Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

31 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Yeah between that business they are trying to get off the ground and selling the house I wonder if they need the money? 

Well KDP posted this so I guess she liked working with RSW. And you know what? I give anyone credit who at least puts effort into their work so good for him for trying! So many sleepwalk through scenes

Jill Larson had a lot of good things to say about him when he was on the online AMC reboot, too.  I think RSW is a good guy who has been badly misused with this character.

And KDP is just so gracious to all her co-workers as, it sounds RSW is. 

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

I think the people hate Ben because of the worship not for the actual actor at least he doesn't phone it in. I respect that because goodness knows the material isn't worth giving it your all.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

I dislike the actor because of his extremely limited range, and perpetual smug look on his face. I believe he's trying to make the most of this experience and puts effort into his work, I just don't think he's ever moved out of the modelling sphere, even when compared to Sal, who I also think is extremely limited.

I really wish Kassie hadn't posted that, because this actor and his character don't need any more propping already considering how Deidre and the producers apparently love him.

He grunted and grimaced, big deal. We already saw him do that when Abigail doused him with gasoline and lit him on fire. This just happened to be three days of it.

• Like 3

Graciousness keeps acting job doors open. Seems like many younger actors just see a soap as a mere stepping stone to a film or TV series career. Good for both of them. Kassie has probably seen a lot in her career.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really wish Kassie hadn't posted that, because this actor and his character don't need any more propping already considering how Deidre and the producers apparently love him.

I think the show already values RSW more than they value KDP even if Ron does love her. 

And KDP tends to be positive about her costars in general.  It's actually smart.  If people are mad on Twitter about the torture, maybe it'll help stave off any negativity towards her on her personal account.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

14 hours ago, boes said:

Some (very) good soul, a while back now, has put up years and years of Ryan's Hope episodes, uploaded in consequential order.  I assume that person recorded them when the entire series was rebroadcast on the extinct Soap channel and uploaded from there.  I've watched that more than once and have gone back to it during the pandemic.  The video quality is pretty good, all things considered.  

But it sure would be nice to have ALL the shows you mentioned, on air in great viewing condition.

I loved Ryan's Hope and really enjoyed re-watching it on the now gone SoapNet.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think the show already values RSW more than they value KDP even if Ron does love her. 

And KDP tends to be positive about her costars in general.  It's actually smart.  If people are mad on Twitter about the torture, maybe it'll help stave off any negativity towards her on her personal account.

The Cin fanbase on tweeter need to get a grip, some of the things they are posting just boggles my mind. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry over their idiocy.. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the people hate Ben because of the worship not for the actual actor at least he doesn't phone it in. I respect that because goodness knows the material isn't worth giving it your all.

we hate the serial killer. we dont really hate Scott.

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I dislike the actor because of his extremely limited range, and perpetual smug look on his face. I believe he's trying to make the most of this experience and puts effort into his work, I just don't think he's ever moved out of the modelling sphere, even when compared to Sal, who I also think is extremely limited.

He grunted and grimaced, big deal. We already saw him do that when Abigail doused him with gasoline and lit him on fire. This just happened to be three days of it.

Yeah, I dont hate him as a person but leading man he is certainly not . Even Brandon Beemer is barely better than RSW .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And KDP tends to be positive about her costars in general.  It's actually smart.

I think it's also just generally being professional.  I lose pretty much all respect for actors who whine about their co-stars, directors, producers, writers, etc.*  Complain about that stuff to your friends.  Keep all work related comments positive to the customers/general public.

*I don't mean if they have real gripes, such as workplace safety, #metoo incidents, etc.  I'm just talking about petty stuff and substandard work.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think it's also just generally being professional.  I lose pretty much all respect for actors who whine about their co-stars, directors, producers, writers, etc.*  Complain about that stuff to your friends.  Keep all work related comments positive to the customers/general public.

*I don't mean if they have real gripes, such as workplace safety, #metoo incidents, etc.  I'm just talking about petty stuff and substandard work.

Not to mention, they get paid alot of money and have access to alot of perks that the average person will never have.. I also hate it when petty beefs behind the scenes affect the quality of the show. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think it's also just generally being professional. 

True.  But not saying anything can also be professional.  She, more than a lot of people, will offer up unprompted kind words about her co-stars.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well he told no lies.

I don't know if this means anything as to AZ's status on the show but

Alan Locher interviewed Ari and Shawn for his youtube show. They said they bought a house in Lake Tahoe. Shawn said he has a marketing degree. Explains their latest endeavor. Marketing themselves by helping people.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

PT responded to a Xander/Sarah fan about live tweeting this Friday's episode for Xarah reunion and KDP replied to a post made by PT earlier on. I loved those two's graciousness, humor and positive attitude.

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, Rafael said:

Is it possible that Bryan Datillo and Casey Moss arent viewed as leading men because of their height ?

I think that's part of it especially when neither of them fit into the chiseled hunky leading man role. Neither of them are considered masculine enough by TPTB either. Lucas was at least was in a popular pairing w/ Sami, father of one of the few gay characters in the show's history, and Kate's son(this show loves Kate for some strange reason) for that he will always be welcome for visits.

I don't expect Casey Moss/JJ to return there's nothing for him here. Despite his parents and sister being here JJ is treated as more of an afterthought than Lucas.

Also they play Horton males and is there are no Horton blood males that have been written as longstanding leading men on this show. The exceptions have been Tom and Mickey(although by the 80s he was treated as an afterthought who was known for losing cases more than anything).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1

Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread.