Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Where did she post that? I don't see it on her Facebook.  Did she catch hell and wisely decide to take it down? 

It's right at the end of her video for the Ladies Retreat. Janessa kept shoving her face in front of the camera while Jill was talking. Jill used whatever filter on Janessa for a few seconds

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 1
On 1/8/2023 at 3:59 PM, GeeGolly said:

We don't need to exploit Janessa. Maybe the picture should be behind a spoiler tag. It really is very, very wrong.

In one way, I am glad I saw it, because I don't think I would have conjured up just how disturbing that image is just off a description. But, that being said, I vote for deleting it, because although obviously it is out there, and that ship has sailed, the less places it shows up, the better.

Just now, Jynnan tonnix said:

In one way, I am glad I saw it, because I don't think I would have conjured up just how disturbing that image is just off a description. But, that being said, I vote for deleting it, because although obviously it is out there, and that ship has sailed, the less places it shows up, the better.

Jill is truly not right in the head. At all. And she clearly has no concept of what the God she claims to revere would approve of. 

• Like 6
31 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I vote for deleting it, because although obviously it is out there, and that ship has sailed, the less places it shows up, the better.

I deleted it. People who quoted it can certainly do the same.

• Like 6

How can people afford to buy plexus from Jill? Her customers are probably poor and know her from church. Food is expensive! 

Dave was preaching about how God is good to him or something. No kidding. Living well on someone else’s charity. No shame from Dave.

• Like 10
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Who upset Jilly plexus? Her non admirers? 

DA2AA2CE-7895-4718-B856-E2A05CDD7BBD.jpeg

Gone? They aren’t dead they are married!

9671C317-659D-41F2-9E69-3221A7F6BBFE.jpeg

Jill, you basically have the older children for sale to the highest bidder.  Don't act like you're some fabulous, involved mom. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
20 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It sounds like she is sending them of to war or they are moving to a  new country where there is no way to communicate and she will never see them again.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It sounds like she is sending them of to war or they are moving to a  new country where there is no way to communicate and she will never see them again.

The kids would be lucky and happy if that happened lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They mentioned:

eyebrows

malnourished children

plexus poison

spending go fund me money on vacations 

relying on handouts…….

I sure wish I'd seen those comments! Jill will never look at her part in why she received responses like that. She'll just cling to her new boundaries book and assume she's being persecuted for her devotion to serving Jesus. 

• Like 9

I could only see 5 comments, all negative as reported above. JillR probably eventually turned off the comments, she is SEVERELY busy after all. I don’t think she bothers to block people, unlike Jessa who seems to enjoy blocking.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill forgot to turn off the comments on a post a couple of days ago. Let's say the posts weren't kind. 

Ha!  Came here to say this!  So funny to see comments turned on and people letting her have it!  I’m sure we’ll all be blocked now. 

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I could only see 5 comments, all negative as reported above. JillR probably eventually turned off the comments, she is SEVERELY busy after all. I don’t think she bothers to block people, unlike Jessa who seems to enjoy blocking.

Jill blocked me on Facebook. She sure blocks people.

• Like 4
On 1/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, ginger90 said:

I deleted it. People who quoted it can certainly do the same.

It was just a picture with a stupid filter. Weird, yes. Made the child look like a strange elf, but it wasn't vulgar or obscene. No need for such strange censorship.

• Mind Blown 1

I don't know how she considers them "gone" as she's just as much in their business now, as she was then. Even more, I'm sure. Plus, I'm sure those family get togethers/vacations/whatever's are REQUIRED for the marrieds. So "gone" doesn't fit. 

Edited by beckie
  • Like 12

On 1/5/2023 at 8:34 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

This story also makes it sounds suspiciously like she had an abortion and I'm not buying the 8 hours of bleeding out without anyone realizing what was up.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:45 AM, BradandJanet said:

She'll bend the rules when it benefits her. 

I feel bad for the medical staff who have had to deal with Jill and David. Despite Jill's attempts at sounding sweet and reasonable, these two are probably anything but. 

The drs might have strongly advised that Jill have a hysterectomy but you KNOW that wouldn’t have gone over. At all. 
And we all know BME would never use this story as an example of why abortion should be legal, though it sounds like that’s precisely what happened, a life saving D&C. Of course the details are all exaggerated.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:46 PM, Absolom said:

I keep hoping that a spouse's family will provide enough rational approach and stability that one of the kids will break free.  I think if one makes it, then a few others will find the strength to follow.

We keep saying that about the Duggars. And we’re still waiting. 😢

On 1/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

This picture is...disturbing.  

On 1/8/2023 at 11:34 AM, ChristmasCandy said:

I can't believe that BME (worst) is already pimping her out at her young age 😭

“See , Janessa, soon you too can be a handmaiden for the Lord. Only a few years until I fix your eyebrows and you can have your very own jumbo set of eyeliner pencils!”

• Like 8

In the shrinking family photo, what is that sweater Phillip is wearing? Is he into abstract art now? Some of the girls' outfits are OK, but when a skirt is so long it sweeps the floor, it's going to get filthy. Jill's dress make her look like a linebacker. Is she expanding, or is her head shrinking? Both explanations are possible. 

