Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Portia said:

I'll be honest. I didn't get much further than "Maulucci and Lancaster Family's" because the glaring apostrophe error caused my left eye to start twitching.  But I skipped through the video and saw enough to know this: one need not be "technical savvy" in order to put together a simple slideshow like that.

I made it to about the 3 minute mark, when they were at a pumpkin farm. Hopefully the 2018 travels will be more riveting. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Portia said:

I'll be honest. I didn't get much further than "Maulucci and Lancaster Family's" because the glaring apostrophe error caused my left eye to start twitching.  But I skipped through the video and saw enough to know this: one need not be "technical savvy" in order to put together a simple slideshow like that.

I legit flinched at that. Also, nice slideshow, but I did the same thing for my grandma's 90th...it takes no time in iMovie...that's not exactly Pixar level video editing. It's one of those things that is cute, you share it with your family, but no one outside your family wants to watch a vacation slideshow. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Portia said:

I said to myself, "This is not a video, just a slideshow.  And that techno-savvy music Timothy used, I had to shut that up right away.

42 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I made it to about the 3 minute mark, when they were at a pumpkin farm. Hopefully the 2018 travels will be more riveting. 

Then you missed the 320 pictures of alligators!

• Love 4
(edited)

GoFundMe

I hope this link works.

Timothy Rodrigues has started a Go Fund Me page begging for college money.  (Of course he is)!

The comments are priceless!  So is the 3rd donator's note!

Edited by louannems
fixed link
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

GoFundMe

I hope this link works.

Timothy Rodrigues has started a Go Fund Me page begging for college money.  (Of course he is)!

The comments are priceless!  So I the 3rd donator's note!

That is amazing!  Lmao

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, louannems said:

GoFundMe

I hope this link works.

The comments are priceless!  So I the 3rd donator's note!

That's a hoot. Several people seem to be on to Jill R's grifting ways. I enjoyed the comments that assume Jill has posted this and Tim won't see a dime of the funds "he" is raising. I totally believe it after the fustercluck GoFundMe supposedly started by Nurie after her car wreck last year. She obviously had no clue, was just sitting there talking for a video Jill was making to promote the campaign. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm sure it's worth it to Jill.

I'll pay her $1000 to get a "Mommy’s 17 layers of green eyeliner that make her look like a 1980’s groupie on heroin' tramp stamp.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

GoFundMe

I hope this link works.

Aww. I hope he gets a few dollars extra so he and Nurie can have a really nice double date with their parents.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Comments are deleted now but they were pure gold. 99% of them were blasting him and the parents for grifting. There was only 1 that was positive - the guy that gave $700.

I doubt Jilly wrote the GFM because there was NO RANDOM capital letters.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Jill sure does put the FUND in FUNDie!!  Wow!!  I want to tell Tim that if he really wants a career in aviation, he might have considered joining the Airforce.  That way he would have received useful training and not sat around making crazy clocks, etc.  He would also have the added bonus of serving the country that all those fundies are so patriotic about.  Of course, most of them are really patriotic right up to the point that they actually have to give of themselves!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, louannems said:

GoFundMe

I hope this link works.

I can’t find any comments.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Did you all see who is the top donation currently on his page? Mom and Dad! $50!! 

You need to take another look.  His campaign is also trending right now.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I can't either, but am assuming that it's because they got deleted.

They deleted them because they were brutal. I read them before they were deleted and they were awesome! Everyone was on to their grifting ways!

• Love 10
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

They deleted them because they were brutal. I read them before they were deleted and they were awesome! Everyone was on to their grifting ways!

The ones I saw, while telling it like it is, weren't threatening or obscene. But yes people were telling Tim he could get a good education in aviation by going to community college in his home state (W. Va.), or by joining the Air Force and serving his country while learning aviation. 

Someone even noted that while Tim's begging for money online, somehow his mother and sister had the bucks to fly across the country to visit him quite recently. Heh.

I know the wording of the GFM doesn't sound as DRAMATIC and rambling as Jill's usual style. Maybe Tim really wrote it, but I just can't see Jill keeping her hands off this serious grifting opportunity. I'm sure Tim will be MOVED and Inspired by the Spirit of the Lord to share the bounty with his Wonderful Mother!

Edited by Jeeves
Had to do a little Jill R style there
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I wasn't able to see the comments before they got deleted, but I'm surprised at how much he's managed to grift already. Gotta have that extra money so he can send his mamma expensive presents!

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

But yes people were telling Tim he could get a good education in aviation by going to community college in his home state (W. Va.), or by joining the Air Force and serving his country while learning aviation. 

They also told him to get a job—a concept completely foreign to lazy ass people who'd rather beg for money on the internet. 

ETA: Someone named "Feed Starving Siblings" kicked in 5 bucks. LOL

47 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

They also told him to get a job—a concept completely foreign to lazy ass people who'd rather beg for money on the internet. 

