Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Dena tweeted that Drake Hogestyn was back at work today.

I'm so happy to hear that. Now I can enjoy all the John scenes without always wondering how Drake's doing every time John's onscreen.

• Love 3

Jen Lilley/Theresa will be guesting  on Greys Anatomy the episode will air this month. Also she posted a pic of her baby. You can't see his face cuz of safety but he's a lil guy in one of the bouncy chairs and her husband is playing w him w a rattle and their bichonpoo is standing by them amused. 

• Love 3

Tonight on ABC National News they had the video of Trump and Bush talking about Ari when they saw her. Of course they bleeped what they said. Then they get off the Trump bus and he gives Ari a hug. This is going to go viral I'm afraid. Will be interesting to see what AZ has to say about it all.

• Love 1

On CNN they have showed the whole thing like every ten minutes, including what they said about Ari as the bus was approaching, and then after when they went into the Days studio.  I cannot even imagine how she must feel being in the centre of this.  It just despicable.

And Billy Bush is a piece of shit too.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Can you imagine how Arienne Zucker feels being pulled into this?  No words.

Arianne Zucker is now trending on Twitter.  But, I would imagine she would be embarrassed to be in the middle of this latest Trump debacle.

• Love 3

Ugh. I feel so bad for her! Both Trump and Billy Bush are trash. I won't call them pigs that's an insult to pigs. Which are cute, intelligent, and have better manners. They are lower than the fly that lives on a turd out of pigs asshole. 

• Love 9

Can someone clarify this for me because I heard some audio and in the audio I heard Trump and Billy are talking about Nancy O'Dell, the entertainment reporter?  I thought that Ari was who they met when they arrived to the set but the comments on the bus are about Nancy.

In the bus, I assume Nancy was there, because Trump once said her name.  There is no audio with her though.  I also would like to know her take on this entire thing.  

After other odious comments, Billy Bush sees Ari waiting for them arriving on the bus and makes a comment about how lucky Trump is, this is his girl, or words to that effect, and talks about her legs.  This is what leads to the most disgusting comments from Trump.   He relates that he needs a tic  tac because he cannot help himself, when he sees a beautiful woman, he must kiss her, it's like a magnet.  And he will grab her pussy to do so.

He is the most vile person.

• Love 9

Nancy wasn't on the bus. He did say her name, but not to her - he said it while telling Billy Bush his oh-so-delightful story about how he tried "like a bitch" to fuck her even though she was married, but failed. Then that he saw her some time later and she'd changed her look, all fake big tits now. Billy Bush cheerfully goes along with all this even though he was Nancy's co-worker. I hope every woman he currently works with reads him for filth.

• Love 11

The Atlantic has several articles on this and one of them has a picture of Zucker, Bush, and Trump as its cover picture. Yikes. I hope Zucker doesn't bother to respond to this. Doing so will only prolong the unwanted attention she gets.

I forgot Trump even made an appearance on this show. And why did he? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Nancy wasn't on the bus. He did say her name, but not to her - he said it while telling Billy Bush his oh-so-delightful story about how he tried "like a bitch" to fuck her even though she was married, but failed. Then that he saw her some time later and she'd changed her look, all fake big tits now. Billy Bush cheerfully goes along with all this even though he was Nancy's co-worker. I hope every woman he currently works with reads him for filth.

Thanks, I did not realize that was about Nancy.  This makes it even worse.  Especially for that pig BB.

43 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

The Atlantic has several articles on this and one of them has a picture of Zucker, Bush, and Trump as its cover picture. Yikes. I hope Zucker doesn't bother to respond to this. Doing so will only prolong the unwanted attention she gets.

I forgot Trump even made an appearance on this show. And why did he? 

Apparently the scene had Nicole going to Trump looking for a job and he turned her down.  When Ari was interviewed about it by Lisa Rinna on that Soap chat show, she asked her about him, and Ari said he was cute if you didn't look above his forehead.  

• Love 4

I feel like he was talking like a sleezy delusional caveperve about both Nancy and Ari and just women in general. One thing that has dismayed me this year....based on professional experience, personal interactions, and  being v v active on social media and reading a ton of content daily on multiple sources....is how little some people think of women, people of color, and that there still are fucked attitudes of some directed to glbtq. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 9

It would be fantastic if SNL asked AZ to guest tonight. I'd hop all over a chance to cash in. 

