Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Jed Allan, who played Marlena's first husband, Don Craig, then later went on to Santa Barbara as a recast - but definitive - C.C. Capwell, has died.  😞 May he RIP.

A Martinez, his SB co-star, posted a lovely tribute.

Thanks for the link. I had no idea A had met JA way before SB.

Seriously, JA looked like a young James Bond in the photo. 

MV5BMTYyMTg4ODY2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDIw

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 2

Still can't believe Jed Allan's gone. I mainly knew him through CC Capwell, and he was superb. Loved watching him interacted with Lane Davis, Marcy Walker, Robin Mattson and A Martinez. How I wish I'd see more of him outside of SB.  

Edited by Guest
fixing
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Salem Town Square is an indoor shopping  area with a glass dome. So they don't really need coats.

That would make sense...but has the show ever established that? I wasn't watching when that set debuted (2010?) so I've always been under the assumption it was outdoors...

Remember that bridge area - where Nicole faked getting pushed by Jen to cover for losing her baby - with all the vines along the bricks? Didn't strike me as indoor. Will first kissed a guy under that bridge too. They've since lost that part of the set. It was on the right where that shitty ice cream place is now...

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

That would make sense...but has the show ever established that? I wasn't watching when that set debuted (2010?) so I've always been under the assumption it was outdoors...

Remember that bridge area - where Nicole faked getting pushed by Jen to cover for losing her baby - with all the vines along the bricks? Didn't strike me as indoor. Will first kissed a guy under that bridge too. They've since lost that part of the set. It was on the right where that shitty ice cream place is now...

The roof is really, really, really, really REALLY high.

Really.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Still can't believe Jed Allan's gone. I mainly knew him through CC Capwell, and he was superb. Loved watching him interacted with Lane Davis, Marcy Walker, Robin Mattson and A Martinez. How I wish I'd see more of him outside of SB.  

That was a great cast!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, they had an episode where a bunch of people wanted to kill Stefano (I'm pretty sure back in 2012). It was pouring rain, and the show even spent some money to that effect, but when those characters went into the HTS they weren't getting rained on. Some were still soaking wet. There also used to be a couch that was seen on occasion. Stuff just springs up, disappears, and moves based on what they need and are otherwise able to do, so I just blame it on poor city planning. 😉

• Love 3
4 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Yeah, they had an episode where a bunch of people wanted to kill Stefano (I'm pretty sure back in 2012). It was pouring rain, and the show even spent some money to that effect, but when those characters went into the HTS they weren't getting rained on. Some were still soaking wet. There also used to be a couch that was seen on occasion. Stuff just springs up, disappears, and moves based on what they need and are otherwise able to do, so I just blame it on poor city planning. 😉

Did they ever take down the monument to Abigail?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • LOL 4
23 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That was a great cast!  

I forgot to add Harley Jane Kozak, Justin Deas, Nancy Lee Grahn, Judith McConnell, Nicolas Coster, Louise Sorel and others to the list as well.  Santa Barbara and other daytime soaps were truly fortunate to have those actors of remarkable versatility.      

Edited by Guest
fixing
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

I forgot to add Harley Jane Kozak, Justin Deas, Nancy Lee Graham, Judith McConnell, Nicolas Coster and others to the list as well.  Santa Barbara and other daytime soaps were truly fortunate to have those actors of remarkable versatility.      

Not to be "that person", but it's Nancy Lee Grahn. But I agree, SB had a great cast! To relate this all to Days, besides Jed Allan, Louise Sorel was also on SB as Augusta Lockridge, playing Nic Coster's Lionel Lockridge's wife. And the aforementioned Nancy Lee Grahn played her younger sister, Julia Wainwright.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, Harmony233 said:

Didn't DJ die I've seen some marlena and Don stuff on YT a few years ago there son death of SIDS was a sad story.

Yes, DJ did die.  I was more commenting on the fact that DJ is one of the rare characters who was allowed to stay dead. Out of the 1,000 stories that have involved Marlena I was just surprised that they never brought Don back or resurrected DJ from the dead.

• Love 2

Two Days actors nominated for Best Lead Actor in a soap.  Tyler Christopher and Billy Flynn.  Marci Miller nominated for Lead Actress.  I'm laughing.

Kassie De Paiva, Lindsey Godfrey and Martha Madison for Best Supporting Actress.  Eric Martsolf and Greg Rikaart for Best Supporting Actor.  Olivia Rose Keegan and Victoria Konefal for Best Younger Actress. Lucas Adams for Best Younger Actor.

Days has the most nominations including Creative Arts nominations.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 3

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
Days

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Marci Miller (Abigail, Days)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 
Tyler Christopher (Stefan, Days)
Billy Flynn (Chad, Days)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES 
Kassie DePaiva (Eve, Days)
Linsey Godfrey (Sarah, Days)
Martha Madison (Belle, Days)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 
Eric Martsolf (Brady, Days)
Greg Rikaart (Leo, Days)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire, Days)
Victoria Konefal (Ciara, Days)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 
Lucas Adams (Tripp, Days)
Kyler Pettis (Theo, Days)

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES 
Philip Anthony-Rodriguez (Miguel, Days)
Kate Mansi (Abigail, Days)
Thaao Penghlis (Andrew, Days)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I didn't realize Linsey and Breckin are a couple.  I like her more now.

