Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

A few years ago I had invited one of my neighbors to go to church with me and she started attending regularly.  About a year later our minister mentioned the food bank was getting low and asked for donations. After church she told me that she didn't realize the church had a food bank and she could have been getting food from them all this time.  Yes, she was retired. She received Social Security, a pension, and money from another employer that would cover her medical bills.  She would also go shopping for clothes at least once a month and would go out to eat in nicer restaurants (not fast food) once or twice a week. During a time when I knew I was going to be losing my job, she got mad that I couldn't afford to go out to eat with her.  I was trying to save money since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to find a new job.   I never did ask her if she used the food bank.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

A few years ago I had invited one of my neighbors to go to church with me and she started attending regularly.  About a year later our minister mentioned the food bank was getting low and asked for donations. After church she told me that she didn't realize the church had a food bank and she could have been getting food from them all this time.  Yes, she was retired. She received Social Security, a pension, and money from another employer that would cover her medical bills.  She would also go shopping for clothes at least once a month and would go out to eat in nicer restaurants (not fast food) once or twice a week. During a time when I knew I was going to be losing my job, she got mad that I couldn't afford to go out to eat with her.  I was trying to save money since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to find a new job.   I never did ask her if she used the food bank.

How was your opinion of her before she started attending church?  Did your opinion of her change after that food bank comment? 

(edited)
42 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

How was your opinion of her before she started attending church?  Did your opinion of her change after that food bank comment? 

I think mine would. The library I work with partners with the local food bank/school district during the summer to provide free lunch for kids that normally get the free lunch through the school. Now I know looks can be deceiving but there are mothers who come in here with their kids who clearly are not hurting financially. Prada handbags, new and nice cars, tanned, hair highlighted and nicely cut, good clothes...... I don't expect someone to come in wearing a burlap sack but it angers me to see people taking advantage of a freebie. All I can think is that even if a small precentage of those coming in need that free meal then I guess it is worth it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6

It's kind of sad to read those comments above, in addition to the JillR family. I work with folks who live in the inner city. Many of them have food insecurity, and many of them are too proud to utilize food banks and such.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's kind of sad to read those comments above, in addition to the JillR family. I work with folks who live in the inner city. Many of them have food insecurity, and many of them are too proud to utilize food banks and such.

I work with someone who, while only part time, living on his own and going to school,  had to go to food banks. When my mom was still at home (she has dementia) she would buy multiple times, cereal or peanut butter for my son who was away at school. I would bring the food in and give it to my co-worker. I knew it was going to someone who needed it. He has since been made full time. Even back in the day, if he had a few dollars and bought a cheap pizza, he would always be willing to share. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I think mine would. The library I work with partners with the local food bank/school district during the summer to provide free lunch for kids that normally get the free lunch through the school. Now I know looks can be deceiving but there are mothers who come in here with their kids who clearly are not hurting financially. Prada handbags, new and nice cars, tanned, hair highlighted and nicely cut, good clothes...... I don't expect someone to come in wearing a burlap sack but it angers me to see people taking advantage of a freebie. All I can think is that even if a small precentage of those coming in need that free meal then I guess it is worth it. 

Oh I agree with you.

I was just curious if maybe the poster had suspicions of her neighbor's shadiness before or not. 

It really bothers me when people use the system, and other people's donations, and they clearly don't need it from outward appearances, anyway.  If they're in debt up to their eyeballs (one of my dad's sayings) that's on them, if it's for the more expensive vehicles, designer clothes and accoutrements, etc., when they could get way less expensive stuff, and still live well.  We've probably all seen examples of that, and we've more than likely seen others that have a hard time making the rent and eating a substandard diet (some of them still working, others on disability.)  

