Type keyword(s) to search

Welcome To Myrtle Manor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Editor's Note:

Discuss Welcome to Myrtle Manor Here!

Yay, who got this up and going? Auntjess

The first episode I was already dying laughing. I'm really liking this season. But holy cow (pun intended) what happened to Jessica? 

• Love 2

It looks like this season will be Amanda vs. her friends (or non-friends in the case of Brit). I like Amanda, she makes me laugh, so this makes me a little sad. At least Bandit will prove amusing as always! And Miss Peggy should be drunk 75% of the time so that will help.

• Love 1

I really like Amanda. She has made me laugh way too many times. The first episode she had me in stitches talking about Brittany dancing on Brock and how (if I can recall correctly) her ass cheeks were like sheets in the wind and then she imitated Brock with his dumb laugh.

I haven't watched last nights yet but it makes me sad that Amanda and "Chelt-sie" (how Amanda and Becky pronounce it) have grown apart. I know it's a different world once you have a baby, but don't lose your friends.

Kim has started to make me laugh too.

I'll be back after I watch last nights.  

I just can't see what ANY woman, especially one who has a real career (yes managing a trailer park IS a real career!  It can be hard work!) would see in Bandit!  He's looking like old shoe leather these days!  He's broke assed poor and isn't the least bit charming!

I love Amanda but not liking how they are writing her at the moment.  

Miss Peggy is a hoot!

It seems that they are toning Roy down this year.  He is a hoot.  Loved him for a long time.

The Amanda vs. Brittany/Jessica was so damn dumb. Did Jess lose brain cells when she gained weight? Seems like it. And Brit can miss me, not in the least bit entertaining.

Oh Marvin! His "investigations" always crack me up.

I'm not excited for more Roxie because she annoys me. And seems utterly pointless. Team Becky 4 Life! Okay, maybe not, but the sentiment behind it stands.

• Love 1

Another relationship triangle for Brock? I am so surprised! [/sarcasm]

I loved Anne being mad that Marvin spent some of her money for a present for her. Yeah, some of the money as his as well, but that shit is shady. And stupid.

We get it Chelsea. You're a mom now and too mature for this stuff. Now knock it off and have some fun. And this is coming from someone who can't stand immaturity or drunk people.

Not liking Amanda being owned by a man. She's stronger than that.

Can't stand Roxy, but love her with Bandit because they are both revolting.

Seriously, Chelsey. You're a mom, you didn't cure cancer or invent hover cars. Have a seat. At least she has a job now, which is more than I can say for most of the others in her age group at the trailer park.

I can't wait for the love triangle to implode, it should be amusing. And Brock kissing Miss Peggy made me laugh; I hope he plants another one on her at her birthday party.

Roxy is a dumb addition, just totally unnecessary.

• Love 1

I hate the Roxy story line. She looks like a walking stinky cigarette. I need brain bleach from the Miss Peggy and Brock kiss! Chelsea and Jarrod were my past season favorites, but now blah, all Chelsey does is complain. I wish she'd paint over those hideous nursery clowns instead of just covering them up!

I'm loving Jessica being back!

I wonder if Roy is leaving the show? It's stupid how they have him sneaking off. Like really, he's going to leave mid haircut.

That was pretty silly.  But I could certainly understand why he might want to carve out a business for himself outside of the trailer park.  Bandit roaming around can't be good for business, I agree!  And how much business would there be for two hairdressers in that place?  

Did anyone notice the other hairdresser, Gina, giving some woman a cap frost?  (that's when you put a plastic bonnet on someone's head and pluck little strands of hair through the holes and then apply the frost to just those tufts of hair).  What self respecting hairdresser uses one of those things?  I grew up in a little podunk down and my best friend's mom ran the little beauty shop in town and she just sneered at the idea of a cap frost.  Those things are right up there with home perms when it comes to ruining your hair. 

I think Miss Peggy looked great after her makeover.  Who would have thought false eyelashes would look that good on her?  But where is she supposed to park a scooter, the one she was gifted by the group? How is she supposed to get that thing in and out of her trailer? Maybe she has a ramp already or something.  But does she have room for that thing? And she certainly can't drive it around inside her trailer.  

Ugh I am thinking too much about this, lol.  I get that it is mostly a put on, but I still want it to make a little sense, you know? 

• Love 1

I agree, the bonnet highlighting is so trashy hahaha. It's an at home procedure, not something you pay for at a salon! I love Amanda and Jessica! Miss Peggy and the strippers hahahaha. She was so happy!

