Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

On 4/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

As someone who has a Masters Degree I agree College in the grand scheme of things is a scam unless you get a useful degree. You would be better off learning a trade if you want to make $$$ and have no debt(I don't have debt getting my degrees but others aren't so fortunate). 

I'm excited for Lauren Boles and basically any kid who's excited about going to college, particularly the ones that actually earned it and want to be there instead of relying on their Mommy and Daddy to buy them a spot and only plan on using college as part of their ambassador branding for Instagram. 

On the other hand, yes, been there, done that, got the massive price tag and crap deadend service job to show for it. Still, it's nice to look and remember once upon a time, college acceptance was such a cool, joyous thing to have happen to you.

• Love 12

Emmy nominations:

Days and Beyond Salem for best show.

Marci Miller for best actress

Eric Martsolf and James Reynolds for best actor.

Stacy Haiduk for best supporting actress,

Lindsay Arnold for best younger actor

Michael Lowry for best guest performance (for Dr. Clay Snyder)

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm happy to see them nom Beyond Salem.

I’m kind of surprised it qualified. I thought there was a special category for webseries, especially since it only produces a handful of episodes a year. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I hate to tell VK but....

1. Ciara isn't more mature and maternal pregnant; she's just as much the self-involved, self-centered brat she's always been. 

2. Ciara's outfits are not "dang good" looking, and the bump is incredibly fake looking. 

3. Her childbirth acting is nothing like the real thing. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She has been so terrible these past few days. Honestly, I think she's worse than RSW.

I do too!  Between the two of them, I'd take him over her. He's kinda dumb as rocks, but that's more watchable than her narcissism. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I hate to tell VK but....

1. Ciara isn't more mature and maternal pregnant; she's just as much the self-involved, self-centered brat she's always been. 

2. Ciara's outfits are not "dang good" looking, and the bump is incredibly fake looking. 

3. Her childbirth acting is nothing like the real thing. 

I actually liked some of the dresses Ciara wore tbh especially the green one.

I do agree that RSW is at least not phoning it in even if he's limited but its a soap and you don't need to be a good actor to be successful in this genre just be engaging and have chem with your costars which he does.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

its a soap and you don't need to be a good actor to be successful in this genre just be engaging and have chem with your costars which he does.

...man, I disagree with this outlook. But I have high expectations and am often let down.

Another World, you are missed.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...man, I disagree with this outlook. But I have high expectations and am often let down.

Another World, you are missed.

Ideally it would be great to have both but I'm adjusting my expectations to the current state of soaps at this point. Plus soaps are inherently cheesy so I don't really need a great actor to make it work.

Drake H isn't the best actor but he's charming and engaging on screen. He also has chemistry with all his female costars through the years that has helped him last as long as he has on this show.

• Love 12

Solid point...Drake has definitely improved over the years though.

I've already adjusted my expectations to the point where I expect practically nothing...and I still can't tune in regularly. It's hard to see the show treating itself like a cheap joke.

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Solid point...Drake has definitely improved over the years though.

I've already adjusted my expectations to the point where I expect practically nothing...and I still can't tune in regularly. It's hard to see the show treating itself like a cheap joke.

I wouldn't consider the show a cheap joke. I'd say they're leaning more towards "campy"...very similar to the new Dynasty, but not quite THAT much 😉 

Plus, I like campy. What can I say? 

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 6

He has a point tbh although the drama offscreen is more interesting than it is on it for all the soaps really.

There's speculation that RSW will end up coming back to the show as a different character (some say Alex Kiriakis) I sincerely hope this isn't true.

• Love 5

So...he's saying people are taking a creepy interest in his personal life? And to please refocus that energy more positively?

...okay.

Why not just say that?

This was long-winded and snarky.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So...he's saying people are taking a creepy interest in his personal life? And to please refocus that energy more positively?

...okay.

Why not just say that?

Yea, that came off badly imo. I get that it's hard to deal with fans but honey you chose this business so that comes with it. And it's just kind of a dick move to tell fans they need to get a life. What if they all do and then no one watches you anymore and you lose your job, you idiot lol.

ETA: He posted pics of himself with his girlfriend too so like he has no leg to stand on really. If you don't want people to comment about something, don't post it. Like what don't you get, bud?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, boes said:

This post makes me LOVE the guy!

I do agree that some of the fans can be out there at times but Rob chose this business.  He is constantly posting shirtless pictures  of himself to illicit reactions from fans.  I think it would have been better for him to not address his detractors..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

I do not like Robert as an actor.

