Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

The failure to pay taxes is interesting to me... at least for Christine’s house. I have had mortgages in my life and on both, the mortgage company withheld and directly paid the taxes - there was nothing else I needed to do (except pay the mortgage). I thought that was pretty standard? Maybe it’s different when you have a loan for property that isn’t a mortgage in the sense of there already being a dwelling in the land?

I too think most mortgage companies collect taxes and insurance with each payment.  Seems one time I did read that once you have equ ity in our home you can take over those obligations and pay them yourself.

Commercial property is a whole different animal.  The land is considered commercial.  Taxes and insurance is generally paid directly by borrower.  If they did non-traditional financing for the land, such as the seller is the lender, it's extremely unlikely that an escrow was setup for taxes and insurance.  I worked in commercial banking for many years and I never saw an escrow for T & I.  I won't bore you with the reasons.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Commercial property is a whole different animal.  The land is considered commercial.  Taxes and insurance is generally paid directly by borrower.  If they did non-traditional financing for the land, such as the seller is the lender, it's extremely unlikely that an escrow was setup for taxes and insurance.  I worked in commercial banking for many years and I never saw an escrow for T & I.  I won't bore you with the reasons.

Thanks! I think I get it - so the loan for the land is a commercial loan even though the ultimate (states) intention is for it to be residential?

that doesn’t explain failure to pay taxes on Christine’s house too unless they are behind on the mortgage.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Thanks! I think I get it - so the loan for the land is a commercial loan even though the ultimate (states) intention is for it to be residential?

that doesn’t explain failure to pay taxes on Christine’s house too unless they are behind on the mortgage.

This is just my guess, but I think her lender didn't require an escrow account for T & I.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, toodles said:

This doesn't surprise me a bit.

During the crash in '07-10, one of the first things our bank did was check the tax status of all the properties which had an outstanding balance.  If a a borrower is past due, it's a huge red flag and a significant sign of financial distress.

As Dr. Now says, dis is not a good situation.  And isn't Janelle's house back on the market?  

I think it was Christine's house, that went back on the market.

The taxes were only a little over $2,000.

I bet they are so regretting this move to Flagstaff.  Still two homes in Vegas waiting to sell.  They should have all remained in Vegas except Robyn.  Maybe if she wasn't living in an almost $4,000 a month rental, they could have paid Christine's taxes.  Going on a cruise but not paying property tax.  Flying a wife out to babysit, bringing in another daughter and grandmother to babysit.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I bet they are so regretting this move to Flagstaff.  Still two homes in Vegas waiting to sell.  They should have all remained in Vegas except Robyn.  Maybe if she wasn't living in an almost $4,000 a month rental, they could have paid Christine's taxes.  Going on a cruise but not paying property tax.  Flying a wife out to babysit, bringing in another daughter and grandmother to babysit.  

Excellent illustration of the Brown Clown Clan's problems.  What a bunch of idiots. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Sokoke said:

It wouldn't look like a grand plyg mansion though.  Remember how proud he was to show the plans to his bro and bff?  Status means everything.

6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

To the likes of Kootie, showboating is EVERYTHINGK.

He's the best plyg "husband" of all time & eternity.  I'd like to slap the shit out of him and his way oversized ego.

You’re right, my bad. Sensible townhouses make too much sense, and are WAY too practical for King Kootie 🙄 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Have they even broken ground on construction ?

Good question... Wish we had a mole living near or in Flagstaff who could cruise around and see if there's any construction on the Prairie Plague property.

Are building permits etc. open for public scrutiny?

Enquiring minds need to know. 😁

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Good question... Wish we had a mole living near or in Flagstaff who could cruise around and see if there's any construction on the Prairie Plague property.

Are building permits etc. open for public scrutiny?

Enquiring minds need to know. 😁

Aren't moles and prairie dogs related ?  😛

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Aren't moles and prairie dogs related ?  😛

Both want to hide their heads (and bodies) in the ground when they see the Brown Fambly coming.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2019 at 10:16 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Are the taxes due on the house in LV or Flagstaff?   Does anyone know how long it was between Mona's prediction of a hot market for the Brown's houses and when they moved? Maybe they should have talked to the Little Couple.   They built a huge house in Houston with modifications for their size and before they could sell it, they had to renovate it to make everything standard size again.  They reduced the price a number of times before it sold.  I think they thought it would go for a much higher price because of their "celebrity status." 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

The article on the unpaid taxes that I posted was for Flagstaff.

