Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

I was recently watching season 9 and they were talking to Ashley Pro about the references from former dance teachers saying she was aloof, rude, etc.  In the discussion Kelli talked about how people perceived herself as very different from which she really was.  I think that is so true as she comes across as firm etc such as she was when Jordan missed the team bus "This is unacceptable".  Yet we have seen her tear up and talk about crying after she announces the finalists and they have to cut veterans.  I am not sure the team would be as strong or that they would have such control over the brand were it not for her.

• Love 3

I was recently watching season 9 and they were talking to Ashley Pro about the references from former dance teachers saying she was aloof, rude, etc.  In the discussion Kelli talked about how people perceived herself as very different from which she really was.  I think that is so true as she comes across as firm etc such as she was when Jordan missed the team bus "This is unacceptable".  Yet we have seen her tear up and talk about crying after she announces the finalists and they have to cut veterans.  I am not sure the team would be as strong or that they would have such control over the brand were it not for her.

She was upset when she announced Courtney Cook dropped out of TC.

• Love 2

The interesting thing in all of this is Danielle ended up on Kelli's shit list for gaining weight and not bringing her A-team.  I wish they would have shown Danielle talking with Kelli and Judy after the Chelsea/Miss Kitty incident and no cameo photo shoot esp. after she by K and J  told her to lose weight, and Kelli and Charlotte were the ones who wanted her back.  There is a lot more to it than Kelli liking her and her injured foot.

I had to come back to this thread and find this discussion because I just watched this episode again and cannot find where it shows Danielle talking to K&J after the first conversation with Chelsea/Kim/Jennifer A on weight warnings. Did they show it in an episode preview clip or an extra?  I know they had a one on one with her after a practice where they discussed how a number of the judges though she looked fluffy and out of shape but wasn't that a different night?  All that to say, I still agree that she could have been partying some.  Kim I think was definitely partying...after scrolling through her instagram it looks like she enjoys the scene lol  Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just we know the expectations they have for DCCs.  lol

If I remember correctly, in the first episode of season 8 they showed some season 8 future episode previews, and they had Danielle in one scene saying she deserves to be on the team. She was wearing the same outfit she had on after she was called into the office with the three other girls for weight issues (same outfit when she was in the parking lot and Miss Kitty was talking to Chelsea about her attitude.) She was also called into the office in season 9, but the scene was not shown.

If I remember correctly, in the first episode of season 8 they showed some season 8 future episode previews, and they had Danielle in one scene saying she deserves to be on the team. She was wearing the same outfit she had on after she was called into the office with the three other girls for weight issues (same outfit when she was in the parking lot and Miss Kitty was talking to Chelsea about her attitude.) She was also called into the office in season 9, but the scene was not shown.

Ahhh gotcha! earlier in the season they had a clip...thanks!! I was just so curious because I realized rewatching the last few seasons I missed SO much. it's kind of funny hw someone who they really do seem to like a lot gets called in so often lol

Recommendations to make DCC:MTT a relevant show again:

1. Replace Kelli with Judy as the new Director of the DCC.

2. Eliminate all the other judges in Prelims and Finals. When Kelli and Charlotte changed their minds at the last second about Danielle and TC, it verified that the other judges don't really matter much. Besides, all the ladies focus on Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte while performing.

3. Don't call the same ladies into Kelli's office more than once. If you do, you may as well cut the ladies right then and there, as all suspense as been lost.

4. If you think a lady is "overweight", then don't invite her to TC. She is not going to lose that weight to your satisfaction (at least not in a healthy manner).

5. The only "toxic attitude" on the show is that of Kitty Carter.

6. If you're going to let Cassie Trammel still make the team in spite of her knee injury, then you have to allow all injured ladies to do the same or else run the risk of being branded as biased (it may already be too late).

7. Move the cameo photos in uniform to the end after all the ladies have been selected for the DCC team. To allow the ladies to take pics in the uniform only to be cut later is "cruel and unusual punishment".

8. Be reasonable in your expectations of how much time the ladies can devote to practice during the work week. If you require the ladies to hold a job or go to school while they are DCC, then when do you expect them to find the time to practice when they work from 9a to 5p and then have to show up at least half an hour early before 7p practice?

