Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m very surprised they let people other than the parents in to see, and touch the baby. Shocked is probably a better word.

Do we know that they did?   The people touching the baby on the videos were Kaylee and Jonathan.  The video of the hospital room ( with the giant stuffed animal) was Kaylee’s  room not the NICU.  Presumably  someone got close enough to film Kaylee and Jonathan in the NICU-but  that could have been a nurse. You can hear nurses having a conversation on the video. 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Do we know that they did?   The people touching the baby on the videos were Kaylee and Jonathan.  The video of the hospital room ( with the giant stuffed animal) was Kaylee’s  room not the NICU.  Presumably  someone got close enough to film Kaylee and Jonathan in the NICU-but  that could have been a nurse. You can hear nurses having a conversation on the video. 

There's a video of Samuel patting Gideon on his back. 

• Mind Blown 9
3 minutes ago, GoldenBear01 said:

There's a video of Samuel patting Gideon on his back. 

Oops/ I don’t know the kids by sight.  I thought that was Jonathon.  However - Jill hasn’t posted a photo of  herself with that baby has she?   That seems like something  she’d  have done if she could 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes, I know they did. Jill posted pictures. Why would I make that up?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, I know they did. Jill posted pictures. Why would I make that up?

I didn’t say that you made it up. I was obviously wrong on my thoughts on the situation.    I erroneously thought Samuel was Jonathan.  I also mistakenly thought the video of another sibling touching the baby was Kaylee in street clothes- but I since rewatched it and turned up the volume of the video of Kaylee’s room.  

I agree they should not be in the NICU and I thought that when the NICU allowed the whole Duggar family to troop in to see Josie. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn’t say that you made it up. I was obviously wrong on my thoughts on the situation.    I erroneously thought Samuel was Jonathan.  I also mistakenly thought the video of another sibling touching the baby was Kaylee in street clothes- but I since rewatched it and turned up the volume of the video of Kaylee’s room.  

I agree they should not be in the NICU and I thought that when the NICU allowed the whole Duggar family to troop in to see Josie. 

Yes, all the Duggars marched in to see her. But that was before covid (which is still going on). When you know better, you're supposed to do better. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Yes, all the Duggars marched in to see her. But that was before covid (which is still going on). When you know better, you're supposed to do better. 

I don’t know how to post anything here, but an hour ago Jill posted several pics/videos from the children’s hospital in Akron, Ohio.  That’s where the baby is now.  I couldn’t believe what I saw.  UNBELIEVABLE.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 5
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 2

And yup, the Rods are gathered together in the NICU making germy loud spectacles of themselves by singing, praying and pawing at the baby.

Once again I have never seen such lax rules about guarding the health and wellbeing of patients needing hospital care.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 15
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

She got her grubby hands on him...

358588438_3430678583837137_6918453494299021780_n.jpg

I didn’t see this one on her Facebook last night - so now I’ve been proved incorrect on every comment I mentioned - because I was sure she would have  posted this one first if it had happened.   

Edited to add:  I went to Facebook and looked at the new post.  OMG /. They over stressed  that baby to the max.  His heart rate must have climbed sky high.  That’s without even thinking about the germs 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 15
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill wearing her rings and a bracelet while touching the baby, is near the top of my list of inappropriate infection control. 

Unbelievable! I could see her taking all that off and sanitizing her hands.... but seriously? 

Just now, BradandJanet said:

And that grungy bible on the incubator. It's probably the same one Jill uses to do her broadcasts from the poop chair in the barndo bathroom?

Ugh, I didn't notice that at first! 

• Like 9
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill wearing her rings and a bracelet while touching the baby, is near the top of my list of inappropriate infection control. 

I agree. 

Poor baby being pawed at like a stuffed bear and sang to. He must be like wtf is this noise? Leave me alone.

