Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Look me bought you necklace,me bought you flowers,me was nice to you, now you be wife. I’m imagining a cave man saying. 

Based on his note. That’s exactly his level of education and intelligence. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I'm going to hell for this, but Nurie (who I agree would be prettier sans clown makeup) has the crooked smile of a stroke victim.  As long as Nathan (who I know nothing about) treats her decent, I'm happy for her, and hope against hope her mom leaves them alone.....but I have my doubts.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I'm going to hell for this, but Nurie (who I agree would be prettier sans clown makeup) has the crooked smile of a stroke victim.  As long as Nathan (who I know nothing about) treats her decent, I'm happy for her, and hope against hope her mom leaves them alone.....but I have my doubts.

Nurie and Nathan's only hope of being left alone is that other Rodrigues spawn will marry and one or two may marry well. Jill will naturally gravitate to the couple with the most income.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s explanation of “dating” is what makes me see red. Why can’t she first, STFU? And, why does she have to put other people down in the process.

Oh, and of course it’s only for opposite sex couples, as if same sex couples don’t exist. Can’t stand it!

Another post.......

Lunatic doesn’t even begin to describe JRod.  Her level of insanity is off the charts.  Those poor, pitiful children...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jennblevins said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but if that happens, I hope Nathan (and/or Mr. Keller) pull out the “Hello, patriarchy” bit after the wedding and tell her that Nurie’s “preferences” regarding the gifts don’t matter, because the devil put them in her head, and she has to do what her husband says.  I’d love to hear Jill’s response to that. 

I get the feeling that Pa Keller would definitely speak up where gifts/money are involved.  I see him as completely self serving.  He just isn't as bad as our Jilly.  Of course, thank goddess, no one is.

• Love 8

It's scary to think of getting married for life to a person you don't really know.  I know that still goes on in parts of the world, but I could never do it.  I hope she's happy, but if she's not, she'll be far from everything she knows.  😞

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill will naturally gravitate to the couple with the most income.

True, but I think a lot will hinge on how much access Nurie's marriage will give Jill to the Duggar clan. I think right now she's dazzled by the prospect of Nurie becoming Anna Duggar's sister-in-law. She imagines Nurie becoming BFFs with Anna, Jessa, Jill, Jana, etc. and using that to work her own way into the Duggars' inner circle. She doesn't realize that Anna probably has no interest in taking Nathan's new bride under her wing (for all we know Anna and Nathan may not see each other more than once or twice a year). She also doesn't realize that the Duggars seem to barely tolerate Anna and have no use for her family (except for Priscilla Waller, whom they embrace because her husband is a IBLP big shot). 

• Love 12

Is there a chance that Jill Rod has become disapproving of the Duggars though - with some of the married daughters wearing pants and Josh’s sins? I suppose she’d still be enamored of JBoob and MEchelle, and she’ll pray for the “fallen Duggars”

• Useful 1

I think Jill is dreaming of hooking one of the Duggar boys now that she has an in.  I'm sure she's sorry Nurie couldn't make that jump, but if she helps get them there, it's all good. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

Is there a chance that Jill Rod has become disapproving of the Duggars though - with some of the married daughters wearing pants and Josh’s sins? I suppose she’d still be enamored of JBoob and MEchelle, and she’ll pray for the “fallen Duggars”

Could be, but doubtful. Look at the cluster fuck that are Anna's siblings. She proudly listed all of them. She probably thinks Nurie marrying into the family will help it change for the better somehow. JMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I expect that JRod's opinion of Josh is that he repented so it is all good.  And, besides, it is never the guy's fault if he strays.  His sisters led him into temptation and then Anna wasn't a godly enough wife.  Since the Duggars acknowledge those truths, she is fine with it.

As far as the pants wearing, we know she looks down her nose at it.  But, if the Duggar girls can lead to TV opportunities for Jill and the rest of the gang, she'll overlook it.  Jill's own self-interest trumps any moral position she might take.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11

If that dress is still around, Nurie should give one of her younger sisters a glass of grape juice to spill on it.  

May the moths have had a feast.  They don't eat polyester though do they?  Grape juice or mildew it is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The story I read on FJ is that Nurie got her dress when she was 13. I shudder to think what Nurie Jill picked out for her back then.

I'm sure it's some late 80's atrocity to match her mama's taste.

• Love 5
On 7/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, Zella said:

I'm ashamed to say this, but I can't wait for this wedding (if the courtship progresses to that). It would be like the clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks of fundie weddings. I would actually tune in to it. 

I cannot wait to see the registry! 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I'm hoping for a livestream. TFDW can make it happen!