9. Elminate the ladies' Panel Interviews. We all know that the DCC are known for many things, but not for stimulating conversation and knowledge.

10. Give the DCC ladies health insurance. They deserve it considering all the stress you subject their bodies to.

• Love 1

I personally love Kitty Carter and her blunt critique. Judy always bites her tongue and Kelli always says how she really feels about the girls behind their backs/or privately to Judy. Kitty is at least real and says it like it is, face to face. The women trying out are all adults and don't need to have everything sugarcoated for them all the time.

• Love 2

I should clarify what parts of Kitty Carter's attitude I find toxic.

I like Kitty's honesty and directness. What I think is toxic is her yelling coupled with a demeaning, condescending attitude.

You can be honest and direct with the ladies without making fun of them in a derisive, uncivilized, condescending manner.

"Yes???!!!!" (I said that "yes" in Kitty Carter style).

I personally love Kitty Carter and her blunt critique. Judy always bites her tongue and Kelli always says how she really feels about the girls behind their backs/or privately to Judy. Kitty is at least real and says it like it is, face to face. The women trying out are all adults and don't need to have everything sugarcoated for them all the time.

(edited)

I like Kitty's honesty and directness. What I do not like is her yelling coupled with a demeaning, condescending attitude.

She can be honest and direct with the ladies without making fun of them in a derisive, uncivilized, condescending manner.

"Yes???!!!!" (I said that "yes" in Kitty Carter style in case Kitty herself reads this forum).

And since my "Farewell" post was deleted by the moderator, I'll say again that I hope to see some of you on another forum that discusses all things DTT:MTT in a less restrictive discussion format!

Best wishes!!!

Edited by omega4
  • Love 1
(edited)

2. Eliminate all the other judges in Prelims and Finals. When Kelli and Charlotte changed their minds at the last second about Danielle and TC, it verified that the other judges don't really matter much. Besides, all the ladies focus on Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte while performing.

3. Don't call the same ladies into Kelli's office more than once. If you do, you may as well cut the ladies right then and there, as all suspense as been lost.

4. If you think a lady is "overweight", then don't invite her to TC. She is not going to lose that weight to your satisfaction (at least not in a healthy manner).

6. If you're going to let Cassie Trammel still make the team in spite of her knee injury, then you have to allow all injured ladies to do the same or else run the risk of being branded as biased (it may already be too late).

7. Move the cameo photos in uniform to the end after all the ladies have been selected for the DCC team. To allow the ladies to take pics in the uniform only to be cut later is "cruel and unusual punishment".

8. Be reasonable in your expectations of how much time the ladies can devote to practice during the work week. If you require the ladies to hold a job or go to school while they are DCC, then when do you expect them to find the time to practice when they work from 9a to 5p and then have to show up at least half an hour early before 7p practice?

9. Elminate the ladies' Panel Interviews. We all know that the DCC are known for many things, but not for stimulating conversation and knowledge.

10. Give the DCC ladies health insurance. They deserve it considering all the stress you subject their bodies to.

1. I don't really see this ever happening. Judy is older than Kelli and has been employed with the organization longer. Reality is she will probably retire before Kelli. I also don't think Judy really wants that job but of course I could be wrong. Personally I think Kelli and Judy work well together and balance each other out. The team needs different types of girls and I feel like without both K&J we might end up with a team of all the same.

2. While Kelli and Charlotte do have a final say (with Judy's input), they will never get rid of the guest judges. They need extra sets of eyes at prelims/semis/finals to make sure no one slips through the cracks and just make the process less exhausting in general. The Danielle situation was unique and obviously a one-off (and personally I'm pretty damn glad it happened because I love Danielle). That has never happened before, so making a judgment on the entire judging process based on that instance doesn't really make sense.

3. I agree on this to a point, but we have to remember it's a television show and there has to be drama.

4. 100% agree.

5. Personally I love Kitty. She has been in the business for a lot of years and has also worked with the DCC for decades. She is harsh, but I have never thought she delivers her critiques with malice or ill intent. She knows her stuff and she expects the girls to as well. I also think the girls respond well to her, and while some of them might be nervous when she's around, I don't think any of them are disingenuous when they say Kitty knows what she's talking about and they can learn from her and need to hear what she has to say.

