Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Michelle's High School Reunion

Looking forward to the high school reunion. It's going to be a thrill to watch J'uterus tell her old classmates that she has 19 CHILDREN, and watch them marvel at her mothering skills. Then she can talk about how much she loved high school and all the fun she had that her children are not allowed to have.

• Love 11

Don't forget that she delivered everyone of them.

Plus her MOTY award , her special child Josie and the loss of Jubilee. Michelle will make it all about her. As she always does.

Don't you usually have music from your HS days playing and everyone is dancing? (Gasp) maybe she'll take Jackson and he can let loose. Lol

• Love 6

Wait a minute? Isn't Mechelle afraid that JB will be defrauded?

So why is it ok for her to go to a school reunion and rub it in the faces of her kids?

I'm guessing that Mechelle's "fame" was the impetus for them inviting her.  They probably said they'd give her an award or some kind of special recognition at the reunion since she's "famous".  I agree, it's not fair to restrict her kids from experiencing high school and interacting with peers, yet she's going to her reunion.  Definitely hypocritical.

• Love 3

Sorry Michelle is a bitch and a horrible mother. So she can go to her high school reunion talk about her wonder years but don't give her kids the same thing or close to it. I hated high school but I do have fond memories of it. I want my own children to have that. I wonder do the kids question that mom and dad can do things and they can't.

• Love 13

Wait a minute? Isn't Mechelle afraid that JB will be defrauded?

So why is it ok for her to go to a school reunion and rub it in the faces of her kids?

From the previews, it looks like Joy was her date. So, there's that. 

• Love 1

She's probably afraid to take JB.

Once he sees all those attractive middle aged women, and then takes a look at his frumpy wife, it would be nice if he thought "why am I stuck w/this old lady who dresses like an 1840s prairie wife".

• Love 4

Didn't Michelle go to either Springdale or Fayetteville High? I know they're self-isolating, but she must have run into classmates not named Cindy all over town in the intervening THIRTY YEARS. 

• Love 5

This event is simply for the TV show, plain and simple. I'm sure her high school was having a 30 year reunion, but TLC jumped on it for the show. I find it quite strange that Michelle would choose to socially intertwine herself with that part of her life that she has severed herself from because it was so sinful and displeasing to God..why would she want to say "HELLO" to those very people and enter a den of sin? Doesn't add up. I'm sure she attended NO reunion in the past if there was one held. She clearly has said over these 10 years that she wants nothing to do with that part of her life...that would include the people that were in school with her...hypocrites.

• Love 7

Oh Lord she will show up with her frumpy look while others have surpassed her light years ago in not only style but education.

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't it be funny if the other gals in her class showed up wearing long denim skirts with various colored blouses, dark hose & clodhopper shoes?

• Love 1

Michelle fits right in a the reunion. She never left high school mentally. I've never heard her be ashamed of high school at all. She was a pretty, popular cheerleader. The same seems to be over sex/relationship stuff, only some of which overlaps with HS. Maybe she can remind Jim Bob that he was a desperate virgin loser before she came along.

Manic pixie dream girl, that never lost the mania.

• Love 2

I think I'll skip this one, Don't mind watching the episodes that feature any of the kids, but one that features narcisstic Michelle, going public with her bulimia? No thanks, I'll rely on this board to catch up. Actually, the only thing I'm wondering is how many of her former classmates who come forward and admit that they were best friends with her, and why. 

• Love 2

Oh boy! I can't wait to see MEchelle tell her heathen classmates what's what.

"Oh, Leslie, poor sinful Leslie. What ever happened to you? You have your own business, you're wearing pants, and you only have 3 kids."

"Michelle, why are you talking like a 3 year old on crack?"

• Love 14

Michelle going to her high school reunion is hypocrisy at its finest. Which is it, Michelle? Was high school a time when you were a god-less, defrauding hussy who needed to be saved by Jim Boob, and save your kids from such sin? Or was high school a time you look back on fondly, with good memories? Oh, it was a good time you look at fondly? Then why would you deny your children the same opportunities?

Michelle Duggar makes me sick. The only thing worse than that hypocrite are those who aspire to be like her.

