Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 10/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, AstridM said:

No need to capitalize the word “fall,” Jill. 

I was taught to capitalize the seasons. Of course, this was still when we lived in England, so it would have been autumn, not fall, and I don't know whether seasons are still capitalized over there, but I kept doing it until fairly recently, when it kind of occurred to me that other people didn't seem to do that. Lower case seasons still look wrong to me, though. Is there an actual rule for that?

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was taught to capitalize the seasons. Of course, this was still when we lived in England, so it would have been autumn, not fall, and I don't know whether seasons are still capitalized over there, but I kept doing it until fairly recently, when it kind of occurred to me that other people didn't seem to do that. Lower case seasons still look wrong to me, though. Is there an actual rule for that?

I believe the rules are different for British English. Jill wouldn’t know anything about that! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has posted showing the girls getting pony rides at this church many times.

The clothing color of the day was the coral  outfits, so the little girls are in their performance clothes. Olivia is shown walking the mini pony and she is wearing the same outfit as the performance video.

From 2014Screenshot(521).thumb.png.6f8111c1d13f2093d3b6da3e07c0503c.png

I would have changed them into play clothes first, but okay. 

• Like 9
40 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would have changed them into play clothes first, but okay. 

In JillR’s world there is no such thing as play clothes, there’s the matching color performance clothes and the other modest outfits. The poor kids have to look like ragamuffins in clothes that don’t fit properly for the Jill grift show.

• Sad 11
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The church annually hosts an "old fashion" party. Everyone is supposed to come in costume, which seem to resemble Little House on the Prairie. 

Except for the the Rod kids. They show up in whatever. 

Of course they do, Jill doesn't give a s---. I bet she dresses up though. 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The church annually hosts an "old fashion" party. Everyone is supposed to come in costume, which seem to resemble Little House on the Prairie. 

Except for the the Rod kids. They show up in whatever. 

I am actually surprised that Jill has not managed to grift matching LHOTP dresses plus bonnets for her and the girls.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am actually surprised that Jill has not managed to grift matching LHOTP dresses plus bonnets for her and the girls.  

She doesn't care what they wear. Unless it directly involves her, so what. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She doesn't care what they wear. Unless it directly involves her, so what. 

Well, that's why I said matching dresses for her and the girls.  I am aware that Jill does not care what her girls look like when they leave their house.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The visit to this particular church and the Harvest Festival usually includes the star of the show "Jill and her AMAZING ironing board of cowbells" 😂

No evidence of that this year.

Does she actually use an ironing board?  I don't believe I've ever seen or noticed that!  What a weird woman.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

for an extra laugh - the ironing board cowbell pic I randomly pulled from google seems to be at Pecan Dave Waller's church in Texas.😂

I noticed that. Forgot that they performed there, but I do now remember Jill fawning over Pecan and Prissy. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Jill did put in another post that the church they performed at had a harvest party, so maybe pony rides were part of the festivities? It looks like pink was the designated color for the morning performance. Everyone was dressed more casually for the harvest party audio assault. Jill even had on a baseball bonnet, which surprised me a bit since the performance was in the church. I would have guessed that was a no-no in their culture, even for a non-Sunday-morning service.

“Audio Assault” is a great way to describe what they do.

it would also be a great name for a thrash metal band, but that’s beside the point.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5

I never figured out who Rene’s MM is. But according to Reddit he and his siblings are all college graduates and have jobs even his sisters. Maybe his family uses EBIL birth control too. If that’s true he definitely broke up with Rene… She is no match for him. 

Rene might be a sweet/nice/meek girl but she is so sheltered/uneducated. I blame Dave for that.

• Like 5
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Janessa. She must have been terrified. She looked liked she was laying/hanging on for dear life.

J exists for MAHMO’s SM posts. Jill doesn’t care about anything but likes and showing off how wonderful her life is. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
48 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I never figured out who Rene’s MM is. But according to Reddit he and his siblings are all college graduates and have jobs even his sisters. Maybe his family uses EBIL birth control too. If that’s true he definitely broke up with Rene… She is no match for him. 

