Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings, Scheduling, and Watching for Cancellation/Renewal

I have been studiously avoiding any news about this show since last year. I couldn't even get any schadenfreude from watching this go down in flames. Didn't even know the show was over until today. However, the cancellation kinda makes me want to pop my birthday champagne and just deal with the hangover at Mother's Day lunch with the in-laws.

• Love 1

This is first time I've been in this forum since they announced they were renewing It for S4 and how Tom was the star and people wanted to see Ichabod's story. That pissed me off as much as killing off Abby.  So yeah I got a little bit of glee every week watching the show struggle to get even 2m viewers.  And even more glee as it began to disapear as a recapped show on various sites.  And now this.    I have never been happy a show was cancelled before.  Sad, bitter, disappointed or indifferent.  But this is the first I've been happy.

On a shady note, I follow both Nicole and Orlando on twitter.  She's been MIA for months.  But suddenly in the aftermath of this annoucement the two of them are echanging "you're awesome"  "no, you're awesome." Tweets. LOL.

• Love 11

Am I pleased that it's cancelled? No, not really, I'd prefer that it had been a consistently entertaining show that received deservedly good ratings, not an absolute delight that squandered most of what made it noteworthy and bled viewers.

Am I pleased that it was unsustainable after the production dropped the ball so badly in understanding what made the show work and swapped those qualities and characters out for bland roles and formulaic pap? Damn. Right. I'm. Pleased.

• Love 12

I'm definitely happy Sleepy Hollow is canceled. The producers, showrunners, and writers all got what they deserved. And now the cast gets what they deserve: freedom to find other, better projects to work on. The first season of this show was so great and they squandered it in seasons 2 and 3. By the time they got to season 4, all they had left was a shell of a show. Season 4 was a waste of everyone's time, money, and talents, and it chaps my ass to think that the producers and showrunners got paid big bucks to produce such shite.

• Love 7

Off Topic: Mark Goffman (all you long time posters will remember this name), the showrunner for Bull ( CBS Michael Weatherly's new show) is leaving after only 1 year and another showrunner is taking over for Season 2. Wonder if he thought Bull should add a really powerful witch......

Back on topic: Not usually happy that a show is cancelled, but this one is an exception.#AbbieMillsdeservedbetter.

• Love 6
On 5/20/2017 at 0:08 AM, TwistedandBored said:

Every time I remember this show has been cancelled, I get happy.

tumblr_mzdh6hTySW1ruu897o3_r2_250.gif

Petty but I don't care. They deserved it. Seriously, what a wasted potential. 

tumblr_n6q391HKgj1sonvcxo3_250.gif

Why WHY did you have to post this?? I am WEEPING at that last gif and the chemistry oozing off them. Damn you, FOX! Damn you straight to HELL! {{sob}}

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Why WHY did you have to post this?? I am WEEPING at that last gif and the chemistry oozing off them. Damn you, FOX! Damn you straight to HELL! {{sob}}

Same here. But I like it! During the first season, I used to scour the Internet for any little interview or clip with the two of them together. They really seemed to like working together.  That entire cast was great. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I couldn't help myself. I am just really emo about these two never being giving the chance they deserved. 

• Love 3

I never watched season 4, for pretty much the same reasons as the rest of you.  Sad, but not surprising, that it's been cancelled.  What a waste of a show with so much potential and great cast members.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:36 AM, bros402 said:

At least it seems like Lucifer learned from the mistakes of Sleepy Hollow and massively improved its second season.

That's what it reminded me of too, SH had it not gone off the rails.