Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

I don't think Kelli seems harder this year. To me she seems just like she has every other year. The difference this year is she had Colby to deal with, a girl who got into TC on the fan vote, a girl who looks definitely older than everyone else and who is not a good fit with the organization. I think Kelli was blunt with her, but not mean. Yes, the face she made about Colby's squinty-eyed, flirty face was catty, but she's done stuff like that before.

The only thing over the years that she's shown exasperation with is weight gain, which I thought was silly because weight-checking the Rookies/Vets is a huge part of her job and she should just deal with it like any other aspect of the DCC life. Get over it.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

I don't think Kelli seems harder this year. To me she seems just like she has every other year. The difference this year is she had Colby to deal with, a girl who got into TC on the fan vote, a girl who looks definitely older than everyone else and who is not a good fit with the organization. I think Kelli was blunt with her, but not mean. Yes, the face she made about Colby's squinty-eyed, flirty face was catty, but she's done stuff like that before.

The only thing over the years that she's shown exasperation with is weight gain, which I thought was silly because weight-checking the Rookies/Vets is a huge part of her job and she should just deal with it like any other aspect of the DCC life. Get over it.

I agree. I don't know how often they weigh-in, but I do wonder if girls who put on 1 or 2 pounds are called out and criticized. It's common that weight can fluctuate a pound or two, so I really just want to know if they have to maintain the EXACT weight or if they can get by with like a 1 or 2 pound difference.

• Love 1

I don't think that Kelli has been more harsh.  She seems like she is under more pressure to cut to a specific number, which may be budget related. She might have been frustrated about cutting some of the veterans at finals, but that seems to happen every year. 

I think Kelli has always been direct and very clear with the girls so that they know where it stands.

I have a lot of admiration for her because she has to run that organization and deal with all these young girls in a very professional, yet kind manner.  I know she has always been concerned about giving them notes without breaking their spirit.  That is why they had the head coach come in this year to help the girls understand mental toughness. 

I agree. I don't know how often they weigh-in, but I do wonder if girls who put on 1 or 2 pounds are called out and criticized. It's common that weight can fluctuate a pound or two, so I really just want to know if they have to maintain the EXACT weight or if they can get by with like a 1 or 2 pound difference.

In the episode where Kelly explained the contract about the weight, she said they agree to stay within 4 pounds of that weight.  It might have been the Chelsea cut episode

But then some of the girls that were called in had gained between 8 and 12 pounds.

• Love 1

Here's the clip of Judy I was thinking of.

I also don't really think there is that big of a difference in Kelli this year, or think she has been particularly inappropriate. Making faces or mimicking girls has always been a thing on the show, and I have to be honest when I say, I am a nice person, but if I did what Kelli and Judy do as a career, I'd probably catch myself doing the same thing. Their job is to watch and critique these girls and tell them what to do. Of course they're going to react and mimick. Anyway, every episode of this season I watch, I try to pay extra attention to Kelli to see what is different, but it doesn't seem different to me. So maybe I am just dense.

• Love 1

This is for the posters who asked what years Kelli and Judy were DCCs. (was discussed on the Becoming World Class episode thread).

Judy was a DCC on the 80-81, 81-82,  82-83, 83-84 squads ( 3 of the 4 seasons she got front row).

Kelli was a DCC on the 84-85, 85-86, 86-87, 87-88,  88-89 squads. (she got front row in 88)

Kitty was a DCC on the 73 and 74  or 74 and 75 squads (not sure how accurate the pictures I found are).

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

This is for the posters who asked what years Kelli and Judy were DCCs. (was discussed on the Becoming World Class episode thread).

Judy was a DCC on the 80-81, 81-82,  82-83, 83-84 squads ( 3 of the 4 seasons she got front row).

Kelli was a DCC on the 84-85, 85-86, 86-87, 87-88,  88-89 squads. (she got front row in 88)

Kitty was a DCC on the 73 and 74  or 74 and 75 squads (not sure how accurate the pictures I found are).

Anybody ever get an accurate age for any of them?

Pretty sure Kelli turns 50 at the end of December.

Wikipedia is the only one I can find that lists the ages. Not sure on how accurate it is.

Unless she's stressed I REALLY don't think she looks 50.  Trying now to figure out how old she was when Sam and Ryan were born.  Pretty sure Sam's 18 but not sure about Ryan.

