Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Saturday Night Live's opening last night was called "Days of Our Impeachment".  I won't link it here because it's political, but if you look for it, you can watch it elsewhere.

It was really awesome!

• Love 5
On 11/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, Irlandesa said:

My spec:

ONE:  I think most of the younger actors will try to be active in pilot season.  If anyone actually lands a pilot, it'll be the worst actor among them.  But hey, bye bye Ben!  His show (CW, of course) will be quickly cancelled.

TWO: One or two actors will get poached by another soap.  Perhaps one vet, like Galen, and then another who will return to a role they had previously. (I'm thinking Lindsay Godfrey going back to B&B even though her character there is dead.)

THREE: I think most of the vets care more about working than salary.  Not that they don't want to be paid.  They do but as long as they can live on the salary DOOL will pay, they'll work.  I also think there will be fewer contracts.

FINALLY: I think this is all being done for a potential move to Peacock, NBC's streaming service.  I don't know if it'll happen next year but Corday might be trying to get his ducks in a row to make the switch easier.

I do hope BnB gets Galen Gering and cast him as Hector Ramirez . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

I'm legit surprised I really thought it was going to be cancelled or maybe they really don't have a better replacement. 

Hopefully this renewal comes with a bigger budget and better writing but I doubt it.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6

So are they still going to have the same taping schedule? I say this because they already filmed till July 2020.  If they return for filming in January will they be filming Aug/Sept 2020?
Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I'm THRILLED at the renewal news!  Not so much at the return to filming in January, as 8 months between taping and airing is insane.  But still very happy the show will be around till at least Sep 2021.  

Yeah it sounds like they just got to keep the lights on for another year and that's good but I don't expect any changes beyond that and one would think after all the hoopla over it being cancelled the show would get a bigger budget etc but that's never going to happen is it?

• Love 1

They probably didn't get a bigger budget (although all the set changes we're seeing now are money, IMO) but if they're coming back in Jan, I am not sure if that gives them a lot of time to cut the salaries of the cast as was alleged.  I could be wrong but if that were the plan, I would think they'd keep the production schedule as returning in March. 

It's a bummer they're still going to be so far out but I don't know how much difference 4 months would make compared to 8 months these days.  Neither example gives the show much opportunity to pivot.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They probably didn't get a bigger budget (although all the set changes we're seeing now are money, IMO) but if they're coming back in Jan, I am not sure if that gives them a lot of time to cut the salaries of the cast as was alleged.  I could be wrong but if that were the plan, I would think they'd keep the production schedule as returning in March. 

It's a bummer they're still going to be so far out but I don't know how much difference 4 months would make compared to 8 months these days.  Neither example gives the show much opportunity to pivot.

Are they new money or money they saved when they got rid of Claire, Tripp etc.  I think 4 months would be better than 8 but not by much.  Course I would also like good writing but that's way too optimistic on my part.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

They may find some additional savings if they migrate more folks to recurring status and re-focus on 80 full-fledged cast members.

I guess the Chabby in Paris web series worked well into their new model.  From what Farah Fath tweeted, they filmed the entire Last Blast web series in under a week.  She was on a long-scheduled international trip, which is why her role was re-cast (at least that's the reason she provided).

I can't imagine that Corday makes much $$$ from the web series. Then again, it may not cost very much to produce either. Not sure what SAG guidelines web-actors operate under, if at all.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

So are they still going to have the same taping schedule? I say this because they already filmed till July 2020.  If they return for filming in January will they be filming Aug/Sept 2020?

They're probably going to stay way ahead, but it'll at least get cut down a little bit over the hiatus. They'll have filmed most of July by next Wednesday, when the break begins. Chandler and Freddie anticipated returning in late January, which would mean they'd likely be about 6 months ahead when they resume production. They'll at least have some feedback from the time jump and will have a plan in place as far as where to take the stories when they come back to the studio.

ETA - Y'all, I love him:

😄

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 5

They should still be in July when they return. This week they're filming through what will air on July 20ish (source = http://www.jason47.com/days/productionschedule.html), so I'd have to think that puts them around July 27ish by next Wednesday when they leave for the hiatus. So if they resume, say, the week of January 27th, they'll be back to filming roughly 6 months ahead. It won't take long for them to get 7-8 months ahead again, of course, but at least when they start up again they'll have made up some of that tape-to-air gap with an idea of what's working vs. what's not in this time jump stuff.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 2

It probably does but they were dating 3 years before that. I admit I'm curious what happened though... I remember when Chrishell and Lindsay were co-stars on AMC when Lindsay was married to Justin... their characters played rivals more or less.