• Love 9

She clearly has said over these 10 years that she wants nothing to do with that part of her life...that would include the people that were in school with her...hypocrites.

If anyone here has seen People's Facebook feed today, it's obvious that MEchelle thinks this is her golden opportunity to "evangelize" her sinful former classmates. She also wants to "help young girls" overcome bulimia.

Considering the fact that MEchelle didn't get one minute of meaningful assistance for what she was calling bulimia, color me shocked that this is yet another attention grabbing maneuver from the Mother of the Year. It makes me sick that she has the gall to believe anything she has to say on the subject would be helpful or meaningful to anyone caught in the almost unrelenting grip of a significant eating disorder.

• Love 4

Michelle works out in Planet Fitness:

http://www.people.com/article/michelle-duggar-struggled-bulimia-video

Planet Fitness Stand for Trans Rights:

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2015/03/09/transgender-locker-room/24650843/

Way to step in it Michelle. The media will love this one. The episode airs tonight. No time to reshoot it!

YES TRANS WOMEN USED MICHELLE'S LOCKER ROOM. Just as she prophesied. The world didn't even end.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13

Well it's probably more likely the gym where that heathen, Cindy, works out and she just brought along Michelle as her guest. I wonder if she tried talking Michelle into getting another hairstyle makeover when they finished working out? That hussy probably also tried talking Michelle into getting a new outfit and an updated pair of sensible shoes for the reunion too!

They must be showing tonight's episode out of sequence, because aren't HS reunions usually held in the Summer?

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 2

I watched that video segment of Michelle and Cindy working out at they gym. Michelle's long skirt over her leggings, are over-the-top-stupid looking. It cements the impression that she is abusing her own modesty style rules...It draws one to look at her..because she is the only one wearing a flairy long skirt....unsafe to do so..BTW, her friend, Cindy, looked quite modest and well put together..Heck, Cindy is an attractive, SLENDER woman of her age and Michelle looked like her frumpy mother working our next to her...sorry, Meechelle, but you are adding years to your look.

• Love 5

How can bulimia be cured or manage without therapy? Also I wonder what Michelle is going to think of her classmates. Those sinner women classmates who graduated high school, went to college, has a career, children, husband, and manages a household. And those sinner men who might be a stay at home dad with shared responsibilities, a career, and adores his wife. I'm surprised none of her classmates doesn't speak out how she turned out. I'm sure she had friends she gave up in high school after meeting JB

• Love 4

In the video Cindy sounded very surprised that Michelle had had an eating disorder & that Michelle never told her of it or she didn't pick up on it at the time. She found out by reading the book. Kind of makes me wonder if there really was an eating disorder or is this just an attention getting scheme by Michelle. Hopefully I'll find out more after watching the episode.

• Love 9

My first thought after watching her bug-eyed 2 min. 29 sec. video (God, that voice!) was the same as Barb 23.  The daughters have been getting entirely too much attention lately.

My daughter had problems with "mean girls" in school and was pretty much not eating anything.  With the help of a counselor, she got past it.  I think you need help for eating disorders, and not the kind Michelle is offering.

Get over yourself, you frumpy, lying, hypocrite.  Oh yeah, who the hell wears that kind of outfit to work out?

I'd love to hear some candid opinions from her classmates.

Edited by SmallTownMom
  • Love 2

Wow, that's extremely interesting. Why wouldn't Boob go with her? Didn't they go to the same school - in classes a year apart? You'd think he'd love being able to show off his massive family, fame and $$$. VERY interesting...

* Michelle said that she frequently talks to her girls (and her boys, as she added as an afterthought) about their self-worth, remembering what struggles she had with hers growing up.  Sure, because an incredibly restrictive religion and strict, patriarchal belief system will sort that low self-esteem right out!

* Josie looked completely zoned out in every one of her scenes.  I feel so sad every time I see her.

* Benseewald is still struggling to express basic concepts without descending into a spiral of confusion and stopping to collect his mangled thoughts.  Benseewald handed over his balls to Jessa long ago, never to be seen again.

