Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I love how every post eventually turns into a plug for Plexus. Is there a scripture quote for schilling a worthless bunch of chemicals? Did y’all know Plexus is for men too? I’d like a testimony from Daddy Dave about his journey with Plexus. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

I’d like a testimony from Daddy Dave about his journey with Plexus. 

When hell freezes over.

Unlike Jonathan, who has posed with a Plexus drink in his hand, Hunk ignores  Jill's overpriced scam-fest until it's time to take a Plexus semi-sponsored trip. He likes the vacations away from his kids. 

• Like 11

Matthew 7: 3-5:

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

From the KJV no less.   Jill and David have a whole truckload of beams in their eyes.   Whilst, of course, complaining about the teeny specks in other peple's eyes.  

Of course Jill is rallying the troops to "her" side.   She was wronged and must be avenged.   Even if everyone else has moved on with their lives.   While they are "retreat" of course.   Yeah the clearninghouse called them out on all the vacations, hence the religious theme to this one. And David having "meetings" on his way to Florida to see the new grandchild.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
45 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1bea68d3dd299f55858ca41bef274164.jpeg

The RodPod clearly  isn't listening. It's not about 0, 1, 2 or 1000 premarital encounters but about not talking about somebody elses newly established sex life to the public. I find it frustrating that they aren't willing to even pretend to understand the problem. 

Edited by lianau
  • Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, lianau said:

The RodPod clearly  isn't listening. It's not about 0, 1, 2 or 1000 premarital encounters but about not talking about somebody elses newly established sex life to the public. I find it frustrating that they aren't willing to even pretend to understand the problem. 

Nah, when Jill gets a notion stuck in her mind, it's impossible to sway her otherwise. She's a stubborn, stubborn person. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She’s calling this one a “retreat” following the wedding. 

Thanks, I had forgotten that.

How horrible for all of them to be stuck and crammed into a "retreat space/airbnb"  while mama is enraged and for sure has gone into her "mama preaching mode" endlessly.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I’m sure Jill and David are ranting bible verses 24/7 keeping their kids awake and hungry and miserable. It’s all about mama and daddy being correct 100%. Everyone is evil and out to get them etc. Look at pour Gabriel crying outta sheer misery. It certainly isn’t because he’s from a goodly family.

I imagine Jill is eating extra well and bought even more presents for herself to sooth her wounded soul.

Jill is on vacation every week. Lazy snake should stay home off the internet tending to her garden and cooking yellow slop. 

And serve her hunk 24/7 as he pleases. He is her head ship after all.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Thanks, I had forgotten that.

How horrible for all of them to be stuck and crammed into a "retreat space/airbnb"  while mama is enraged and for sure has gone into her "mama preaching mode" endlessly.

Even Janessa is working on her "Praise Mama" post in crayon. There is no peace for the Rodlets right now. David may even get to the point of finding something to do that gets him away. 

I'm curious to see if Ellen joins Jill's next Plexus downline Zoom meeting. How awkward that would be. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Good morning goodly people. 😁

IMG_7938.jpeg

She followed this picture with a post of HERSELF crying, ffs.🤦‍♀️

CAB7007D-F961-44DD-869C-B16EF40B80F8.jpeg

3 hours ago, lianau said:

One of her FB friends even replied with this respectful, articulate post and she still deleted it almost immediately 😳.

EFFC49C0-79B9-4E39-A2C3-20550AD789A4.png

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
On 9/21/2024 at 8:57 AM, ginger90 said:

So, Jill didn’t show up for the wedding in a boot, in a wheelchair, and she didn’t wear white, but she did this. She’s receiving what she considers “backlash”, and doesn’t even understand why.

There has to be a medical term for this.  Persecutory delusion, perhaps? Or just delusional?

"Client lacks insight. She appears to believe any disagreement with her constitutes religious persecution."

