Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'll bet Mahmo is holding onto this as her ace in the hole. When Philip has to leave school because he either flunks out or they won't pay the tuition, she'll use it to claim that he left because of the school's "ungodly" teachings. Just like when Tim left Moody and she insisted it was because one of his professors "threw the KJV bible in the trash".

It also occurred to me that Mahmo could be watching the sermons. If so, I wonder what she's had to say about them? Taking personal responsibility rather than blaming Satan would be a big issue for her.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It also occurred to me that Mahmo could be watching the sermons. If so, I wonder what she's had to say about them? Taking personal responsibility rather than blaming Satan would be a big issue for her.

Not really though. Jill is the one who is personally being attacked by Satan and his minions (probably David as well), but her unmarried sons are susceptible to sinning and need to hear a sermon on personal responsibility.  Jill knows Philip and Timmay are full of desires the cannot righteously fulfill, and will welcome them receiving advice from godly men to keep them on the right path until marriage.  

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Not really though. Jill is the one who is personally being attacked by Satan and his minions (probably David as well), but her unmarried sons are susceptible to sinning and need to hear a sermon on personal responsibility.  Jill knows Philip and Timmay are full of desires the cannot righteously fulfill, and will welcome them receiving advice from godly men to keep them on the right path until marriage.  

True. Advice does not apply to Jill, just to other people. Nathan's cellphone sermon went right over her head. She claims that she's not perfect, but she probably thinks she is. 

When she gets tired of paying tuition or helping to keep Phil and his car on the road, her true colors will show. The only question is who will get the blame. 

• Like 15
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True. Advice does not apply to Jill, just to other people. Nathan's cellphone sermon went right over her head. She claims that she's not perfect, but she probably thinks she is. 

When she gets tired of paying tuition or helping to keep Phil and his car on the road, her true colors will show. The only question is who will get the blame. 

Phillip is responsible for paying his own tuition. 

I forgot that Jill is impervious to sermons that don't directly affect her. And even when one *should* apply, as Nathan's social media sermon did, she hears selectively. 

I was being generous in even thinking she watched Phillip's school sermons. She doesn't give two shits about her kids. Why would she spend time on sermons that are meant for college students?

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Phillip must have a job to pay for tuition, gas, and now traffic tickets. Does Jill say anything about what kind of work he does and where? I think the school helps students find work. Could he be working in the presence of females, like Tim was in Wisconsin? 

Maybe Tim works somewhere stuffing envelopes. BME and DBD trained the kids  very well in that skill. 

• Like 2

My advice to  Phillip (and momma) - I was in graduate social work school and one of the professors gave us a take home final, which was really a paper.  She said it had to be 4-7 pages.  We abided by font size, etc.  My paper was almost 5 pages and it was unacceptable to her.  Why?  She said (A PhD) - you should know to always make it the maximum length.  What????  We had a big discussion and my grade was fine after that.  Geesh.  Hidden instructions.

• Mind Blown 4
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

My advice to  Phillip (and momma) - I was in graduate social work school and one of the professors gave us a take home final, which was really a paper.  She said it had to be 4-7 pages.  We abided by font size, etc.  My paper was almost 5 pages and it was unacceptable to her.  Why?  She said (A PhD) - you should know to always make it the maximum length.  What????  We had a big discussion and my grade was fine after that.  Geesh.  Hidden instructions.

That's nuts. Students aren't mind readers. 

Phillip can just add more Bible verses. He needs to learn about block quotations. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Phillip must have a job to pay for tuition, gas, and now traffic tickets. Does Jill say anything about what kind of work he does and where? I think the school helps students find work. Could he be working in the presence of females, like Tim was in Wisconsin? 

Maybe Tim works somewhere stuffing envelopes. BME and DBD trained the kids  very well in that skill. 

Jill said early on that Phillip was working after class with (for?) Jonathan. So yes, he's paying all those expenses, in addition to his traffic tickets, and most likely rent for living in the attic. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

If it's filled with random capitalizations, we would know BME had a hand in writing his paper. I don't know if his "professors" are wise to Jilldo's writing style yet. 

Don't forget random emojis as well.

• LOL 7

I’m putting Jill’s birthday post to Olivia as a spoiler because she references miscarriages.

