Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

I don't know about you guys, but there's nothing more I loved doing as a kid than playing, "Taking Care of My Parasitic Twin" with my friends. 

Haha!

To me there's nothing disturbing about what the little girls have done. But when mine were little and they did shit like this, Mr. Portia and I would say "That's nice, Sweetie" to their faces, then laugh behind their backs about what little weirdos they were. But of COURSE Jill turns it sells her kids' normal kiddish goofiness as evidence of their super special, super godly upbringing. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I absolutely love when someone uses social media to tell people to get off social media, and  “turn off those electronics “, with a picture of children included, of course.

489F8019-1A56-4757-9320-55F84A8D6EC2.jpeg

400B3700-0577-423B-B3FA-9C7C279E202A.jpeg

No, Jill.  They are not being "creative".  They're playing the only game that you think is appropriate - "pretend to be mommies".  And how about you turn off the electronics, Jilly?  You spend waaaaay too much time posting when you should be mothering.

A few years back, Jill posted a picture of one of the little girls with a ball under her shirt pretending to be pregnant.  That's how much Jill talks about babies.  All of the little not-Nuries* get to play with dolls and that's about it.

*Some clever writer over on FreeJinger now calls the girls "Nurie and the not-Nuries".  I suppose the boys are all Tim and the not-Tims.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Did anyone else ever visit the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry back in the 60s and 70s when they had that bizarre exhibit of the embryos and fetuses in bottles preserved by formaldehyde showing month by month development to full term?  My brother stone cold fainted and this hideous picture brought that horror show back from my darkest memory.  🤬  This JillR person is insane.

Edit.  The exhibit is apparently still there though displayed in a more sensitive way.  

Ugh, I'm thinking more of the scene from Total Recall where the man had his conjoined twin living in his stomach.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Ugh, I'm thinking more of the scene from Total Recall where the man had his conjoined twin living in his stomach.

Or the episode of the X-file with the carnival workers, one of whom had a murderous twin that would detach from his body and kill others. That's a show none of the Rodrigui will ever see. 

There are some very strong genes in that family. The girls really all look the same, don't they. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Did anyone else ever visit the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry back in the 60s and 70s when they had that bizarre exhibit of the embryos and fetuses in bottles preserved by formaldehyde showing month by month development to full term?  My brother stone cold fainted and this hideous picture brought that horror show back from my darkest memory.  🤬  This JillR person is insane.

Edit.  The exhibit is apparently still there though displayed in a more sensitive way.  

I have seen it several times.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

i actually saw  a similar display at church once when i was about 11/12. they were in those giant pickle jars, like 2 gallon. have never forgotten that experience. it wasn't scary so much as it was just plain curious and then to know those were real human babies, not plastic...that was amazingly sad.

trying to think of how to bring this back to the subject at hand....can't.  oh i know -- my daughter had a baby front pack that she used to wear with her doll in it. and a baby bed, car ....seat all the gimmicks. my granddaughter does not play with dolls. so weird.

Edited by zoomama
just remembered a detail
  • Love 1

If contraception is one step away from abortion,isn't heavy eyeliner just one step away from prostitution? 

Shouldn't Jill and her dd's go all naturale and wear no makeup,the way God made them?

Can the rest of us come up with our own platitudes, or would Jill have an excuse for them?

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
(edited)
13 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Why aren’t the girls playing with the baby like dolls she gritted? You know the ones who resemble real babies.

I presume the girls decided to give the dolls to Jill as gifts since she is the world's greatest Mama and now they're left to play with cheapo dolls from the dollar store.

It's just like Tim who doesn't have enough to cover his college tuition but has sent Jill flowers, jewelry and fancy cards more than once during this school year.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Why aren’t the girls playing with the baby like dolls she gritted? You know the ones who resemble real babies.

I think the real baby dolls went to older daughters and these younger girls got the more indestructable kind. 

Adding: Jill has a lot of daughters and I'm almost certain after checking that these girls are too young to be the "real baby" doll owners.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, BitterApple said:

Those are the creepiest children I've ever seen.