17 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

She makes it sound like all five of them shared a kiss on their wedding day.  At least that’s the mental image I got reading that. 🤣

I had a picture of the newlyweds kissing, and then everyone at the wedding going around having a kissing fest 🤪

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
21 minutes ago, AstridM said:

One of her FB friends even replied with this respectful, articulate post and she still deleted it almost immediately 😳.

It goes against Jill’s narrative that the “backlash” is about what she posted, not that it wasn’t her place to post it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Not to worry about our Jilldo, she looooves this. She can cry persecution over more than a rogue can of green beans and rainbow decor, her hunk stepped up (and away from the map) to defend her honour, her "girlies" are falling all over themselves to kiss her feet and she gets to conspicuously praise her sons that are toeing the line. Throw in a plexus sponsored trip somewhere and Jill will be in her element. 

But Jill, my dear, wait until Bri the Zealot decides that your tight clothes and 5lbs of make up are un-gahdly... all the purity and modesty quotes might read a little differently then. 

• Like 18

Make no mistake,  Jill is LOVING every moment of this drama. Not only did she make Timothy and Heidi's wedding about HER (as was the plan) but she also gets to cry persecution and shout once again how much better and more godly ( or goodly as her badly typed post said) she is. than the rest of us.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 17
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

I would be crying, too, if I had started a big family fight that had hurt so many people's feelings.  Unfortunately, she has no way out.  She can either apologize, stay silent, or keep up the fight.  An apology would seem to her untruthful since she thinks she has done nothing wrong and that she is perfect and is raising a perfect family. She is incapable of staying silent.  So she will just keep fighting and create what will probably be unforgivable and life-long rifts with her family.  Way to support your son, Jill.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 7
  • Sad 7
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Jill needs to shut up. She never apologizes, so no one expects that to happen. She's making things worse by throwing fuel on a nasty fire. 

She needs to volunteer at a charity or home school her children properly. Maybe she could organize the pantry at her church or sweep the floors there. Something. She has way too much time on her hands. 

It wouldn't be a bad idea for Ellen to bow out right now too. She should sit down and make plans to separate her Plexus business from Jill's. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 1

Jill,

it is impossible to persecute a narcissist. Please pray to your frightening vengeful god for some mental acuity.

Let me make this easy for you to understand: Your hateful behavior is making you physically ugly. No amount of photoshopping is going to hide that. 

• Like 14
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2

Timothy’s post tonight: ( I didn’t copy the photos.  Looks like a buffet). Read through the lines in the quoted scripture 

Hello everyone we want to thank all of you for the congratulations, and gifts given to us for our wedding day! We appreciate it all, and want to thank you all! Heidi and me had a wonderful day visiting a church and going out to eat. You can tell we both have very different tastes by our plates lol 😂! It was a great day and we were encouraged by the message this morning about enduring trials we may face in life. Heidi and me are so happy to be married and looking forward to starting a family, and being one with God and growing closer every day! 😁

Ephesians 5:28-33 KJV
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. [29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: [30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. [31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. [32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. [33] Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Useful 9
36 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Ephesians 5:28-33 KJV
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. [29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: [30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. [31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. [32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. [33] Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Bolded part - wow!

• Like 16

I never thought I'd use these words in the same sentence, but it was smart of Tim to make a post with no mention of kiss-gate (except a bit in the man leaving his father and mother verse, but that's such a common wedding verse that it may or may not be a dig at his progenitors). 

• Like 16
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Joy Baptist has officially washed their hands of the Rods. They've been wiped clean off their website. Where there used to be pictures like Jill's Christmas Eve selfie, music and preaching, it's all gone now. 

I bet that pastor really regrets the whole half cow and the dining room table. 

Is Joy Baptist their current church or one of their previous churches? I can't keep up with their history of churches, I feel like they've been through more than the average church-going person. 

• Like 12

Tim made a great escape. He can chill and let the women hash it out. He found a young lady he loves and has married into a very pleasant family who is seemingly offering great emotional support.

I think is best that Jill made an ass of herself two seconds after the wedding. The new couple can focus on their life moving forward and put Jill on the backburner.

