Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Someone must have said something on the post with the R word. Ma's leg is now "mentally challenged."

Seriously? Ma said it and she already posted it. How about just take out that sentence? 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

I don't believe a word that Jill writes, especially when it comes to her kids. Although I had to laugh as she corrected all of us for worrying and being sad for Renee. She said that "Renee isn't willing to compromise her convictions or beliefs to obtain her MRS degree." That would make her different from her Mahmo, who married the first guy to show interest in her, despite the fact that he was from an UNSAVED home. I think Jill looked at her recently saved future headship and told the Lord, "I'll take it from here!"

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

49D9451C-99CD-4E03-B049-1581D7AD5B30.jpeg

969FA69C-E919-44E7-B1D8-E50E4BC154E4.jpeg

Isn’t “contentedly waiting” the same phrase she used for the Single Woman slated to speak at Jill’s “Ladies’ Retreat”?

also not thrilled with the “perfect husband is a reward for your godliness” blather here. You just know Jill would layer it on thick with guilt trips if Renee isn’t married soon.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 10
  • Sad 2
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Another injury to one of her kids, another ER photo session.  Nothing is off limits.  Those poor kids.

At least she didn't insist on putting 80's make up on his damaged face for the stupid photos. It's not easy to be a Rodlet, but it's probably slightly better to be a male Rodlet....as long as he puts Mahmo front and center his whole life long!

• Like 17

I think Rene got dumped. He saw that she is uneducated and can only quote Bible and doesn’t even understand the Bible. He was probably bored with the limited conversation and the breathy yasss and hehe. And Jill basically revealed his identity even though he asked for anonymity. And last he realized how much $ he’d have to spend to feed Jill and David in various double date restaurants…

The guy wisely ran off. 

And Jill you uneducated clown a MRS degree implies that your daughters attend college. Your daughters can’t pass 8th grade, forget about actual college.

And this clown made 13 kids who will be even more uneducated than Jill the incubator.

Sam looks just like Dave. Poor kid broke his nose but at least he’s not a whimp according to Jill.

I feel sorry for these kids.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 16
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Does Jill want us to think that Renee broke off her relationship with her mystery man because he wanted her to compromise her convictions and beliefs?  

Maybe he told her she doesn't have to be on camera all the time and they could live somewhere away from Jill.  
Renee doesn't know what her own convictions and beliefs are thanks to Jill and Dave.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 13
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Those posts were only to serve notice from Jill to social media that:

A. - Renee is back on the market by her choice because she won't just settle for any old random Fundy guy that runs for the hills once he meets his future mother-in-law, and 

B. - Sammers is a tough guy, NOT a wimp, wuss, or anything less than a manly man, for which I dare say the Mahmo doth protest too much.

None of the posts concerning her kids are really for them - they are used for how she thinks they reflect her BME status to outsiders.  Period.

On regular FB, Jill posted a close up of Sammer's nose. It wasn't that bad, really. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

On regular FB, Jill posted a close up of Sammer's nose. It wasn't that bad, really. 

I loathe when people do this...I am just trying to enjoy my coffee and see what's going on with my FB friends - I do not need to see an up close photo of someone's injury.

I am surprised Jill didn't video the entire trip in the car to the ER and narrate to us what a tough young man her son is.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Why for the love of God does she have the need to do this???? Is there a big market out there for this stuff? 

1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

Does Jill want us to think that Renee broke off her relationship with her mystery man because he wanted her to compromise her convictions and beliefs?  

It feels like she is throwing him under the bus. Almost as if he were trying to lead her astray but she stood firm. Isn't he such a bad guy? Mothers keep your daughters away from him! 

• Like 11
45 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This tells me that they are receiving Medicaid. Otherwise why spend $$$$ on emergency medical care that he could’ve done without. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

This tells me that they are receiving Medicaid. Otherwise why spend $$$$ on emergency medical care that he could’ve done without. 

How would he qualify? He is over 18 and he is more than capable of holding down a job. I had to jump through hoops and practically donate a limb to get my elderly mother with dementia on it. It nearly caused me a nervous breakdown. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 5
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

How would he qualify? He is over 18 and he is more than capable of holding down a job. I had to jump through hoops and practically donate a limb to get my elderly mother with dementia on it. It nearly caused me a nervous breakdown. 