6. They've had plenty of other girls who have had injuries. Cassie is not the only one ever, but because she's Cassie, it gets brought up over and over again.

7. The cameo photo shoot is part of the audition process. It tells K&J if the girl is charismatic in front of the camera and photogenic. Part of their job is modeling for promo photos and for the swimsuit calendar, so they need to know which girls are flat liners ahead of time.

8. Agree with this as well. I don't know how any of the girls who have full time jobs keep up with DCC. I consider myself doing well if I get dinner on the table after a long day at work.

9. Also don't think this will ever happen. The DCC AREN'T just dancers. They make appearances and have to speak to members of the community on a regular basis. It would be a pretty lousy reflection on the organization if they had a team full of vapid, uneducated girls who are only good at dancing, so I think it's totally fine that they have interviews and ask the questions they do.

10. Agree.

Not really sure how any of these things would make the show more relevant,however. I don't think MTT is any more or less relevant now than it was at the beginning. It's a specialty show with a following and that's what it's always been. I think they'll keep making it as long as the ratings are steady.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the first season of DCC:MTT was relevant as it really showcased all the facets of making the team. Maybe the same could be said about the second season.

But by the third and following seasons, more drama and questionable plots were added to the show to keep it relevant to the viewing public.

Cases in point:

* Charlotte asking Judy to leave the judges deliberation panels when her injured daughter Cassie came up for discussion. Everyone knew that Cassie was a "shoo-in". Even Cassie (her sharing her thoughts about making the team were done for the sake of drama).

* Kelli and Charlotte calling an audible on Danielle. Drama, drama, drama. And they simultaneously "flipped the bird" to the time spent by the other judges (including Judy) who were supposedly an "integral part of the decision-making process". Please....

* DCC veteran Chelsea Elizabeth is sacrificed to the Gods of Drama by reason of "toxic attitude". The only way that Kitty knows about what Chelsea said in the locker room is for the camera crew / interviewers / producers to feed that information to Kitty Carter. Kitty then relays that dramatic piece of information to Kelli and then finds the conviction to tell Kelli "I'm going to talk to Chelsea about this". If this weren't a TV show, then there is no way that anyone hears about what Chelsea said in the locker room. The other veterans aren't going to tell the world that they were called out for being "fat" (which we all know they were not fat).

* All segments containing "Body by Jay" are cut because they're deemed boring and undramatic. And yet some girls being overweight are still singled out for the sake of drama.

* All segments containing "Good nutrition by random nutrionist" are cut because they're deemed boring and undramatic. And yet some girls being overweight are still singled out for the sake of drama. Nicole Bulcher is overweight? Really?

* Every Kitty Carter segment is included for drama. Yes???!!!! Yes!!!!! (My impression of Kitty Carter).

I could go on and on but I think I've made my point.

Edited by omega4

No, please, no!

1.I love Kelli and Judy at think they work well together the way they are. Sometimes I get upset with Kelli's opinion, but most times later, I find out she was right.

2. The other judges are giving outside opinions, and those are needed.  But w/respect to Danielle, Kelli, Charlotte and Judy had personal knowledge of the kind of person Danielle is, which the others didn't have. It has to factor in there.

• Love 1

1. I don't really see this ever happening. Judy is older than Kelli and has been employed with the organization longer. Reality is she will probably retire before Kelli. I also don't think Judy really wants that job but of course I could be wrong. Personally I think Kelli and Judy work well together and balance each other out. The team needs different types of girls and I feel like without both K&J we might end up with a team of all the same.

2. While Kelli and Charlotte do have a final say (with Judy's input), they will never get rid of the guest judges. They need extra sets of eyes at prelims/semis/finals to make sure no one slips through the cracks and just make the process less exhausting in general. The Danielle situation was unique and obviously a one-off (and personally I'm pretty damn glad it happened because I love Danielle). That has never happened before, so making a judgment on the entire judging process based on that instance doesn't really make sense.

3. I agree on this to a point, but we have to remember it's a television show and there has to be drama.

4. 100% agree.