When supposedly religious folks abuse food banks and such, it just seems especially egregious (to me, anyway.)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I just got home from work.   We were neighborhood friends.  Actually, she's older than my mother and I'm a few months older than her son, so we aren't from the same generation.  She knew I went to a local church and she would say something about needing to start going to church and I invited her and then one day she said "yes." She never acted shady or like she was needing help in any way before this.  After this, my opinion changed in that I was disappointed in her thinking the food bank was like "going grocery shopping" rather than being used for those who need help.  I did mention to her that it was for those who need help and she just blew it off saying "I guess so."  I never did ask her if she used the food bank.  I hope she realized that she didn't really need it. Without getting political, I will say we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, so I've been disappointed in her in other ways since then.  We still talk on the phone or see each other around the neighborhood, but we don't do things like we used to.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I just got home from work.   We were neighborhood friends.  Actually, she's older than my mother and I'm a few months older than her son, so we aren't from the same generation.  She knew I went to a local church and she would say something about needing to start going to church and I invited her and then one day she said "yes." She never acted shady or like she was needing help in any way before this.  After this, my opinion changed in that I was disappointed in her thinking the food bank was like "going grocery shopping" rather than being used for those who need help.  I did mention to her that it was for those who need help and she just blew it off saying "I guess so."  I never did ask her if she used the food bank.  I hope she realized that she didn't really need it. Without getting political, I will say we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, so I've been disappointed in her in other ways since then.  We still talk on the phone or see each other around the neighborhood, but we don't do things like we used to.  

This reminds me in a way of several people I know who used to be friends and aren't for various and sundry reasons, but, they had a handicap sign for the car because of their ill husbands, and after the husbands passed, or when the husbands weren't in the car, they would still used the sign to get a "good space".  I said, let me out here, I don't want to be involved.  They would get in a huff but not change.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm a little puzzled by the bolded comment. And concerned that my own comments here may have been badly expressed and thus misunderstood.

Just to be clear, by "grifters" I do NOT mean "probably good honest people who do need the services of the food bank."

I mean people like Jill R. who make a habit of asking for handouts or love offerings or donations or whatever you want to call it, as part of a chosen lifestyle of "serving the Lord." Which "service" is conveniently performed on their own terms, in their own time, with no accountability to anyone else, much less to any organization, and in a way that is unashamedly fame-mongering. 

I don't mean people who are working to get by in life and are having a hard time financially and need a helping hand. 

I was trying to come up with a differentiation between the Rodrigues family and the other type of person, which clearly didn't come off well.  Oh well!  Guess I'll take a break from posting for a while.

• Love 2

I have gone to the local food bank with permission, to pick up for a woman who is home bound. I add things to it because quite frankly the food is not the greatest. What she can’t eat, I donate back. At this particular one, everything is boxed up already and everyone gets the same, with a few exceptions. There’s more than just food. Different  months there could be paper towels, toilet paper, incontinence products, or baby diapers.

I signed her up for one at a church. There, 2 or 3 people go in at a time and get to choose what they need, within reason. They have really nice fresh vegetables every month, normally eggs, and various meats. All of the other products have passed their expiration date.

I don’t know how I would feel if I had to utilize either one for myself, but I’m glad it’s there for those who actually need it. I wouldn’t doubt I’ve been given the side eye, but I don’t give a crap!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I work with someone who, while only part time, living on his own and going to school,  had to go to food banks. When my mom was still at home (she has dementia) she would buy multiple times, cereal or peanut butter for my son who was away at school. I would bring the food in and give it to my co-worker. I knew it was going to someone who needed it. He has since been made full time. Even back in the day, if he had a few dollars and bought a cheap pizza, he would always be willing to share. 

My MIL always goes to Costco and buys everything she sees. We have been trying for years to get her to stop. So for two years I just ended up donating to church food bank right next to my kid's college. They appreciated all the fresh veggies too. It's better to share than to waste.

I sure hope that those kids can RUN away from their horrible parents. They need real food every day not to be hoarded on a bus driving to their next meal. 

• Love 3

The family I mentioned yesterday also shamelessly leeched off our church's food bank. They also once showed up at an alumni party held at another church (it was a high school none of them attended), and they just stole an entire chicken and several desserts! They didn't even have the decency to pretend to hang out. They just drove up and swiped all the food left in the kitchen while the people who actually belonged there were eating in the next room. 

I broke them from using our food bank, though I also burned a lot of bridges in the process. It was basically a large basket where people could donate canned goods and non-perishable food, and when it was full, it would be given to a needy family. Well, the leech family always conveniently developed an excuse for needing all that food when it was full. I ordinarily don't judge people for stuff like that because my family went through a real bad spell when I was a kid. We were homeless for nearly a year. I know that sometimes shit happens and you can't do much about it. But these people were lazy and refused to work. They got numerous jobs through people in the church and either turned them down or didn't last longer than a week or two. But it didn't stop them from begging for money and goodies. 

