Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Check out Sex Pest taking a selfie in pic #7 while the maternal grands are walking down the aisle. Stay classy Smuggar!

I feel like Jill's mother is more fundie than David's mother, who actually looks pretty normal. Even so, Jill's mother does not nearly have the same love affair with makeup that her daughter has...just the 80s hair. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

I'm also 39, and I'm pretty sure I look my age. I used to look young for my age, but my 3rd child aged me 10 years overnight with health problems her first few months of life (she's fine now), and my 4th baby had similar health problems, so my age caught up to me. I imagine a similar scenario transpired with Esther. However, after our 4th baby also had health problems and doctors couldn't tell us why, my husband and I decided not to have more children. Even though their health problems resolved on their own over time, it was exhausting to take care of their complex needs during those first six months, and we also took into account how much that took away from my time with our other children.

I don't know the details about Esther and John's children, but I do know that no matter how much of a toll it takes on her to be a mother of 12 on the mission field, stopping the growth of their family is not seen as an option. Considering her circumstances, I'd say she looks about as well as can be expected.

Agree

.I'd feel terrible if I kept popping out babies others had to supoort.But they just keep going at it

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

8 pictures:

Didn’t even name the people. Guess they weren’t important enough for her. Or didn’t give her $$$.

24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's the first time I've seen Shrek's mother. Not at all what I expected.

He got her teeth! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Wow the wedding was pretty empty . And boring if Josh was taking selfies for his match.com account 

I haven't seen any non-relatives except for Sidney Dingus. I'll assume her husband was there. 

Is the preacher Sidney's dad (preacher at Joy Baptist)?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

And did they really need so "support people:"  4  ushers, 5 greeters (??), and 2 guest book attendants?  There was a lot of redundancy there!  

I think Jill expected a large amount of people. It seems Very few showed up. I wonder what gifts she got if any. Jill has yet to post the gift pile. We all know how much MAMA loves gifts. Poor Nurthan probably got nothing.

Im just happy that Jill is pissed off for whatever reason. Yeah I’m petty like that.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The marriage that Jill expected to elevate her social status (ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER!!!) has apparently not done its job. The Duggars really shut that down. Such a shame. Maybe Jill can do better with her next offspring, but I kind of doubt it. On the other hand, a farmer for Kaylee would  provide free food for the hoard. 

Jill is further off to attach herself to Pris and Pecan. Priscilla is probably thrilled with a new "sister-in-love" and Pecan can hook the other Rodlets up with spouses.

The Smuggars have no clout and as awesome as it would be to see a NotNurie marry a Howler, Pecan would be able to find them a better husband. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

And did they really need so "support people:"  4  ushers, 5 greeters (??), and 2 guest book attendants?  There was a lot of redundancy there!  

Speaking of guestbook, did y’all notice how thick that book was?  How many guests did she expect to show up, 2000?

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

David’s mom actually wore a dress that fits and is sleeveless! Jill must have thought what a hussy/sluttish outfit.

She has also been seen at Jill's house wearing pants.I wonder if Jill ever lectures her on the virtue of wearing skirts

11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Speaking of guestbook, did y’all notice how thick that book was?  How many guests did she expect to show up, 2000?

Idk.I'm guessing the first few pages might be followed by the bible?

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, sondraK said:

She has also been seen at Jill's house wearing pants.I wonder if Jill ever lectures her on the virtue of wearing skirts

Probably. I don't out anything past that woman. She has demonstrated a lack of tact on many occasions.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Check out Sex Pest taking a selfie in pic #7 while the maternal grands are walking down the aisle. Stay classy Smuggar!

I feel like Jill's mother is more fundie than David's mother, who actually looks pretty normal. Even so, Jill's mother does not nearly have the same love affair with makeup that her daughter has...just the 80s hair. 

Who is the man with a very thick beard in that picture? I swear to God I thought he was wearing a mask!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I’m pretty sure that “guestbook” is a Bible. I’ve been to weddings where the couple had guests mark and sign their favorite bible verses, one used a journaling bible so guests could leave messages next to their favorite verse. That doesn’t appear to be the case here though. It looks like they are using the first few pages of the Bible as signature pages. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BEE3A96C-50A9-4434-AEA6-093B01AF73EC.jpeg

Jill, you may not be sick but look at the pale coloring and thin hair of those two children.  They do not look healthy at all, and if I saw this picture without knowing who you were, I would think they were fighting a very serious illness.  Stop posting your crap and start feeding your children good nutrition.  

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Yep Duggar boys are useless none have jobs. All live off daddy’s allowance.

Money is money. I think any son- or daughter-in-law who has access to cash and the gifts it can buy will please Jill just fine. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

One of the greeters seems to be wearing an oversized sexy evening dress with a bulky t-shirt underneath. WTF. She looks ridiculous

It looks like her prom got called off, so she stuffed a shirt underneath and went out.LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

One of the greeters seems to be wearing an oversized sexy evening dress with a bulky t-shirt underneath. WTF. She looks ridiculous

She looks like a little girl playing dress up by putting the thrift store evening gown on over the shirt she was already wearing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Energy up? Weight down? Sounds like speed. 😁

I've tried both*, the difference is speed works.

