Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Unforgiven

• Start Topic

The only part of this episode I like is the c plot of Emma seeking out Hook’s history with Ursula and the speech about seeing the good in each other.

I still hated this episode.  If Snowing had been so concerned about Emma "tumbling down a dark path" before, they would have overreacted in many other moments in the last few seasons.  The whole setup in this episode for the lie was contrived as hell.

I know it was supposed to be funny but shouldn't Henry be a bit perturbed to hear about how Regina killed every villager in the north woods or whatever?  Regina yelling at Pinocchio was disturbing.  So much for reformed.  Surely, they thought it was extremely unlikely the kid would remember anything his older self did.

If Maleficent can make an entire castle sleep at will, why bother turning into a dragon?  Why not just make the guards on the bridge sleep right away?

I forgot if there ended up being a reason why Rumple even needed Maleficent to be resurrected in Storybrooke.  

August having secret knowledge about the book because he took it apart makes no sense.  

Snow wouldn't help Maleficent but she was later gung-ho to ask Rumple for help?  Granted, I did understand why she wouldn't trust her after the murder of the three guards, which seemed to traumatize Snow.  But talk about inconsistent.

20 hours ago, Camera One said:

I forgot if there ended up being a reason why Rumple even needed Maleficent to be resurrected in Storybrooke.  

"We need to reunite the band". I guess he was just trying to recruit former baddies in order to figure out who the Author was. He didn't have many choices for allies. Maybe it was just to placate Ursula and Cruella? He found out about what Snowing did from the other two, which is what he would've needed in order to reanimate her ashes.

Spoiler

I suppose that's how he found out Lily was alive in the Land Without Magic too.

Edited by KingOfHearts
20 hours ago, Camera One said:

Snow wouldn't help Maleficent but she was later gung-ho to ask Rumple for help?  Granted, I did understand why she wouldn't trust her after the murder of the three guards, which seemed to traumatize Snow.  But talk about inconsistent.

Snow, again, kind of looks like a hypocrite here. She doesn't trust villains unless it's Regina who needs her 1,001th chance at redemption.