Only if they figure out how to monetize/grift it! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Well at least Nurie got a necklace this time. Last courtship she got gum! 

It was purple gum Nuri favorite color!

Watch Jill take the necklace for herself! Jill will claim that Nuri wanted MAMA to have it.

• Love 3

I know someone on here was questioning whether or not Nathan could support a family with a lawncare company.   In my neighborhood in NC every other house uses someone to do their yard work.   And most houses have their own lawn guy.  I see them almost year round here.  In Florida,  Nathan should be able to work during their almost nonexistent winters.  It's not a bad business for someone who barely has a high school diploma if he has a steady client base.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know someone on here was questioning whether or not Nathan could support a family with a lawncare company.   In my neighborhood in NC every other house uses someone to do their yard work.   And most houses have their own lawn guy.  I see them almost year round here.  In Florida,  Nathan should be able to work during their almost nonexistent winters.  It's not a bad business for someone who barely has a high school diploma if he has a steady client base.  

If they don't have kids by the dozens, they'll do fine. However, raising an army of soldiers for God is expensive, especially if you feed them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I actually think Nathan is not bad looking, and they make a cute pair (after Nurie washes her face).  I hope this works out for them.

In the picture of Tim flying, he appears to have had a couple of dinners.  I think his face has filled out by a few ounces.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I actually think Nathan is not bad looking, and they make a cute pair (after Nurie washes her face).  I hope this works out for them.

In the picture of Tim flying, he appears to have had a couple of dinners.  I think his face has filled out by a few ounces.

Tim has spent almost a year away from his mother whispering in his ear that he should fast for Jesus while pregnant Jill or David eats his portion.  I hope he doesn't suffer any guilt over this and he continues to eat enough nutritious calories regularly.  

• Love 14
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Tim has spent almost a year away from his mother whispering in his ear that he should fast for Jesus while pregnant Jill or David eats his portion.  I hope he doesn't suffer any guilt over this and he continues to eat enough nutritious calories regularly.  

Agreed. He looks much better than he did before he left home. I'm hoping that Nurie is able to eat more regularly once she's married and out of that house of horrors. I think she'd be a pretty girl if she were a normal weight and scraped off the clown hooker makeup.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I just really really hope that this means Nurie gets to eat more regularly and without guilt.

There’s speculation on Reddit that Nurie may have an eating disorder, thanks to Jill/Plexus/fasting.  Apparently Jill has told her girls how important it is to stay thin, so they’ll be attractive enough to find a husband.  I despise that woman more and more with each passing day.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I just really really hope that this means Nurie gets to eat more regularly and without guilt.

Indeed. I think Jill Duggar has some weird food issues--still cannot get over the hiding in the bathroom to eat story--and some of the other Duggar kids also seem to have some food-related hangups from their childhood. But compared to the Rod kids, the Duggars had a freaking normal childhood, so I can't even imagine what sort of psychological complex those kids have about food. 😞

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Indeed. I think Jill Duggar has some weird food issues--still cannot get over the hiding in the bathroom to eat story--and some of the other Duggar kids also seem to have some food-related hangups from their childhood. But compared to the Rod kids, the Duggars had a freaking normal childhood, so I can't even imagine what sort of psychological complex those kids have about food. 😞

It’s not hard to tell who’s eating food and who’s not in that home.  If there were only a couple or 3 underweight kids, there might be a reasonable explanation for it, but every last one of those kids look like they live on bread crumbs and water.  I saw a picture somewhere of a couple of the girls sitting at their dining table eating, and one of them had a bowl of Ramen noodles.  I’m pretty certain that those children eat A LOT of those.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It’s not hard to tell who’s eating food and who’s not in that home.  If there were only a couple or 3 underweight kids, there might be a reasonable explanation for it, but every last one of those kids look like they live on bread crumbs and water.  I saw a picture somewhere of a couple of the girls sitting at their dining table eating, and one of them had a bowl of Ramen noodles.  I’m pretty certain that those children eat A LOT of those.

We know the one person who eats his fill on a regular basis in that family, David, and Jill doesn't go without when she is pregnant.   I assume the kids get whatever else is left however it gets divided out.  I do think Nurie and Tim and maybe Kaylee choose to fast if they see their younger siblings still hungry.   Which is bullshit.  I cannot wrap my head around people who continue to reproduce when they cannot afford to feed their kids.  Even worse is the fact that neither parent is willing to sacrifice for their kids.  

I will also say that I don't think the meals in the Rodriguez house are very nutritious.  It is probably a lot of cheap filler foods with little to no fresh vegetables or lean protein. 

• Love 14

So, whose courtship is it.....Nurie's or Jill's? This lady has some nerve posting every detail of HER DAUGHTER'S  courtship for the world to see. 