Rene might be a sweet/nice/meek girl but she is so sheltered/uneducated. I blame Dave for that.

Sorry, DBD is a non-entity as a father figure. It's all on Jill. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Sorry, DBD is a non-entity as a father figure. It's all on Jill. 

Somebody's gotta sit around and drink hummingbird juice in garish leggings in that family! It won't drink itself. 🤪 

• LOL 22

I listened to a tiny bit of the Rod's latest church takeover, this time with Sam and Gabriel "preaching."  In those precious 15 seconds, I reached my limit of "ummmm's" for the rest of the year.

Not everyone is meant to preach, Jill.  Sammers couldn't even spit out a complete sentence while reading directly from the Bible but then, look who taught him to read.

• Like 4
  • Sad 21

Gabe said Jill is as busy as 3 people. His dearest mommy is always busy and fills her time wisely. She doesn’t waste her time doing dumb poo… Jill is SEVERELY productive. 

She is always going, going, going. 

Guess Jill has good  time management skills according to Gabe…

Guess it’s the caffeine in plexus…

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 16
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I listened to a tiny bit of the Rod's latest church takeover, this time with Sam and Gabriel "preaching."  In those precious 15 seconds, I reached my limit of "ummmm's" for the rest of the year.

Not everyone is meant to preach, Jill.  Sammers couldn't even spit out a complete sentence while reading directly from the Bible but then, look who taught him to read.

I listened to some of Gabe’s. Sam is for later if I can tolerate it. Her sons aren’t very intelligent or so uneducated they can barely string a thought together. I can’t tell. All I know those kids would have been better off in public school receiving services if they had problems with learning…

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
Just now, oliviabenson said:

I listened to some of Gabe’s. Sam is for later if I can tolerate it. Her sons aren’t very intelligent or so uneducated they can barely string a thought together. I can’t tell. All I know those kids would have been better off in public school receiving services if they had problems with learning…

I don't know if they have issues with learning. I really lean towards super poor "schooling". 

• Like 8
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone remember any stories on Gabriel. Like he needed his spirit broken or anything. He seems to be person who has found his place as being the best at honoring mama and daddy.

On the grift tour he is the one that "introduces our dad" and sings the praises of hard working dave.

What was it Jill Dillard said about seeking to be praised for being the best example of....? I feel Gabriel just might be the Rod equivalent of young Jill Duggar.

As for Jill always going, going, going.  100mg of caffeine in the pink drink would be a help there. Then you have the reset every month or so which gives the going, going, going an entirely different meaning.😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
18 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It is! I guess if it is adjustable and the right height it is probably easy to work with. And it folds up. 

Wonder if she remembers to turn the mic off when she opens the ironing board?  Every one I have had sounds heinous when it is opened.  Guess I could try and do something about that.  

• LOL 12

Old fashioned is a term these people throw around all the time. How about a modern sermon, dealing with modern issues? 

I'm sure his preaching was just "delightful" 🙄

Those poor kids, this is their lives. This is what they have to listen to. Do they even have something like CCD for them? At least with this, kids can learn about God and it can be religious in nature but they can make art projects, read books, play games.... the Rod kids seem to sit on benches listening to some old man preach "old fashioned" style for hours on end. How dull. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Old fashioned is a term these people throw around all the time. How about a modern sermon, dealing with modern issues? 

I'm sure his preaching was just "delightful" 🙄

Those poor kids, this is their lives. This is what they have to listen to. Do they even have something like CCD for them? At least with this, kids can learn about God and it can be religious in nature but they can make art projects, read books, play games.... the Rod kids seem to sit on benches listening to some old man preach "old fashioned" style for hours on end. How dull. 

At least she spelled and used  “old fashioned” correctly, lol. It’s a very low bar. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

A screenshot of when she was as usual selling plexus…

How mahdest lol.

No wonder she got 13 kids.

She really posted a picture like that? Does she not know what the implicates? What a moron!!!! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

If Jill had been present at Tim and Heidi’s engagement, she would’ve reacted like this to their immodest frontal hug! 🤣

IMG_8914.png

IMG_8926.jpeg

But she can pose in tight clothing and make suggestive comments and pictures? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5