So, one Christmas, I could tell they were edging toward swooping down on all the food, but I beat them to the punch by suggesting we make food baskets and give it to all the sick and elderly people in our church. It really pissed off them (and a bunch of other people who, for unfathomable reasons for me, supported them at the time), but some homebound senior citizens were really pleased with it.

After that, there was no more food bank. :( 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, questionfear said:

FWIW, just having nice clothes or a good cut doesn’t mean they don’t need the help. It could be that they recently fell on hard times, or they keep a few high end items because it makes them feel good. 

Years ago I read a memoir by someone who went from very successful to unemployed due to the dotcom bust, and while she talked humorously about going to the unemployment office in pearls and nice clothes, it’s a fair point that you don’t know what someone’s life was before they needed help. 

Jen Lancaster?

• Love 9
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Natalie68 said:

I am guessing the 5 years is 150K yet you pay yearly (or by semester/quarter).  They wouldn't make someone pay 150K just to start.  30K/year is a lot when that doesn't include food/housing and your parents need love offerings for food (and if his family earns 30K/year on the books I would be surprised).  They want qualified students for sure so they aren't wasting their time/resources but they aren't going to turn away potential tuition so they just make these kids take remedial courses so they CAN finish.  Some will, some won't but the ones that won't did have to pay for their time there.  If your parents have to beg for a 20K car they certainly cannot afford this school and most really academically strong students would probably go to a school (or military) that gives them financial aid.  It sounds like this may be the only place that would accept this kid before meeting academic standards.  Private online schools have had a lot of issues with really high tuition and predatory lending to cover tuition.

My mother, a senior, had a message telling her she was approved for a student loan.  For fun, she called back.  The lady said, we just need some questions first:

Lady:  Where are you currently enrolled?

Mom:  I'm not.

Lady:  Oh!  Then how much do you owe on your student loan?

Mom:  Nothing - I'm a senior honey, and won't be going to college anytime soon.

Lady:  Dial tone.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, doodlebug said:

Yep, there is also the fact that this particular school deals with a lot of kids who were homeschooled for religious, not academic, reasons and there is no way for them to be assured of the quality of their application pool.  They've been around long enough to have a pretty good idea of how many kids they need to admit in order to graduate X number of them.  Some kids are cannon fodder at any school. 

I attended a major state university (you might even say THE state university) and there were plenty of kids in my freshman class who started out in premed (there was an 'adjusting to college' weekly class everyone took and we were divided as to our aspirations).  And, yet, at least half those kids, presumably pretty good students to be thinking of med school in the first place, quit or switched majors by the end of their first year.  Of those who started wanting to go to med school, maybe a quarter of us crossed the finish line and made it.  All colleges have a pyramidal setup and they expect to lose some along the way.

My nursing school had had a 100% board pass rate for a decade or more. If there was a semester without a waiting list, weaker students were admitted.  Then these weaker students were ridden hard, embarrassed, and even berated in front of others, until they dropped out.  I don't know how deliberate the process was.  It's possible that during the first half of the program they were like sharks smelling blood in the water, and almost instinctually drove out these people.  I did notice that the second half of the program the instructors for the critical care, pharmacology, etc., were much kinder and more supportive.

But when these students lasted through dropping for full tuition reimbursement, yet dropped out half-way through, the school made a profit off of them.  Anytime there's full payment for half-attendance, the school makes a profit.  Plus, the dropouts don't count against the school's rating, in my case the board pass rate.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, queenanne said:

I was trying to come up with a differentiation between the Rodrigues family and the other type of person, which clearly didn't come off well.  Oh well!  Guess I'll take a break from posting for a while.

No! Please don't leave just because one person (me, having a blonde moment*) didn't understand what you were getting at! You were making a good point.

*I'm a natural blonde so I get to say stuff like that.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

And again, grow a damned garden.  It’s good exercise, a good learning tool for the kids, and they could use the squash and carrots.