ETA: Someone named "Feed Starving Siblings" kicked in 5 bucks. LOL

The latest $5 donation comes from donor "We’ll help you get away. You don’t have to grift like this."

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Jill won't be able to keep her greedy hands off any money Tim raises. He's been trained to put mama first, and knows he better do it. The woman has worldly needs: makeup, hair products, jewelry, trips, parties and celebrations, dinners out with Chubby Hubby, outfits for photo ops. Priorities first. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

The comments on GoFundMe are back up.  I guess the choice was either give the money back or allow the comments to stand.  For whatever reasons, I was able to see that "Lucifer Our Lord" just chipped in $5.00.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Awesome comments!!  Some of those have to be from posters here!

whi is this Rood Family who donated $700?

An individual by that name is tied to a Fundy WV camp (not saying which one for privacy's sake).  I'm assuming Tim formerly worked there or similar.  

• Love 1

Sarah Maxwell is asking for your guesses about when Melanie's baby will be born. She is due May 18th and most of her kids have been born early (many of them premature). 

She also says that "We’d covet your prayers for both Melanie and Baby.". Apparently that language is trending with fundies right now. ("Covet your prayers" is phrase I'd never heard until Jill R and doesn't seem to be used much among nonfundies.) 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, beckie said:

I wasn't able to see the comments before they got deleted, but I'm surprised at how much he's managed to grift already. Gotta have that extra money so he can send his mamma expensive presents!

Well, Mother's Day is coming up...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. Except prayer. Oh, and it's not a sin to grift. Everyone buy plexus -God

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

An individual by that name is tied to a Fundy WV camp (not saying which one for privacy's sake).  I'm assuming Tim formerly worked there or similar.  

That camp seems to be filled with abuse especially for the teenage boys. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

She also says that "We’d covet your prayers for both Melanie and Baby.". Apparently that language is trending with fundies right now. ("Covet your prayers" is phrase I'd never heard until Jill R and doesn't seem to be used much among nonfundies.) 

"Covet your prayers" has been consistently ubiquitous for as long as I have run in Baptist circles (30+ years).  I don't think it's trending. Maybe you're just noticing it now that you've been exposed to it, similar to when you get a make and model of car and suddenly start noticing that car everywhere.  😉

• Love 5

Timothy's donation comments were back up this morning. Brutal but funny. Didn't see Lucifer Our Lord, but Jill and David pitched in $50. I bet Tim won't get to keep that "donation." The dollar store is having a makeup and hairspray special this month, and David's donut supply is running low. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 10:01 AM, Portia said:

"Covet your prayers" has been consistently ubiquitous for as long as I have run in Baptist circles (30+ years).  I don't think it's trending. Maybe you're just noticing it now that you've been exposed to it, similar to when you get a make and model of car and suddenly start noticing that car everywhere.  😉

It's probably a phrase that is used commonly by some, but I've never heard it  and more to the point, it's not something I've seen Jill R or Sarah Maxwell use. I've been reading both the Maxwells and Jill R for a few years. Both of them have asked for prayers many times and neither of them has used the word "covet" before the last few days. It's kind of funny, because they seem very different from each other and not like families who would follow one another. Maybe we will get a Nurie-Jesse courtship after all.   

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, beckie said:

Maybe JillRod should take back the jewels that she got for Valentine's day and send her son the money.  Or tell him to cut it out with the cards and flowers.  I guess grifters gotta grift.

• Love 8

I absolutely love when someone uses social media to tell people to get off social media, and  “turn off those electronics “, with a picture of children included, of course.

489F8019-1A56-4757-9320-55F84A8D6EC2.jpeg

400B3700-0577-423B-B3FA-9C7C279E202A.jpeg

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Irony has never been Jill's strong suit. 😂

This goes way beyond irony into tragedy...Those babies which even Charles Dickens would never think to cast as mothers in his novels are being cast as idealized  Madonnas in the uber-fundie world of the Rodriguii and their ilk.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

489F8019-1A56-4757-9320-55F84A8D6EC2.jpeg

400B3700-0577-423B-B3FA-9C7C279E202A.jpeg

I don't know about you guys, but there's nothing more I loved doing as a kid than playing, "Taking Care of My Parasitic Twin" with my friends. 

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I don't know about you guys, but there's nothing more I loved doing as a kid than playing, "Taking Care of My Parasitic Twin" with my friends. 

Did anyone else ever visit the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry back in the 60s and 70s when they had that bizarre exhibit of the embryos and fetuses in bottles preserved by formaldehyde showing month by month development to full term?  My brother stone cold fainted and this hideous picture brought that horror show back from my darkest memory.  🤬  This JillR person is insane.

Edit.  The exhibit is apparently still there though displayed in a more sensitive way.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 12