Yep they've been together for a while raising her daughter with Robert Adamson(Noah on Y&R) she was there for the Clueless reunion yesterday and tweeted everyone about it. 

• Love 3

Found this on the GH board: Brandon Barash (Stefan) posted a video of his (and Kirsten Storms') daughter, Harper, discussing dreams. Seems like a smart little girl. And her daddy clearly thinks she is awesome, too! (Eric Martsolf [Brady] also replied to it in the Twitter comments! ETA: So did Martha Madison.)

• Love 5

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/04/tyler-christopher-reveals-real-reason.html

Tyler Christopher Reveals the Real Reason He Left Days of Our Lives!

Tyler Christopher reveals why he left Days of Our Lives and if he'd go back as Stefan DiMera. Read more here--->>

Earlier this year, Tyler Christopher wrapped up his run as Stefan O. DiMera on Days of Our Lives and he spoke with Soaps In Depth about the real reason he left the show.

For his new soap role, Christopher had relocated with his family from California to Indiana believing that the cost of living would be much more affordable but eventually, the commute and other challenges wore on him.

He relates that his kids were soon asking why is he gone so long and the important events in their lives that he was missing as a father. The challenges proved too much for Christopher and he tells SID, "Alchohol addiction is something I've battled since I was a teenager. I've had some amazing success with it and some really awful failures." As a result, he left the NBC daytime drama in September 2018 and noted, "I needed to address those issues and figure that part of my life out so potentially, I could come back with a different energy and adapt to a different game plan." Christopher also spoke about his healing process and a book he's writing where he will be pretty open about his struggles over the years. His intention, however, is to help others. 

Fans can get their copy of the new SID issue to read the full interview in which he also talks about his future plans and possibly returning as Stefan DiMera.

• Love 7

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/04/days-alum-casey-deidrick-opens-up-about.html

Days Alum Casey Deidrick Opens Up about His Struggles with Bipolar Disorder!

Casey Deidrick is probably best known to daytime soap fans for his role as Chad DiMera on Days of Our Lives. This is where he got his big TV break and played the role for 5 years before leaving to pursue other opportunities. Since leaving the show his work includes; Teen Wolf, Eye Candy, In the Dark and more.

In and interview with A Boof Of, Deidrick opened up about his career and his struggles. He revealed his struggle with Bipolar Disorder as he shared, "That’s a very difficult question to answer because a lot of what I do is embodying and encompassing other characters. I’m still trying to figure out who Casey is. I view acting not as a job but a way for me to process and cope with my bipolar disorder and childhood traumas I faced as a child. Acting for me is a lot like jumping out of an airplane and gives me the freedom to be who I want to be. I’m just never satisfied, and I am always growing and learning as a person. I’ve always been a very emotional person and through acting I’ve learned to control it."

Casey noted how his new character of Max on In the Dark taught him so much. "Each character I’ve played, I’ve resonated with in some way. I think I grew the most with my character on In the Dark, which is a gift in itself. Max really taught me a lot about responding from a place of love and being able to stand in the storm. I think the toxic masculinity roles were reversed in Max and Perry’s relationship and it was so awakening for me to not use anger as a form of communication." Go check out the full interview!
  • Love 2
On 4/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, JBC344 said:

Good for Casey I wish him well.  I know he doesn't live with Chandler anymore but I do hope that he is still good friends with Chandler and Camilla, and they are a good support.

Are they still close?

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not sure where to post this but she's talking about Eve in the past tense so it makes me wonder...

Or it's possible that storyline has wrapped and she's on to something different.

• Love 4

Its possible but what could they possibly be doing with Eve if this J&J storyline is over?

Put her back with Brady? Possible. Hook up with JJ again? Maybe.

Beyond that not really sure where she fits at this point. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, let it be so (that this Eve/Jack/Jenn mess may be ending soon!).

I think at the earliest it will be in September.

Matt, Missy, Kate, Casey, Kassie and Eric M are going to have a fan event in Nashville at the end of this month so maybe we'll get some answers.

• Love 2

Good for Casey Moss / JJ for talking about his bipolar disorder and dealing with it. It takes a lot of strength to be honest about mental illness and show accountability in the treatment. Not all cases are them same, there’s basically a spectrum, my mom has rapid cycling bipolar disorder and it hasn’t been easy. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's so weird to see SF as Laura....I only ever saw JLB in the part and SF on BatB.

How old was the character of Laura when DOOL started?

You know soaps and ages. LOL! But that pic was 2 years before I was even born. But based on all I have read, young enough for the character to be in a triangle with Mickey and Bill Horton (and raped by the latter) and have Mike and Jenn later on! (Although I think it was the actress following SF who was playing Laura when Jenn was born.)

• Love 2