* Why on earth did they bring so many kids to the high school reunion?  Is this something people typically do?  I'm 20 years post-high school and have never attended a reunion, so I honestly don't know.  I didn't see anyone else's kids there.

* I LOVED the look on the lady's face at the reunion when Jim Boob said, "Ooh, I bet you have some stories to tell about Michelle!"  Do they think we aren't aware that they hold up Michelle's "wild" pants-wearing high school days as examples for the kids of a godless, heathen creature?  I keep forgetting that, in the Duggar world, wearing a cheerleading skirt, listening to top 40 hits on the radio, and kissing boys while vertical and fully clothed makes you a total slut. 

* The producers should have included less footage of Mechelle's workouts and pointless self-image discussions and more of Johannah riding horses for her birthday.  (And definitely less of Famy . . . ugh).

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 4

Jordyn: we wore a... this thing

Josie: a bandana

Jordyn: how do you know that word?

It's breaking my heart to see how far they are in their speech. Both girs really can't piece a sentence together.

• Love 6

Wow, that's extremely interesting. Why wouldn't Boob go with her? Didn't they go to the same school - in classes a year apart? You'd think he'd love being able to show off his massive family, fame and $$$. VERY interesting...

I thought Jim Bob went to Shiloh Christian School?

In the video Cindy sounded very surprised that Michelle had had an eating disorder & that Michelle never told her of it or she didn't pick up on it at the time. She found out by reading the book. Kind of makes me wonder if there really was an eating disorder or is this just an attention getting scheme by Michelle. Hopefully I'll find out more after watching the episode.

This is what I was thinking too. I think now that the Baby Factory has closed, Mechelle has found another way to keep the light shining on HER. I'm guessing if there's ANY truth to this at all, it was that Mechelle stuck her finger down her throat once or twice after a meal, to see if she could handle it - decided she couldn't - and never did anything again. In NONE of the photos that have been shown does she look anywhere close to bulimic or anorexic.

Related trivia - I recently read a very interesting book in which one of Princess Diana's closest friends tells the author that she always doubted that Diana was truly bulimic. She was very thin at times but never to the extreme that most patients reach, and her hair, eyes, gums/teeth and skin were far too healthy and perfect. The friend, who was a trained therapist of some kind, said that true bulimics never look as good as Diana, even at her thinnest point, did. Her theory was that Diana "dabbled" in bulima in order to get attention, especially since her illness did not begin until after she was married.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

An Arkansas Razorbacks T-shirt with...pearls. Wow, some style there, wedding coordinator!

Sad that JoyAnna thinks MEchelle was "wild" in high school. Her head would explode if she was ever exposed to truly wild behavior.

• Love 5

-Yes Michelle, lets make all about you.

-Asking people to name your kids. Keeping it klassy.

-No Josh and Anna in the episodes. A bright light in all of this crap.

-Joy said her mother was crazy in high school. No comment.

-I have a hard time believing Michelle had an eating disorder since she was pregnant so many times. And a patient with an eating disorder does not completely heal from their illness.

-Cindy mentioning window washing during the exercise scenes. Does Michelle ever wash a window.

-Was Cindy and Michelle at Planet Fitness? Planet Fitness is endorsed on The Biggest Loser. One trainer on the show is gay, and one former female trainer is bi-sexual. Ironic much.

-And if Michelle was struggling with self esteem than why does she believe she cause her male neighbor to leave his wife after he saw her mow the lawn in a sexy outfit.

Related trivia - I recently read a very interesting book in which one of Princess Diana's closest friends tells the author that she always doubted that Diana was truly bulimic. She was very thin at times but never to the extreme that most patients reach, and her hair, eyes, gums/teeth and skin were far too healthy and perfect. The friend, who was a trained therapist of some kind, said that true bulimics never look as good as Diana, even at her thinnest point, did.

But... can you really say that someone is "truly" bulimic or not if that's the criteria? Where do you draw the line? Do you have to go all the way to emaciation and rotted teeth to be considered a "true" bulimic? Like, until you reach that "goal" you're just seeking attention? People can be overweight and still have bulimia or anorexia and they can have seemingly perfect teeth and still have it. You don't automatically turn into a toothless skeleton the moment you start having an eating disorder, it's quite a journey.