This is what I've always wondered about them and the Duggars in the beginning.  The Duggars moved to the big house with over 20 acres and didn't put in a garden, or get chickens, or have cattle that would have given them food.  Growing up with gardens and livestock, I guess they would all rather beg for "love offerings" than do any type of work.  

When I traveled a few years ago to TN to visit some relatives I was struck by all the churches with these huge lawns - many had 1-5 acres of greenery.  I asked why they weren't using part of it for gardens.  Each age Sunday School could be in charge of something - like broccoli/cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers/squash.  Let the young ones grow sunflowers and then have pumpkins and do a big fall festival.  The produce could go for church members that were on hard times or to the community.  Many folks in the area farmed and gardened so several parishoners would have tillers or equipment that they would need.  When I got to the point that i said they could put up a compost pile and the folks could bring in their additions to it when they came to church and then use the compost in the gardens, they all looked at me like I was crazy.  It was "Too much work".  Ahh, work, there it is again, that nasty 4 letter word.  

• Love 8

Most of the churches I've been to recognize the grifters and have ways to deal with them. At my last church, one member kept taking all of the good food items donated for the food pantry so the food ended up being locked in a cupboard and a volunteer food ministry supervisor kept track of it instead of it being open to everyone. 

We would have families like the Rodriguez family come every once in a while. They would generally have an extended worship/song service, a love offering, and either a potluck lunch or dinner depending on the service time. I stopped going to church around the time Facebook became popular for churches, so while the church pastors and/or leaders might have had a different opinion, the general congregation believed this was their mission and gladly gave to support it. Had we had social media to show how much begging was done, we might not have been so open.

• Love 6
On 7/4/2018 at 7:38 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Whose souls are they trying to reach and save? It seems like they only preach to the converted.

That's a really good point. I'm guessing that they think cluttering up public places with tracts from the printing press is doing their duty to save the lost.

22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This picture was from her daughter’s 16 birthday. They are allowed to invite one friend along to celebrate. When it was one of her son’s turn, he picked his grandfather because he couldn’t think of anyone. ? 

From their blog:

”Timothy just turned 16 years old and we told him he could pick out any “boy” friend to take out to dinner with us and to then go do some fun “guy” thing (like go-carting / or something like that).  Well, he could not think of a friend (near us) that he felt close enough to that he could relate to spiritually, so he chose Grandpa!! Wow!  That alone blessed my heart.”

Typical of Jill to find that a "blessing" rather than sad. I had the same experience being homeschooled of really having no friends, and creating that life for your children is one you should be ashamed of.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

Don't go Queenie. There's bound to be misunderstandings on these boards. Actually I'm surprised there aren't more of them. We are lots of posters with different opinions, different writing styles and different lenses of the world. It's all good Queenie!

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

My mother, a senior, had a message telling her she was approved for a student loan.  For fun, she called back.  The lady said, we just need some questions first:

Lady:  Where are you currently enrolled?

Mom:  I'm not.

Lady:  Oh!  Then how much do you owe on your student loan?

Mom:  Nothing - I'm a senior honey, and won't be going to college anytime soon.

Lady:  Dial tone.

Those phone scams piss me off for numerous reasons, but mostly because some actually fall for them, and end up giving bank account information, or credit card info.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, becca3891 said:

That's a really good point. I'm guessing that they think cluttering up public places with tracts from the printing press is doing their duty to save the lost.

Typical of Jill to find that a "blessing" rather than sad. I had the same experience being homeschooled of really having no friends, and creating that life for your children is one you should be ashamed of.

The other thing about that which just sounds "off" is that he felt a friend was necessarily someone you felt close enough to that you could relate spiritually. 

Now, I didn't have many friends growing up - not because of religious reasons, just that I was extremely shy and socially awkward - and I'll agree that in that case you generally end up with one best friend whom you can talk to about anything in the world and be on the same wavelength, but that being said, there's nothing that stops you from being able to have fun with someone you don't have that sort of relationship with. It's not as though a family dinner and go-carting demands a spiritual connection! 

These kids must grow up with so much fear. That's the really sad part - the abject terror they have of being tainted by someone "worldly".

