Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill is so desperately trying to make herself the cool mom. It hurts 

Who is the dark haired Rod boy?

This might be the best look we've seen of the Rod kids. Which isn't saying much, but it's something.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

There's a Facebook group called 'That's it, I'm Wedding Shaming' which posts all sort of egregious and often funny stuff that happens at weddings.  JRod and family made it with a post about the recent wedding they attended where Nurie was a bridesmaid and wore a pink lace dress.  Apparently, Jill took pictures of Nurie and the bride and posted them all over the place well before the wedding, before the bride herself had posted photos of her gown.  She eventually took them down for a while, probably because someone saw them and told her she was a selfish hag with no manners.

Then, at the wedding, Jill and hubs and the 12 other kids sat in the front pew, even though they were not related to either the bride or groom and Jill live posted parts of the service from her phone without permission.

And. as we all suspected, Jill found Nurie's bridemaid dress to be too revealing because of the sheer pink fabric above her bust and forced her to wear a Tshirt underneath which looked stupid.

Oooooh, sounds amazing!  I’m joining!

how does a small church buy matching patriotic outfits for a family of 15 and pay for manicures??

• Love 12
Just now, awaken said:

how does a small church buy matching patriotic outfits for a family of 15 and pay for manicures??

I wondered the same. The "church" has folding chairs, for crying out loud. 

I think I'll also join that FB group. Sounds like great snark.

This is not a drill! Ellie Maxwell (the dog) had surgery today. I've been busy and not as involved with fundies lately (especially as it's so depressing).  In case people don't remember, Ellie is Sarah's golden retreiver. She was supposed to be pregnant, but instead caught an infection. She was spayed instead. 

I love dogs and Ellie Maxwell is no exception. I could never wish harm on an innocent animal and Ellie seems like a good dog who puts up with her family's craziness. 

Anyway Ellie is back with her family and hopefully will have a speedy recovery. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Poor Ellie! Since Poor Sarah will never divulge what really happened, I'm just glad Ellie got to a vet and that the Maxwells will never profit from her. She's now just a very expensive house pet. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Autocorrect strikes again
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Poor Ellie! Since Poor Sarah will never divulge what really happened, I'm just glad Ellie got to a vet and that the Maxwells will never profit from her. She's now just a very expensive house pet. 

Probably pyometra. 

I'm happy that Sarah has something that is hers alone, that the dog is apparently well-cared for except not having been spayed a long time ago, and that no Maxwell will benefit financially from Ellie. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wondered the same. The "church" has folding chairs, for crying out loud. 

I think I'll also join that FB group. Sounds like great snark.

It's excellent junk food for the brain!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill posted many pictures of the kids on instagram. Her sons are not cute at all. Off to the prayer closet. 

Their countenance was not blessed with pleasing attributes were they?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, awaken said:

I'm guessing maybe some of the church ladies looked at those poor joy-deprived, emaciated kids and pooled their money to try and give them a treat? I'm wondering why Jill matches the girls but David doesn't match the boys.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

I'm guessing maybe some of the church ladies looked at those poor joy-deprived, emaciated kids and pooled their money to try and give them a treat? I'm wondering why Jill matches the girls but David doesn't match the boys.

Well, any outfit for David would have to accommodate his giant belly. The boys don't have guts, so they couldn't match him. The boys are probably concave. 

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

Exactly what I thought. The Rods are the church's charity project for the month, and Jill is wither too delusional to realize that or she's well aware and is putting a positive spin on it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Exactly what I thought. The Rods are the church's charity project for the month, and Jill is wither too delusional to realize that or she's well aware and is putting a positive spin on it. 

I personally have a hard time believing Jill Rodrigues is aware of anything besides her current level of hair, makeup, and costume jewelry supplies. You know the old-school screen on your television when you don't get reception? I think that's what Jill's thoughts are like. Also her idiot husband's. 

• Love 15

David still has his gut. I was wrong to hope for a weight loss. 

Sofia doesn't look well. She is always gaunt and sallow. 

Those gray sacks over the striped shirts are awful. Yikes. Circus clown costumes. 

