Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/24/2019 at 12:40 AM, YupItsMe said:

Nurie looks less done up than usual. And I saw cantaloupe on their plates!

That sliver of cantaloupe doesn't stand a chance against the hot dog on cheap white bread, the chips, and the indistinguishable helping of glop on that plate for Homeschool Day. Must be based on the nutrition curriculum. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That sliver of cantaloupe doesn't stand a chance against the hot dog on cheap white bread, the chips, and the indistinguishable helping of glop on that plate for Homeschool Day. Must be based on the nutrition curriculum. 

The cheap plastic forks don't stand a chance against those slices of cantaloupe. There's a big chunk of that melon on Nurie's plate. I assume she must have found a good knife to cut it smaller and then maybe just picked it up to eat it.

• Love 3

The eyebrows and makeup among the females in the Rodrigues clan are frightening.  Have the daughters not seen any other females with normal looking brows/makeup or must they copy their mother?

3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

They couldn’t spring for real hot dog buns?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From JillR's post it sounds like she expected a large turnout. It seems only relatives showed up. I'm guessing families with children are onto her and can't afford to to show up to her grifterings.

That post definitely had an accusatory tone, didn't it? I agree people have become hip to Jill's ways and avoid her like the plague. I can see her being the type to invite someone and then rattling off a $100 grocery list when they ask if they can bring anything. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

The eyebrows and makeup among the females in the Rodrigues clan are frightening.  Have the daughters not seen any other females with normal looking brows/makeup or must they copy their mother?

I was thinking the same thing!  They probably bought one package of buns for Fat Ass to eat with his 10 hotdogs, and everyone else was stuck eating their hotdogs on sandwich bread.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Nysha said:

Nathan looks enough like the Rodriguez boys that in a line-up I would think he was either a brother or cousin. 

Since sister Amy was there, does that mean one of the men with David is her husband?

I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is Amy's husband, Kevin.  He looks like he's gotten a lot grayer in the past few years, but they've been through a lot.

And yes, Jill sounds just a teeny bit peeved that the attendance at her Homeschool Fest wasn't better.  I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't charging admission for the 'opportunity' to meet her and her chubby hubby and to hear them all sing/wail.  You know she found a way to monetize it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/24/2019 at 9:23 AM, Giant Misfit said:

This photo amazes me:

rclowns.thumb.png.4d83a9caa10eff0db4d1bb07606b8a58.png

These dumpy specimens are the husbands who have no problem telling their wives how to look and how to dress all the while looking themselves like they're either a bunch of unemployed rodeo clowns or bums in search of a railroad car out of town.

It's too bad there's no bible verse to advise them of how to select an accurate inseam length. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣Unemployed rodeo clowns! 🤣

On 8/19/2019 at 11:02 PM, BitterApple said:

He has, yes. I still can't believe Tabitha married that guy. 

Clearly, spinsterhood is a fate worse than death. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Listen to the voices the daughters use when saying “hi” to the camera. They’re so weird! 

I see myself. 

If they stay totally in this world and therefore can remain oblivious to the fact that people laugh at them and call them names -- or are able to maintain the feeling that they're right and everyone else is wrong -- they'll lose 90 percent of whatever potential they may have for living as independent, un-brainwashed individuals. One of them could be born to be president or a Nobel-prize-winning biologist. There's no way to know where the most human potential lies. 

On the other hand, to somehow learn that most people have been laughing at you and calling you weird for years on end without you knowing it -- and to want to leave the life that made you that way -- feels like shit.

And not just when it's happening but after you've fought your way to being less weird (because you'll always be weird).  I don't know that you ever stop feeling like crap when you remember that people laughed at you when you were a weird kid who had no idea how weird you were. And you really can't forget it, as far as I can tell. 

Seeing the Rodrigui makes me sick every time. I don't know which fate I wish for them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Listen to the voices the daughters use when saying “hi” to the camera. They’re so weird! 

A year or so ago Nurie was on video showing some of the jewelry she’d made.  Every time Jill made a positive comment about the pieces, Nurie would say “thanks” in this high-pitched, breathy sort of way.  It was creepy af.  These kids are so damaged; there’s no hope for any of them.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

A year or so ago Nurie was on video showing some of the jewelry she’d made.  Every time Jill made a positive comment about the pieces, Nurie would say “thanks” in this high-pitched, breathy sort of way.  It was creepy af.  These kids are so damaged; there’s no hope for any of them.

Nurie reminds me of a simpering Victorian maiden.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Well, I'm glad everyone's theory on the pillows was the same as mine. 😂

I think Nathan grabbed the pillow to hide a boner, and then Nurie grabbed one too in some bizarre form of solidarity, probably without even wondering why he'd need one. LOL

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What’s with the pillows?

If giggling disturbs you, don’t watch this video.

20 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Nathan is hiding his boner?

18 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That was my first thought.

My dirty mind went a bit further as I thought he had already shot his wad.  I wasn’t headed to the prayer closet, but guess I should. 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • LOL 14
5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Nurie even speaks like Jill.