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The other thing about that which just sounds "off" is that he felt a friend was necessarily someone you felt close enough to that you could relate spiritually. 

Now, I didn't have many friends growing up - not because of religious reasons, just that I was extremely shy and socially awkward - and I'll agree that in that case you generally end up with one best friend whom you can talk to about anything in the world and be on the same wavelength, but that being said, there's nothing that stops you from being able to have fun with someone you don't have that sort of relationship with. It's not as though a family dinner and go-carting demands a spiritual connection! 

These kids must grow up with so much fear. That's the really sad part - the abject terror they have of being tainted by someone "worldly".

Or Jill just lied because her kids are so isolated that they don't have anyone they've talked to for more than a hour in their on-the-road-grifting life.

Do they even know their neighbors? The kids certainly don't know anyone from school or sports, etc. Or if they did connect with someone, in anyway, what town or state were they in when they made friends with them?

• Love 11
12 hours ago, questionfear said:

FWIW, just having nice clothes or a good cut doesn’t mean they don’t need the help. It could be that they recently fell on hard times, or they keep a few high end items because it makes them feel good. 

Years ago I read a memoir by someone who went from very successful to unemployed due to the dotcom bust, and while she talked humorously about going to the unemployment office in pearls and nice clothes, it’s a fair point that you don’t know what someone’s life was before they needed help. 

I completely understand that can be the case. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jen Lancaster?

I loved her books.  Not sure I would like her in person but I laughed out loud about a lot of her adventures.

12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

@queenanne, don’t leave. It’s easy to be misunderstood on social media. Please stay.

I agree!  

• Love 6
(edited)

So, now Jill is trying to grift a USED car for Timothy...

***With a thankful heart, I am so glad our Timothy is okay after getting in a fender bender with his car.  ? I have thought...."Only 2 children with their license so far and BOTH have been in an accident! Oh NO! Lord, how are we going to make it through 11 more children?!" LOL

My husband replied to me, "ONE DAY AT A TIME, Babe."  ?  ❤
About 4 years ago, we got a "new to us" used car and gifted our old car to Timothy. It needed work, but he poured his money and time into fixing it up to be road worthy.  ?
He got his license a few months back and immediately put the car to great use..... to go to and from his lawn customers, etc. He has used all his hard earned money to pay his OWN way to enroll for college, etc. We are SO proud of him!  ❤
Well, his car lasted him only about 3 to 4 months and then DIED!  ? It was NOT due to the accident though- thank God.
We are now about to leave (in 2 weeks) for Washington State to drop him off to Bible College with NO working vehicle.  ? He needs one to drive to college, work, church, etc.
He asked me to post about his need but said, "Mama, please don't make it seem like I'm BEGGING for a car! Just inform people to keep a look out for a good deal on a USED car for me".  ? LOL
Hence, the reason for this post. Timothy is SUCH a hard worker and honestly has a sincere need for a vehicle. He is SO busy volunteering at summer, Christian Camp right now, he has no time to look himself.
His desire is to always stay debt free as he follows God's leading in his life. So, any leads on a reliable, but affordable car would be a HUGE blessing to Timothy.  ?
Thank you for graciously allowing us to post ONCE AGAIN for a need of a car! LOL.  ?
With Care, Jill (for Timothy)***  

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

Wow, just wow, looking for another freebie car. And why does she write "new to us"? Many folks by used cars, they've been owned and driven before, hence the word used.

She's a greedy, shameless idiot.

• Love 23
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

***With a thankful heart, I am so glad our Timothy is okay after getting in a fender bender with his car.  ? I have thought...."Only 2 children with their license so far and BOTH have been in an accident! Oh NO! Lord, how are we going to make it through 11 more children?!" LOL