Is he over 18? Even if he is, it’s not that hard to qualify in Ohio if he’s an adult who doesn’t make much money. Ohio expanded its Medicaid program with the ACA. I have an ex who broke his nose twice and never went to the ER because he didn’t have insurance. 

• Useful 5
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Is he over 18? Even if he is, it’s not that hard to qualify in Ohio if he’s an adult who doesn’t make much money. Ohio expanded its Medicaid program with the ACA. I have an ex who broke his nose twice and never went to the ER because he didn’t have insurance. 

Was that recent? I went through all of this with my mom in 2016 but we are in Illinois. Maybe it varies by state? Though I guess if Jill and Hunk are on it, he would be too. My son was on his father's until he turned 26 and then he did the ACA. 

But the main point is, why is she posting his broken nose??? Ugh! 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Was that recent? I went through all of this with my mom in 2016 but we are in Illinois. Maybe it varies by state? Though I guess if Jill and Hunk are on it, he would be too. My son was on his father's until he turned 26 and then he did the ACA. 

But the main point is, why is she posting his broken nose??? Ugh! 

It is absolutely sickening that she is exploiting him like this, no matter what insurance he has or doesn’t have. I absolutely think they have everyone on Medicaid, though, because why seek professional medical care that will cost thousands (even for something so simple) when a couple ice packs and some Tylenol would do the trick? Especially for tough, manly men! I fell on my face on the ice a few years ago (yes, I had been drinking 😆) and ended up with 2 black eyes and a nose that clicked when I touched the bridge.  I didn’t seek medical help even though I had insurance, because I still would’ve had to have paid a huge deductible. My bruises and nose all healed perfectly with just ice and rest. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I was a little surprised. I broke my nose several years ago, although mine was due to a face plant on a concrete driveway. I had two black eyes, one swollen shut. I went to the ER because I also needed stitches and I lived in a rural area at the time (no urgent care). There really isn't anything to be done with a broken nose unless it's so badly dislocated you need surgery.

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Was that recent? I went through all of this with my mom in 2016 but we are in Illinois. Maybe it varies by state? Though I guess if Jill and Hunk are on it, he would be too. 

The state won't kick Sammers off of Medicaid on his 18th birthday.  There is a grace period where he would still get coverage, and said grace period can get extended as long as Sammers is still a student.  Once he graduates from the Joyful Noyes Homeschool, things change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The state won't kick Sammers off of Medicaid on his 18th birthday.  There is a grace period where he would still get coverage, and said grace period can get extended as long as Sammers is still a student.  Once he graduates from the Joyful Noyes Homeschool, things change.

So Joyful Noyes counts as "school"? Even though we all know it is a pile of b---s---. But I guess I get it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So Joyful Noyes counts as "school"? Even though we all know it is a pile of b---s---. But I guess I get it. 

I remember researching the homeschool laws in Ohio, and I quickly realized why the Rods moved where they did.  It counts as school because Jill moved her family to a place where there is some willing to turn a blind eye to her curriculum and give their stamp of approval.  It's either a sympathetic superintendent or a licensed teacher.  If something happens to that individual, then expect the barndo will be on the market in record time.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 7
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I remember researching the homeschool laws in Ohio, and I quickly realized why the Rods moved where they did.  It counts as school because Jill moved her family to a place where there is some willing to turn a blind eye to her curriculum and give their stamp of approval.  It's either a sympathetic superintendent or a licensed teacher.  If something happens to that individual, then expect the barndo will be on the market in record time.

Ugh, those poor kids. No food, no education, no fun and a lunatic for a mother (and deadbeat dad). 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I did the paperwork to get my housekeeper's daughter on it when she was 18 or 19 and had a serious burn.  It took about two hours.  They paid back to her first ER visit.  

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I did the paperwork to get my housekeeper's daughter on it when she was 18 or 19 and had a serious burn.  It took about two hours.  They paid back to her first ER visit.  

I can't imagine Jill taking that much time to do anything for her kids. 

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Lady Voldemort how do you breathe with no nose/nostrils?

CAF44219-757B-4B7C-8A7E-9219983D8CC1.jpeg

The filters Jill used to protect her giant ego are ridiculous! She's so delusional, she's probably convinced herself that she actually looks like that! Missing nostrils and all!

• Like 6
  • LOL 11
12 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

The filters Jill used to protect her giant ego are ridiculous! She's so delusional, she's probably convinced herself that she actually looks like that! Missing nostrils and all!