True.  I should have made multiple quotes on issues.  I meant the current house she bought in Flagstaff.  But someone else said that they also owed a large amount of tax on the land.  I didn't think unimproved property had much tax.

• Love 2

Do you all remember Joe Darger?  He's the bald guy with three wives who was on SW a couple of seasons ago.  Most of us (including me) thought they should have their own show, rather than Goldilocks and the Four Bears.

Anyway, we're having a new floor put down in our kitchen and master bath, and contacted a company online for a quote.  Joe Dargers cousins, Joe and Jordan came to our house to make us a quote.  They were a couple of VERY nice young men.

Joe has one wife ("that's plenty for me"), and Jordan is too young yet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Do you all remember Joe Darger?  He's the bald guy with three wives who was on SW a couple of seasons ago.  Most of us (including me) thought they should have their own show, rather than Goldilocks and the Four Bears.

Anyway, we're having a new floor put down in our kitchen and master bath, and contacted a company online for a quote.  Joe Dargers cousins, Joe and Jordan came to our house to make us a quote.  They were a couple of VERY nice young men.

Joe has one wife ("that's plenty for me"), and Jordan is too young yet.

I read their book and it was  a very interesting read.  He seems like he doesn't let all the BS go on.  They all live in the same house and share the kitchen  🤯.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I read their book and it was  a very interesting read.  He seems like he doesn't let all the BS go on.  They all live in the same house and share the kitchen  🤯.

I read it too and it gave me a far greater understanding of how polygamy can function than watching 13 seasons of the Browns.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly....they moved to Flagstaff last summer.  They've only sold one LV house (Robyn's?) but Mona is hard at work trying to unload the other three homes (LOL).  Robyn has rented a palatial mansion, Christine bought herself a house because there were absolutely no homes in the greater Flagstaff area that rent to pet owners, Meri is living somewhere in downtown Flagstaff because she finds it "quaint," and Janelle is living in a furnished dump somewhere next to a drainage ditch, wondering why she can't catch any fish.  Kody spends his days tweaking his Plyg Palace plans, adding a hidden nook here, a secret underground tunnel there so his wives never have to come within 200 feet of each other, and spending $150 on gas per day driving from house to house looking for the best dinner and the quietest couch on which to take a nap.  Meanwhile, a large plot of land with trees and angels sits vacant and unbroken, while the local rabid prairie dog population digs increasingly deep tunnels under the ground that will someday become the Brown Family Compound.

Am I close?

You just nailed next seasons plot

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly....they moved to Flagstaff last summer.  They've only sold one LV house (Robyn's?) but Mona is hard at work trying to unload the other three homes (LOL).  Robyn has rented a palatial mansion, Christine bought herself a house because there were absolutely no homes in the greater Flagstaff area that rent to pet owners, Meri is living somewhere in downtown Flagstaff because she finds it "quaint," and Janelle is living in a furnished dump somewhere next to a drainage ditch, wondering why she can't catch any fish.  Kody spends his days tweaking his Plyg Palace plans, adding a hidden nook here, a secret underground tunnel there so his wives never have to come within 200 feet of each other, and spending $150 on gas per day driving from house to house looking for the best dinner and the quietest couch on which to take a nap.  Meanwhile, a large plot of land with trees and angels sits vacant and unbroken, while the local rabid prairie dog population digs increasingly deep tunnels under the ground that will someday become the Brown Family Compound.

Am I close?

You forgot the curly slide.  Cause Kody is fun like that :)!

• LOL 6

They did replace Mona with another real-a-tor (as some of the Browns pronounce it) last Fall. His listings mention that the houses had belonged to "reality stars".  Not a selling point in many of our minds.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

They did replace Mona with another real-a-tor (as some of the Browns pronounce it) last Fall. His listings mention that the houses had belonged to "reality stars".  Not a selling point in many of our minds.

Lots of people pronounce realtor this way, and it drives.  Me.  NUTS!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes and especially when the "reality stars" have 5000 kids who are very hard on furniture and surroundings according to their own mothers.

Those houses looked so ramshackle... Christine's kitchen cabinets were all chipped and cracked, the drywall in all the houses had dents, bangs and needed repair

Janelles house was worse and God only knows how much cleaning and disinfecting her birthing tub would need with all the Jets gunked up.....  Ugh!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, laurakaye said:

Am I close?

