Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B06537A0-32C5-47B8-B24B-87F3637C9A24.jpeg

Looks like they ate at the “good” Olive Garden.  I’d love nothing more than to bitch-slap both of those f’ing pieces of shit.  Everyone who donated to Timothy’s GoFundMe account should be raising holy hell right now.  Can you tell that I’m livid? 🤬

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Based on his Instagram and a bunch of Tumblr speculation, Trace Bates may be in a courtship. 

Yeah, there is a picture of him with A GIRL! They went with a group (including Lawson) to Disneyworld.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, there is a picture of him with A GIRL! They went with a group (including Lawson) to Disneyworld.

Wow, patronizing Disney. I'd expect them to be shunning The Magic Too-LGBTQ-Friendly Kingdom in favor of The Ark or something. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Also he did an Instagram story where they  (he and the girl) were with John and Alyssa. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree that they're worse than the Duggars as things stand. However, if the Duggars had been born into a poorer situation (not as heirs to a four-generation real-estate business) and had not had the colossal good luck (from JB's perspective) of landing on television, I hate to think how much they'd be grifting. 

I have a feeling they don't grift much because they don't have to grift. 

After all, we've heard in the past that Mary Duggar was a number-one grifter, making all sorts of phone calls to all sorts of people to get them stuff, back in the day. 

And Jim Bob was running for the U.S. Senate while his children were getting fed from bags of food that people LEFT ON THEIR PORCH!!!!. 

And Meeechelle has long been a massive grifter of free child care. Including from her own elementary-school-age daughters, but not in the least limited to them. 

Hard to know, of course, but I have a feeling that if they didn't have access to an inherited real-estate business and tv money, they'd be every bit the grifters that Jill and David are. 

JB and M certainly have a massive sense of entitlement and no shame. 

Oh yes,I meant back in the day,the Duggars were grifters.I think Gil Bates was pretty good at it,too.They both knew lots of kids=lots of reasons for ppl to give them $.

I read the Duggar's book,and Jb spent 100K on entering the Senate race.He also spent 10K on a billboard sign,that he lost money on when it got ruined.So he had money.He just didn't want to spend it on supporting his family.

Michelle also had free help with the laundry,after she had a breakdown over it and the piano teacher offered to help

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

Oh yes,I meant back in the day,the Duggars were grifters.I think Gil Bates was pretty good at it,too.They both knew lots of kids=lots of reasons for ppl to give them $.

I read the Duggar's book,and Jb spent 100K on entering the Senate race.He also spent 10K on a billboard sign,that he lost money on when it got ruined.So he had money.He just didn't want to spend it on supporting his family.

Michelle also had free help with the laundry,after she had a breakdown over it and the piano teacher offered to help

Definite role models! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Melanie Maxwell had a baby today (Monday May 13th)! It's a girl and her name is Deborah Carol Maxwell. Deborah shares a middle name with her aunt Mary Carol Maxwell. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Melanie Maxwell had a baby today (Monday May 13th)! It's a girl and her name is Deborah Carol Maxwell. Deborah shares a middle name with her aunt Mary Carol Maxwell. 

When I first read this, I thought the baby was named Monday May Maxwell. Which is actually a cool name!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

You can tell by the picture Melanie had the baby in a hospital or medical setting. Thank God for that.  The baby is a cutie.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

You can tell by the picture Melanie had the baby in a hospital or medical setting. Thank God for that.  The baby is a cutie.

Melanie has a lot of complications with her pregnancies and is high-risk so she has her babies in a hospital. The other Maxwell wives (Anna Marie and Elissa) have the babies at home. Chelsy tried to have a home birth, but transferred to a hospital due to complications (not sure what happened, but no c-section). 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

How many kids does each Maxwell breeding pair have now? 

OK, as a former zoologist, this made me laugh hysterically.  It's so apt!  And they would probably find it so offensive! 

I have no idea what the answer is, but I wanted to thank you for the laugh.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

How many kids does each Maxwell breeding pair have now? 

It's a lot.  Check out the Maxwell Family site.  There's a family section that tells of each family.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Barb23 said:

It's a lot.  Check out the Maxwell Family site.  There's a family section that tells of each family.

I know it's a lot. I surfed their page until the photo of cats outside pissed me off. Also, the Maxwells write like they have large sticks up their asses. 

10 hours ago, Fosca said:

OK, as a former zoologist, this made me laugh hysterically.  It's so apt!  And they would probably find it so offensive! 

I have no idea what the answer is, but I wanted to thank you for the laugh.

Glad I could be of service! 

• Love 1

I was scrolling through Instagram and saw this post. I don't know much about the Anderson family but I remember you guys have mentioned him here. Well he got himself banned from Ireland and it made world news.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Steve keeps racking up the country count. I wish the US would deny him re-entry the next time he goes on a foreign excursion. 

He is a truly vile human being, and Zsu isn't much better. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I knew Steve was a nutter, but I didn't know he was that extreme. Wishing for peoples' deaths and being happy innocents were brutally murdered? Tsk, tsk. That's not very Christian.