I was just going to say this is ridiculous. Does she seriously think we believe that is what she looks like? She really is as bad as the Silva Twins from 90 Day Fiance because they do this crap. I bet if she could get work done she would do it in a heartbeat. I think Jill missed her calling. 

Even Renee, who is still basically a kid, barely has a nose. 

• Like 11
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Someone must have said something on the post with the R word. Ma's leg is now "mentally challenged."

Someone with a beloved family member who was teased and taunted with the R word may have complained to Facebook.  Mentally challenged isn't much better but I guess it's a start. 

10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Seriously? Ma said it and she already posted it. How about just take out that sentence? 

Exactly!

• Like 12
13 minutes ago, Abmis said:

Someone with a beloved family member who was teased and taunted with the R word may have complained to Facebook.  Mentally challenged isn't much better but I guess it's a start. 

Exactly!

I thought I read somewhere that she has a friend or a plexus person who has a child with a disability and it is possible that person "talked" to her. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 7
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought I read somewhere that she has a friend or a plexus person who has a child with a disability and it is possible that person "talked" to her. 

I believe it's her friend Betsy who went to Gold School with her. I looked at her FB last night and if anyone commented on the original post, that evidence is gone. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I can't imagine Jill taking that much time to do anything for her kids. 

In Ohio, it’s a joint application for SNAP/food stamps and Medicaid. Fairly simple to complete. 

56 minutes ago, Abmis said:

Exactly!

Had someone complained to FB, her account would’ve been put into FB jail. That’s what she deserved. 

56 minutes ago, Abmis said:

Exactly!

Had someone complained to FB, her account would’ve been put into FB jail. That’s what she deserved. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

It is absolutely sickening that she is exploiting him like this, no matter what insurance he has or doesn’t have. I absolutely think they have everyone on Medicaid, though, because why seek professional medical care that will cost thousands (even for something so simple) when a couple ice packs and some Tylenol would do the trick? Especially for tough, manly men! I fell on my face on the ice a few years ago (yes, I had been drinking 😆) and ended up with 2 black eyes and a nose that clicked when I touched the bridge.  I didn’t seek medical help even though I had insurance, because I still would’ve had to have paid a huge deductible. My bruises and nose all healed perfectly with just ice and rest. 

Do we know Sam went to an ER rather than an urgent care center? The walk-in place near me does x-rays and sutures among other things. It's much cheaper and faster than an ER, and it takes most health insurances. A mildly broken nose is not a life-threatening injury, and would make a long, expensive visit to a hospital, mostly sitting and waiting. 

I cracked my nose diving into a swimming pool many years ago. I didn't have anyone look at it because it was still on my face straight. Ice packs to the rescue. 

• Like 11
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Do we know Sam went to an ER rather than an urgent care center? The walk-in place near me does x-rays and sutures among other things. 

Ooooh good call!  I think if it was a hospital, it would have been another Rod Family Field Trip where someone was "saved" while they all waited and everyone asked for smiley tracts to give to their friends.  We certainly would have had several videos of the kids playing freeze tag or hide'n'seek or any other Wildly Inappropriate For An Emergency Room game.  

Not much to do in an urgent care waiting room.  Not even a snack machine. 

And now the pictures of her and Renee's missing noses? What a week to be a nose in the Rodrigues household!

• Like 1
  • LOL 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Horseback riding attire, screenshot from a video:

CDCC19C8-15EB-4313-ABC3-5B2D415D01E0.jpeg

Good Lord, that is a party dress. Does this idiot not see how her kids are dressing? Find wear a skirt but something that a kid could play in. 

• Like 14

Jill did put in another post that the church they performed at had a harvest party, so maybe pony rides were part of the festivities? It looks like pink was the designated color for the morning performance. Everyone was dressed more casually for the harvest party audio assault. Jill even had on a baseball bonnet, which surprised me a bit since the performance was in the church. I would have guessed that was a no-no in their culture, even for a non-Sunday-morning service.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2

Jill has posted showing the girls getting pony rides at this church many times.

The clothing color of the day was the coral  outfits, so the little girls are in their performance clothes. Olivia is shown walking the mini pony and she is wearing the same outfit as the performance video.

From 2014Screenshot(521).thumb.png.6f8111c1d13f2093d3b6da3e07c0503c.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 6