Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Like that's ever stopped a soap.

Case in point Jack. Dead with organs donated? Who cares! Soaps throw out the rules all the time.  Though since this is Ron at the helm I'm sure we'll get something really, really stupid explaining how Stefan could be alive.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Case in point Jack. Dead with organs donated? Who cares! Soaps throw out the rules all the time.  Though since this is Ron at the helm I'm sure we'll get something really, really stupid explaining how Stefan could be alive.

Rolf regenerated a new heart.  I've literally had it with this show. I haven't watched it since a couple of weeks before the time jump, but I still feel free to snark because it's a free country.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

They've already given that same story with Adrienne. I'm just sitting here waiting for the reveal that she's actually alive somewhere, despite that explanation, but I guess they could say it runs in the family at that point? 🤪

• LOL 6

So at some other board, I read where it was allegedly said by Kristian Alfonso on some podcast, that, waaaaay back in 1983, a then-unknown actor by the name of Tom Cruise auditioned for Bo Brady!

No way could I ever see that working... I guess the casting director agreed. LOL!

That being said, I do know I read that Julia Roberts once screen tested for a role on Santa Barbara and obviously didn't get the role, either. (If I recall, JR is/was a huge Days fan.)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

So what does this mean exactly on the surface it sounds good but unless there's a shorter tape to air delay and a bigger budget this is just lip service? Or am I too cynical here?

What do you mean?  I think all they confirmed is that it would stay on NBC instead of moving to streaming.  I don't know what else is happening. 

• Love 2

I'm wondering if they considered having it appear on Peacock instead of NBC. That it was going to be removed from broadcast network and be exclusively online. Not sure if that would work for a daily soap that's barely surviving as is.

Absolutely disgusted at the prospect of Summer Townsend's return.

Like WTF ?! Literally Nobody ever clamoured for this horrible retcOn job to be brought back to the show .

Why not atleast try to bring back Julie Pinson to reprise the role of Billie Reed ?

But Summer freaking Townsend ??!!! 

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGHUGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH!!!!!

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1

Days of Our Lives to resume production on Monday, January 27, per sources.

Sources have stated that Days of Our Lives is set to resume production, after an 8.5 week break, on Monday, January 27. This is in addition to the Drake Hogestyn (John) comment he made on Cameo recently about the January 27 return date. Days was finishing up late August 2020 episodes on the last day of production on Wednesday, November 27, 2019. The first week back will pick up finishing the last of the August scenes and the first weeks of September 2020 episodes.

Although this extended production break got a lot more coverage than others in the past, it actually was just two days longer (60 days) than the previous longest break (58 days) that Days took from November 2016-January 2017.

• Love 2

No idea what/if it means as far as potential extra revenue for the show or royalties for the actors, etc., but this seems like a positive thing:

And yeah, that picture is ooooooooooooollllllllllllddddddddddd. 🤣

You can look through that thread to see what else is going to be on Peacock. It's a bunch of new, current and former NBC shows, movies, etc. I saw they're even going to make their late night shows available at least 3 hours early, ahead of when they're scheduled to air on the traditional broadcast channel.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

No idea what/if it means as far as potential extra revenue for the show or royalties for the actors, etc., but this seems like a positive thing:

And yeah, that picture is ooooooooooooollllllllllllddddddddddd. 🤣

You can look through that thread to see what else is going to be on Peacock. It's a bunch of new, current and former NBC shows, movies, etc. I saw they're even going to make their late night shows available at least 3 hours early, ahead of when they're scheduled to air on the traditional broadcast channel.

FYI It still shows up as the background pic on Comcast On Demand except for a couple of people most of the actors are still on the show though

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Are they going to abandon the DOOL and Days of Out Lives apps and move the digital shows over to pay service?

I don't know for sure, but at this point I don't believe so. It seems this is just the show that airs on the broadcast network, and not anything that's produced specifically for the app. Hopefully there will be some clarification from the show, or perhaps we'll see a further announcement from the Peacock account.

I will say, there are like 3 different levels of service for Peacock. There's a free option, $5 or $10/month, depending on how many shows and how few ads you want. This is part of why they have to come up with soooooooooooo much content for the streaming service.

Edit - Some more info:

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I will say, there are like 3 different levels of service for Peacock. There's a free option, $5 or $10/month, depending on how many shows and how few ads you want. This is part of why they have to come up with soooooooooooo much content for the streaming service.

And right now Comcast subscribers will get access to streaming and their new shows.

I was wondering about whether or not we'd get the old episodes on Peacock.  Sad that it looks to be only current stuff since Sony pulls old stuff from YouTube.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

Supposedly, the actual show will still be on network and not the streaming app for, at least, the next season once negotiations are done. I don't care about the other nonsense like the Last Blast, etc.  To be honest, this show is losing viewers for free - I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay for this.

ETA: LOL - thanks, @boes!  I guess it would have worked either way!!!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Supposedly, the actual show will still be on network and not the steaming app for, at least, the next season once negotiations are done. I don't care about the other nonsense like the Last Blast, etc.  To be honest, this show is losing viewers for free - I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay for this.

I know you meant "the streaming app", but I think '"steaming" fits this big pile of crap much better!

Like you say, who would ever pay to sit through this?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, howmanywords said:

The prObLeM with this is that the show will end up being reduced to a farce. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Rafael said:

The prObLeM with this is that the show will end up being reduced to a farce. 

To be fair the show has been a farce since Marlena was possessed by the devil.  It has never recovered from that time period. 

• Love 12

Im terrified that  Ron would bring back the most useless, pointless character in the show’s history. Who am I referring to ? … im referring to Alex North!!!!!

