Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Episode Nine

xaxat

Carol doesn't seem like the type of person who would want to sue, though.  She can't stand up to any of her immediate bosses, and I can't see her taking on the ultimate "big boss" in suing the network.  I think it would make her extremely nervous, uneasy and unhappy just to think about it.  So whether she could or not, I don't think she *would.*

• Love 2

Carol doesn't seem like the type of person who would want to sue, though.  She can't stand up to any of her immediate bosses, and I can't see her taking on the ultimate "big boss" in suing the network.  I think it would make her extremely nervous, uneasy and unhappy just to think about it.  So whether she could or not, I don't think she *would.*

I agree.  Plus I think she would take into consideration the possible negative impact on her career if she did sue.  Look at how bad things went for her ex in the entertainment industry and how he had such a hard time to get a new job (which wasn't even close to the status he had before) and he didn't even sue anybody.

I have the impression that even if a suit is settled out of court, studios would be reluctant to hire someone who sued another studio.  Maybe not, but I do think Carol would consider such a possible consequence before she called a lawyer.

I agree Carol initially wouldn't want to sue, but we know she is very susceptible to persuasion by authority figures. Gloria hears rumors/reads the trades, gets a lunch with her and BOOM, there's a press conference announcing the lawsuit two days later.

Edited by xaxat

So many possibilities. Carol could and should take Helen Bash and/or Merc Lepitus to the cleaners. Sean and Bev should buy out their contract--perhaps Carol and Matt could each chip in 50%, and get them out of there. Or they could sell their cars or something, but whatever they do they mustn't let Tim and Helen wreck that script--good ideas like that are too hard to come by, and they don't want to risk being sued by these idiots later if they do their own show. I'll bet Morning could help out, if they got her a special little comedy of her own.

What they need to do, actually, is come up with something cute and hot that Matt and Morning can be in, or add characters Matt and Morning can play, in their good show. Then they'll have two motivated supporters with money.

Although a lot of this season has centered around the fact that Matt actually doesn't really have much money.  So he's got his name power to add, but I would be surprised if he's able to add anything meaningful in the way of dollars and cents.