The skeeviest part is when Billy Bush asks her to hug Trump and then hug "Bushy." So gross, but not at all surprising from that scumbag pig (You're right, an insult to pigs) Trump.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, copshop said:

It would be fantastic if SNL asked AZ to guest tonight. I'd hop all over a chance to cash in. 

The skeeviest part is when Billy Bush asks her to hug Trump and then hug "Bushy." So gross, but not at all surprising from that scumbag pig (You're right, an insult to pigs) Trump.

I bet if she was in New York or if SNL was taped in LA she would be all over it.  Not that she can't catch a plane, but I imagine that would be the one obstacle on such short notice.  Hell if I was NBC I would of had her on a private jet to New York to start rehearsing with Alec Baldwin right away.

• Love 4

Arianne Zucker has responded:

"My name is Arianne (R-E-on) ZUCKER (Zooker) and I am a strong, independent, hard working mother, business woman and partner to a great man. I have grown to learn that the words of others cannot effect the value of my self worth or define the content of my character. How we treat one another, whether behind closed doors, locker rooms or face to face, should be done with kindness, dignity and respect. Unfortunately, there are too many people in power who abuse their position and disregard these simple principles and are rewarded for it. In understanding the magnitude of this situation, I choose to stand tall with self respect and use my voice to enrich, inspire and elevate the best of who we are as people".

And Eric Martsolf responded, "And there ya go".

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

This week's Dishin Days, with Thaao Penghlis, Lauren Koslow, and Lauren's husband Nicky, Days's makeup supervisor.

OMG, this was seriously one of the best Dishin Days.  Considering they had Thaao, Lauren, and Nicky there, the week's review was cut really short so 90% of the time was pure fun interview.  Really loved that Thaao is such good friends with Lauren and Nicky and they all spend a lot of time together outside of the show.

There were a lot of great stories from the set; past and present.  Really fun interview.

• Love 4

Who was the actress that Thaao talked about that said he went around grabbing actress'  asses? Alison Sweeney maybe.

I liked that Lauren likes the one-take shots that soap operas do these days. She says you have to prepare, run the lines, then are ready. I wish Lauren would tell the young ones on the show about preparing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Who was the actress that Thaao talked about that said he went around grabbing actress'  asses? Alison Sweeney maybe.

I liked that Lauren likes the one-take shots that soap operas do these days. She says you have to prepare, run the lines, then are ready. I wish Lauren would tell the young ones on the show about preparing.

From the way Thaao was telling the story, I just assumed it was an actress from a different soap opera, but it could of been someone from Days. 

On October 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM, JBC344 said:

OMG, this was seriously one of the best Dishin Days.  Considering they had Thaao, Lauren, and Nicky there, the week's review was cut really short so 90% of the time was pure fun interview.  Really loved that Thaao is such good friends with Lauren and Nicky and they all spend a lot of time together outside of the show.

There were a lot of great stories from the set; past and present.  Really fun interview.

The best Dishin Days ever.  I loved it!

On 10/24/2016 at 0:38 PM, rcc said:

Didn't he previously admit to getting handsy with AS or harassing her or something? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Didn't he previously admit to getting handsy with AS or harassing her or something? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. 

Really?  If so, it must of been when their characters were dating back in the day.  When Tony/Andre was using Sami to annoy John and Marlena. 

• Love 1

#Throwback. It's interesting to see casting from 1976. Some are still here, some long gone & some forgotten. Some actress by the name of Deidre Hall was just cast. I wonder what ever became of her? LOL!!!!

1976 Contract Changes:

Contract Arrivals: (3)

1/2- Barbara Stanger (Mary Anderson)
6/21- Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans)
8/24- Rosemary Forsyth (Laura Horton)

Contract Departures: (1)

6/9- Susan Oliver (Laura Horton)

1976 Episode Rankings. The following is a listing of how many episodes each actor appeared in on "Days of Our Lives" in 1976. Actors who have played characters that have appeared in at least five episodes total throughout the years are listed.

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes
1. Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams) 146
2. Jed Allan (Don Craig) 137
3. Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) 130
4. John Clarke (Mickey Horton) 124
5. Edward Mallory (Bill Horton) 122
6. Wesley Eure (Mike Horton) 117
7. Adrienne LaRussa (Brooke Hamilton) 116
8. Joseph Gallison (Neil Curtis) 114
9. Patty Weaver (Trish Clayton) 106
10. Macdonald Carey (Tom Horton) 105
11. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton) 100