Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill TOTALLY wrote that.

The homework at her SOTDRT was probably to write an essay to “mama” for Mother’s Day with the winner getting an extra chicken leg. And Jill made suggestions on what to write.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kbo said:

I had to go look and see how old Renée is—she’s not quite 17.  Does Jill seriously expect people to believe a 16-year old wrote that?!?  If she actually has a kid that talks that way, it would make me even sadder for the kids. But I’m not buying it, unless she teaches lessons on random capitalization at the SOTDRT. 

I can believe Renee wrote it, because I think these kids don't really know any other way to express themselves other than parroting what Jill tells them day in and day out. 

As for the random capitals, I can imagine that Jill's blog posts are probably in heavy rotation as far as reading material. That style is second nature to them.

• Love 9

Actually Jill, the smiling faces are called emojis, and they are coming from the Unicode Standard.  It has nothing to do with Jesus or some dude(ette) high on pot chilling out at Samsung or Apple just randomly picking them out.

I know very little about the Anderson family, but there's a special place in hell for that husband/father.  He is disgusting and should not be a parent to his kids.  They're probably just tax write-offs anyway, but he doesn't deserve them🤬.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

OMG!! That photo of the perfect son scared the hell out of me!

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

63B08F37-4640-40E6-8D4F-F3ECF9C8DF73.jpeg

I'm totally confused about the picture & message.

😊 (for Jill)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm totally confused about the picture & message.

😊 (for Jill)

This is purely a guess...

The Rod-son was doing a FB Live and his watchers were clicking on the 'ha-ha' emoji. Jill responded saying the folks who clicked the ha-ha emoji are haters.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Rod-son was doing a FB Live and his watchers were clicking on the 'ha-ha' emoji. Jill responded saying the folks who clicked the ha-ha emoji are haters.

Haters of God, Jesus, and the Rodriguii--the holy trinity--no less. These people think highly of themselves. 

Yes. We need a barf emoji. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you.  I couldn't figure out what was going on with him.  It looks like he is screaming on a roller coaster  (i know he's not)or is surprised about something (ala Jill Dullard) from his facial expression. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Thank you.  I couldn't figure out what was going on with him.  It looks like he is screaming on a roller coaster  (i know he's not)or is surprised about something (ala Jill Dullard) from his facial expression. 

He's singing. That's a still from a video he made. It was posted a ways back.

He said he had had a difficult day and wanted to sing some encouraging songs to make himself feel better and to share the songs, which he loves, on a video. If for some reason I wanted to have my heart broken nonstop, I'd string that video together with everything else I've ever seen of the Rodriguez kids. Their innocence, the view of the world they've been given, how they're treated and where they'll likely end up kills me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
(edited)

At least with all the purple prose, the Duggarlings' odes to Meechelle talk about being a mom (however much we raise our eyebrows at 'protecting'). If you take away the floweriness from Renee's tribute, all you're left with is a woman who God-bothers all day, every day. Is there anything there about being kind, compassionate and loving to her children, ya' know, all 13 of them. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 8

Ugh, the Rodders and the never ending saga of those poor starving children. It pissed me off so much I can hardly bear reading their shite.

How much of the Go to Fund Me grift went to Jill for cheap perfume, dates and sweets?

31 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nike!  The woman baring shoulders with Guinn - who is she?  Surely she can't be Guinn's mother!

I assume it’s the groom’s mother. This is not stated as fact by me! 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yikes, mother of the groom needs a serious rethinking of the undergarments!!  😬

is jessica the cop? 

Did Jessa post about being at the wedding?  I didn’t see it. 

Yes, Jessica's the cop. I'm pretty sure her husband is one as well. 

As for Jessa not posting, I wonder if they sat this one out. It's an 8 hour round trip, and she's due to whelp in early June (I think due date is the 6th). We noticed her swollen legs a couple of weeks ago; maybe a real midwife stepped in and told her no go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Just putting my oar in before i get soaked on my way to work, ive seen photos with jessa being a bridesmaid with jessica. Might have been on reddit or fj

Wow, so TLC is going to show it. ... I guess now that they're running out of Duggarling-bride weddings, they're going to Duggarling-bridesmaid weddings. I wonder what the audience numbers will be for those. How curious are people about the in-laws that are hardly ever seen and even more seldom spoken of? 