Spoiler

Happy 11th birthday (on Jan. 4th) to our VERY sweet and loving Olivia.  ❤️  

Before I had her, I had 3 VERY hard miscarriages.  The first miscarriage of those three, I was having the miscarriage at home while being guided by my midwife through phone calls.  📱  I started hemorrhaging but thought that was normal.  After about an hour of that, I passed out.  My husband frantically called 911, and the ambulance came and transported me to the hospital.  I hemorrhaged for another 8 hours at the hospital before they fully realized what grave danger I was in. 🥺😧 I continued to pass in and out and was getting weaker by the hour.  🥴  David recalls that my skin color was a pasty white.  🥶

The doctor was called in, and they had to perform emergency surgery on me.  A part of the placenta was stuck in utero, hence the reason for my bleeding.  😥  They found that I had lost over 60% of my blood, and I had to have several blood transfusions.  For months afterward, I was tired, weak, and dizzy.  😵💫 I think that is why I lost 2 more pregnancies / babies after that.  😢  

People were hasty to tell us to STOP having children so that I would still be alive to take care of our oldest 9 children! David and I searched our hearts and the Scripture for the answer to that.  We decided to stick to our original decision to allow God to control our womb.  

You see, our journey of faith did not come to an abrupt end when trials came.  Our journey of faith needed to become even stronger through those times.  Children ARE a gift from God!  He chose to open my womb and then take those precious lives to Heaven.  I needed to trust His plan through the many tears that would wet my pillow each night. 😭 I have had a total of 5 miscarriages and those times of grief were some of my sweetest moments of TRUST in my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. ❤

As I look at Olivia (and Sadie, Sofia & Janessa), I ask, "Which one would I send back?"  Of course, NONE!  All 4 of our youngest girls (midst those miscarriages) were worth every sacrifice made. Every tear shed. Every sleepless night.  Every moment of fear. 

They are SUCH treasures in our home. 🩷 Their giggles, toys all over the floor, squeals of delight, etc. fill our home with SO much joy.  We all (David, myself, and our older children) say we can not imagine life without them!  

🥰 Olivia, you are a true MIRACLE of life, after 3 miscarriages in a row.  We all prayed SO hard to have you!  Even my labor story with you, was scary!  I got to 10 centimeters and we found that you were in a dangerous breech position, with your vitals signs starting to drop.  🫨  Most people would have quickly resorted to a C-section (and we would have too if it had been critical enough).  But, we trusted God's natural way and asked the assisting, emergency doctor to please try to flip her.  It was an extremely painful procedure for me, but in the end, it was healthier for me and for Olivia.  Again, we trusted God's plan, and it worked.  🤗

Mother reading this, trust God through your child bearing years.  🩷 Through the ups and the downs, God is faithful!  Passionately raise those children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord!  Don't view your children as burdens, but as blessings.  If they are lovingly trained right, your home will be filled with JOY UNSPEAKABLE AND FULL OF GLORY!  Don't mind the nay sayers, the critical thinkers, the envious friends or the hateful comments. Just keep trusting, serving and raising up a mighty generation for the GLORY OF GOD!  Trust a God that NEVER makes a mistake!  ❤❤❤  

Happy 11th birthday, Olivia!  We can't imagine life without you, sweetie!  Xoxo  😘 Hugs, Mama

88E12867-8D4C-4564-B570-F24945C414AF.jpeg

• Mind Blown 12
  • Sad 6
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m putting Jill’s birthday post to Olivia as a spoiler because she references miscarriages.

Reveal spoiler

Before I had her, I had 3 VERY hard miscarriages.  The first miscarriage of those three, I was having the miscarriage at home while being guided by my midwife through phone calls.  📱  I started hemorrhaging but thought that was normal.  After about an hour of that, I passed out.  My husband frantically called 911, and the ambulance came and transported me to the hospital.  I hemorrhaged for another 8 hours at the hospital before they fully realized what grave danger I was in. 🥺😧 I continued to pass in and out and was getting weaker by the hour.  🥴  David recalls that my skin color was a pasty white.  🥶

The doctor was called in, and they had to perform emergency surgery on me.  A part of the placenta was stuck in utero, hence the reason for my bleeding.  😥  They found that I had lost over 60% of my blood, and I had to have several blood transfusions.  For months afterward, I was tired, weak, and dizzy.  😵💫 I think that is why I lost 2 more pregnancies / babies after that.  😢  

People were hasty to tell us to STOP having children so that I would still be alive to take care of our oldest 9 children! David and I searched our hearts and the Scripture for the answer to that.  We decided to stick to our original decision to allow God to control our womb.  

You see, our journey of faith did not come to an abrupt end when trials came.  Our journey of faith needed to become even stronger through those times.  Children ARE a gift from God!  He chose to open my womb and then take those precious lives to Heaven.  I needed to trust His plan through the many tears that would wet my pillow each night. 😭 I have had a total of 5 miscarriages and those times of grief were some of my sweetest moments of TRUST in my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. ❤

As I look at Olivia (and Sadie, Sofia & Janessa), I ask, "Which one would I send back?"  Of course, NONE!  All 4 of our youngest girls (midst those miscarriages) were worth every sacrifice made. Every tear shed. Every sleepless night.  Every moment of fear. 