• Love 4

I couldn’t remember who he was to before CH. in all the articles it mention a child from a previous marriage but for the life of me I couldn’t remember who. Now, I can rest easy. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I couldn’t remember who he was to before CH. al,nt he articles mention a child from a previous marriage but for the life of me I couldn’t remember who. Now, I can rest easy. LOL!!!

Justin used to be on Passions and played Fox Crane the brother to Ethan Crane(Eric Martsolf played him but Travis Schuldt originated the role). He was married to Lindsay Korman they have a daughter.

She of course was Arianna Hernandez on Days but she was also Cara Castillo on AMC while CH was Amanda Dillon her character was married to Jake who used to be married to Cara. Amanda was insecure about Jake/Cara's past. Course Lindsey was married to Justin until a few years ago then later on he dated CH they got married and FF to today here we are.

• Love 1

Well there aren't many people of color on soaps. I mean there aren't any Asian actors/actresses either on soaps that would get nominated for daytime. I get what she's saying but winning a Daytime Emmy doesn't really mean much these days when there are 4 soaps left on the air and its  a politicized popularity contest regardless of race.

I find myself unduly interested in Chrishell's divorce, but more because of Justin.  He made some comments on a podcast about his divorce from Lindsey that were interesting, and I kinda want to hear what he would say in this situation, which I really hope is different.

• Love 1

He hasn't said much of anything now but I actually don't see it bitter on his end of things at least. Unless money was involved I found it interesting he wanted her to pay her own bills etc. Its been a couple days sure we would've heard something by now. CH hasn't said anything so my guess is Justin didn't do anything too terrible otherwise she would've blabbed about it like she has with past exes.

5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

He hasn't said much of anything now but I actually don't see it bitter on his end of things at least. Unless money was involved I found it interesting he wanted her to pay her own bills etc. Its been a couple days sure we would've heard something by now. CH hasn't said anything so my guess is Justin didn't do anything too terrible otherwise she would've blabbed about it like she has with past exes.

I find it interesting that he wanted her to pay her own bills.  I hope they work it out, couples have been known to get back together even after one party has filed for divorce.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I find it interesting that he wanted her to pay her own bills.  I hope they work it out, couples have been known to get back together even after one party has filed for divorce.

I too am surprised by this divorce.  They have literally gushed about each other constantly.  It feels like something weird must have happened.

I am not a fan of Chrishell's acting.  Saw her a bit on AMC and then she had a small part on Y and R.  I actually didn't mind her rather bland Jordan 1.0 but I kind of love her evil Jordan now.  She should really just go into Lifetime movies and always play the BSC stalker woman.

• Love 5
On 11/24/2019 at 2:06 AM, Silver Raven said:

Camila calling out the Emmys nominating process.

I'm glad she made this public comment.  It's ridiculous that CB hasn't been nominated in the lead category.  She consistently turns in stellar performances and has done so for years.

In other news, I'm thrilled about the renewal!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Camila absolutely deserves recognition in the lead category. I wonder if her tweet will get any traction.

Probably not because the soap genre is pretty much dead and the Daytime Emmys aren't even on TV anymore.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:13 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Camila absolutely deserves recognition in the lead category. I wonder if her tweet will get any traction.

I think it will do the reverse.

Her tweet is attacking the voting academy. 

• Love 1

I get what Camila Banus is going for, and while I don't blame her for being angry at the lack of Latinx daytime representation in terms of nominations, going all McShouty and angry on Twitter does not seem like the wise way to try and change things. (In my humble opinion.) How? I don't know. But I think this approach will only do as has been shown: Pick fights with others in the dwindling soap community and be seen (even if it isn't!) as sour grapes because Banus herself did not get a nomination.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I don't consider what Camil Banus tweeted to be shouty or angry.  She made a point with the platform she has.  It's not like she organized a walkout. 

The capital letters usually are implied as "shouting" on the 'net. As I said, just my take on the whole thing.

• Love 3