They really are, and it’s because both of their parents are creepy, so they couldn’t escape it genetically.  Every time I see those poor kids I just want to sit down and cry.  They rip my heart out.  I would love to say the same to Jill, but she’s a big f’ing pussy who keeps her IG comments turned off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

They really are, and it’s because both of their parents are creepy, so they couldn’t escape it genetically.  Every time I see those poor kids I just want to sit down and cry.  They rip my heart out.  I would love to say the same to Jill, but she’s a big f’ing pussy who keeps her IG comments turned off.

I can’t snark on those poor girls. They rip my heart out too, because they are so clearly malnourished. It’s not just that they’re thin... they have that dull, sallow skin, thin hair and sunken-looking eyes. I bet that underneath that caked-on makeup the older girls look exactly the same. 

• Love 11

Early photos of the older Duggar daughters showed that they had dark circles under their eyes, looked sullen and pale too. I bet those girls were overworked, tired and underfed. Michelle should be ashamed of herself; not held as an example. Jim Bob should have known better too. These Rodriguez girls have that same look. Shame on their parents, too, especially since neither of them look like they have missed a meal or do any 'fasting'.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Wow her kids have on normal summer clothes. I guess that they too are straying from the strict Gothard upbringing. 

Those kids are as cute as can be! They’re living dolls!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Whitney is pregnant with her 3rd. Shes due in November. 

The last picture is just a little odd to me.  I've seen that exact same pose done by a 30 year old married couple announcing their pregnancy. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

The last picture is just a little odd to me.  I've seen that exact same pose done by a 30 year old married couple announcing their pregnancy. 

I said the exact same thing on the Bates forum. It's weird and slightly inappropriate. 

• Love 8

Whitney & Zach seem to be just another couple to me.  He works in law enforcement (?sheriff's dept I think), Whitney has her realtor's license, they bought & renovated a house & are now expecting their third child.  Not all their ways are fundy nor are they dependent on their parents like most of the Duggarlings.  I guess having their first kiss before marriage hasn't put a hex on their marriage & family. 

• Love 13

Plus they aren't popping out the babies at warp speed.  Bradley will be 5 when the baby is born and Kaci is turning 3 next month.  I can see them having only a couple more- Whitney doesn't strike me as the type who would want to be pregnant well into her 40's.  

I also wonder if their kids will go to school as opposed to being home schooled.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Plus they aren't popping out the babies at warp speed.  Bradley will be 5 when the baby is born and Kaci is turning 3 next month.  I can see them having only a couple more- Whitney doesn't strike me as the type who would want to be pregnant well into her 40's.  

I also wonder if their kids will go to school as opposed to being home schooled.

I remember reading somewhere that Whitney plans to homeschool. 

I've been studying the Bates Sisters Store. Several of the dresses are marked as "maternity friendly". Erin Bates Paine is modeling two of the four "maternity friendly" dresses.  Is it possible they had these photos taken a while ago (like a year ago when she was pregnant)? One of those dresses (The Sarah) is supposed to be nursing friendly so maybe she's still nursing.  It's also possible she's just wearing those dresses by coincidence.

I suppose it's also possible that I mixed up Erin and Josie. I have trouble telling who all the models are. The only ones I feel sure of are Erin and Kelly. 

• Love 1

I was watching the Bringing Up Bates episode: "Sweet Shower & A Suprise Switch!" Their at the part at the tea party where they are snifing the tea bags, I don't think they realize if you add 'ing to the end of tea-bag that they are talking about a gross sexual act.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Timothy Rodrigues, who just had a Go Fund Me begging for college money, has sent Sweet Mama a large box filled with gifts.  And JillR is bragging about it.  All those people who sent him money must be seething.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Props to everyone on this board who predicted the GoFundMe would circle right back to Jill. That didn't take long, lol.

The kids in these families aren't brainwashed a bit. Nope. 

It'd take decades of full-time cult deprogramming to shake these poor little slobs loose. Tragic. 

• Love 10
On 5/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, fonfereksglen said:

I used to have sleepovers at the Museum of Science and Industry as a kid (in the 90s, this was an event for members) and I loved that exhibit! My mom would put her sleeping bag right under the embryo. Ah memories. 

Back on TOPIC- those kids do look creepy @BitterApple, like they are malnourished and with bags under their eyes. 

• Love 10
On 5/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, BitterApple said:

I said the exact same thing on the Bates forum. It's weird and slightly inappropriate. 