5. Personally I love Kitty. She has been in the business for a lot of years and has also worked with the DCC for decades. She is harsh, but I have never thought she delivers her critiques with malice or ill intent. She knows her stuff and she expects the girls to as well. I also think the girls respond well to her, and while some of them might be nervous when she's around, I don't think any of them are disingenuous when they say Kitty knows what she's talking about and they can learn from her and need to hear what she has to say.

6. They've had plenty of other girls who have had injuries. Cassie is not the only one ever, but because she's Cassie, it gets brought up over and over again.

7. The cameo photo shoot is part of the audition process. It tells K&J if the girl is charismatic in front of the camera and photogenic. Part of their job is modeling for promo photos and for the swimsuit calendar, so they need to know which girls are flat liners ahead of time.

8. Agree with this as well. I don't know how any of the girls who have full time jobs keep up with DCC. I consider myself doing well if I get dinner on the table after a long day at work.

9. Also don't think this will ever happen. The DCC AREN'T just dancers. They make appearances and have to speak to members of the community on a regular basis. It would be a pretty lousy reflection on the organization if they had a team full of vapid, uneducated girls who are only good at dancing, so I think it's totally fine that they have interviews and ask the questions they do.

10. Agree.

Not really sure how any of these things would make the show more relevant,however. I don't think MTT is any more or less relevant now than it was at the beginning. It's a specialty show with a following and that's what it's always been. I think they'll keep making it as long as the ratings are steady.

Agree on all counts.

I should clarify what parts of Kitty Carter's attitude I find toxic.

I like Kitty's honesty and directness. What I think is toxic is her yelling coupled with a demeaning, condescending attitude.

You can be honest and direct with the ladies without making fun of them in a derisive, uncivilized, condescending manner.

"Yes???!!!!" (I said that "yes" in Kitty Carter style).

I can get behind that...though I do wonder how much of the deriding personality is accentuated for TV.  If you go through girls' social media--not just current DCCs but past ones...even some that only made it to TC or were a one and done--she follows most them and leaves a lot of sweet, positive comments... saying what a great performer they are, how far they've come, how proud she is, etc.  And most of the girls genuinely seem to care about her right back.  So I feel like she has this villain personality on the show but most really do a lot behind the scenes with them that is helpful and uplifting. 

• Love 1

My personal opinion:

It's a TV show. Run by editors and producers to make money for a national network. They're going to edit/manipulate any story and any person to get the storyline they want so they can make money.

I don't think we can get a realistic understanding of any of the top three (Kelli, Judy, nor Charlotte) unless you personally know them.

There is always three sides to every story:

-person 1s point of view

-person 2s point of view

-the truth/what really happened.

With none of us being there personally, we can't conclude what is true and what isn't when it comes to storylines and people's personalities (especially personalities).

Again, just this newbies opinion and thoughts.

Have a great day y'all!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Yes, my opinions are only based on what we can see from the show on TV. I don't claim to have insider knowledge on what goes on behind the scenes. With that said, this is the image that the DCC organization and its leaders want to show the world at large. So they have to live with the criticism that goes along with it.

Same goes with Kitty Carter's persona. Maybe how she's portrayed is purely fictional for the sake of drama on the show. That only illustrates my point that the show is now more about drama than it is about making the team.

What exactly is an "outside opinion"? If it's so outside, then why bother wasting their time as judges to get their thoughts on the ladies in the first place. IMO, the only ones who should be judging are Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy. Having the team dentist and hair stylist serve as judges is both insulting as it is comical IMO.

I can hear the team dentist's comments now: "I don't know about her dancing ability but she has great incisors and molars!!! Her bicuspids are a bit off though."

Outside opinions indeed.

Edited by omega4
  • Love 1

Also, I forget what season it was, but they showed one conversation at auditions where the K, J, & C said no but every man said yes, so they put her in the yes pile. They majority of the people the DCC are performing for are men and I imagine they buy most of the calendars, too.

• Love 1

Between Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte, I honestly don't think there is a single thing that they don't catch when it comes building a DCC team (especially after 10+ years).

While the male judges know what they like in the ladies, they don't know a thing about choreography, uniform fittings, and jump splits.

And judge comments like the one the team dentist uttered "But she's so pretty" aren't very insightful in my opinion.