About 4 years ago, we got a "new to us" used car and gifted our old car to Timothy. It needed work, but he poured his money and time into fixing it up to be road worthy.  ?
He got his license a few months back and immediately put the car to great use..... to go to and from his lawn customers, etc. He has used all his hard earned money to pay his OWN way to enroll for college, etc. We are SO proud of him!  ❤
Well, his car lasted him only about 3 to 4 months and then DIED!  ? It was NOT due to the accident though- thank God.
We are now about to leave (in 2 weeks) for Washington State to drop him off to Bible College with NO working vehicle.  ? He needs one to drive to college, work, church, etc.
He asked me to post about his need but said, "Mama, please don't make it seem like I'm BEGGING for a car! Just inform people to keep a look out for a good deal on a USED car for me".  ? LOL
Hence, the reason for this post. Timothy is SUCH a hard worker and honestly has a sincere need for a vehicle. He is SO busy volunteering at summer, Christian Camp right now, he has no time to look himself.
His desire is to always stay debt free as he follows God's leading in his life. So, any leads on a reliable, but affordable car would be a HUGE blessing to Timothy.  ?
Thank you for graciously allowing us to post ONCE AGAIN for a need of a car! LOL.  ?

So either this shameless mooch is lying, or the kid actually has some dignity, self respect and wants no part of the grifting.  Shame on her if it’s the former, and kudos to him if it’s the latter.  

• Love 7

I call BS on her whole post.

Why don't they use the money they took from folks from the last go fund me to buy a car for him?  The money that was given to them even though someone had already given them a car.

Also, why does he need a car?  Why doesn't he use public transportation like regular folks.  I and most of my friends didn't have a car in college.  My freshman year of college I also worked part-time at FAO Schwartz and I would take the bus (most college campuses usually have a bus stop on them) to get to work.

I don't know what kind of college this is, but most colleges have a church on them and he can find a job on campus as well.

• Love 23
53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess it would never occur to them that they can sell the Hyundai Sonata and buy the kids 2 other, cheaper used cars.

• Love 20

Are they incapable of researching used cars for sale? She could look to FB marketplace to start. I think they may even know a family with a used car lot they could contact who could maybe help them find one in their area.

Shes not even coy in her grifting.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I want to know how he's paying for that college on lawn mowing money.  Unless by "enroll" Jill means "paid the application fee".

I'm curious as well. Isn't that school over 25k a year? Mowing lawns in West Virginia must be a lucrative business if he's racked up that kind of cash. 

• Love 5
(edited)

At the very least, wouldn’t it make more sense to wait until they got to Spokane to buy/grift the car, so they wouldn’t have to drive it across the country?

Edited by jennblevins
  • Love 22
Just now, jennblevins said:

At the very least, wouldn’t it make more sense to wait until they got to Spokane to buy the car, so they wouldn’t have to drive it across the country?

It would, but driving a clunker cross-country allows for plenty of opportunities to break down and ask for donations for repairs. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

It would, but driving a clunker cross-country allows for plenty of opportunities to break down and ask for donations for repairs. 

Good point. When Mr. Blevins and I drove across the country (to Washington, though not Spokane) we had misplaced concerns like not getting stranded in the middle of nowhere and making it across mountain passes. I clear wasn’t thinking straight. 

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

So, the most recent grift was so successful, Jill has gotten greedy, what a shock!  Selling the $14,000 car they got for FREE and using the proceeds to purchase 2 decent used cars would be the sensible thing to do; but methinks Jilly is feeling mighty full of herself after her last beg-a-thon.

There is also no reason on God's green earth why Tim cannot find a place close to campus and find a job and a church within walking distance of both.  Or, buy a bike.  I went off to college without a car and managed to get to class, my job (Tim is not the first student to work, either) and to church (ebil Catholic, I went to church every week).  I didn't get a car until I absolutely had to have one my second year of med school when I bought a very old Civic from my sister for 100 bucks. I drove it until the frame broke, bought my next car from my aunt's neighbor; she floated me a loan to do it.    Of course, Grifty and Shifty don't have a car they can give him; so its up to someone else to supply it.

I went through college and graduate school without a car. I walked everywhere, even in the winter. I had people who would lend me a car or take me some place I couldn't easily get to, but mostly I walked. Maybe fasting Timothy has no calories to spare, but Jill is just a grifter. If she pulls in more free money, she'll spend it for hair and makeup products, framed photographs of the marriage-ready daughters, and desserts for He Whose Waistline Shall Not Be Named.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Where did she post this?

• Love 2

What kind of car did Timothy drive that was spacious enough for a lawnmower and whatever other necessary equipment? These people are just plain freaks.

• Love 11