I'll be in Myrtle Beach in 2 months, this show gets me even more excited for it (if that is possible). Thinking about checking it out in person this time.

• Love 1

That was pretty silly.  But I could certainly understand why he might want to carve out a business for himself outside of the trailer park.  Bandit roaming around can't be good for business, I agree!  And how much business would there be for two hairdressers in that place?  

Did anyone notice the other hairdresser, Gina, giving some woman a cap frost?  (that's when you put a plastic bonnet on someone's head and pluck little strands of hair through the holes and then apply the frost to just those tufts of hair).  What self respecting hairdresser uses one of those things?  I grew up in a little podunk down and my best friend's mom ran the little beauty shop in town and she just sneered at the idea of a cap frost.  Those things are right up there with home perms when it comes to ruining your hair. 

I think Miss Peggy looked great after her makeover.  Who would have thought false eyelashes would look that good on her?  But where is she supposed to park a scooter, the one she was gifted by the group? How is she supposed to get that thing in and out of her trailer? Maybe she has a ramp already or something.  But does she have room for that thing? And she certainly can't drive it around inside her trailer.  

Ugh I am thinking too much about this, lol.  I get that it is mostly a put on, but I still want it to make a little sense, you know? 

Some people still want that style and the hairdresser will pull that cap out.  I saw one being used at an upscale hair salon in MB not too long ago.  

As for Roy, Tangulls did not exist until after the first season of this show.  He and Gina both worked somewhere else.  Tangulls was brought in for the show, TLC moved that trailer into Patrick MHP.  It didn't even have a license to operate until after the first season was over.

Go by Patrick Mobile Home Park and check it out.  They are now selling Myrtle Manor merchandise.  

I  loved going to MB when I was younger.  

• Love 1

I had no clue hairdressers don't use the cap anymore. It seems like they were using it on me a few years ago (said something about getting to the roots better than foil). I had no idea I was behind the times!

Did anyone notice when Brock bit off Jess's nails (eww...shiver), the next morning talking to Brittany in the bunk beads (those made me LOL) her nails were in place again?

Brittany is only 20/21? Girlfriend is haggard looking. 

Amanda imitating Bandit & The Doublewides was classic. 

I just can't with Cecil. He's such an asshole to his daughter. I'd be seeing RED if my dad brought in my enemy, our own competition to take my place (even if I think she was doing a pretty good job up until this last episode). He seems like an insensitive jerk.

Miss Peggy arriving at the party on her scooter and parking it next to the motorcycle gangs bikes slayed me.

If Roxy and Bandit are not a real couple in real life, I'm going to lose my shit. They are perfect together.

Brock and his guyliner. Lolz.

CourtneyCourt, you'll have to take one for the team and go check it out. Then report all details here!

• Love 2

Did anyone notice when Brock bit off Jess's nails (eww...shiver), the next morning talking to Brittany in the bunk beads (those made me LOL) her nails were in place again?

All she had to do was re-glue them on - press on nails.

CourtneyCourt, you'll have to take one for the team and go check it out. Then report all details here!

You must! 

So it's not on tonight.  Hmmmmmm

All she had to do was re-glue them on - press on nails.

You must! 

So it's not on tonight.  Hmmmmmm

The season finale was on last week. They played two back to back.

The whole moving the pool scene. Seriously? Totally destroyed it all. They are sure setting up for Season 4 with Roxy and Becky. I loved the pool. I was sad to see it go.

Love Jessica, I was so glad to see her back.

Ok, so why wasn't Anne's son Taylor at the wedding? Something tells me that wedding was fake. And very quick after the engagement.

I hear the ratings for Season 3 were the lowest yet. Curious if we will have a Season 4.

I'm guessing Anne didn't want anything legally binding. Or, this is all for the show and she wasn't willing to go through with a fake (or real) wedding for ratings.

• Love 1

I was glad Amanda got rid of that snot nosed boyfriend... please don't have him return. I hope to see her hooked up with a hunky, decent guy next season. It would be fun to see her happy and in love, even if it's only for the show. She has played out all the other relationship angles already. Time for something new.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's reaction to the pool being destroyed, lol. Freakin' Roxy ... what was she thinking? The whole thing is completely ridiculous, but it still makes me laugh. What can I say. I think Roxy may be my favorite character.

This season was too short. I could have sat through a few more episodes. Does anyone know how well this show is doing in the ratings? I am wondering how much longer it is going to be on.