Aaaa. Who am I kidding? This show will be pulling a million viewers for decades yet. It's on autopilot. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Aaaa. Who am I kidding? This show will be pulling a million viewers for decades yet. It's on autopilot. 

I think so too. JB and MEchelle will complete their comeback to on-screen stahs, and we might even see Smugs again, although I'm sure Derick and his helpmeet are permanently off the show. There will be a VSE for Josie's wedding, eventually JB and MEchelle will figure out how (and get it legally cleared) to capitalize on their having taken in Tyler, and when the number of Duggar grandkids hits some milestone number (20? 25?) there will be a lot of episodes celebrating that. ETA: Oh, and don't forget Jeremy and Jinger who will have new adventures footage in their new home in LA.

Okay, let's hope they don't get to make money off of Tyler. But, unless the show doesn't generate enough ad revenue for TLC, it's obviously a staple in their lineup. 

Yep. The large family with extreme fundamentalist/separatist religious beliefs, who became TV stars for their "wholesome, modest family values," concealed for years that their oldest son as a teenager molested five tiny girls, including four of his sisters - and they continue to reign as TV stars as a wholesome and modest family. 

You can't make this s*!t up.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wow, so TLC is going to show it. ... I guess now that they're running out of Duggarling-bride weddings, they're going to Duggarling-bridesmaid weddings. 

Didn’t they show Priss & David’s wedding, and also Erin & Chad’s, back during the “19 Kids” days, before any of the 19, other than Josh, were married?  They’ve run out of ideas (again) and are just reverting to copying old episodes (again).

My phone autocorrected “Priss” to “Pride.”  Hah. 

ETA: Upon thinking about this further, I actually think those weddings were more interesting because of the amount of time given to them (one episode).  There wasn’t any of this watch-the-wedding-then-the-prep-then-the-wedding-again nonsense. 

Edited by jennblevins
I’m on a bus with nothing better to think about.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jennblevins said:

Didn’t they show Priss & David’s wedding, and also Erin & Chad’s, back during the “19 Kids” days, before any of the 19, other than Josh, were married?  They’ve run out of ideas (again) and are just reverting to copying old episodes (again).

ETA: Upon thinking about this further, I actually think those weddings were more interesting because of the amount of time given to them (one episode).  There wasn’t any of this watch-the-wedding-then-the-prep-then-the-wedding-again nonsense. 

Oh, yeah. I guess I remember hearing that.

This was the error of somebody who's never watched the show, then or now. So I don't know what it's been about! 

But, yeah, then -- rehash of old producers' ideas. Because the huge mob they film only has about three ideas, total, to their name. 

Maybe when they show non-Duggarling weddings, they will take the one-episode approach? I'd kind of expect that they would ....

Because they're being shown not as "here's the story of a lovely Duggarling so we're going to drag it out through multiple episodes and maybe even multiple seasons!" but as "here's an event that Duggars attended so we'll show you Duggars attending this event." 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jennblevins said:

You're right about David's  and Priscilla's wedding and Erin's and Chad's wedding appearing on19K&C as well Zach's and Whitney's original wedding. (Up had Zach and Whit do a vow renowal.) However it's been said Jessica is going to be on Say Yes to the Dress. SYTTD usually shows part of the wedding of one bride getting alterations and then films a little of her ceremony, which seems to be what was filmed. 

• Love 6
On 5/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, DangerousMinds said:

63B08F37-4640-40E6-8D4F-F3ECF9C8DF73.jpeg

Every time I read this site and see this photo, I automatically think, "Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening!" 

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
On 5/21/2019 at 4:44 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, Jessica's the cop. I'm pretty sure her husband is one as well. 

As for Jessa not posting, I wonder if they sat this one out. It's an 8 hour round trip, and she's due to whelp in early June (I think due date is the 6th). We noticed her swollen legs a couple of weeks ago; maybe a real midwife stepped in and told her no go.

I hope Jessa did go, poor Ben has to go to all of her siblings weddings. Her being pregnant and it being far I don’t think would deter her too much, I could see her telling everyone she’s pregnant what she can and can’t do and ordering Ben about plus she gets attention, what more could she want. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, either that #batessisterbotique dress is super unflattering, or Kelly has gained a TON of weight. Menopause hasn't been kind to her.