I don’t think the pose itself is inappropriate. They are kids hugging and one jumped up. But why give them the sonogram pictures and post it on social media?!! That’s just odd. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, louannems said:

Timothy Rodrigues, who just had a Go Fund Me begging for college money, has sent Sweet Mama a large box filled with gifts.  And JillR is bragging about it.  All those people who sent him money must be seething.

Did Jill specifically say what Timmy's grifted money bought her?

• Love 2

Tim Rodrigues has a Facebook Story up now (it’s on the Jill David Noyes Rodrigues page) where he’s driving, and he talks a bit about feeling discouraged, and then sings 2 songs for his and our encouragement. He sings along with a CD but he has a decent singing voice. His talking voice though sounds just like Nurie’s! It’s strange! Is that a regional accent they speak with? 

Of course his song is about “backsliding” Christians and how “real” Christians need to Stand Strong. He’s learned finger pointing from Jill.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

His talking voice though sounds just like Nurie’s! It’s strange! Is that a regional accent they speak with? 

I'd never heard him speak before but just watched the video. He doesn't really seem to have much of an accent of any kind to me.

I have noticed some isolated homeschoolers can have some weird intonations, though. (Said as a former homeschooler but one who had a fair amount of public schooling too.)

I noticed that when I was working with some homeschool families who would come in our library. Some of the kids were very bright but had really odd speech patterns. I can't even explain what was odd about them, but Tim reminds me a little of them in the way he speaks. 

And, yes, he really needs to stop filming himself WHILE HE'S DRIVING!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'd never heard him speak before but just watched the video. He doesn't really seem to have much of an accent of any kind to me.

I have noticed some isolated homeschoolers can have some weird intonations, though. (Said as a former homeschooler but one who had a fair amount of public schooling too.)

I noticed that when I was working with some homeschool families who would come in our library. Some of the kids were very bright but had really odd speech patterns. I can't even explain what was odd about them, but Tim reminds me a little of them in the way he speaks. 

And, yes, he really needs to stop filming himself WHILE HE'S DRIVING!

His speaking voice does sound really weird to me, actually. Someone here likened it to a hearing-impaired person a few weeks ago, and that's all I can hear now. There's a sort of echoing quality to it that sounds as though it's coming up from a deep well. Just....odd.

As far as his singing voice, it's not bad. He seems to have a good sense of pitch, and that aforementioned echoing quality is actually sort of interesting in his lower tones. He does rather strangle the higher notes, though. Except there were a few notes the first time the song went high where either he was going for the falsetto or the sound of the recording came through...if that was him, though, he could actually have quite a range to him if he learned to harness it properly.

And I'm not going to give him to much grief about recording while driving...it's probably not that much more distracting than carrying on a conversation or just wailing along with the radio, both of which I would guess we have all done at one time or another...

• Love 3
(edited)

Couldn't stop myself from watching the Tim video. Too much curiosity. Don't know that I've ever heard him talk before. He does have to stop recording and driving. 

Despite the fact that I'll almost certainly despise the various Rodrigui kids -- Timothy very much included -- by the time they're 40 or even 30....and despite the fact that I hold myself aloof from emotions as much as possible ....right now I can't read about a Rodrigui, read what they write, see photos of them or, worst of all, see and hear them on video without my heart breaking. 

All that innocence and probably doomed to turn out a lot like David or Jill before they're done. Seems very unfair because now they're so so innocent. And probably doomed by the innocence, really. Depresses the hell out of me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

His speaking voice does sound really weird to me, actually. Someone here likened it to a hearing-impaired person a few weeks ago, and that's all I can hear now. There's a sort of echoing quality to it that sounds as though it's coming up from a deep well. Just....odd.

Listening to him again--God help me--and I think one of the things that is weird is that he doesn't really enunciate his words, but he's not obviously mumbling or doing so because he has a regional accent. It's almost like he has something in his mouth, but he doesn't. Some of his pronunciations also sound unusual but again don't seem to be clearly derived from something like a regional accent.

3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Despite the fact that I'll almost certainly despise the various Rodrigui kids -- Timothy very much included -- by the time they're 40 or even 30....and despite the fact that I hold myself aloof from emotions as much as possible ....right now I can't read about a Rodrigui, read what they write, see photos of them or, worst of all, see and hear them on video without my heart breaking. 