Yep, that just about sums it up.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Great post, welcome aboard @Sofa Sloth !

Thank you! I literally signed up purely to get this post off my chest after putting myself through back-to-back seasons from the start, so that felt good! haha. I’m still working my way around the forum after lurking many months but hopefully I’ll learn the ropes soon 🤗

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

...eternity...

This is the part I find so idiotic.  They clearly all hate each other but are living this hell on earth so that they can spend eternity together in outer space.  How does that even compute?  Does space travel to Planet Kootie somehow turn you all into different, loving people?  Why spend your entire life being miserable only to be miserable for all eternity?

I know, we monogamists just don't unnerstand.

Welcome to our Australian!

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

This is the part I find so idiotic.  They clearly all hate each other but are living this hell on earth so that they can spend eternity together in outer space.  How does that even compute?  Does space travel to Planet Kootie somehow turn you all into different, loving people?  Why spend your entire life being miserable only to be miserable for all eternity?

I know, we monogamists just don't unnerstand.

Welcome to our Australian!

Thank you so much! I figure I just may be the only Australian who is watching this shit show, judging by the time it takes for TLC to bother airing it here.

It must be such a miserable existence, always swallowing your natural fillings and keeping sweet in the hope your shared husband will throw a scrap of attention your way. But yeah.. in the words of Robyn ‘no other woman could ever understand the sacrifice’ blah blah. No they never have too, because most woman aren’t brainwashed in a religion that benefits only men. 

• Love 13
On 4/23/2019 at 11:01 PM, deirdra said:

Was it actually Mona as the original listing agent? Zillow said Janelle was the agent. But she was working for Mona so maybe it was a technicality...?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Was it actually Mona as the original listing agent? Zillow said Janelle was the agent. But she was working for Mona so maybe it was a technicality...?

IIRC the first agent was Janelle then Mona and then the new guy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

IIRC the first agent was Janelle then Mona and then the new guy.

So the first agent was Janelle, and I don't know if she's ever sold anything, unless her Z-list celebrity convinced somebody to buy a dog house, then Mona, who seemed like a fan who just wanted to get in front of a camera, and when all that failed, they turned the listing over to some other guy?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, laurakaye said:

Am I close?

Close enough, except the prairie dogs don't have rabies, just bubonic plague.

• LOL 5
34 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

Close enough, except the prairie dogs don't have rabies, just bubonic plague.

I feel compelled to leap to the defense of the poor, beleaguered prairie dogs.  They don't carry plague;  in fact they die of it just as humans do and watching prairie dog colonies is one way to see if the disease is present in an area.

It's the fleas carried by rodents that carry plague.  Humans rarely get it as long as there are more tempting hosts around.  So if there is a thriving colony, the fleas inhabit the burrows and live on the prairie dogs instead.  They will go for pets who play in those areas and then it might be transmitted to humans when the pet brings the fleas into the home.

prairie-dogs-rights.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

I would also imagine that eating the fleas, like Truely, does not transmit bubonic plague as her stomach acids would probably kill the bacteria.  You just need to make sure the fleas don't bite you when you're eating prairie dirt. A Bedazzled flea and tick collar may be all Truely needs.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I feel compelled to leap to the defense of the poor, beleaguered prairie dogs.  They don't carry plague;  in fact they die of it just as humans do and watching prairie dog colonies is one way to see if the disease is present in an area.

It's the fleas carried by rodents that carry plague.  Humans rarely get it as long as there are more tempting hosts around.  So if there is a thriving colony, the fleas inhabit the burrows and live on the prairie dogs instead.  They will go for pets who play in those areas and then it might be transmitted to humans when the pet brings the fleas into the home.

prairie-dogs-rights.png

I honestly didn't mean to minimize the problems the poor prairie dogs face. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Zahdii said:

So the first agent was Janelle, and I don't know if she's ever sold anything, unless her Z-list celebrity convinced somebody to buy a dog house, then Mona, who seemed like a fan who just wanted to get in front of a camera, and when all that failed, they turned the listing over to some other guy?

Apparently Janelle sold one house at the beginning of her illustrious career 

I guess they thought of all the money they would save having Janelle sell their "celebrity owned" homes which would fly off the shelves and when that didn't happen they hired Mona to sell their super cool celebrity owned homes... *crickets*.... So now they've given a new dude the pleasure of selling their formerly owned by celebrities homes.