Front and center in Jill's post is how much food the Rods got while they were there. "We always leave with our cups overflowing!" Does the RV of grifters have a regular circuit or do they hit the road when the pantry starts to get low?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/11/2019 at 10:55 PM, awaken said:

I'm thinking/hoping maybe a member of the congregation owns a nail shop and offered to do the little girl's nails for cheap - no gel, no tips, etc just a polish change. Half hour and one bottle of polish total cost.

As for the coordinated outfits, they look extremely cheap. Walmart or maybe 5Below (I don't know if 5Below is a national chain or not but as the name suggests, every item in the store costs less than $5).

Regardless, its still a generous gift from a small congregation and far more than I would ever give Jill R.

• Love 11

Jill R is a narcissist to the moon and back! The girls don't even get a picture by themselves. MAMA is in every shot.  Yikes the girls are skinny and the horrid makeup.

The boys at least get pictures without MAMA.  Does it mean MAMA doesn't love them as much?

• Love 5
On 7/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, farmgal4 said:

Believe it or not, Jill looks much, much better and about 10 years younger without the makeup and teased/curled hair.  It’s actually amazing how much better she looks.

Yep..she goes look younger without all the goopy makeup and hairspray.

pixlr.jpg

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Yep..she goes look younger without all the goopy makeup and hairspray.

pixlr.jpg

I am a year younger than Jill, and probably apply more makeup my face than she does, and I don't look that bad.  It's not about how much you wear, but using the right products and apply with a light hand.   I know I always bring this up, but blondes with light eyes cannot wear black eyeliner caked on all around.   Eyeliner comes in almost every color under the sun now, and at all price points.  Eve in Jill's heyday, brown was the in color and not black, or at least what should have been.

• Love 12
(edited)

Wow, Jill is pretty without all that hideous slap on, and reminds me of Elisabeth Moss.  I realize the "no-makeup" picture may involve a filter, but she looks decades younger.

Run, Nurie, run!!

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am a year younger than Jill, and probably apply more makeup my face than she does, and I don't look that bad.  It's not about how much you wear, but using the right products and apply with a light hand.   I know I always bring this up, but blondes with light eyes cannot wear black eyeliner caked on all around.   Eyeliner comes in almost every color under the sun now, and at all price points.  Eve in Jill's heyday, brown was the in color and not black, or at least what should have been.

In the video, Jill makes it very clear that she uses GREEN eye liner.

• LOL 3
(edited)

I'm not going to lie and say I don't watch beauty gurus or that most of my makeup application techniques don't come from YouTube, but Jill's video ... is unique.

I'm having a hard time believing Jill ever had a cosmetology license. Her first step is eyeliner, then mascara, then she contours with blush (... which ... my face is already pink. The thought of adding more red is horrifying), then she goes back to eyeshadow, and then she finishes with a powder foundation. I don't understand. All of that goes against literally everything I've watched anywhere else. 

We're not even going to talk about rimming your entire eye with thick green eyeliner. 

But what caught me the most off guard: have I been pronouncing Nurie wrong? I assumed it was one syllable with the emphasis on the first part, Nur-ee. Kinda rhymes with blurry. But Jill made it two syllables with the emphasis on the second syllable, New-ree. Kinda sounds like Marie.

Edited by McManda
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, queenanne said:

Wow, Jill is pretty without all that hideous slap on, and reminds me of Elisabeth Moss.  I realize the "no-makeup" picture may involve a filter, but she looks decades younger.

Run, Nurie, run!!

It’s definitely not a filter.  She was doing the video and had just gotten out of the shower so she could show us heathens how to look like a Christian, start to finish. 😏

3 hours ago, McManda said:

I'm not going to lie and say I don't watch beauty gurus or that most of my makeup application techniques don't come from YouTube, but Jill's video ... is unique.

I'm having a hard time believing Jill EV get had a cosmetology license. Her first step is, eyeliner, then mascara, then she contours with blush (... which ... my face is already pink. The thought of adding more red is horrifying), then she goes back to eyeshadow, and then she finishes with a powder foundation. I don't understand. All of that goes against literally everything I've watched anywhere else. 

We're not even going to talk about rimming your entire eye with thick green eyeliner. 

