Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Abby and Tabby!  😄 Hope Abby made a better match than her sister. 

Elbow sex, handsex, and side hugs!  Love what these people resort to when they’re not allowed normal forms of affection. 

• Love 3

Abby and Tabby both worked as tutors. We know that Tabby was with the Duggars, but Kelly revealed that Abby was with the Bateses. So, neither mother is doing much, if any, homefooling these days.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I felt forced to look up all the Paine kids' names after learning about Tabby/ Abby, and it turns out they also have a Gabby! (Well, OK, a Gabrielle, who apparently goes by "Brielle"...I wonder if her nickname was her choice as she got older, to avoid the rhyming?)

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I felt forced to look up all the Paine kids' names after learning about Tabby/ Abby, and it turns out they also have a Gabby! (Well, OK, a Gabrielle, who apparently goes by "Brielle"...I wonder if her nickname was her choice as she got older, to avoid the rhyming?)

One assumes that the other girls are Abigail and Tabitha, so there are some options in there to avoid rhyming as well if they cared to. I would personally try to pick names for my kids which didn't lend themselves so easily to making each sound like part of a set, but maybe that's what these families sort of aim for.

• Love 3

I'm afraid I'd be that mom that didn't notice that those names have rhyming nicknames. Tabitha, Gabrielle, and Abigail are perfectly nice names. Tabby, Gabby, and Abby has an even more cult-like feel.

My parents ended with a theme. Three syllables, ends in -a, but none of our shortened names ever rhymed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, McManda said:

I'm afraid I'd be that mom that didn't notice that those names have rhyming nicknames. Tabitha, Gabrielle, and Abigail are perfectly nice names. Tabby, Gabby, and Abby has an even more cult-like feel.

My parents ended with a theme. Three syllables, ends in -a, but none of our shortened names ever rhymed.

They also have a sister named Hannah. Tabitha, Hannah, and Abigail are all biblical names.  Tabitha, as a name, would have stood out in the 80s, but Hannah, Abigail, and Gabrielle were all popular names of the time. 

Hannah, Abby, and Brielle are all married. Brielle got married earlier this year. They seemed to marry guys about their age, and who seem to be nice young men. 

57 minutes ago, Temperance said:

They also have a sister named Hannah. Tabitha, Hannah, and Abigail are all biblical names.  Tabitha, as a name, would have stood out in the 80s, but Hannah, Abigail, and Gabrielle were all popular names of the time  

I’m willing to be that Gabrielle is the odd one out for popular 80s names. 

Regardless, Abby, Tabby, and Gabby is crazy. How did they not think of this?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I’m willing to be that Gabrielle is the odd one out for popular 80s names. 

Regardless, Abby, Tabby, and Gabby is crazy. How did they not think of this?

They have a lot more children with other names. The younger three sisters (Hannah, Abigail, and Gabrielle) were born in the 90s. Gabrielle was in the top 100 in the 1990s. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

And from the one picture of the family together it looks as though Tabby has yet to bare a child/ren.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Hasn't her sex predator husband demonstrated interest in activity that doesn't result in pregnancy?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Hasn't her sex predator husband demonstrated interest in activity that doesn't result in pregnancy?

He has, yes. I still can't believe Tabitha married that guy. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill Rodrigues  has their house listed with an agent now. I guess Facebook Marketplace wasn’t working out.

It's pretty easy to find on Zillow if you have a vague idea of what you're looking for. Still the same price (which is still $5,000 over the (probably inaccurate) Zestimate), but the listing agent made the photos look way better than Jill's.

It just makes me sad that their property taxes last year were apparently $895. I have a 770 square foot condo and my taxes are almost $3,000. 😔

Edited by McManda
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, McManda said:

It's pretty easy to find on Zillow if you have a vague idea of what you're looking for. Still the same price (which is still $5,000 over the (probably inaccurate) Zestimate), but the listing agent made the photos look way better than Jill's.

It just makes me sad that their property taxes last year were apparently $895. I have a 770 square foot condo and my taxes are almost $3,000. 😔

It's crazy how much taxes differ. My in-laws moved from NJ to Delaware after my father-in-law's retirement as there was no way they were going to be able to afford to stay in NJ with its sky-high taxes. They built a nice, 1500 sq ft house which they were able to pay cash for (even though they sold their NJ house to one of their sons at a very reduced price), and had taxes of less than $400/year. Our taxes in CT, for a house maybe twice that size, are close to $9,000.

I'm still unaccountably steamed about the Rods selling their grifted house. I can see them taking their windfall and managing to monumentally waste it while their poor kids never see an extra morsel of food.

• Love 9
On 8/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, riverblue22 said:

About Timothy and his dark eyebrows...I went to elementary school with a girl with very blonde hair and very dark eyebrows.  All of it was natural, no hair dye involved.

I had a friend in HS with naturally blond hair and dark eyebrows. It happens. A few years after graduation, she did dye her hair black. She looked great that way too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

Isn't WV a very poor state? I guess they don't expect their residents can pay much for taxes

Yes, it is indeed very poor, with many poorly-educated residents who are meth/opiate-addicted.

Curiouser and curiouser. That home has three full bathrooms. And the bedroom spaces are not terribly small. There is also enough dining room space to have two tables. Don't get me wrong it's ugly AF, but where in the world are they going to find that much space for that little amount of money?

And the print shop takes up a lot of space.

Somethings up.

• Love 6

This photo amazes me:

rclowns.thumb.png.4d83a9caa10eff0db4d1bb07606b8a58.png

These dumpy specimens are the husbands who have no problem telling their wives how to look and how to dress all the while looking themselves like they're either a bunch of unemployed rodeo clowns or bums in search of a railroad car out of town.

It's too bad there's no bible verse to advise them of how to select an accurate inseam length. 

59 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This photo amazes me:

These dumpy specimens are the husbands who have no problem telling their wives how to look and how to dress all the while looking themselves like they're either a bunch of unemployed rodeo clowns or bums in search of a railroad car out of town.

It's too bad there's no bible verse to advise them of how to select an accurate inseam length. 

I don't understand how no fundy man or woman can get the inseam right, but they can figure out the waist measurement. David looks like he needs to get his pants in the big and tall department where most stores only stock pants for big and short guys, or tall and lanky men.  I know this because I have an older brother who is big and tall.  He has a hard time finding pants because of this.  

• Love 2

Oh. I just noticed that Jill R has a paltry 3100 IG followers. Pretty sad for someone who's worked so relentlessly to be an online presence grifter for Jesus. She must have blogged, what, a million randomly capitalized words and exclamation points by now?

• LOL 13
5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

This photo amazes me:

Next to David the other 2 practically can win the beauty contest. 

• LOL 14

Nathan looks enough like the Rodriguez boys that in a line-up I would think he was either a brother or cousin. 

Since sister Amy was there, does that mean one of the men with David is her husband?

From JillR's post it sounds like she expected a large turnout. It seems only relatives showed up. I'm guessing families with children are onto her and can't afford to to show up to her grifterings.

• Love 8