*I took speed back in the early 80s when cross tops were floating around like candy and I thought anything that got me through a 6 hour shift at a department store with my sanity intact was worth the risks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

That Plath boy has a nice body but facially...not my idea of hot. If you look at the pictures without super Photoshop and touch-up, he definitely doesn't look as good. Unpopular opinion but I think face-wise a couple of the Duggar boys and a couple of the Bates boys have him beat. But sense he apparently has a mind and not hateful beliefs, he trumps them in every other way. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

*I took speed back in the early 80s when cross tops were floating around like candy and I thought anything that got me through a 6 hour shift at a department store with my sanity intact was worth the risks.

I'm much more concerned that you tried Plexus.

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BEE3A96C-50A9-4434-AEA6-093B01AF73EC.jpeg

I assumed she was saying that those two kids were sick, but SHE wasn't because of Plexus - and I was astonished that she hoarded the medicinal Plexus for only herself. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jill's promotion begins by saying God protects her from illness (coronavirus). Then she slides right into suggesting Plexus is responsible by keeping her immune system strong. Is it God or Plexus, Jill? Get your claims straight. Also, there's no reason for the kids to be in the ad because we know she doesn't waste that expensive stuff on the help. Jill the shady snake oil pusher. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Nysha said:

Hello, white cross buddy!!  You are not the only one who got through some hectic and difficult times thanks to better living through modern chemistry.  Of course I don't use anything these days, but if given the choice, I'd still opt for a dose of mother's little helper rather than the plexus that Jill shills.  Yes, I'd trust the ingredients of a street drug before I'd try any plexus product.  (I refuse to capitalize the name of that expensive garbage.) 

• Love 7
On 8/2/2020 at 8:28 AM, doodlebug said:

The Keller kids could've just as easily planned it for the rehearsal dinner or brunch on Sunday.  The Kellers surely could've celebrated a day early or late.  However, I suspect Jill encouraged and wanted them to have the party on the same day as Nurie's wedding.  I presume, if they paid to rent the gym, the Keller kids paid at least half the cost which wouldn't have happened if they'd done the anniversary on Friday or Sunday.  And Jill couldn't have comandeered the party to pretend it was a 'second reception' with real food and a bigger cake that she didn't pay for.

Surely there would have been a celebration for the Kellers' 40th anniversary, the date for which was fixed... 40 years ago. Nurthan chose to piggyback on their anniversary, not the other way round. They CHOSE to share that date. I don't see anything wrong with the Keller anniversary celebration on their date. It's not like these fundie receptions run long. Lots of time for a party afterwards. If Nathan and Nurie didn't want to share the limelight, they'd have chosen another day. 

I got married on what would have been my grandparents' 51st anniversary had my grandfather been alive. It would definitely have been a shared occasion otherwise, even though 51 is not a milestone. There'd be no time for a separate party, though, because in my family wedding festivities go all night. 🥳

On 8/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, galaxychaser said:

Jill will milk the Keller/Dingus dry. She does not have an off button for grifting. or any shame or any morals. She is a bottomless pool of NEED stuff.

I was thinking this. Jill is going to suck the lifeforce out of that poor Dingus. 

On 8/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Were any of the M kids in the wedding ceremony?  Perhaps that's the tiff between Anna and JRod?

I don't know why M kids would be in the wedding. There are soooooo many rodlets already they haven't room for more kids.  It also looks like Nathan is closer to Priscilla and David than Anna and SP. All things considered, if Jill is trying to social climb, TFDW is the one to glom on to. 

Anna and Josh showed up to the wedding looking like they'd just come in from working the back forty. Maybe Jill's ticked at their lack of respect for the occasion. Or maybe Anna was a bitch. She has form.

On 8/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, JoanArc said:

“Welp, time to learn how to cook Lawson’s favorite foods, Renee!”

I wish Jill would realize if she were able to turn down the 24/7 grift to background noise, feed the kids a little more, clean things up a bit, let the other narcissists take center stage, fix her style/SEVERE makeup, and stay out of her own way, she MIGHT have had a chance at becoming a true adjacent.  But that’s a little too much like self-improvement and work.  The next option is to send the daughters out to get knocked up out of wedlock by fundie boys and rake up the shotgun marriages.  Following that, an “accidental” fire at the barn house for insurance money and more grift.

Could they even GET insurance on that building now? From what Jill's posted, the electrics alone don't look up to any code. And furnished, it's a deathtrap. Is Jill taking a page from Cristin Henry's book?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

It wouldn't surprise me if Jill was the one who pushed for the anniversary party after the wedding rather than combine it with the rehearsal dinner the night prior. This way, she got two free meals paid for by the Kellers, rather than one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Jill was the one who pushed for the anniversary party after the wedding rather than combine it with the rehearsal dinner the night prior. This way, she got two free meals paid for by the Kellers, rather than one. 

Yes sounds like Jill. Free food for tubby!

• Love 2

Maybe the Kellers wouldn't even have had an anniversary party if Nurie and Nathan didn't get married on that day. Anniversary parties happen rarely in my family and only occasionally happen with my friends. Or maybe the Kellers suggested that date so travel would be easier for Nathan's side of the family, rather than going to Ohio and FL in the same month.

Just because JillR said the kids chose the date to honor the Kellers, doesn't mean its true.

• Love 9

My brother and his wife were married on our grandparent's anniversary.  Grandparents attended the wedding and reception.  There was no mention of it being their anniversary before, during, or after the reception, and there was certainly no celebration of that fact.  It was my brother's wedding.  Period. Grandparents were fine with it; they were pleased they shared the date.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

No she found the cure I’ll tell you it’ll be all over the news soon. 

Her and her peeps will all be wearing green lab coats, lined up and sharing how Plexus has kept them well.

Right before they head to the ED and test positive.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1