Apparently one of the houses sold but I'm not sure if it was Mona or the new guy who sold it.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

A Bedazzled flea and tick collar may be all Truely needs.

Many years ago I read "Andy Warhol's Diaries" and for anyone who'd like to know what it's like hanging out with famous people it is jam packed with snark about everyone from Elizabeth Taylor to Jerry Hall, Milk Jagger, Halston and lots of others.

He never intended to publish it (it was published after his sudden death in hospital) so its full of juicy details.

Anyways Andy had 2 weiner dogs and he started to notice fleas everywhere in his home so he goes out and buys 2 flea collars... Comes home and puts one on each of HIS ankles.

I didn't see that coming  😂

I guess the Brown's could do that for all the little kids. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

I honestly didn't mean to minimize the problems the poor prairie dogs face. 

Oh, I know!  Just a nurse thing - accuracy when it comes to avoiding death!

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Apparently Janelle sold one house at the beginning of her illustrious career 

I guess they thought of all the money they would save having Janelle sell their "celebrity owned" homes which would fly off the shelves and when that didn't happen they hired Mona to sell their super cool celebrity owned homes... *crickets*.... So now they've given a new dude the pleasure of selling their formerly owned by celebrities homes.

Apparently one of the houses sold but I'm not sure if it was Mona or the new guy who sold it.

Speaking of the cuddle-sac, I drove by there today.  I had breakfast nearby and I swung by on my way home.  I was curious to see if their super duper new real estate agent was holding an open house.  There is a TON of new construction in their area.  A couple of the developments have houses similar to the Brownies.  

No signs of an open house.  I did see a for sale sign hanging over the fence of one of the homes.  I think it was Meri's but I'm not sure.  A teeny for sale sign.  I didn't notice it until I was on the way home.

For people that are up to their eyeballs in debt, they don't seem to be in any hurry to sell those houses.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, toodles said:

There is a TON of new construction in their area.  A couple of the developments have houses similar to the Brownies.

I am by no means a real estate expert and have no clue about the Vegas market, but surely that is a bad sign for them selling in a hurry for a decent price if new similar developments are popping up like mushrooms nearby?

That will surely only drive their asking price down further, due to an oversupply of similar housing stock. Who is going to pay top dollar for an existing worn out McMansion when they can have a spanking brand new one down the road? 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I am by no means a real estate expert and have no clue about the Vegas market, but surely that is a bad sign for them selling in a hurry for a decent price if new similar developments are popping up like mushrooms nearby?

That will surely only drive their asking price down further, due to an oversupply of similar housing stock. Who is going to pay top dollar for an existing worn out McMansion when they can have a spanking brand new one down the road? 

My thought too.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Just our preference but we often bought homes that had established landscaping because we'd prefer to renovate in the house than start from scratch with landscaping on a pile of dirt like most new construction and do all the fencing etc.

I like trees and plants that are already growing and have some size to them

Other people might prefer a brand new house and do the landscaping and fencing themselves and wait for it to mature.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Just our preference but we often bought homes that had established landscaping because we'd prefer to renovate in the house than start from scratch with landscaping on a pile of dirt like most new construction and do all the fencing etc.

I like trees and plants that are already growing and have some size to them

Other people might prefer a brand new house and do the landscaping and fencing themselves and wait for it to mature.

So true, I get some people rather renovate and have existing landscaping to work with, but those people probably wouldn’t expect to be paying top dollar for that house if you are looking to make improvements, usually if it needs work to compete with fixtures and fittings of neighbouring properties in terms of interiors then you’d expect to pay less. Be interesting to see what the new ones are going for, I wouldn’t put it past the Browns to expect people would pay more for theirs. 

The price drops are indications they aren’t meeting the market in terms of what the houses are currently worth anyway 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

So true, I get some people rather renovate and have existing landscaping to work with, but those people probably wouldn’t expect to be paying top dollar for that house if you are looking to make improvements, usually if it needs work to compete with fixtures and fittings of neighbouring properties in terms of interiors then you’d expect to pay less. Be interesting to see what the new ones are going for, I wouldn’t put it past the Browns to expect people would pay more for theirs. 

The price drops are indications they aren’t meeting the market in terms of what the houses are currently worth anyway 

Yes good point we always put in an offer with renovation cost in mind.

However as you said they might think their houses are fine the way they are and not want to lower the price to make them more attractive for people who don't mind renovating the interior.

• Love 4