• Love 1

It is okay to talk about things or people associated with the show or behind the scenes. The problem is when the same thing is being said over and over again to the point where it can disrupt the flow of the thread or can or is turning into a heated discussion, I ask for posters to move on to another topic and/or continue talking about the same topic by being civil, polite, and respectful to other posters. Sadly, we have been dealing with a few issues lately on here to the point where we could lose posters, the forum is not enjoyable to post in, and people are afraid to state their opinions. I know we do not want this, and I do not want to have to send just a note warnings or suspend someone because they are not following the forum's guidelines.

7. I don't think moving cameos to the end would be better. Someone could be a phenomenal dancer and end up looking bad in the cameo, but "oh well, she's on the team so we have to keep her." No.

8. There are no "requirements" in terms of holding a job or going to school. It's all about time management. If the girls think they can manage a full time job or school AND DCC, it's on them to make it work. Once a girls sets her eyes on that goal, she should be able to make it work if she REALLY wants it. I don't think it's really their job to do that.

9. I think the panel interviews are necessary. Nobody wants even the idea of a "dim blonde" representing their organization. They want to at least make sure the girls know SOMETHING. To me, they should stay, but we probably don't care too much to see them on the show unless it's very interesting.

10. Part time job..barely that. I don't think there is the need for them to spend millions on health insurance for girls who are only "employed" with them short-term. If they want it, they can buy it/stay on their parents insurance/get one with their own job. Perks maybe; but full blown insurance, nope.

I think insurance isn't a bad idea (has nothing to do with the show though).

Most of the girls are either in school and working part time while DCC or working full time. You can only stay on your parents insurance until you're 26 and several of the girls are beyond that.

I think it should be offered for the girls, especially since this is a job where they can be injured to the point of needing surgery while performing the duties of the job.

• Love 1

I guess. Just doesn't seem realistic..financially. Especially considering it's barely a "part time" job.

Plus, there are likely alot more girls who are younger than 26 on the team.

Here's a suggestion: No more "do's and dont's" fashion shows. They're redundant.

• Love 1

I don't think the male judges are just random off-the-street people.  Yes, the dentist IS random; however, if I'm not mistaken, the others include Jay (who works with the girls for fitness), the hair guy, the photographer, and I think someone connected to sports journalism...?

These are people who do have experience with the team and the brand and, yes, they give a male's view to the process beyond the dance.

I do think the random guest judges (aside from DJ Guthrie or even Melissa ) have been pointless (whoever that singer was).

• Love 1

I think insurance isn't a bad idea (has nothing to do with the show though).

Most of the girls are either in school and working part time while DCC or working full time. You can only stay on your parents insurance until you're 26 and several of the girls are beyond that.

I think it should be offered for the girls, especially since this is a job where they can be injured to the point of needing surgery while performing the duties of the job.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong topic, I just thought we were talking about insurance that salary falls in the same area. I know that this article is not about insurance but it does show how NFL cheerleaders want to be treated like employees.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/16/news/companies/california-cheerleader-law/index.html

I don't mind her criticism and comments but I hate it when she puts her hands on the girls which she is getting worse about doing each season. I also rolled my eyes when she said Erica's hair sucks . I thought she was the last person to tell anyone that lol I know she isn't a dcc now but still .

• Love 3

What exactly was wrong with Erica's hair? It wasn't big and floofy? I thought it looked fine.

I'm glad she told Vivian how awful her TinMan dance was.. that would have been excruciating to watch twice.. I can just imagine Kelli and Judy's faces as they watched it *shudder*!

Yeah kitty's hair is a hot mess. I think what her and the judge that also said he didn't like Ericas hair was that it was thinner and more flat than most girls . I personally thought her hair looked pretty all smooth and straight and she has such power and a great smile so who cares about her hair?

• Love 1

I was just watching the 2nd season and Rachel Durbin was interviewed during the swimsuit evaluations for the calendar shoot.  Her title was given as Assistant Director.  I think I caught glimpses of her during the first season (during the first set of cuts and in the studio at least once or twice).  I haven't seen or heard anything about her since.  Has she even been mentioned or shown up during later seasons?  Anything in the news or on websites?

I was just watching the 2nd season and Rachel Durbin was interviewed during the swimsuit evaluations for the calendar shoot. Her title was given as Assistant Director. I think I caught glimpses of her during the first season (during the first set of cuts and in the studio at least once or twice). I haven't seen or heard anything about her since. Has she even been mentioned or shown up during later seasons? Anything in the news or on websites?