• LOL 14
43 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In the shrinking family photo, what is that sweater Phillip is wearing? Is he into abstract art now? Some of the girls' outfits are OK, but when a skirt is so long it sweeps the floor, it's going to get filthy. Jill's dress make her look like a linebacker. Is she expanding, or is her head shrinking? Both explanations are possible. 

It looks like one of  those sweaters Cosby used to wear on his show. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that a filter or photoshop? Most of the feet look like they're sinking into quicksand.

I think it's the Great Value version of Photoshop. JillPM has shown us in the past her "Photoshop" skills *cough cough* with one of NotNurie's wedding pictures.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
18 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill has redecorated her bedroom.  It originally didn’t look all that bad, but now it looks like Goodwill puked all over it.  It’s awful.  I think she might’ve even bought a new bed, because I don’t remember ever seeing that headboard before.  Does she ever stop spending money on herself?  I wonder if she’s charging her parents room and board?  It wouldn’t surprise me if she is.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 6
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has redecorated her bedroom.  It originally didn’t look all that bad, but now it looks like Goodwill puked all over it.  It’s awful.  I think she might’ve even bought a new bed, because I don’t remember ever seeing that headboard before.  Does she ever stop spending money on herself?  I wonder if she’s charging her parents room and board?  It wouldn’t surprise me if she is.

It might just be a new headboard. Gee, I'm still using the one that I had when I was married to my first husband. We got a great deal on it as a closeout and it is all wood. I was not going to get rid of it. We bought it in like 96-97. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

Anything big like furniture is probably from a grift. I doubt she paid for it. 

It's too bad she doesn't use her powers to bring in decent food and clothes for her kids. Her image on the social media she loves so much might improve if she treated other people like she treats herself. 

• Like 10
20 hours ago, awaken said:

Ha!  Came here to say this!  So funny to see comments turned on and people letting her have it!  I’m sure we’ll all be blocked now. 

Comments still open with a few more added!  👍🏽

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

Jill’s retreat info:

Looking SO forward to our Ladies' Retreat this March 24th - 25th!  😊❤  Hope to see YOU there!  😉

Schedule of Events.....

* Check in time is from 3 to 4pm on Friday.
* The dinner starts at 4pm on Friday evening.
* Retreat officially starts at 5pm Friday. 
* Retreat resumes at 9am Saturday am.  
* Retreat ends at 1pm on Saturday.
* Lunch is from 1 to 2pm on Saturday.
* 2 pm on Saturday - The End.  😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It might just be a new headboard. Gee, I'm still using the one that I had when I was married to my first husband. We got a great deal on it as a closeout and it is all wood. I was not going to get rid of it. We bought it in like 96-97. 

My headboard and footboard are from 1860.  Buy quality and it lasts, I guess.  I have had it for over 30 years.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s retreat info:

Looking SO forward to our Ladies' Retreat this March 24th - 25th!  😊❤  Hope to see YOU there!  😉

Schedule of Events.....

* Check in time is from 3 to 4pm on Friday.
* The dinner starts at 4pm on Friday evening.
* Retreat officially starts at 5pm Friday. 
* Retreat resumes at 9am Saturday am.  
* Retreat ends at 1pm on Saturday.
* Lunch is from 1 to 2pm on Saturday.
* 2 pm on Saturday - The End.  😉

That's a pretty short retreat. I suppose it's necessary to keep costs down and get the womenfolk back to their hunky husbands, dozens of kids, and household chores as quickly as possible. 

"The End"? Has Jill been watching old movies? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

That's a pretty short retreat. I suppose it's necessary to keep costs down and get the womenfolk back to their hunky husbands, dozens of kids, and household chores as quickly as possible. 

"The End"? Has Jill been watching old movies? 

She's not really keeping costs down though.  That hotel is not going to be able to rent out the event space on Friday morning or Saturday evening, so they are going to charge Jill for that time.  Jill most likely has use of the space from 8 or 9 am on Friday to 8 or 9pm on Saturday.  Of course, Jill needs those 5 or 6 hours on Friday to "decorate" the space before the retreat.  She could very easily forego decorating and have a one-day retreat with one meal if she was serious about keeping costs down.  Those attendees are paying more for Jill's ego.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She's not really keeping costs down though.  That hotel is not going to be able to rent out the event space on Friday morning or Saturday evening, so they are going to charge Jill for that time.  Jill most likely has use of the space from 8 or 9 am on Friday to 8 or 9pm on Saturday.  Of course, Jill needs those 5 or 6 hours on Friday to "decorate" the space before the retreat.  She could very easily forego decorating and have a one-day retreat with one meal if she was serious about keeping costs down.  Those attendees are paying more for Jill's ego.

Exactly. Dinner at 4 PM? 🤣

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
25 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Exactly. Dinner at 4 PM? 🤣

That seems early, but I imagine a 4pm dinner is something the attendees would prefer over one at 8pm.  They strike me as the same type of women that I see waiting for the seafood restaurant I can see outside my window at work to open at 4pm.  Seriously, the restaurant opens at 4pm Tuesday-Saturday, and cars start to show up at 3:45.  They also have "their" table in the main dining room.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2