Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Do you think Jill is trying to get Plexus sales into the Church grift via Renee? Like, Jill knows that even her marks will say no to adding Plexus in with the cd, book and donation box, but a Godly young woman earning money to do Godly things might get a foot in the door? 

Otherwise, I really can't see what Renee is going to bring to the table. Her friends are all Jill's friends and I doubt they'll buy from Renee if they aren't already buying from Jill.

How is selling Plexus “godly” though?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Imagine what Jill's magic tweezers could do to the eyebrows on the Coverett women. She'd have them all sporting sperm-brows like poor Nurie. 

I think Heidi will prefer to keep her brows. I hope so. This is one of many tests the poor young woman will face while dealing with a cunning, jealous mother-in-law.

• Sad 10
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Imagine what Jill's magic tweezers could do to the eyebrows on the Coverett women. She'd have them all sporting sperm-brows like poor Nurie. 

I think Heidi will prefer to keep her brows. I hope so. This is one of many tests the poor young woman will face while dealing with a cunning, jealous mother-in-law.

I hope Heidi's parents don't abandon her like Anna's have.  I get the feeling that Heidi has a pretty supportive family.

• Like 17
12 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

But didn't Mahmo get on her SEVERELY injured knee not long ago and beg - just BEG - the Lord Daniel to send Timmay a wife? 🤔

She begged for YEARS for Tim to find a wife on that SEVERELY injured knee 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I hope Heidi's parents don't abandon her like Anna's have.  I get the feeling that Heidi has a pretty supportive family.

As much as I dont agree with them, they seem pretty warm. 

• Like 9
8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Actually, her husband is all the way on the right. I saw her holding hands with him in another pic, so even though he looks like he could be a sibling, he's not!

I thought for sure he was a sibling. So the Coveretts only have six kids? Do they even count as fundies with only six blessings? 

5 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Or, maybe, he's learning that his sisters-in-law actually AREN'T sluttish. 

He's probably picturing Heidi in one of those sluttish dresses. 

I sincerely hope that Tim can break away from his nutjob mother. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 16

I saw Heidi's mom wrote in the comments that the proposal happened during family photoshoot. That was their excuse to get her dressed up and at the park.

They arranged the photoshoot, and Heidi at first didn't know Tim was there 

• Like 7
  • Useful 8

So Tim and his almost-new in-laws scheduled the surprise proposal while BME was away on one of her "yearly" vacations? Interesting. 

Could this explain why Jill has been a bit huffy lately and took a full week to mention the proposal herself?

• Like 18
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

So Tim and his almost-new in-laws scheduled the surprise proposal while BME was away on one of her "yearly" vacations? Interesting. 

Could this explain why Jill has been a bit huffy lately and took a full week to mention the proposal herself?

Yep, Jilly is pissed that she was left out and that one of her kids did something independently of her. I'm glad she's mad. 

May Tim and Heidi be the first of many independent-Rod moves to come. I just hope that Spiteful Mama doesn't ruin their wedding. 

• Like 21
14 minutes ago, Heathen said:

May Tim and Heidi be the first of many independent-Rod moves to come. I just hope that Spiteful Mama doesn't ruin their wedding. 

Pastor: If anyone here has a reason why Tim!  And Heidi should not be joined in holy wedlock, speak now or - 

Jill: (clears throat, stands up, and motions to her offspring to join her at the front of the church for a holy rendition of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover."

• LOL 22
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

I thought for sure he was a sibling. So the Coveretts only have six kids? Do they even count as fundies with only six blessings? 

Not all fundies are quiverfull.  The ones we talk about generally are.  

Although if Jill is the one a person has been most exposed to, she would make it seem a basic requirement.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 10

No wonder Jill is pissed she rightfully wasn’t invited to the engagement photoshoot. Jill would have made it all about her and been horribly singing and shoving herself into every photo/video.

Huh Heidi and her mom got your number Jill the spotlight hog! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 6

I wonder how far JillR's hurt will go? Has Jill decided to shun(ish) Tim? Will T&H be invited to hang with the Rods for the upcoming holidays? I'm sure she'll keep them in her family pictures, because she likes the numbers. Maybe no FL for Tim (&Heidi) next year.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how far JillR's hurt will go? Has Jill decided to shun(ish) Tim? Will T&H be invited to hang with the Rods for the upcoming holidays? I'm sure she'll keep them in her family pictures, because she likes the numbers. Maybe no FL for Tim (&Heidi) next year.

I'd argue that waiting to congratulate her oldest son and his fiancee on their engagement was a Jill-shun. No way that was an accident. 

• Like 15
22 hours ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC Ruby is the next step for Jill, but there are still a few more steps to the top of the Plexus pyramid. I think the sister wives are emerald which is the top or at least up there.

Don’t you mean “tippy top”?  That’s what Jill always says because “top” is apparently not high enough to suit her.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Tim has been on the wrong side of BME many times. He's used to it. Usually, a bunch of flowers and a sappy card set things right until the next transgression. 

There's no way Jill can stop Kaylee and Jonathan from hanging out with the newest Rodrigues family. Renee is old enough to go with them. David does what he wants.

Queen Jill's little empire may be slowly crumbling. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

I'd argue that waiting to congratulate her oldest son and his fiancee on their engagement was a Jill-shun. No way that was an accident. 

Agree. But is that just the beginning?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Is Jill going to make Renee co-chair the Single Teen/Young Adult Adult Ladies group with Miss Ashley Tucker, who is a sweet, twenty-eight-year-old, single Christian lady?  Miss Tucker waits with contentment for the right man to come along and rescue her. She's Dobby the Tucker House Elf at this point, I suspect. 

Poor Renee. I wonder how content she is after her mother (probably) drove off her Mystery Man. Jill is vicious. 

Jill is not a "full-time ministry wife." She's a frenzied Plexus Pusher with a lazy husband. Who's she trying to fool? Blah, blah, blah. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
9 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Heidi should avoid wearing a headpiece at her wedding! 

And DON'T let MIL Jill do your hair.  Even if she begs.  Even if she gets down on her severely bad knee to beg.  JUST SAY NO.

Actually, I think her sisters will have the dress and hair covered.  At least I hope so.

• Like 17
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim has been on the wrong side of BME many times. He's used to it. Usually, a bunch of flowers and a sappy card set things right until the next transgression. 

There's no way Jill can stop Kaylee and Jonathan from hanging out with the newest Rodrigues family. Renee is old enough to go with them. David does what he wants.

Queen Jill's little empire may be slowly crumbling. 

I hope Renee realizes this.

• Like 9
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I take back what I said about Tim's attire in the family picture.  He did get the memo on what to wear.  He wore blue, like everyone else.  This might be his only blue shirt, but he blended in well.  And made an effort.  Good for him.

He did got the memo because all of that was organised solely for the proposal.

Does Heidi's family also homeschool?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is a hostess with the least amount of pizazz and she is not a HoHo either. 

eh it’s not funny and very clunky. 

Sorry everyone.

Hostess Jill is most certainly a dingdong!

• Like 3
  • LOL 16