If Kelli turns 50, that means she would have been born in 1965. If she made the squad in 1984, she would have been 18 (19 in December). If she was a DCC while in college, 50 makes sense.

That sounds right, I remember when Taylor was in the office with K&J (the one that got the short hair cut and had an argument with Cassie & Ally) she was saying about being on her own for the first time and at only 18, and Kelli said to her that she herself was 18 when she joined DCC and had moved away from her family for the first time too.

Unless she's stressed I REALLY don't think she looks 50.  Trying now to figure out how old she was when Sam and Ryan were born.  Pretty sure Sam's 18 but not sure about Ryan.

Some people don't age well. Plus, botox doesn't help any (even though it's supposed to have the adverse effect).

• Love 1

Looks like Kelli's friend/former team mate Tina's daughter.

That's Cami Branson. Her mom is Candy Branson who is also a former DCC.

For the record I really dislike Tina Kalina after how ugly she was to Chandler last year. I was annoyed to see her in the fashion show last week, lol.

• Love 1

Speaking of Kelli & Judy:  I was watching the other night & they were on the field - Judy said, "If we had to do this now could we?"

Kelli said, "Hell yeah, I could!"

WTG Kelli

Edited by thewhiteowl
Unnecessary bolding
  • Love 3

Speaking of Kelli & Judy:  I was watching the other night & they were on the field - Judy said, "If we had to do this now could we?"

Kelli said, "Hell yeah, I could!"

WTG Kelli

I remember  that but the episodes all run together. Was that the most recent show?  If not.  which one.  Thx!

I remember  that but the episodes all run together. Was that the most recent show?  If not.  which one.  Thx!

For some reason I want to say season 8, with Morgan and Ashley Paige and Kaitlin LaRae because they all kept screwing it up lol  If not that one (like either last episode or second to last episode of season), it's season 7.  But I just saw it too and I feel like it's season 8. 

• Love 1

For the record I really dislike Tina Kalina after how ugly she was to Chandler last year. I was annoyed to see her in the fashion show last week, lol.

I totally agree! She shouldn't talk considering she looked like Miss Piggy lol

I totally agree! She shouldn't talk considering she looked like Miss Piggy lol

Preach! I'm not usually one to discuss appearance, but since she called Chandler a grandma, I'll just go ahead and say Tina wasn't cute when she was a DCC and she ain't cute now. Chandler was super cute IMO.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I can't help but think that Kitty would be a hoot to hang out with as a friend. If you are in your 40s snd take her classes for fun and fitness and become friendly with her... I can see that happening maybe if I lived down there. I doubt there would be many dull moments!

I give the girls who go in there to show kitty thier solos a lot of credit for knowingly walking into the Lions den, but it still upsets me to see her make the more sensitive types cry. This year, i felt like kitty really crushed the spirit of that sweet girl Teague. She didn't seem to be able to get her confidence back after that.

I agree, I think she would be pretty funny and she obviously does become great friends with a lot of the girls.  You can see from who she's particularly close with from who she comments on a lot (on social media)...Mary is definitely one of her favorites!

And I think the point kind of IS that if you get your spirit crushed by Kitty, you aren't going to make it as a DCC.  They do get complimented a lot in the public eye, told they are gorgeous, etc. (and have probably been told how great and beautiful they are most of their lives) but there are still a LOT of people who comment that they 'aren't that pretty,' are 'bad dancers', 'not talented', 'too big'...etc.  They HAVE to have thick skins and I think Kitty kind of helps them realize that.  What season was it when someone started to get tears in their eyes and Kitty said something like, "NO, don't do that, don't let that happen! I see those tears! You have to grow a thick skin, girl!" Was it Mia?? when she was trying out?

Hence why someone very sensitive like me knows better than to try out for anything in the public eye, with a ton of criticism as part of the job ;)  I know I would be a wreck with Kitty yelling at me and am not cut out for that lifestyle. 

All that to say I DO think Kitty is over the top sometimes and has unnecessary comments.  But I think she really is trying to help them more than anything--not just with dancing but with the skin they have to develop-and we also see mostly what they want for dramatic purposes.  We don't see her having one on one conversations with girls...I'm sure that happens sometimes. LIke if a girl is a wreck after one of her prep classes, I can see her pulling her aside and giving her some encouragement. 

I'm sorry, but how is Sydney Durso one of the ten most influential women in Dallas? As someone who lived in Dallas for a long time, I find this silly.