But what caught me the most off guard: have I been pronouncing Nurie wrong? I assumed it was one syllable with the emphasis on the first part, Nur-ee. Kinda rhymes with blurry. But Jill made it two syllables with the emphasis on the second syllable, New-ree. Kinda sounds like Marie.

I was mispronouncing it too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, McManda said:

See, now I was thinking one pronounced it like the announcers pronounce Michael Nouri, which is evenly weighted syllable stressors/as in, "nourishing", but I guess the namer would know... or would she?  We've all seen her capitalization skills...  

I just watched of a couple of JRod spoofs on YouTube.  They are by a woman called Selfish Mitch.  One is a makeup video and another is a courtship announcement video.  They are worth a look.  They cracked me up.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, toodles said:

I just watched of a couple of JRod spoofs on YouTube.  They are by a woman called Selfish Mitch.  One is a makeup video and another is a courtship announcement video.  They are worth a look.  They cracked me up.

Omg thank you! That’s hilarious!

lol: a bunch of not - Nuries 

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, toodles said:

They are by a woman called Selfish Mitch.  One is a makeup video and another is a courtship announcement video.  They are worth a look.  They cracked me up.

Thanks for the rec! Her videos were great. 

I did find this gem of an "inspirational speech" from Jill after watching the Selfish Mitch vids. My favorite was how she retold the story of, basically, how she and Shrek were run out of some ministry in New York where she had this nameless "great friend." At some point later, Jill gets a call that Nameless Great Friend from this church had unexpectedly died of a sudden heart attack. But then she says that Nameless Great Friend's "dying wish" was for her and her grifter family to sing and play music at her funeral—which is odd because, you know, when you drop dead from a sudden heart attack, there generally isn't a lot of time as you're falling to the ground to yell, "My dying wish is for the Rodrigues family to show up at my funeral and sing songs...don't let me down for I am dead now!") So, the Rods "cancel meetings" and hightail it back to the place where no one wanted them to begin with because God told them to. Anyhow, then Jill says she "shows up early" so that it's only she and the Nameless Great Now-Dead Friend in the church to "set up," which, again...odd considering there's usually a funeral procession and they don't just leave a dead body in a church unattended for random strangers to gawk and steal the jewelry. After her "teary" goodbye, Jill gets confronted by "someone she doesn't even know" who tells her to take herself and her creepy family out of there immediately as they would NOT be playing at this woman's funeral. Somehow she thinks this story will be inspirational to the sods sitting there. There are also balloons and blankets. 

(edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 12:15 AM, Fosca said:

Dear god--it's a bobble-head doll wearing the fabric from my grandma's couch.  Poor kid.

Poor Counselor Troi. They really don’t feed her, do they?

On 7/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, ginger90 said:
Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Her first step is, eyeliner, then mascara, then she contours with blush (... which ... my face is already pink. The thought of adding more red is horrifying), then she goes back to eyeshadow, and then she finishes with a powder foundation. I don't understand. All of that goes against literally everything I've watched anywhere else. 

Does she punch herself in the face twice? For the two black eyes?

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Thanks for the rec! Her videos were great. 

I did find this gem of an "inspirational speech" from Jill after watching the Selfish Mitch vids. My favorite was how she retold the story of, basically, how she and Shrek were run out of some ministry in New York where she had this nameless "great friend." At some point later, Jill gets a call that Nameless Great Friend from this church had unexpectedly died of a sudden heart attack. But then she says that Nameless Great Friend's "dying wish" was for her and her grifter family to sing and play music at her funeral—which is odd because, you know, when you drop dead from a sudden heart attack, there generally isn't a lot of time as you're falling to the ground to yell, "My dying wish is for the Rodrigues family to show up at my funeral and sing songs...don't let me down for I am dead now!") So, the Rods "cancel meetings" and hightail it back to the place where no one wanted them to begin with because God told them to. Anyhow, then Jill says she "shows up early" so that it's only she and the Nameless Great Now-Dead Friend in the church to "set up," which, again...odd considering there's usually a funeral procession and they don't just leave a dead body in a church unattended for random strangers to gawk and steal the jewelry. After her "teary" goodbye, Jill gets confronted by "someone she doesn't even know" who tells her to take herself and her creepy family out of there immediately as they would NOT be playing at this woman's funeral. Somehow she thinks this story will be inspirational to the sods sitting there. There are also balloons and blankets. 