Yes Jesause is saving the baby/Not doctors and medicine…

These people are ridiculous.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 12
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It was more or less the first thing I saw, being all front and center like that. And, even though I'm pretty laid back about germs as a general rule, the sight of that Bible made me gag. Of all the things that probably harbor generations worth of germs, that Bible is probably one of the top contenders.

Same here. I hope the little guy won't be harmed by that microbe-fest that literally invaded his space via those grubby hands. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
9 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It was more or less the first thing I saw, being all front and center like that. And, even though I'm pretty laid back about germs as a general rule, the sight of that Bible made me gag. Of all the things that probably harbor generations worth of germs, that Bible is probably one of the top contenders.

Shouldn't they have the Bible memorized by now? I get wanting to say a prayer but they had to drag that out? Can they  not wait? 

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
6 minutes ago, zenme said:

But if they don’t carry their bible around, rather than just speak from the heart, the doctors and nurses won’t know just how Godly they are.

Yes, my best friend's husband was giving a speech at his daughter's graduation party and  made it all about wanting to introduce people to Jesus all while waving around his Bible. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 10

I wonder how many photos of this totally casual and not posed performative bullshit one of the kids had to take of MeMe.  I’m guessing it was more than one. At every chance she just ups the ridiculousness.

• Like 16
  • Sad 3
41 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Same here. I hope the little guy won't be harmed by that microbe-fest that literally invaded his space via those grubby hands. 

Also to your point, no one in the Rod cult is ever allowed private space, even if that space is an incubator. Little Gideon is getting his first life lesson pretty early. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 21
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

I hope Gideon is the only baby in the unit now. Because if I was there with my child I’d be pissed at the parade of germs, performative bullshit, and singing. And I would definitely make myself heard.  A NICU is meant to be a calming space where a child with various health issues can heal in peace. This is why Jill pressured Kaylee to stay nearby. So she could be in their business 24/7. Nurie has it so much better. 

I believe this hospital has individual rooms.

• Useful 11
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

A NICU is meant to be a calming space where a child with various health issues can heal in peace.

Gosh, that sentence makes me sad, because Gideon is never going to know a moment's peace - especially as MeMe's special little miracle grandbaby - unless Jonathan wakes the hell up and moves his family at least 1,000 miles away from that circus.

• Like 12
  • Sad 6
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Gosh, that sentence makes me sad, because Gideon is never going to know a moment's peace - especially as MeMe's special little miracle grandbaby - unless Jonathan wakes the hell up and moves his family at least 1,000 miles away from that circus.

Which he won't do, but one can hope. 

That poor baby. 

• Sad 13

These are the visiting rules where my daughter had her children. 

Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)

Two parents/guardians, 24 hours/day.

Plus, two additional visitors, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Only two at bedside.

Why oh why does not the hospital in Akron have something similar?  It makes so much sense.  

I'm guessing this is the Akron NICU and their rules:

Age Restrictions:Children under 14 must be siblings.

Restrictions on # of visitors:4 at bedside at a time                                                                    

Parents and legal guardians are welcome at any time.

All other visitors may visit from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Children may visit. Children under 14 must be siblings.

Each Family may have no more than 4 people at the bedside at any given time.

Please do not visit if you have cold or flu symptoms; you are encouraged to call in for updates on your baby and use NICView cameras.

All parents and visitors have the option to wear a mask when in the hospital.

6 minutes ago, AstridM said:

In the NICU?

Many newly built or remodeled NICUs do have separate rooms for privacy.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 8

Did you notice when they were singing "Jesus love you" that Jill panned to the woman in the headscarf?

And YES to everyone mentioning the disturbance, germs and general inappropriateness of the whole family.