Looks like all the candidates are in some sort of arts/entertainment industry (dance, fashion, TV hosts, designers, etc.). No one in government, business (besides a/e), medicine, education, law, social causes, etc.

I'm sorry, but how is Sydney Durso one of the ten most influential women in Dallas? As someone who lived in Dallas for a long time, I find this silly.

Someone whose accomplishment was "miss bikini international 2007" also made the list. I'm taking "influential" with a grain of salt.

• Love 2

Looks like all the candidates are in some sort of arts/entertainment industry (dance, fashion, TV hosts, designers, etc.). No one in government, business (besides a/e), medicine, education, law, social causes, etc.

Even then, I still don't get it. There are more influential women in those areas living in Dallas.

How positively silly.

• Love 1

This list reminds me of someone's personal "Top Ten" list and not something that was truly researched with interviews conducted in a wide cross-section of the DFW court of public opinion and all the other stuff that goes along with making an "official" list (meaning one that considers everything and not just personal bias).  If this were truly an "official" list of the top ten most influential women in Dallas, I seriously doubt ANYONE on the current list would make it onto the so-called real one, but that's just my personal opinion and nothing against Stephanie DiBiase-Wheat and Sydney Durso (the only two names I recognize on the list).

This list reminds me of someone's personal "Top Ten" list and not something that was truly researched with interviews conducted in a wide cross-section of the DFW court of public opinion and all the other stuff that goes along with making an "official" list (meaning one that considers everything and not just personal bias). If this were truly an "official" list of the top ten most influential women in Dallas, I seriously doubt ANYONE on the current list would make it onto the so-called real one, but that's just my personal opinion and nothing against Stephanie DiBiase-Wheat and Sydney Durso (the only two names I recognize on the list).

I saw some of the photos on Sydney's Instagram, and they look like strippers. Pat Smith usually looks so well put together and at this fashion show it doesn't even look like her.

I'm just laughing so hard over the use of the word influential. It cracks me up!!!!!

Lease helpful corrections given by Judy and Kelli: "You're awkward."

"Too many mistakes/lots of mistakes"

"Clunky"

"Your feet are not pretty"

Don't forget "That looked messy". Judy says that in a lot of episodes EVERY season.

• Love 2

Some of those corrections make a lot of sense to me. Too many/lots of mistakes is vague, but if you're feet aren't pretty, you're probably not pointing toes or sicling, maybe flopping. Clunky needs more control and fluidity, awkward usually means they're holding back on the sexy and lack confidence - look timid, afraid to commit to moves, etc. And messy usually means they're not synchronized or someone is forgetting moves, or maybe doing the wrong ones.

Awkward, clunky, mistakes..all those are pretty vague. I'm guessing since these girls are usually pretty technical dancers, they don't need specifics and can just presumable "fix it."

I think it's so vague. One reason I loved Rose... She was the first TCC I've heard on camera say she was frustrated and didn't know WTF they meant.

• Love 2

I was looking through some of Kelli's replies to tweets on her Twitter account and someone asked her if they'd ever had someone quit training camp that wasn't an emergency or injury and she was like "NO!!!"  But I'm pretty sure that is not true?? Weren't there two girls who quit the first season? or second? Cerisa or something and the girl they said was too heavy? ("we've never had a 140 pound cheerleader") And then a few years ago I thought a girl quit (the real skinny one with the blank expression) who just couldn't handle it.

I was looking through some of Kelli's replies to tweets on her Twitter account and someone asked her if they'd ever had someone quit training camp that wasn't an emergency or injury and she was like "NO!!!"  But I'm pretty sure that is not true?? Weren't there two girls who quit the first season? or second? Cerisa or something and the girl they said was too heavy? ("we've never had a 140 pound cheerleader") And then a few years ago I thought a girl quit (the real skinny one with the blank expression) who just couldn't handle it.

I don't know those girls but for sure those awful Minchew girls quit so they could do their pageant duties.

I forgot the worst one: "You're in your own head"--Melissa Rycroft.

I get this one, it's a way of saying they are over thinking or psyching themselves out.

• Love 1

Sarisa (spelling?) quit because of a hip injury in Season 2 ish?

There have been several girls who have opted out of training camp once they were in it.

Honestly, I kind of love it when that happens. Always amusing to see the look on K&J's faces when they realize the script has been flipped and they're the ones being rejected for a change. I think its good for them to get a dose of perspective once in a while.

• Love 2