Good old snarky rationalwiki carries what seems to be a pretty complete account of Anderson's life including a list of places he's been denied entrance to....It's actually most places he's tried to go, I think. It appears the UK wouldn't even let him land at one of their airports to catch a connecting flight. The whole account i's one of those amusing-but-crap-this-is-horrifying-and-depressing reads. 

"Bans[edit]

In September 2016, after Anderson had announced his intention to travel to South Africa, Malusi Gigaba, the Minister of Home Affairs banned Anderson and his followers, citing the Constitution of South Africa and stating "I have identified Steven Anderson as an undesirable person to travel to South Africa".[33] That's ok, he's undesirable here too.

Anderson was also banned from entering the United Kingdom[34][35] leading him to change his travel route to Botswana by flying via Ethiopia.[36] On 20 September 2016, Anderson was banned and deported from Botswana.[37][38]

In a YouTube video, Anderson mentioned a planned trip to Malawi in order to set up a church there. Malawian authorities subsequently made it known that he would not be welcome in the country and that he would also be banned from entering it in the future.[39][40]

Anderson has also mentioned that he was recently banned from entering Canada, thus making it the fourth country he's been banned from.[41]

On January 29, 2018, Steven Anderson announced on his YouTube channel that he was banned from "even stepping foot" in the country of Jamaica. He had been planning a mission trip there and was scheduled to arrive on the island that week[42].

YouTuber Ben the Baptist, part of Anderson's IFB YouTube network, was banned from YouTube a second time for at least two weeks starting in mid-June for hate speech, particularly for celebrating the Parkland High School Shooting and Stephen Hawking's death.

The Netherlands refuses admission. This effectively blocks him from Europe (the 'Shengen' area) totally.[43]

He is the first person to have been banned from the Republic of Ireland by an exclusion order.[44]"

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Steven_Anderson

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

The Maxwells detailing the birth and naming of their newest grandchild Deborah Carol Maxwell. Melanie had a relatively easy labor and things went pretty well. Melanie is happy with doctor who is "incredible" and a woman.  They also explain how the parents picked for the new baby. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Steve keeps racking up the country count. I wish the US would deny him re-entry the next time he goes on a foreign excursion. 

He is a truly vile human being, and Zsu isn't much better. 

I've followed this hatemonger for a while now.  It appears that Zsu is pregnant with number 11.  I think Steve only stops globetrotting long enough to impregnate her and then he leaves again.  The older sons seem to have jobs although the oldest isn't quite 18.

8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So how is Timmy’s GoFundMe for his college education doing? I am too lazy to check it out myself... 🙄

He got up to $1105 and now the fund drive is closed.  I think the remarks were beginning to bother JillRod.  Also, the timing of the grift and then Jill's post about Timmy sending a big box of gifts might have turned off further donors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I put this in the Erin thread on the Bates forum, but Erin is modeling a third "maternity friendly" dress and may be pregnant herself. 

I was looking through Carlin's graduation pictures and Tori looks pregnant too.

Screenshot_20190516-183030_Instagram-1080x1339.thumb.jpg.33ef242501403b63c07b90370ecfc5dd.jpg14481b9a-36ec-474e-99b4-6136377899fd.thumb.jpg.20631854f6f09af564f291d65cf09e9a.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tori's dress has a ruffle down to the waist. I think it adds bulk to the midsection.

Erin? Tossup. But if she is knocked up again, poor Chad. He'll be aging in hamster years.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Tori's dress has a ruffle down to the waist. I think it adds bulk to the midsection.

Erin? Tossup. But if she is knocked up again, poor Chad. He'll be aging in hamster years.

Chad's the headship; he wants to stop having kids he should do something about it. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know about pregnant, but Erin is doing a spiffy Miranda Lambert impression. 

Isn't Tori the one who supposedly didn't want kids right away but was pregnant fifteen minutes after her wedding? Or am I thinking of another Bates? 

1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Chad's the headship; he wants to stop having kids he should do something about it. 

Chad might be the headship, but Erin is running the family. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Lawson Bates is very vocal about politics on his social media. I'm not going into what he's saying partly so this post won't violate forum rules and partly because I don't want to quote him. I recommend not looking at it unless you have a strong taste for politics. 

• Love 1

OMG, I looked at his twatter, and his retweewts are from delusional sources. They may be checkmarked, but I have no clue who these people are. I'm too lazy to Google them, but obviously Lawson has time to spare to find these people. My only rationale is that he found the posts on some other fundie's feed(s) that he follows. 

His rationale for the death penalty is juvenile. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Lawson Bates is very vocal about politics on his social media. I'm not going into what he's saying partly so this post won't violate forum rules and partly because I don't want to quote him. I recommend not looking at it unless you have a strong taste for politics. 

I've seen some stuff on his page, he sounds a lot like psycho Derick. If he was on tlc or better known you best believe their show would be in jeopardy. He really shouldn't be in law enforcement, tons of his post are very racist and hateful especially towards women. He called Jamila Jameel a sick person after she tweeted about her abortion experience. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Whenever snark pages start feeling bad for Anna i just remind them to look at her Twitter.  She is a delusional sick person on the inside. JerMe has been very careful only liking a few tweets here and there but they are all the same on the inside. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, Chad is so whipped.