Sorry, but this guy's eyes are dead even when he tries to smile. JillR's dress code won't cut it in Florida. It has been HOT here, 97degrees yesterday. What will Nurie do? Those maxi denim skirts will be oppressive most of the year down here.

• Love 11

Everyone of the courtship pictures are so overly posed. JillR saying do this - snap, do that - snap. Everything in their lives is a frigging script. No independent thoughts and no independent poses. How suffocating. 

How scary to be thrown into the adult world and navigating it with 4 or 5 scripts to pull from. One can only hope their ignorance keeps them in a state of blind bliss.

• Love 18
On 7/2/2019 at 9:41 PM, Zella said:

Has Anna posted any acknowledgement of her brother's new season of life?

I bet she's furious about this engagement. 

17 hours ago, Normades said:

I get the feeling that Pa Keller would definitely speak up where gifts/money are involved.  I see him as completely self serving.  He just isn't as bad as our Jilly.  Of course, thank goddess, no one is.

Back when Rebekah was with her first husband and they were moving from fundamentalism to conservative Christianity, he said that Rebekah was still in good standing with her parents because she was following her husband's lead. Meanwhile, at the same time the Kellers were barely speaking to their eldest son--who'd defected--because as a man he was responsible for keeping the faith. 

I expect Pa Keller to put major pressure on Nathan to keep the Rods in check. 

10 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Considering all the fasting-as-prayer she does, she probably has an eating disorder and won't be increasing her food intake voluntarily any time soon. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

So, whose courtship is it.....Nurie's or Jill's? This lady has some nerve posting every detail of HER DAUGHTER'S  courtship for the world to see. 

Sorry, but this guy's eyes are dead even when he tries to smile. JillR's dress code won't cut it in Florida. It has been HOT here, 97degrees yesterday. What will Nurie do? Those maxi denim skirts will be oppressive most of the year down here.

Doesn't the lovely Mrs. Keller wear those denim skirts?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t remember if I posted these.

10 pictures:

I don’t remember how old Nathan is, but they both just look so old. They look like they’re closer to 40 instead of closer to 20 (and this is coming from someone who is in their early 40s). 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I don’t remember how old Nathan is, but they both just look so old. They look like they’re closer to 40 instead of closer to 20

Being raised in grinding poverty will do that to you. Nurie, especially has been so under-nourished and over-worked all her life and looks so skeletal that I wonder if she'll even be able to conceive and deliver all those "blessings" she'll be expected to produce. I hope that she gets a few years of rest, nourishing food and a chance to build up her strength before she tries to get pregnant. Fat chance, I know. Jill will probably have the poor girl peeing on a stick the morning after the wedding.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I don’t remember how old Nathan is, but they both just look so old. They look like they’re closer to 40 instead of closer to 20 (and this is coming from someone who is in their early 40s). 

Nathan will be (or already is) 23. It's 4 years between Anna and Suze, then another 4 to Nathan. Ma Keller had several miscarriages as she approached 40. But other than those two gaps, she consistently had a baby every other year, much like Anna.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I would love it if once they were married, Nurie cut her hair, stopped wearing all the make up, she and Nathan put on jeans or shorts and tee shirts and left all the fundie stuff behind.  And lived happy lives without all the crazy restrictions.  I keep hoping that is their secret plan, that once they can be alone, they make a beeline out of Fundie Land.

Edited by Tigregirl
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I would love it if once they were married, Nurie cut her hair, stopped wearing all the make up, she and Nathan put on jeans or shorts and tee shirts and left all the fundie stuff behind.  And live happy lives without all the crazy restrictions.  I keep hoping that is their secret plan, that once they can be alone, they make a beeline out of Fundie Land.

Won't happen. Both of those kids are deeply steeped in the cult kook aid. Their parents made damn sure these kids wouldn't make a run for it before allowing this courtship. 😞

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Won't happen. Both of those kids are deeply steeped in the cult kook aid. Their parents made damn sure these kids wouldn't make a run for it before allowing this courtship. 😞

I know - a girl can dream though, right?  

I’ve actually had different dreams where both Jinger and Nurie were asking for help getting them out and I was working on their escape plans.

Poor Nurie and Nathan - Jill’s not going to give them a moment’s peace.

• Love 1

It might be optimism talking, but they look more comfortable together in some of those pictures than Si and Lauren (poor kids). I particularly thought the goofy photos showed some camraderie and fun between them.  

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It might be optimism talking, but they look more comfortable together in some of those pictures than Si and Lauren (poor kids). I particularly thought the goofy photos showed some camraderie and fun between them.  

They do look very giddy, though awkward. 

• Love 6