecution!"  As a result when the news hit that he wouldn't be able to earn money to support his family for months while rehabbing, the donations flooded in.  $20k in the first hour alone and now up over $80k.  After months, Jill's only managed around $6k. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Or used a recorded "interview" or life sized posters and a donation box to drum up the sympathy.

If she were paying attention outside of her tiny corner of the universe, she'd probably keel over with envy over the night and day difference over how the internet donors have reacted to Ma's stroke and how they reacted to Hoeg's.  She wouldn't even realize that the biggest difference maker is that pre-stroke Hoeg was someone who was more likely to give than to ask for anything and interacted with all his followers in a positive manner using the phrase "reasonable minds can differ"  rather than Jill's rants of "persecution!"  As a result when the news hit that he wouldn't be able to earn money to support his family for months while rehabbing, the donations flooded in.  $20k in the first hour alone and now up over $80k.  After months, Jill's only managed around $6k. 

There is a not that well known horror author who is currently in hospital seriously ill. Several of the authors I follow on FB have posted about his GFM page. He is now at $112, 000 with a goal of $125,000 in just two days. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Also, how many speakers can she get? Most people don't like to do public speaking. Sister Amy can talk about her accident (again), the pastor's wife can talk about being a godly housewife (again), Kaylee and Renee can talk about being obedient daughters (again), and Jill can give a longwinded Plexus pitch (again). Everybody can pray. That's about three hours. The End. 

C418AE2D-0882-4E33-9019-E58A7CAFBF20.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 4

Even though it is less than 24 hours, Jilly wants an "overnight" retreat.  I am betting the hotel is comping her a suite if enough paying guests book rooms.  that's the usual rental contract.   Because otherwise, this could be a one day retreat.

• Like 9

In the past, Jill's received a discount (or free) room at a later date as well as the one probably comped during the event. That hotel was the source of photos of her kids swimming in the nice indoor pool in their street clothes and drain-clogging long hair. The brood never stayed at the hotel; Jill just bussed them in for the gym and the pool. 

However, Jill switched hotels a year or two ago, so I don't know if she receives better personal benefits from this one, or if the other hotel decided the "lady" running the ladies' retreat wasn't worth the trouble and expense. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

I believe Mrs Sherry Love is an author who wrote a book on being the widow of a pastor. Triumph Through Tears - A Widow's Testimony. Her name then was Sherry MacDowell. Husband who passed in 2018 was Pastor Bruce MacDowell.

It seems she has since remarried to Mr Love. She is definitely Jill's type of christian. Went to Pensacola bible college, loves the ark encounter, is a true patriot, etc.

How she could be of use to Jill - one of her sons seems to have a pest control business and she posts his ads on her fb for his specials on Bed Bug spraying. 😂

• LOL 15
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

In the past, Jill's received a discount (or free) room at a later date as well as the one probably comped during the event. That hotel was the source of photos of her kids swimming in the nice indoor pool in their street clothes and drain-clogging long hair. The brood never stayed at the hotel; Jill just bussed them in for the gym and the pool. 

However, Jill switched hotels a year or two ago, so I don't know if she receives better personal benefits from this one, or if the other hotel decided the "lady" running the ladies' retreat wasn't worth the trouble and expense. 

I'm going with banned after bringing in her children and causing chaos.  Hotels are a business.  Jill despite her own beliefs does not bring in enough business to be worth the hassle.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I joked about the bed bug service and then realized most maybe don't know about jill's crazy bed bug hotel room meltdown.

This entire post is very telling of how exhausting living with jill must be for the children. Jill in full rant, kids awakened in the night, kids "follow instructions not to reveal embarrassment, kids dragged into walmart at 12am, etc.

It shows Jill in all her insanity on many topics.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3181

• Mind Blown 11
  • LOL 4
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I joked about the bed bug service and then realized most maybe don't know about jill's crazy bed bug hotel room meltdown.

This entire post is very telling of how exhausting living with jill must be for the children. Jill in full rant, kids awakened in the night, kids "follow instructions not to reveal embarrassment, kids dragged into walmart at 12am, etc.