What kind of shoes is Jill wearing.You can hear her stomping thru the grass

I was about to say, the swish-swish when she was walking reminded me of the noise that gym teachers pants used to make back in the 80s 😂

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Ummm I’m not super familiar with the in-laws, but does Evan Stewart have a younger brother?  Because I found his Instagram and ummm this is an accident just waiting to happen.  Either something really bad can stem from this, or he’ll shoot off his own balls.  

https://instagram.com/tn_tactical?igshid=1c9dkaroqg9ua

He looks like a mass murderer in the making.  They seem to be mostly young, white males obsessed with guns.  I had to click out of his Instagram quickly.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

What the fuck is dry fire and WHY IS HE POINTING A GUN AT HIS DOG

I hate reporting shit but Instagram is getting a message from me for that one 

Yeah I posted before I really started looking at his pics and what a disturbing fuck. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6

Oh and dry fire is where you're firing without ammo, but one of the most basic rules of gun safety is to always assume the firearm is loaded and not, you know, point it at something animate, even if you think it is unloaded. 🤬 What a little creep.

• Love 9
On 8/24/2019 at 7:23 AM, Giant Misfit said:

This photo amazes me:

It's too bad there's no bible verse to advise them of how to select an accurate inseam length. 

Because someone else has to go near their junk and we all know that is not allowed. 

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What’s with the pillows?

Pubic-barrier pillows aside, every time I see a pic of one of these unfortunately-faced fundie boys, I am reminded of this B. Kliban cartoon:

Untitledboy.thumb.jpg.d02b0245eb879604d0ae8b5b0d8cee73.jpg

10 hours ago, Zella said:

Well, I'm glad everyone's theory on the pillows was the same as mine. 😂

Well, the exact placement of Nathan's pillow is a dead giveaway.

But, as you say, Nurie may have no idea. 

9 hours ago, Zella said:

Jesus, has he never heard of a holster? 🙄

Holsters are for liberal wusses,  apparently. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He needs to be reported to Instagram and the FBI. That's some scary shit.

Apparently they don't define anything he does there as 'brandishing' a gun.....That's all you supposedly can't do, and it seems to include pointing one at another human or directly at the camera -- but not much else. 

Maybe he aspires to join others of his faith as "influencers." "Gun influencer" is a big one these days, I guess. 

For an example of a slightly different kind of scary - which is also apparently still A-OK to do -- here's the story of a female "gun influencer" -- 

"A few weeks before the birth of her son, Charissa Littlejohn (388,000 followers) posted a photo of the baby sneakers she would give him when he was born. They were sitting on the ground between her husband’s feet (in a pair of the same shoes) and her own (also classic black Converse).

"It would not be so different from any other Instagram influencer’s prenatal post — down to the tagging of a profile belonging to a baby who could not yet secure his own username but needed one all the same — were it not for the fact that surrounding the soon-to-be-filled kicks was a circle of FN 509 handguns. “Even got one for @babyyygat when he gets here …” Littlejohn wrote, thanking the company with a heart-eyes emoji, to the response of nearly 5,000 likes. Yes, her baby’s Instagram handle is a gun reference too. This is called a consistent brand."

https://www.vox.com/features/2019/6/19/18644129/instagram-gun-influencers-second-amendment-tactical-community

Edited by Churchhoney

My apologies to any of you gun lovers, but I find those posts scary and disgusting.

The Duggars and Bates sell hate and prejudice. Hate + prejudice + weapons = danger, in my mind.

Is the Stewart family uber Fundy?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 24
11 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Ummm I’m not super familiar with the in-laws, but does Evan Stewart have a younger brother?  Because I found his Instagram and ummm this is an accident just waiting to happen.  Either something really bad can stem from this, or he’ll shoot off his own balls.  

https://instagram.com/tn_tactical?igshid=1c9dkaroqg9ua

“He’ll shoot off his own balls.”  Good!  He won’t be able to procreate that way!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

For as much fun of we make of Jill's clan, I'm actually happy that Nurie has found a decent guy her age to marry. At least she won't become Tabby Paine and be forced to marry a rapist because she was starting to age out of the eligible men pool.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

A loaf of white bread is a lot cheaper. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My apologies to any of you gun lovers, but I find those posts scary and disgusting.

The Duggars and Bates sell hate and prejudice. Hate + prejudice + weapons = danger, in my mind.

Is the Stewart family uber Fundy?

As do I. Guns are not toys. They need to be respected and treated as what they are, weapons that can kill. A responsible gun owner knows this. 

• Love 12

From whom did she grift the money to have all three kids' wisdom teeth removed on the same day? Or is she paying the dentist with tracts?

19 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Medicaid probably does cover it.

Not sure if this is allowed and it will be my only rant...... my mother worked hard her whole life. She was a teacher's aid, she made donuts at a local apple orchard, she worked at a bridal shop and she nannied (which was one of the most rewarding things she ever did). Neither of my parents ever took a hand out when they came to this country. They worked and lived on what they made.

Now she has dementia and my late dad (who also worked sometimes 60+ hours a week) and her didn't have enough money or supplemental insurance to pay for the monthly nursing home cost. She receives Medicaid. 

When my dad was alive, he and I were jumping through hoops to get everything they needed to apply. My parents weren't rich by any means, they saved up money to retire and live within a budget. Now with my dad gone, I have to explain why I took out $15000 from their savings. I had to pay his nursing home bill when he had brain cancer and Medicare stopped paying for room and board. I also "own" their home and have to pay property taxes and utilities. The money I took from last year is gone. Yet I live in fear that she is going to be tossed or they will make me repay the money and I don't have it. 

Must be nice to be able bodied and live off the government. They chose to have all those kids! I feel bad for the kids but Jill and David are leeches. And they will probably grow up to be the same way. 

Okay done with that rant. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5