I have been scared to EVEN mention the name Alex anywhere near the name North since the summer of 2017 when Ron took over Days. I knew if he caught wind of a random, unconnected psycho from years past, he would gladly bring him back. We all know this hack cant write for sh!t when it comes to non-psycho's . 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rafael said:

Im terrified that  Ron would bring back the most useless, pointless character in the show’s history. Who am I referring to ? … im referring to Alex North!!!!!

I have been scared to EVEN mention the name Alex anywhere near the name North since the summer of 2017 when Ron took over Days. I knew if he caught wind of a random, unconnected psycho from years past, he would gladly bring him back. We all know this hack cant write for sh!t when it comes to non-psycho's . 

Oh God, Alex North!!!!!  What a ridiculous way to bring back Wayne Northrop. They could of come up with a different role for him then giving Marlena a random abusive never before mentioned first husband.

The only good thing that storyline did was unintentionally give some texture to the Marlena/Kate friendship when they were younger. 

It also help most people forget the previous absurd storyline of mid fifties Marlena being pregnant by Roman. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Im terrified that  Ron would bring back the most useless, pointless character in the show’s history. Who am I referring to ? … im referring to Alex North

Stooop! 

When they brought Wayne (who I LOVE) I remember being so pissed they simply didnt ditch Josh Taylor and have Wayne play Roman again. Giving him such a shit character was insulting.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought that already happened lol.

Yeah, Corday had announced it but not NBC. Corday should have known better, lmao, but it wasn't officially official until NBC confirmed it. 😊 I also saw the announcement that production resumes next week, so I presume they were taking all this time to work out the details in order to get the renewal for sure.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Victoria Konefal just put out a plea on her social media for help in finding her aunt, who has Alzheimer's, who is missing.

https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/days-of-our-lives-star-victoria-konefal-reveals-her-aunt-is-missing

Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease. I saw my grandmother change and decline with it, and I know it's not easy. I hope VK's aunt is found safe and sound.

Freddie Smith has a really good YouTube channel/podcast. He’s been giving his side of the firing of him & Chandler Massey. Today Chandler was on & looking great with a beard. With his glasses he looks very James Dean. They were both shocked by the sudden & swift firing. It’s part of the business but how it was done seemed to take them aback. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

https://tvline.com/2020/03/06/roscoe-born-dead-at-69-santa-barbara-one-life-to-live/  

Soap Vet Roscoe Born Dead at 69

Roscoe Born, who brought to life many a memorable character across a decades-long daytime-TV career that spanned shows such as Santa Barbara and One Life to Live, has died at age 69.

“It is with a heavy heart that I share the news of Roscoe Born’s passing,” friend and business partner Deanna Lynne shared on the Born Roscoe Songs Facebook page. “He was an incredibly talented actor and songwriter. Many who knew him know how dedicated he was to social and political causes. He will be missed forever.”

After starting out his acting career with guest spots on series such as Joe Forrester, The Rockford Files and The Incredible Hulk, Born played reporter Mark Bailey on the ABC primetime sudser Paper Dolls.

From there, he dove into a long run of daytime-TV roles, including Ryan’s Hope‘s Joe Novak, Santa Barbara‘s Robert Barr and Quinn Armitage (for which he earned a Daytime Emmy nod in 1990), All My Children‘s Jim Thomasen, The City‘s Nick Rivers, Passions‘ Warden, The Young and the Restless‘ Tom Fisher and, last but not least, One Life to Life‘s super-nefarious Mitch Laurence.

A cause of death has not yet been disclosed.

Born’s OLTL co-star, Melissa Archer, was among those to remember the actor:

Ron Carlivati is truly horrible . the man s stint is a total disaster .I can't stand this hack and his sloppy writing and his garbage rerun of his past storylines he crafted at other shows and storylines written on Days years ago.   !!!

Walk away Carlivati !!! Take a hike !!! You are awful !!!!

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

Thanks to the Corona Virus hysteria , alot of people are gon stay behind closed doors and surely they would be looking for some escapism . this presents a good opportunity for daytime soapies since more eyeballs are gon be  on their shows. Unfortunately ,these viewers will be appalled at Days and its princess Gina BS . The show is so abysmal right now that I reckon the new viewers will laugh at the show and its garbage storylines and highschool theatre budget . 

the production schedule is so far ahead that there is no time to correct abysmal storylines so the chances that this show will attract new viewers ,with the current storylines , is virtually impossible and its all thanks to Carlivati.

It is truly a wasted opportunity.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

I think the Stevano stuff is the worst, because it feels like a mockery of what made the show great years ago.

If it wasn't still going on, and they were focusing on slightly more believable drama, like the baby switch stuff, I think viewers would be tuning back in and sticking with it. It's funny, you and I are on the same wavelength because I was just thinking the same thing - that this virus and everyone staying at home might actually improve the ratings for Days. But now, people have tons of choices for entertainment and they're not going to sit through something that they feel is moronic when they can just jump on over to Netflix or some other streaming service and watch something they'll actually enjoy.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Rafael said:

the production schedule is so far ahead that there is no time to correct abysmal storylines so the chances that this show will attract new viewers ,with the current storylines , is virtually impossible and its all thanks to Carlivati.

Even if they weren't far ahead, they still wouldn't be able to correct because everything's shut down.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:03 PM, Katy M said:

Even if they weren't far ahead, they still wouldn't be able to correct because everything's shut down.

An article I saw today said they have enough episodes to last until sometime in October.  While I'm NOT saying this virus is a good thing, I DO think the forced shut down is (they should have done it anyway).  Maybe when they start back up (if they do) they'll be at a point where they can actually gauge viewer reaction and trash story lines that people hate and continue to develop popular characters/pairings.  Oh who am I kidding, Days will still continue to churn out total crap with JUST enough good stuff to keep us watching.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9