• Like 17
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1

Jill is so intrusive and obnoxious. The bible on the incubator would be the last straw. Get the fuck out and stay out. I can't imagine Jill coming into my room or even near my premature baby and start singing in her wretched voice. The sad thing is, is that Kaylee thinks the world of her mother and wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 7
On 7/6/2023 at 9:14 AM, Notabug said:

I would hope that Kaylee's OB provider educates her as to the risks of closely spaced pregnancies.  Now that she has had one child born after preterm labor, she has a significant risk of having preterm deliveries with all of them.  Closely spacing pregnancy is another risk factor for preterm birth.  It has been shown that women who conceive less than 9 months after the end of the preceding pregnancy are far more likely to deliver prematurely.

Obviously, Kaylee cannot change her history of preterm labor and delivery.  What she can do is to avoid pregnancy for a minimum of 9 months since Gideon's delivery, preferably with a reliable form of contraception.  Avoiding obvious risk factors for poor outcomes is common sense, which I am afraid Kaylee and Jonathan don't have.

I doubt this poor, uneducated, isolated girl would even understand the very basic medical language you just described about her own body.

• Like 7
  • Sad 23
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I doubt this poor, uneducated, isolated girl would even understand the very basic medical language you just described about her own body.

But she will keep nodding and smiling as she's been trained. She may appear to understand or agree, but if someone asks her a question, she'll be stumped. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 13
  • Thanks 1

Jill and her poop covered Bible and jewelry can stay away from the hospital. The Rod family circus is not helping baby to get better whatsoever.

It’s also nice to see that David wore his filthy bowling shirt as usual. 

I noticed that Philip looks much better since he got a job. It’s obvious that his precious mahmo didn’t feed him enough.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Abmis said:

f Jonathan and Kayleigh are staying at some place like Ronald McDonald House Jill will also have a fit that they won't let a dozen or so grubby Rods stay there.

Oh Jill will be FURIOUS that free accomodations will not be made available to her (she doesn't care about the kids, they can stay home with Renee.  She DESERVES everything free).   

Even if they are separate rooms, I highly doubt all that caterwauling is confined to little Gideon's room.   I would be right there with @SMamamaking a scene until the nurses did something.   Just because they want to be obnoxous does not mean it needs to affect the peace and quiet my baby may need.   Someone needs to go to the patient advocate over this and take it all the way up the chain -- to the Board if necessary.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 14
(edited)

I hope the blanket was whisked off and replaced the minute they left.

I kept cringing at all those hands all over the poor baby and everyone in uncovered street clothes that who knows when they were last washed. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 9
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Thank goodness this little guy wasn't born in the fall or winter when respiratory viruses are like little terrorists just waiting to pounce. Not that they're not around now, but the odds are in Gideon's favor.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
(edited)

I am thoroughly upset and saddened by all of these reports of the behavior in the hospital.  I have no understanding of why the hospital is allowing this circus to go on.

Do we even know if Kaylee saw a doctor during her pregnancy?  These idiots aren't ever going to listen to an "of the world" doctor.  They know better and they'll follow Gods plan, not the plan of a doctor.  They also know that a woman has no worth beyond her womb so if a baby/birth kills her, so be it. 

People are wondering why Jill is able to still exert control over her sons-in-laws? Because both of them are spineless wimps who have been told what to do their entire lives.  They aren't standing up to anyone. She wouldn't choose anyone different.  And also because this cult is built on a foundation of hypocrisy.  They don't even follow their own rules. 

The one I am happy for is Phillip.  He's filled out, is looking healthy and is probably more fulfilled in his life than he ever has been before.  He's doing something for himself, unsupervised, outside of the home.  If only one of the girls would ever be given the same chance. 

Here's the thing: what do you expect them to do?  They are not going to antagonize the family during a stressful time if they can help it.  There have been way too many instances with visitors becoming verbally or physically abusive and threatening; the staff doesn't want to provoke that kind of situation

Oh no, I completely understand this and also the unfortunate situations nurses are continually put in.  My thinking is actually for the other families that are on the floor and in close proximity, dealing with their own stressful time.  Poor Gideon is a sad byproduct of what he's been born into, as is Kaylee.  This comes with the territory for them.  But if I were a fellow patient dealing with a sick baby, and this large group descended onto the floor, singing, no less, I would have a very hard time with that.  You are correct, we don't have specific details.  I am merely imagining the potential disruption.

Edited by Kiki620
Responded to a post I was quoted in.
  • Like 14
  • Applause 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I am thoroughly upset and saddened by all of these reports of the behavior in the hospital.  I have no understanding of why the hospital is allowing this circus to go on.

Here's the thing: what do you expect them to do?  They are not going to antagonize the family during a stressful time if they can help it.  There have been way too many instances with visitors becoming verbally or physically abusive and threatening; the staff doesn't want to provoke that kind of situation.

We also do not know how long the Rods actually spent with the baby, nor that the staff didn't usher them all out of there after a couple of minutes.  

It appears that Gideon is at Akron Children's Hospital, which is a top notch pediatric hospital with an excellent reputation.

Here are NICU visitor rules which are in addition to regular visitation guidelines.

Akron:

Quiet Hours:10 PM – 7 AM

Age Restrictions:Children under 14 must be siblings.

Restrictions on # of visitors:4 at bedside at a time                                                                    

Parents and legal guardians are welcome at any time.

All other visitors may visit from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Children may visit. Children under 14 must be siblings.

Each Family may have no more than 4 people at the bedside at any given time.

Please do not visit if you have cold or flu symptoms; you are encouraged to call in for updates on your baby and use NICView cameras.

All parents and visitors have the option to wear a mask when in the hospital.

We understand that these restrictions are difficult for families with a baby in the NICU. Please know that these guidelines are in place to keep your baby safe and healthy, as well as you and our hospital staff. Our focus is on the health of your baby and we ask that you join us in that focus.

We are committed to providing the best possible care for your baby.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 7

I doubt that Jill would respect any of the rules this hospital has. I also would not allow jewelry on the wrists and fingers in that NICU incubator. I would also recommend since has fake, filthy nails with polish, that she should use sterile medical gloves since she insists on touching that pool child. I agree that that bible has been "everywhere" and has no place in the NICU and certainly not on top of it! She should have left it in the car. Where are these videos that you are referring to about the singing, the dirty shirt, etc? I don't have access to their instagram, etc. Can they be posted here? Thank you.

• Like 10
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Here's the thing: what do you expect them to do?  They are not going to antagonize the family during a stressful time if they can help it.  There have been way too many instances with visitors becoming verbally or physically abusive and threatening; the staff doesn't want to provoke that kind of situation.

We also do not know how long the Rods actually spent with the baby, nor that the staff didn't usher them all out of there after a couple of minutes.  

It appears that Gideon is at Akron Children's Hospital, which is a top notch pediatric hospital with an excellent reputation.

Here are NICU visitor rules which are in addition to regular visitation guidelines.

I would expect them to enforce the rules for the health and safety of a vulnerable infant. I give a pass on the family seeing the baby, but the hands things... nope. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 12
(edited)

If only siblings under 14 are allowed, what the fuck is 10/11 year old Auntie Olivia doing there? They're breaking rules all over the place. And baby looked stressed during the caterwauling. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Normal people would be amazed at what nurses have to put up with.  Normal people follow all the rules and appreciate what you are doing for their child.  Trust me, as a nurse you really appreciate the normal families.

We once had a baby that had been in our ICU for several weeks.  The parents decided that that was great time to remodel their bathroom.  When we called and told them the good news that their baby was being dismissed the next day, they actually asked if he could stay for another week so they could finish the remodel.  Our neonatologist said the baby could stay, but the parents would have to pay $3000 a day, since there was no medical reason.  They took their baby home on schedule.  Families do, and expect, really strange things.  I do feel very sorry for the staff and visitors that have to deal with the mess that is the Rod clan.

I could understand a young couple being afraid to take their baby home after something like this, but a remodel? 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1