They are SUCH treasures in our home. 🩷 Their giggles, toys all over the floor, squeals of delight, etc. fill our home with SO much joy.  We all (David, myself, and our older children) say we can not imagine life without them!  

🥰 Olivia, you are a true MIRACLE of life, after 3 miscarriages in a row.  We all prayed SO hard to have you!  Even my labor story with you, was scary!  I got to 10 centimeters and we found that you were in a dangerous breech position, with your vitals signs starting to drop.  🫨  Most people would have quickly resorted to a C-section (and we would have too if it had been critical enough).  But, we trusted God's natural way and asked the assisting, emergency doctor to please try to flip her.  It was an extremely painful procedure for me, but in the end, it was healthier for me and for Olivia.  Again, we trusted God's plan, and it worked.  🤗

Mother reading this, trust God through your child bearing years.  🩷 Through the ups and the downs, God is faithful!  Passionately raise those children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord!  Don't view your children as burdens, but as blessings.  If they are lovingly trained right, your home will be filled with JOY UNSPEAKABLE AND FULL OF GLORY!  Don't mind the nay sayers, the critical thinkers, the envious friends or the hateful comments. Just keep trusting, serving and raising up a mighty generation for the GLORY OF GOD!  Trust a God that NEVER makes a mistake!  ❤❤❤  

Happy 11th birthday, Olivia!  We can't imagine life without you, sweetie!  Xoxo  😘 Hugs, Mama

This is the one often referred to as "angry Olivia" right? No wonder, if BME does this to her every year!

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Jill: It’s kid #…something’s birthday, but enough about THEM, 🙄, let me tell you how much I suffered! Because it’s all about ME. Me me me me me. 

Literally in that long ass rambling she only mentions the birthday girl 4 times. Nothing about who Olivia as a person, what she loves about her daughter, not a word. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 25

Oh, that story. Jill wouldn't have gotten on that position had it not been for her religious beliefs. I'm surprised she let them perform a D&C. And no Jill, you didn't lose that much blood, or you'd be dead. How many transfusions is "several?" The last time she told the story, I think she said 3 or 4.

Such a liar.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
She said several, not many.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Hide contents

Jill’s a fk’ing liar.  If she lost 60% of her blood, she would be dead, period.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill’s a fk’ing liar.  If she lost 60% of her blood, she would be dead, period.

This story also makes it sounds suspiciously like she had an abortion and I'm not buying the 8 hours of bleeding out without anyone realizing what was up.

• Like 19
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Says the woman who can't put down her phone in church. 🙄

While her son-in-law is preaching about cell phone selfies, and people on social media focusing on self. All of this being recorded by Jill, of course.

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, Trillium said:

In accredited schools, you typically cannot white space your way to a longer paper, you submit them electronically because there’s software to scan for plagiarism. I was always given instructions like “Times New Roman 12pt, double spaced 1” margins” and yes that was checked. And sometimes it’s word count vs pages that’s the requirement. 

*I did print my master’s thesis for my defense presentation, but I was still required to upload it the official submission page. 

Also an experienced instructor can spot the line spacing trick a mile away. When I was a TA teaching comp, my spidey senses could always tell when something was off with the margins/spacing/font because I was so used to knowing what it should look like. When you're grading dozens/hundreds of papers with uniform formatting, the ones that don't follow it stand out. Most of my fellow TAs were the same way, so it's not a magical power unique to me. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 11
12 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

This story also makes it sounds suspiciously like she had an abortion and I'm not buying the 8 hours of bleeding out without anyone realizing what was up.

Exactly!  Also, there’s no emergency room physician who is going to try to flip a baby in utero.  I’m starting to think that Jill is a pathological liar.

• Like 22
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Jill appears never to express any gratitude or appreciation of medical staff.  Only thanks to God.

• Like 8
  • Sad 8

By the time #10 is 18, JillR will have been resuscitated 3 times during the course of her delivery because God was going to make sure this rainbow baby x3 was going to be born and Jill would have willingly died so she could live.

• Like 17
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

While her son-in-law is preaching about cell phone selfies, and people on social media focusing on self. All of this being recorded by Jill, of course.

That's because she's so godly and wise that the messages don't apply to HER, they only apply to us heathens (or simply the people Jill decides are beneath her.)

• Like 12
3 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I'm going to live the rest of my life believing that the blood she got... was donated by someone with blue hair and piercings and wears miniskirts.  

And is an atheist.

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

FDE5A50F-8994-4594-8636-B10EE5445F30.jpeg

5D57426B-EA3A-4281-A2B2-CB103B8640ED.jpeg

Me: snorts unladylike . Jill boo you live on SM 24/7. 

the next present the kids should buy for Best Momma ever for being so great and allowing them in her presence should be --- A CLUE.