It shows Jill in all her insanity on many topics.

I only read a little bit. But I cannot picture David flying out of bed lol. 

I’m shocked the Rods do not have bed bugs on account they are always traveling 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill bragging she got new shoes while continuously begging for $. So Jill. The shoes look like crocs with heels and are not cute. 

They may be comfortable and with another outfit might possibly look OK.  With what she's wearing they look hideous.

• Like 12
  • LOL 6

They had 14 people in one hotel room? WTAF.  Unless it was a suite the maximum occupancy is usually four. We usually stay in a suite because I struggle with insomnia and SGirl likes darkness and silence when she sleeps (I use the TV for white noise). Plus she gets her own TV. 😃

Seriously, did I misunderstand? They crammed 14 people in such a small space? 

Edited by SMama
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 3
18 minutes ago, SMama said:

They had 14 people in one hotel room? WTAF.  Unless it was a suite the maximum occupancy is usually four. We usually stay in a suite because I struggle with insomnia and SGirl likes darkness and silence when she sleeps (I use the TV for white noise). Plus she gets her own TV. 😃

I think 2 adjoining rooms, but still 14 people in 2 rooms??

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

This was way, way too many words from jill for me to read.  I made it thru about 1/3 of the way and decided life was too short for whatever nonsense was about to happen.  

I'm curious about her site analytics, I'm sure she doesn't know how to read them or find where her visitors are coming from, but it makes me happy to know many site clicks she gets are from places like here and reddit and probably not nearly as many people she knows IRL.

• Like 9
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

I

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

15..13 is just the kids. I can’t believe the hotel allowed that. Not sure where she got 14 unless one of the older kids wasn’t there but this was back in 2017. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
9 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I

15..13 is just the kids. I can’t believe the hotel allowed that. Not sure where she got 14 unless one of the older kids wasn’t there but this was back in 2017. 

Janessa was born in 2018.

Jill did a photo dump on FB. Her down line rented a room and watched the big convention in Arizona. Took group pictures with pants-wearing sluts. I guess pants are acceptable when their wearers are making money for Jill.🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
12 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I

It’s 14 people. Nessie was born in 2018.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It’s 14 people. Nessie was born in 2018.

Ahhh.  Still. Good lord, the drama that read was. She acted like she’s the first person ever to not get much sleep and the have to get up and do something. Poor her. 

• Like 11
26 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She said the hotel clerk offered them two adjoining rooms free of charge to make up for the bed bugs.

Like you said even two rooms is pushing it. Do they bring sleeping bags (can’t see these two grifters spending $ on the kids) and sleep on the floor? How can anyone walk with that many bodies on the floor? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 3
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

She said the hotel clerk offered them two adjoining rooms free of charge to make up for the bed bugs.

Like you said even two rooms is pushing it. Do they bring sleeping bags (can’t see these two grifters spending $ on the kids) and sleep on the floor? How can anyone walk with that many bodies on the floor? 

Probably 2 Queen beds in each room. Good thing the Rodlets are SO thin, they probably were 4 to a bed with Jill and Shrek in one, just the lovebirds.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

They may be comfortable and with another outfit might possibly look OK.  With what she's wearing they look hideous.

For some reason she loves to combine skirts with black in them with black stockings and white shoes.  She's done it before.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

For some reason she loves to combine skirts with black in them with black stockings and white shoes.  She's done it before.

I thought the black stockings was just Jill paying homage to her idol, Michelle Duggar.

• LOL 15

The cheap skirt with the mismatched seams, the pink shirt not matching the lavender stripes in the skirt, the navy tights with white shoes. If the clothes and shoe were too big Jill would look like Sophia.

• Like 7
  • LOL 13
8 hours ago, SMama said:

I thought the black stockings was just Jill paying homage to her idol, Michelle Duggar.

Both Jill and her fertile hero Michelle wear long skirts and black stockings year round to cover the varicose veins and discolorations from their pregnancy marathons. Black stockings at the beach in summer are the giveaway. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 6