• Like 23
57 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They no longer have to wonder when Jill will mess up and overstep.  They know she will not fully abide by their wishes.  They now get to decide how to handle it in the future.

His Bible "argument "(assuming his mother sees this) stated the leave and cleave verse. He has publicly chosen his wife. Good for him! He also untagged himself from Jill's stupid first kiss as post. Good for him again! 

@emma675 The Rods left Joy Baptist around March or April. They were first seen at People's Baptist around that time. Kaylee left her and Tim's church to join the borg at the new church. Tim attended his church by himself, until the move, I suppose. 

I like that they seem to be church shopping and not settling in at the Coveretts' church. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
On 9/22/2024 at 2:41 AM, ranchgirl said:

I also don't think Tim is too far removed from his mom.  Most of the changes lately were done probably at the request of his new wife, not so much to dismiss his mom.  Afterall, he did stay pure until his wedding day like his mom and dad told him too.  All this bickering now between the two families has to be heavy on both Tim and Heidi's hearts.  

But did he? Just because Jill said he did doesn't make it true. They may have been shagging themselves silly for months and of course never told Jill. Either way, still none of our (or her) business.

Edited by Vantraveller
  • Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

They weren’t all brought together by God. Jill had as many kids as she could, and then began isolating them into a world only they would know. She is of biblical times, and not of “ this world”. what’s so good about that? So her kids never got to see any other people but her and secret screen man. They talk like her, they sound like her, they do their hair and make up like here, and somehow they do some bizarre fasting over God, or none of them would be so skinny. I’d love to know what that’s about. Does she tell them when it’s time to fast, or does she guilt them into the fasting? A little less money this week? Get on your hands and knees and pray for everlasting life (and put down the bread!)! 

Jinger even admitted to being so terrified to have fun – God may punish her if she went out to play a game instead of praying for everlasting life, or whatever the heck it was they prayed for. I’m sure Jill is filling their heads with the same thing. If you don’t fast, something may happen to you. Look how much weight Philip gained when he left home. He was no longer the teeny tiny adult waif, and looked like he could pray and eat the same time. And look at the picture she chooses to put in the family picture. The one where he is a skinny bobble head, wearing the wrong size clothes. Not the one where he started to look better and his face filled out. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He also untagged himself from Jill's stupid first kiss as post. Good for him again! 

Hahahahahaahaha.

Yep, Jill is going on an information fast.   She gets the information they want to her have, when they want her to have it.   So she can't post it herself and make it all herself.   I mean she will anyway but by then it will be old news in their circle and everyone will see what she has done.   

4 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Does she tell them when it’s time to fast, or does she guilt them into the fasting?

She simply doesn't provide enough food and when questioned claims the kids are voluntarily fasting.   None of the kids, so far, have an opportunity to speak without Jill present so they can't be questioned about it.  

• Sad 13

IMG_7957.jpeg

💗 TO MAMA- MY BEST FRIEND💗
    A Poem written by Renee Rodrigues in honor of my precious Mama...

As the toddler reaches for an object on the shelf, 
   Not knowing that it may bring harm or danger to herself,
   Her mother quickly scolds her as she leads the babe away, 
   And tells her not to touch the thing she wishes 'or to play.

The years pass by, the baby grows, an active child is she,
   But still she's young and unaware, what Mama's eyes can see.
   In each mistake or wilful sin and choice to disobey,
   Her mama still is standing near, to guide, correct, and pray.
   For in the heart of Mama dear abides a love so rare,
   And from that love she must correct, or else she doesn't care.
   The soul inside her daughters heart is far too great a price,
   To keep from saying something, for the sake of being "nice".
   So still she prays to Jesus, and daily reads His book,
   For with her given duty, it is to God in whom she'll look.