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, SMama said:

Has anyone ever seen toys covering Jill’s floors! Another bold face lie.

I’d love to see a picture of one toy on Jill’s floor. Many of us have commented on how the littles do not have toys. And I’m not talking about expensive toys, plenty of dollar store available. Dollar store was one of our go to places when traveling with SGirl. IIRC there was a sad picture of miracle baby Janessa using a “decoration”bicycle as a toy. Such a liar.

• Like 14

I watched a little bit of Olivia's birthday video.  She doesn't have the body language of a kid who's excited about her birthday, she seems to have the nervous energy of a child who maybe doesn't want a freaking camera shoved up in her face while blowing out the candles of a cake she might not even get to taste, with a smile plastered on her face because Best Mahmo is screeching at her.  

It must be so exhausting knowing that at any moment, your mother is going to point her phone your way so you'd better be ready to put on a believable performance for her.

• Sad 21
On 1/4/2023 at 10:03 PM, ginger90 said:

085B6D2B-DDFA-4D31-BB2B-25F1C55571FC.jpeg

Why is she posting this on social media when none of her kids use it? Just seems like she’s bragging tbh. 
Also I would’ve loved it if someone had said to Jill if Philip came 2nd from the top or the bottom? 😉, It would give her something to think about. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm actually a little surprised that she would accept a transfusion.  I thought she left everything, including income, up to God.  She doesn't seem to give much thanks to medical professionals.

She'll bend the rules when it benefits her. 

I feel bad for the medical staff who have had to deal with Jill and David. Despite Jill's attempts at sounding sweet and reasonable, these two are probably anything but. 

• Like 14

I actually felt a slight bit sorry for Jill after reading that. She’s been so brainwashed by her cult that she believes her husband has co-ownership of her uterus. It’s “your” womb, Jill. No one else’s, you loon.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
54 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I actually felt a slight bit sorry for Jill after reading that. She’s been so brainwashed by her cult that she believes her husband has co-ownership of her uterus. It’s “your” womb, Jill. No one else’s, you loon.

Fertility cults are hard on women. See Handmaid's Tale as a cautionary example.  

Jill deliberately continued to get pregnant before her uterus had healed. She may be right that this caused at least some of her problems. So much for her pro-life beliefs.

I'd be more likely to feel sorry for Jill if she didn't spend so much time on the social media she disdains presenting  herself as a nasty, lying, self-centered piece of work.

• Like 16
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched a little bit of Olivia's birthday video.  She doesn't have the body language of a kid who's excited about her birthday, she seems to have the nervous energy of a child who maybe doesn't want a freaking camera shoved up in her face while blowing out the candles of a cake she might not even get to taste, with a smile plastered on her face because Best Mahmo is screeching at her.  

It must be so exhausting knowing that at any moment, your mother is going to point her phone your way so you'd better be ready to put on a believable performance for her.

Olivia looked miserable. She kept grimacing and rubbing her ponytail. She looked like she wanted to run away and hide in the print shop. 

And the cake was tiny for 20 people! More like for 6 people if that.

• Sad 12
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Bet $20 not one Rodrigues ever donated blood. 

The only way any Rod would donate blood is for their own use which can be done with the Red Cross. But, given how many states the Rods have lived in over the years, I cannot see them ever doing this.  That blood is not moving with you from NY to WV to now Ohio.  

I can't really slag on the Rods not giving blood when the last time I did was 1997.  I threw a false positive for hepatitis and was told by the Red Cross to never donate again, and I complied even though I also lived in 3 different states during over the years.  I know I could have pushed the issue as soon as I moved away, but chose not to.  

• Like 5

Good grief. She made the first half of Olivia's birthday post about miscarriages and all the details. I'm throwing all my money in, that she tells Olivia those stories on every birthday and probably read that post to her as well. Gee, Happy Birthday Olivia.

• Sad 20

A laugh for you all, today in Phillip's chapel service there was again talk about the thesis stuff and the pastor tells them "be sure you are using Grammarly"

I picture Jill's head exploding if she was watching. Imagine anyone thinking her excellent homeschooled, 2nd place grammar testee son needed Grammarly.

• LOL 21

How sad their writing must be that they have to be told to use a grammar checker. In my years as a college tutor, I never once told someone to use any grammar aid. We just went through a paper and went over any errors, discussing why they were wrong. Not that difficult, and the students actually learned something.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

A laugh for you all, today in Phillip's chapel service there was again talk about the thesis stuff and the pastor tells them "be sure you are using Grammarly"

I picture Jill's head exploding if she was watching. Imagine anyone thinking her excellent homeschooled, 2nd place grammar testee son needed Grammarly.

Where do you watch the chapel service?

That's a good one.  Don't learn proper grammar, use Grammarly.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3