Shocked and amazed that she dragged poor severely quadriplegic Amy Foster into the sermon not 2 minutes in.  Not to mention, what in holy he** is Jill wearing?  She looks even worse than usual.  Truly a pink nightmare.

As for the story of how Jill was prevented from crashing a funeral and dominating the service at a church where she and her ugly hubby had apparently behaved like asses, I have no words.  Sure, it was her friend's dying wish, her husband specifically requested that they sing at the funeral but the evil church leadership wouldn't allow it. Vindicated in their decision to not only leave the church, but to leave the state, of course.  I also don't believe for a minute that Jill just stood there and took verbal abuse without responding.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Shocked and amazed that she dragged poor severely quadriplegic Amy Foster into the sermon not 2 minutes in.  Not to mention, what in holy he** is Jill wearing?  She looks even worse than usual.  Truly a pink nightmare.

As for the story of how Jill was prevented from crashing a funeral and dominating the service at a church where she and her ugly hubby had apparently behaved like asses, I have no words.  Sure, it was her friend's dying wish, her husband specifically requested that they sing at the funeral but the evil church leadership wouldn't allow it. Vindicated in their decision to not only leave the church, but to leave the state, of course.  I also don't believe for a minute that Jill just stood there and took verbal abuse without responding.

JillR really has no concept of boundaries.  

• Love 7
On 7/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, Temperance said:

This is not a drill! Ellie Maxwell (the dog) had surgery today. I've been busy and not as involved with fundies lately (especially as it's so depressing).  In case people don't remember, Ellie is Sarah's golden retreiver. She was supposed to be pregnant, but instead caught an infection. She was spayed instead. 

I love dogs and Ellie Maxwell is no exception. I could never wish harm on an innocent animal and Ellie seems like a good dog who puts up with her family's craziness. 

Anyway Ellie is back with her family and hopefully will have a speedy recovery. 

Steve will probably take Ellie back to the vet in a couple years and demand that they reinstall her uterus. Because Jesus.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Steve will probably take Ellie back to the vet in a couple years and demand that they reinstall her uterus. Because Jesus.

Hey!  Cleveland Clinic just had their first live birth after transplanting a uterus from a dead donor.  If they can do people, they can do dogs!

I'm surprised they didn't just have Ellie put to sleep.  After all, a female who can't reproduce is worthless in their world.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Jill is the worst speaker.  I was bored before she even got to the subject of her sister.  Jill gets a lot of mileage out of her sister's accident.  

As for the dear, dead friend.  Jill and family probably just showed up without asking or checking to see if they could be on the program for the funeral.  Most funerals are planned pretty carefully.  Somehow I don't believe that the Rodrigues family originally left the congregation on good terms.

When I was a child groups and families like Jill R's would visit our church.  They would sing and testify then the church ladies would make them lunch.  My favorite part was hanging out in the kitchen, hearing what my mother and other ladies would say about them.  It wasn't very kind.  As a kid I loved the kitchen gossip! The visitors would come into the kitchen  and say thank you.  Never once did any of them pick up a dish towel. 

Edited by beagletime
spelling and forgot something
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Props to you for making it through the entire 45 minute video of JRod craziness.  She always likes to talk about poor Amy Foster.  I would give a decent sum of money to know what she and Uncle Fester did to get run out of the church the first time.  I had one burning question throughout the 5 minutes of the video that I forced myself to sit through:  How did she manage to find a scarf AND earrings in the exact same shade of fluorescent pink? 🤔

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Props to you for making it through the entire 45 minute video of JRod craziness.  She always likes to talk about poor Amy Foster.  I would give a decent sum of money to know what she and Uncle Fester did to get run out of the church the first time.  I had one burning question throughout the 5 minutes of the video that I forced myself to sit through:  How did she manage to find a scarf AND earrings in the exact same shade of fluorescent pink? 🤔

From her circa 1990 Claire’s stash. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

How exactly is the Nurie/Nathan courtship working?  Is Nurie staying in Florida with the Kellers?  I sort of expected almost daily updates, and it seems that Jill has been quiet for a while (for her anyway) on the matter.

• Love 2