I was just about to ask if that was Kelly. Hopefully for her sake, it's just the photo, or something, making her look so big. 

So Bates grandchild XX will be born in nine months and one day? 

How many kids have the Bates breeding pairs produced by now? Nine that I know of (I don't follow them closely) with more on the way. They better kick it up a notch if they hope to catch the Duggar breeders. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, either that #batessisterbotique dress is super unflattering, or Kelly has gained a TON of weight. Menopause hasn't been kind to her.

Menopause is an evil bitch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I was just about to ask if that was Kelly. Hopefully for her sake, it's just the photo, or something, making her look so big. 

If you look at her calves, it seems like excess  weight , not just the photo.  But I don't recall ever seeing Kelly svelte.  Hasn't she always been plump?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, louannems said:

If you look at her calves, it seems like excess  weight , not just the photo.  But I don't recall ever seeing Kelly svelte.  Hasn't she always been plump?

I always thought of her as solid, not plump. Maybe she's been hiding it under fundie wear all along. It could still be the angle, but...I doubt it. 

Big calves don't mean much. I'm a small petite size with big calves. Damn big leg genes. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

So Bates grandchild XX will be born in nine months and one day? 

How many kids have the Bates breeding pairs produced by now? Nine that I know of (I don't follow them closely) with more on the way. They better kick it up a notch if they hope to catch the Duggar breeders. 

They have nine with 2 on the way. Zach and Whitney have 2 kids with 1 on the way. Erin and Alyssa have 3 each.  Tori has 1 kid. Josie (Bates Balka) is pregnant with her first.    I hope these kids are able to have at least some opinions of their family size, and don't feel compelled just to add to the family count. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

I don't think she looks that big, but I don't really know how she has looked thus far to compare. She looks, to my eye, to be about the same size as I am 16-18, generally, and I was actually thinking, when I scrolled by it, that it was a rather flattering dress for her size. I think I always look bigger than that in photos, though my weight is mostly concentrated in the middle (classic apple shape), whereas she seems to have larger legs/hips than I do - though she isn't exactly pear-shaped either, but more allover wide.

Maybe I'm allowing for my own size, but I don't think people look really "big" until they start to get into morbidly obese territory. She just looks what I would call "matronly". Which is pretty fair 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't think she looks that big, but I don't really know how she has looked thus far to compare. She looks, to my eye, to be about the same size as I am 16-18, generally, and I was actually thinking, when I scrolled by it, that it was a rather flattering dress for her size. I think I always look bigger than that in photos, though my weight is mostly concentrated in the middle (classic apple shape), whereas she seems to have larger legs/hips than I do - though she isn't exactly pear-shaped either, but more allover wide.

Maybe I'm allowing for my own size, but I don't think people look really "big" until they start to get into morbidly obese territory. She just looks what I would call "matronly". Which is pretty fair 

Yeah I think the dress is shapeless and a really bad angle!! 

I don’t think she’s gained that much weight since the last time I saw her. 

• Love 3

The girls don't get to do college, do they? At least not more than the few Bible classes we've seen them take. 

Her next move will probably be the marriage auction block.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Menopause is an evil bitch. 

Yes, yes it is....As a person with up and down weight issues my whole life, Kelly gets a pass from me. Plus I didn't have any kids, like the hoards she had.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Kelly looks great for birthing 12+ kids. 

Also some people are just “bigger”, and it has nothing to do with their age or how many kids they had. As someone who’s been either overweight or obese since the age of 2, I do get hyper annoyed that people assume because someone is YOUNG they are supposed to be thin. (That’s dumb) Now that I’m an adult people try to body shame me less often, although I’m close to the same size I was at 14/15 (I’m 33). 

Of course a large amount of weight gain (or loss) in a short time frame can indicate a health problem/emotional issue (like depression) and I wouldn’t want anyone to be ill. 

I don’t think anyone here is trying to body shame Kelly, but unless you’re super petite a shapeless floral print dress can go “Mumu-Land” in a hot minute from anything other than the perfect angle. 

• Love 9

"Rodrigues Family High School" always cracks me up. The writing done by the "principal" reveals exactly how much education the graduates have.

Aren't all RFHS students HONOR STUDENTS, or does it depend on how much each one grifts for Mama?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3