I'm not usually one to defend Michelle and I do think she loves attention, but just because people didn't notice doesn't mean she wasn't bulimic. And if she hid it she clearly didn't want attention drawn to it at the time. Honestly, I have no problem believing she had an eating disorder as well as self-esteem issues before she met Jim-Bob and later got involved in Gothardism, because cults prey on the weak and I do think both her and Boob were insecure enough to fall for the cult-speak, though perhaps for different reasons.

• Love 13

There's a difference between features and a full-blown disorder. i'm honestly not sure what to make of Michelle's claims. It *sounds* to me like she just tried extreme dieting for a while when she was a teen, and it got blown that out of proportion for attention. If she did/does have a real disorder though, I feel sorry for her. Eating disorders are usually about control, and she does have control issues.

It's so damn hard to know. If she got a tiny splinter 30 years ago, it was be - '"You wouldn't believe it, this wood PENETRATED my skin. It HURT SO MUCH there was BLOOD and everything! I couldn't even GET IT OUT! I PRAYED and PRAYED, I WANTED TO DIE, and eventually it went away a few hours later. IT WAS TERRIBLE."

Kind of like how she likes recounting how every pregnancy could've killed her. Technically true, but a shitty thing to dump on your kid's birthday parties.

• Love 14

Michelle on Cindy. "We met in first grade and we clicked right away. It's such a blessing to have a friend like that."

Then why did you deny your kids the same opportunity?? Also She and Cindy have each other's backs, which is such a cheerleader/sorority girl thing to say. 

Cindy  "You are the only person I know who has 19 kids and the only one who works out every day." 

She should take Jana, Jinger, Jessa and Joy with her.

That was definitely Planet Fitness. 

I get the feeling that Cindy only sees the part of Michelle she wants to see. She didn't see the bulimia in high school and she doesn't see Michelle as anything other than  mother of the year. 

There has been talk of a spin-off which doesn't seem like that great a plan. If there was to be spin-off, I would be most interested in seeing Sierra the wedding planner in her own show. Kind of Duggars meets Gypsy weddings with elements of all the wedding dress shows. It would be better than this. TLC it's right up your alley, make it happen. 

The switch to Hannie's birthday seemed to come out of nowhere. 

I liked that they did something fun for her birthday. 

If she didn't bring all her kids, how would they know she had 19 kids?

I don't think anyone I went to high school with has 19 kids,  I hope not. (Although I'm quite a bit younger than J'Chelle.)

• Love 2

Planet fitness allows transgender people in their bathrooms Michelle. And doesn't planet fitness have a bunch of hot half naked men and women?

Edited by maraleia
changed transexuals to transgender people per GLAAD media guide standards
  • Love 1

Does Michelle not understand the word hypocrisy? She's so grateful for those high school years that led her to the Lord and showed her how to overcome struggles with her identity and self worth- BUT, she sees no value in giving her children the same opportunities? The problem with Michelle is that she was essentially a normal teenage girl and we all know she can't stand to be common. She doesn't have a degree in higher education, but she is a teacher. She was promiscuous and hormonal just like every other girl in school, but now she is committed to purity and has "a wonderful husband". She questioned her self worth, just like every kid everywhere, but she had 19 kids that she gladly limped out on tv to remind herself just how amazing a mom she is. She is such a good friend that she will smile to your face and say she doesn't judge, while making robo calls to openly lie about your lifestyle. Wow, isnt she just the best? If her yearbook had a category for biggest hypocrite, she should've won that Senior Superlative. There's no better way to spin your, essentially, white trash, fundamental conservative wing nut gig than to put it on tv and profit from it? The show is a big "f.u." to all those people who thought marrying yogurt boy at 17 and having more kids than you could feed was a bad idea.

• Love 16

Planet fitness allows transsexuals in their bathrooms Michelle. And doesn't planet fitness have a bunch of hot half naked men and women?

Do we know if the Duggars use locker rooms at all? I can't remember if they have said. I thought they didn't because they don't want to be naked around anyone.