The child grew, a teen was she, and time was fleeting by,
   This once young, babbling toddler was learning how to fly.
   New questions that she'd never asked, new choices she would make,
   New tears of frustration, and the fear of a mistake.
   But all the while her mother, so faithful and sincere, 
   Would give a helpful word, or give a listening ear.
   No matter what the question, no matter what the doubt,
   Her mother never wavered on the things she spoke about.
   Convictions of the past were convictions of today,
   No matter what the sinful world would do, or think, or say.
   Her Mama always warned her to keep her eyes on Christ, 
   And when the battle rages on, "don't give up in the fight."
  Although temptations come along and wordly things appeal, 
   She warned about the devil who is only out to steal. 

This daughter reached adulthood, she now has flown the nest,
   The things her mother taught her are now put to the test.
   And when her faith is weak, or trials come along,
   She thinks about her Mama's words and thinks about her song.
   For no amount of pressure seems to take her Mama down,
   And when it seems she wears a frown, she turns it upside down.
   So child, just remember, through all your passing days, 
   The things your Mama taught you of Jesus and His ways.
   For when your faith is weak, and Satan lurks in stealth, 
   Just remember what your Mama said about,       
            "THE OBJECT ON THE SHELF"

Since I was a young child, Mama (and Daddy as well) trained me to do right, taught me from God's Word, and most importantly, loved me. I want to pause at the word "love". It is a word that has been twisted and misused for many years by the world. I will not expound on the misuse of it because I believe every Christian knows and understands the fault in this new meaning of "love". Basically it replaces "exeptance for sin". But I do want to thank her for never wavering on the true meaning of this profound word found all throughout the Bible. Raising 13 children has been no easy task, but she has never lost sight of Who and for what cause she was and still is raising each of her children for. 

I wouldn't be where I am at today 
 without her. 💜 I love you to my favorite star and back again, Mama! 💫💖💫💖💫   Much love, Renee

• Sad 9
  • LOL 3
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7957.jpeg

💗 TO MAMA- MY BEST FRIEND💗
    A Poem written by Renee Rodrigues in honor of my precious Mama...

As the toddler reaches for an object on the shelf, 
   Not knowing that it may bring harm or danger to herself,
   Her mother quickly scolds her as she leads the babe away, 
   And tells her not to touch the thing she wishes 'or to play.

The years pass by, the baby grows, an active child is she,
   But still she's young and unaware, what Mama's eyes can see.
   In each mistake or wilful sin and choice to disobey,
   Her mama still is standing near, to guide, correct, and pray.
   For in the heart of Mama dear abides a love so rare,
   And from that love she must correct, or else she doesn't care.
   The soul inside her daughters heart is far too great a price,
   To keep from saying something, for the sake of being "nice".
   So still she prays to Jesus, and daily reads His book,
   For with her given duty, it is to God in whom she'll look.

The child grew, a teen was she, and time was fleeting by,
   This once young, babbling toddler was learning how to fly.
   New questions that she'd never asked, new choices she would make,
   New tears of frustration, and the fear of a mistake.
   But all the while her mother, so faithful and sincere, 
   Would give a helpful word, or give a listening ear.
   No matter what the question, no matter what the doubt,
   Her mother never wavered on the things she spoke about.
   Convictions of the past were convictions of today,
   No matter what the sinful world would do, or think, or say.
   Her Mama always warned her to keep her eyes on Christ, 
   And when the battle rages on, "don't give up in the fight."
  Although temptations come along and wordly things appeal, 

This daughter reached adulthood, she now has flown the nest,
   The things her mother taught her are now put to the test.
   And when her faith is weak, or trials come along,
   She thinks about her Mama's words and thinks about her song.
   For no amount of pressure seems to take her Mama down,
   And when it seems she wears a frown, she turns it upside down.
   So child, just remember, through all your passing days, 
   The things your Mama taught you of Jesus and His ways.
   For when your faith is weak, and Satan lurks in stealth, 
   Just remember what your Mama said about,       
            "THE OBJECT ON THE SHELF"

Since I was a young child, Mama (and Daddy as well) trained me to do right, taught me from God's Word, and most importantly, loved me. I want to pause at the word "love". It is a word that has been twisted and misused for many years by the world. I will not expound on the misuse of it because I believe every Christian knows and understands the fault in this new meaning of "love". Basically it replaces "exeptance for sin". But I do want to thank her for never wavering on the true meaning of this profound word found all throughout the Bible. Raising 13 children has been no easy task, but she has never lost sight of Who and for what cause she was and still is raising each of her children for. 