Well, we've heard the way she plays the piano.

She's had decades of experience beating into submission something that''s significantly bigger than she is. She was probably thinking about her future husband as she practiced.

"Erin in charge" is the way she envisions making beautiful music together.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

I was looking through Carlin's graduation pictures and Tori looks pregnant too.

Screenshot_20190516-183030_Instagram-1080x1339.thumb.jpg.33ef242501403b63c07b90370ecfc5dd.jpg14481b9a-36ec-474e-99b4-6136377899fd.thumb.jpg.20631854f6f09af564f291d65cf09e9a.jpg

Oof those are ugly dresses. You would think that since they can afford $400 apple watches they can afford decent clothing.

• Love 6

I'm surprised Jill Dillard isn't expecting again,presuming she can have more.She got pregnant right after Jessa did the 2nd time,like there was a baby race going on

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't tell if Tori's pregnant or if she just never lost the weight from the first one.

I think she's just not as svelte as some of her sisters. Look at her upper arms and face -- she's not fat at all, she's just solid, like her fool mother. 

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Oof those are ugly dresses. You would think that since they can afford $400 apple watches they can afford decent clothing.

Are they Apple watches?  I ask because I have a fitbit Versa which a lot of people have mistaken for an Apple watch.  It is more affordable but still has most of the features- I can get texts and music on it.

They are all wearing the dresses to advertise the "boutique".  

I have yet to see Alyssa modelling their wares.  I think she wouldn't be caught dead in those dresses.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

On the Jill Rodrigues front.....

We would like to take a moment to tell you about our wonderful Mama on this Mothers Day.💜   She has taught us, and sooo many others, countless things that will last a lifetime!  Her steadfast faith in the Lord is like a strong tower.  She has followed the Lord with her WHOLE HEART and yields to the Holy Spirit in whatever the Lord is calling her to do.  Her love and passion for lost souls shows through her each and every day as she reaches out to the lost and lonely.  Her spirit is one of humility, light, meekness, joy, tenderness, hope, love, and oh so much more!  As she embarks upon each new day, she looks to Jesus as her guide and goes forth as a righteous soldier, who always has a smile on her face.😊  She is a servant who never stops giving and always puts others before herself.  When we look at her and the example she is, there is nobody else (other than Jesus of course) that we would rather be like than HER!  We were blessed beyond ALL measure when the Lord gave us HER as our Mother! 💛   Thank you sooo much, Mama, for being who you are!  The life that you live is one that deserves honor and gratefulness.  We love you more than you will ever know and will never take for granted ALL that you have poured into us 13 children, with a holy passion!!!  You are the best Mama ever! Happy Mothers Day.🌼🌻💜💖💜                         

Love, your 13 children (Written by Renee)

31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

We would like to take a moment to tell you about our wonderful Mama on this Mothers Day.💜   She has taught us, and sooo many others, countless things that will last a lifetime!  Her steadfast faith in the Lord is like a strong tower.  She has followed the Lord with her WHOLE HEART and yields to the Holy Spirit in whatever the Lord is calling her to do.  Her love and passion for lost souls shows through her each and every day as she reaches out to the lost and lonely.  Her spirit is one of humility, light, meekness, joy, tenderness, hope, love, and oh so much more!  As she embarks upon each new day, she looks to Jesus as her guide and goes forth as a righteous soldier, who always has a smile on her face.😊  She is a servant who never stops giving and always puts others before herself.  When we look at her and the example she is, there is nobody else (other than Jesus of course) that we would rather be like than HER!  We were blessed beyond ALL measure when the Lord gave us HER as our Mother! 💛   Thank you sooo much, Mama, for being who you are!  The life that you live is one that deserves honor and gratefulness.  We love you more than you will ever know and will never take for granted ALL that you have poured into us 13 children, with a holy passion!!!  You are the best Mama ever! Happy Mothers Day.🌼🌻💜💖💜                         

Again, I ask... Why aren’t we given the choice of a puke emoji?? 🤮

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Are they Apple watches?  I ask because I have a fitbit Versa which a lot of people have mistaken for an Apple watch.  It is more affordable but still has most of the features- I can get texts and music on it.

They are all wearing the dresses to advertise the "boutique".  

I have yet to see Alyssa modelling their wares.  I think she wouldn't be caught dead in those dresses.

They look like Apple Watches to me. I sadly can’t afford one... time to start a grift me /go fund me page 😂. Joking.

• LOL 5
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Your mama taught you how to lie and grift. And not feed you enough food.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I had to go look and see how old Renée is—she’s not quite 17.  Does Jill seriously expect people to believe a 16-year old wrote that?!?  If she actually has a kid that talks that way, it would make me even sadder for the kids. But I’m not buying it, unless she teaches lessons on random capitalization at the SOTDRT. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I had to go look and see how old Renée is—she’s not quite 17.  Does Jill seriously expect people to believe a 16-year old wrote that?!?  If she actually has a kid that talks that way, it would make me even sadder for the kids. But I’m not buying it, unless she teaches lessons on random capitalization at the SOTDRT. 

Jill TOTALLY wrote that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10