But I also don't want to normalize toxic fan behavior.  He's cryptic so I don't know if his concerns are related to basic stuff he should expect or if it's related to toxic crap like targeting him or his girlfriend with threats or other crazy online behavior. 

• Love 9

Addressing toxic behavior is one thing, but I think being all 'You fans need to get a life,' is a dick move in addition to being very stupid.

Plus, if you want to address toxic behavior, address it, don't give this cryptic shit. 

You are so right imo @brisbydog, he is full of self-importance. I thought he was a little better than VK in that regard but now I think they're actually peas in a pod. No wonder their relationship failed lol.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I do not like Robert as an actor.

But I also don't want to normalize toxic fan behavior.  He's cryptic so I don't know if his concerns are related to basic stuff he should expect or if it's related to toxic crap like targeting him or his girlfriend with threats or other crazy online behavior. 

I've been hearing its the latter in which case its warranted. That being said if I were someone famous I wouldn't have social media in the first place I think its a recipe for disaster tbh.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I've been hearing its the latter in which case its warranted. That being said if I were someone famous I wouldn't have social media in the first place I think its a recipe for disaster tbh.

Yeah, but I would not be surprised if social media was strongly encouraged for the younger cast. You know, engage the fans, get eyeballs on the TV or streaming site...

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
43 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, but I would not be surprised if social media was strongly encouraged for the younger cast. You know, engage the fans, get eyeballs on the TV or streaming site...

If I was an artist, I would use social media to promote my projects period. I would not put my personal business out there.

Beyonce is perfect example on how to use social media. Even when people were dragging her daughter Blue Ivy for wearing her hair natural as a 7 year old girl, she said nothing.  Those comments were vile and uncalled for. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Nadia's mother posted a picture of Nadia on her first day on the show.  She was 17.

FTwRnzVWQAIy6CB?format=jpg&name=large

Very pretty. Before botox and fillers.

• Love 7
On 5/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, DisneyBoy said:

...okay.

Why not just say that?

No, I think he's saying that they are harassing him, his loved ones, his place of business, etc., etc. and that they've really crossed the line from just taking an interest to being verbally abusive.  I didn't think this was snarky enough - internet trolls in general and especially those that cross the line are the absolute worst. 

I really feel bad for what a lot of famous people go through; even though they put themselves out there, they are still only human and don't deserve the abuse.  A-listers hire bodyguards all the time, because who knows when one of these trolls will actually leave their basement and do something more than type.  B and C list celebrities aren't rich and famous enough to even be able to protect themselves that well. 

Remember when someone point blank asked the actress who plays Chanel if she was pregnant?  So ridiculously rude!!!  

People suck.

• Love 6

I'm really happy for them.  Casey Moss was and is one of my favorites and so was True O'Brien. 

Good for them!!

And if they're smart, they'll stay the hell away from DOOL as long it's under Ron C's care.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, boes said:

And if they're smart, they'll stay the hell away from DOOL as long it's under Ron C's care.

I'm really surprised Casey Moss hasn't come back. He hasn't done anything acting-wise since 2020. Actually, neither has True O'Brien. Maybe they just got other, non-acting jobs.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm really surprised Casey Moss hasn't come back. He hasn't done anything acting-wise since 2020. Actually, neither has True O'Brien. Maybe they just got other, non-acting jobs.

According to his IMDB he finished something recently but even if he wanted to return the show doesn't seem interested in him anyways.  I do know he's been recording music and has a band so he's probably doing more with music than acting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Dont know where to post this, but while watching the TONY Awards tonight, I saw Paul Telfer(Xander)!  He was sitting next to one of the nominated Musical actresses, a wife or girlfriend? He looked very handsome in his Tux...

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Dont know where to post this, but while watching the TONY Awards tonight, I saw Paul Telfer(Xander)!  He was sitting next to one of the nominated Musical actresses, a wife or girlfriend? He looked very handsome in his Tux...

Just Googled, he was sitting with his wife, Carmen Cusack, who was nominated for a Tony for "Flying Over Sunset"

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Off we go!

#TONYAWARDS #TonyNom @carmen_cusack https://t.co/sTQf5OyXH7

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Shut up! Did not know they were together!

He absolutely adores his wife and is always praising her on social media.. That just adds to his sexiness in my opinion..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Fire 3
  • Love 9
On 6/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Kassie sends her congrats to them but not sure why my tweets don't show up on here

Kassie DePaiva on Twitter: "So happy for these two❤️⁦@true_obrien⁩ ⁦@1CaseyMoss⁩ love you both and wish you the best! https://t.co/dlWTC7F0jT" / Twitter

I like to pretend that Kassie has maintained a friendship with her former soap children so this makes me smile.

• Love 6