I wouldn't be where I am at today 
 without her. 💜 I love you to my favorite star and back again, Mama! 💫💖💫💖💫   Much love, Renee

For the love of God 🙄

• Like 11
  • Sad 7

I previously  posted that Jill would drag David, Nurie, Kaylee and Renee into this fiasco of her own making.  And here we are.    Is Gideon going to hop onto to his mom’s account next? 
Someone needs to remind Jill that she’s not supposed to be sundering her son’s marriage. 

• Like 18

Does Rene actually comprehend what she writes?

In each mistake or wilful sin and choice to disobey

New tears of frustration, and the fear of a mistake

Although temptations come along and wordly things appeal, 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

On 9/22/2024 at 12:08 AM, oliviabenson said:

AF6A2EA9-2FF7-4DE4-8903-A0B5D6A80CA5.jpeg

Hugs, Mama. Wtf?! Jill is totally nuts. Bri is into being a Rodrigues cult member. What a strange woman Bri is. Sam is in for a life with 2 mamas isn’t he? Mahmo and mama. Mama Mia!

From what we know about Brianne, my guess is that she is LOVING this family divide so she can plant herself firmly in Jill's camp and have a performative platform for all of her worst Fundie beliefs.  Brianne might just be willing and able to out-Fundie Jill and for that, popcorn will be popped while we watch it go down.

On 9/22/2024 at 9:06 AM, ginger90 said:

She’s calling this one a “retreat” following the wedding. 

To be fair, she's probably very tired.  Jill did decorate that one table with Dollar Tree battery operated candles and various dusty fake greenery and I am sure that took a huge amount of effort.  Oh, and she wrote a check for $20 (thanks to Plexus!!) for the rehearsal dinner and probably scampered off to the restrooms when the balance came due.

I am amazed how one kiss started a turf war between so many people.  I guess now we know what happens when they won't let Jill wear a white dress and veil to her son's wedding, or make Tim wheel her down the aisle in her wheelchair with a giant cast on her broken knee.

• Like 20

"exeptance for sin"

Jill's Homeschool for Uneducated, Ignorant and Malnourished Children strikes again.

And Renee has now told us for the 974th time that Mama is her 'best friend'. 475 more times and she will be even with the chosen one, Nurie.

Glad to see Tim pushing back with the subtle digs at Jill's foolishness.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 21
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Does Rene actually comprehend what she writes?

In each mistake or wilful sin and choice to disobey

New tears of frustration, and the fear of a mistake

Although temptations come along and wordly things appeal, 

Sadly, I think she does.

Rene has no idea children can be raised with love, kindness and joy and become moral adults.

• Like 14
  • Sad 6
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sadly, I think she does.

Rene has no idea children can be raised with love, kindness and joy and become moral adults.

I think this is what has opened Timothy's eyes ever so slightly. Seeing Heidi's parents, with pretty much same religious and political beliefs, treat their children like they value them, know them and will support them on whatever path they take.

Yes, the Coverett's have the same horrible beliefs as Dave and Jill and others we snark on. But they also seem to do actual parenting, rather than just beating the spirit out of their children to produce a zombie army for their god.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 24
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But they also seem to do actual parenting, rather than just beating the spirit out of their children to produce a zombie army for their god.

Letting their kids make actual choices.   I 100% believe Heidi chose to wear dresses (for now) because it is clear she had the choice to wear pants.   Her sisters do.  Tim might have argued in private, but he wasn't giving up Heidi over pants.   Especially when he has seen what you wear doesn't actually affect your beliefs.   

Goodness how many churchs have they grifted at where there are women in pants, bare arms and even - gasp - tattoos.   The church does not seem to have be hit by lightning due to this "immodesty."

• Like 16