Type keyword(s) to search

WTH is CDB? Acronyms and Nicknames of the Walking Dead

• Start Topic

Pre-ZA / ZA / Post-ZA:

• Abbreviations relating to the Zombie Apocalypse:
  • Pre-ZA refers to the time span of human history which preceded the initial outbreak.
  • ZA collectively refers to both (a) the initial onset of the undead virus in the world, and (b) the time sequence following the initial viral outbreak.
  • Post-ZA refers exclusively to the time sequence following the initial viral outbreak.

CDBS / CDB Syndrome:

• A highly contagious disease with a 100% mortality rate.  Infection is usually diagnosed when someone who has managed to stay alive throughout the entire course of the ZA dies shortly after coming into contact with one or more members of CDB, usually in an exceedingly stupid or easily avoidable manner which totally belies their previous history of survival.  Empirical evidence strongly suggests CDB members are carriers of this virus.
  • Love 8

SAD is Sasha, Abraham, Daryl

GA is General Audience (those who don't frequent message boards or chase spoilers) whilst GAH is Gale Ann Hard, one of the executive producers from the beginning. And with that, I've run out of usefulness here.

• Love 2

GAH is Gale Anne Hurd, although I enjoyed the Gale Ann Hard typo above.  It can be hard to be hurd.  I'll let myself out. 

CDBS / CDB Syndrome:

• A highly contagious disease with a 100% mortality rate.  Infection is usually diagnosed when someone who has managed to stay alive throughout the entire course of the ZA dies shortly after coming into contact with one or more members of CDB, usually in an exceedingly stupid or easily avoidable manner which totally belies their previous history of survival.  Empirical evidence strongly suggests CDB members are carriers of this virus.

As evidenced by the I'll just take a little lie down between these two glassified zombies plan that we saw recently.  Just a few hours around Daryl and you're resting among the walkers.  Had she met the rest of CDB, she would have dry humped them.  

• Love 4

Evil Genie Morgan:

"His return was like we made a wish to an evil genie. We wanted "Morgan" back, and the genie said, "OKAY!" but we weren't specific enough so now we're stuck with this psycho version of "Morgan" because "a lot" has happened to him since we saw him last. Next time, we should write it out with bullet points."      FIVEBY FIVE'S post in the thread for Season 6 Episode 8: Start to Finish ...

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

Evil Genie Morgan:

"His return was like we made a wish to an evil genie...

The same one from X Files. Mulder wished for "Peace on Earth". The genie made Mulder the last human on Earth. "That's not what I meant!" "You weren't specific"

• Love 7

I must be the most oblivious human being on planet Earth.  

I just watched Land of the Dead (and Diary of the Dead) and saw that Nicotero was involved with the special effects on that film.  Interesting that in LOTD, the zombies were called "walkers" and "stenches" (my personal favorite zombie slang).

I was then doing a mental countdown of all of the names the walkers have been called on TWD.  

*Walkers

*Rotters

*Biters

*Roamers

*Geeks

*Lamebrains

Anyone else recall any other slang terms for the undead on this show?

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't someone - the Saviors maybe - call them Growlers?

Although to me that doesn't make much sense since they more groan than growl, but...

Edited by AwesomO4000
Because then and them are not the same thing. Damn typos.
  • Love 1
On 3/9/2015 at 3:16 PM, morgankobi said:

CDB = Camp Dinner Bell

• Rick's group at any given time/any given make-up of members. Origin: "Guts" when Rick was loud enough he might as well be "ringing a dinner bell" for the walkers. It continues to reference the lack of stealth our group seems to show even after all this time.

• It stands for Camp Dinner Bell, which has been a nickname for Rick's group since season one. In Guts, when Rick  comes into the mall after shooting his way down the street, and now there are walkers pressed all up on the doors, Andrea tells him that his noise "just rang their dinner bell". And then the group continues to do idiotic things that practically bring walkers down on top of them. (ghoulina's definition from the Forget episode thread)

From the first post in the thread.

• Love 2

Bye Bob:

• A long, drawn-out death scene for a character.  Incorporates individual discussions with each and every remaining cast member, more closure than pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, extensive pre- and post-death eulogizing, and nominations for canonization.  Ends with the deathbed occupant welcoming demise as sweet sweet relief from all the incessant jawing.
Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 3

BullShit:

•  New made-up rules about infection induced by injuries caused by walker-gore tained blades and bullets.  And this was after watching Rick cut himself on a machete, that he was pulling out of a walker, but no infection occurred in that scenario about a month ago (in the TWD timeline).