All that innocence and probably doomed to turn out a lot like David or Jill before they're done. Seems very unfair because now they're so so innocent. And probably doomed by the innocence, really. Depresses the hell out of me. 

I root so hard for all the Rodrigues kids to escape. Like, I got irrationally invested in Tim's career/education goals, simply because I hoped it meant he could flee his family's clutches, even though I found his stated goals weird. Realizing now that was wishful thinking on my part, but I so want them all to get away from their toxic parents. 

• Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Zella said:

I root so hard for all the Rodrigues kids to escape. 

Yeah, me, too. I find contemplating their actual fate unbearable. I'm invested in them to a crazy degree.

Especially when I see them and all I can see is how utterly painfully horribly innocent they are. And what that's nevertheless likely to lead to. Like Tim singing in that car. Terrible. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jill's parent's aren't grifters,are they? Are any of her siblings?

It's a shame Jill/David are teaching their kids to grift,instead of being self sufficient.Nurie thought she was owed another car,due go her accident,which was her fault.Now Tim thinks others should pay for his college,family trips to and fro to visit,and gifts for Momma and Nurie.

They're the most non self sufficient family I've ever seen.Worse than the Duggars,imo.

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

Jill's parent's aren't grifters,are they? Are any of her siblings?

It's a shame Jill/David are teaching their kids to grift,instead of being self sufficient.Nurie thought she was owed another car,due go her accident,which was her fault.Now Tim thinks others should pay for his college,family trips to and fro to visit,and gifts for Momma and Nurie.

They're the most non self sufficient family I've ever seen.Worse than the Duggars,imo.

I agree that they're worse than the Duggars as things stand. However, if the Duggars had been born into a poorer situation (not as heirs to a four-generation real-estate business) and had not had the colossal good luck (from JB's perspective) of landing on television, I hate to think how much they'd be grifting. 

I have a feeling they don't grift much because they don't have to grift. 

After all, we've heard in the past that Mary Duggar was a number-one grifter, making all sorts of phone calls to all sorts of people to get them stuff, back in the day. 

And Jim Bob was running for the U.S. Senate while his children were getting fed from bags of food that people LEFT ON THEIR PORCH!!!!. 

And Meeechelle has long been a massive grifter of free child care. Including from her own elementary-school-age daughters, but not in the least limited to them. 

Hard to know, of course, but I have a feeling that if they didn't have access to an inherited real-estate business and tv money, they'd be every bit the grifters that Jill and David are. 

JB and M certainly have a massive sense of entitlement and no shame. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
(edited)

Looked at these pictures of Marjorie Jackson, regular-college graduate. And probably without having had to send presents home to mom every time she got a buck.

Nice for her. Awful for kids like the Rodrigui and the Duggarlings, who've mostly been dragooned into thinking this is a bad thing. Or at least a thing that's definitely not for them...

Particularly awful for Duggarlings, maybe, since JB could have made it possible for as many as wanted it, if he'd been willing. He inherited a damn real-estate business. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
(edited)

Just had a glimpse at Marjorie's Instagram. She's apparently chilling like a villain in the Grand Cayman Islands on vacation right now--or just got back from there. Doesn't seem like the type of vacation where she's foisting religious pamphlets on the locals either.

Also noticed she's wearing a very normal-looking one-piece swimsuit in one of the pics. Other pics she's in tank tops and shorts. I think she looks nice but am sure the Duggars would be shrieking Nike over anything she's wearing. Anyway, I'm glad she dodged the Duggar bullet. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

Just had a glimpse at Marjorie's Instagram. She's apparently chilling like a villain in the Grand Cayman Islands on vacation right now--or just got back from there. Doesn't seem like the type of vacation where she's foisting religious pamphlets on the locals either.

Also noticed she's wearing a very normal-looking one-piece swimsuit in one of the pics. Other pics she's in tank tops and shorts. I think she looks nice but am sure the Duggars would be shrieking Nike over anything she's wearing. Anyway, I'm glad she dodged the Duggar bullet. 

Trust she is happy she dodged the Duggar bullet too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11