She's the little blonde who used to call the girls into the office right? If I'm remembering correctly she was around for a few seasons at least but hasn't been on the show in a while so I assume she doesn't work for the organization anymore.

I wonder if it's outdated lol  I only say that because some of the pages seem so old, like her staff pages. It says she has been on the MTT show for four years? Michelle Keys isn't on the staff list either...but yeah, great price!!

I saw (in another thread) where someone mentioned Kelli's weight gain and if a weight loss had ever been suggested.

Weight gain is such a taboo and sensitive subject. (I personally struggle with the issue) I have had the same thoughts...how Kelli harps about weight incessantly and yet she has to struggle with that issue personally. I know it's about the uniform, ect but when someone is lecturing about weight gain, it does feel personal and it's difficult not to think about the size of the lecturer.

My mother, who I love dearly is overweight. It's so difficult when she comes to visit because she harps about how our dog is overweight, she says to me "what all did you eat to gain that weight?....and she has a point but all I can think of is "what the heck are you....BLIND mom...you are overweight!"

Two last thoughts. I wondered if Kelli thought about trying My Fitness Food, or whatever it was. All the cheerleaders were successful. Also, it has to be difficult that Charlotte and Judy have aged right along side Kelli with hardly any weight gain.

One last thing to add. Eons ago I watched the videos on YouTube that are posted by Kelli and her daughter. I wanted to see her house as I knew it would be beautiful. In one video Kelli mentioned making cookies but that the next day she was going to resume her diet. As much as I can get mad at Kelli for calling female candidates stupid, I do have empathy for her as far as the dieting issue.

Edited by Abby2197

I saw (in another thread) where someone mentioned Kelli's weight gain and if a weight loss had ever been suggested.

Weight gain is such a taboo and sensitive subject. (I personally struggle with the issue) I have had the same thoughts...how Kelli harps about weight incessantly and yet she has to struggle with that issue personally. I know it's about the uniform, ect but when someone is lecturing about weight gain, it does feel personal and it's difficult not to think about the size of the lecturer.

My mother, who I love dearly is overweight. It's so difficult when she comes to visit because she harps about how our dog is overweight, she says to me "what all did you eat to gain that weight?....and she has a point but all I can think of is "what the heck are you....BLIND mom...you are overweight!"

Two last thoughts. I wondered if Kelli thought about trying My Fitness Food, or whatever it was. All the cheerleaders were successful. Also, it has to be difficult that Charlotte and Judy have aged right along side Kelli with hardly any weight gain.

One last thing to add. Eons ago I watched the videos on YouTube that are posted by Kelli and her daughter. I wanted to see her house as I knew it would be beautiful. In one video Kelli mentioned making cookies but that the next day she was going to resume her diet. As much as I can get mad at Kelli for calling female candidates stupid, I do have empathy for her as far as the dieting issue.

Some of the medical issues that Kelli has had may not allow her to lose weight though. with medicine she may be taking that may be a weight number that she can't lessen

I am a registered nurse and I understand that people have medical issues that make it more

-difficult- to lose weight but when push comes to shove, at the end of the day when someone really, really, really wants and needs to lose weight, it is not impossible. More difficult, yes but time and time again I have seen patients faced with a choice of doing what it takes to lose weight and they do it.

Edited by Abby2197
  • Love 1

Kelli is a beautiful woman and I think she always represents the brand well. She met the standards of the day when she was a DCC and she has every right to demand that of the cheerleaders today. I am glad She demands excellence, Otherwise, they would just be like every other cheer team.

Edited by mardo4
  • Love 1

I have been thinking about this for a while and if any of you are dancers, I'd love some insight. I cannot get past Kitty clawing Caila's leg. What did she mean by 'pull your tights up' followed by her hand grounding into Caila's thigh? What was she doing? .

. This incident still comes to mind for me. From my limited dance experience what I took from it was you can have a movement that starts in the floor and all the way up your leg... Or some dance teachers will talk about the energy from toe to core, or toe to your head...Or you can sort of step through the movement without all your muscles engaged. I think that was what Kitty was driving at because it makes a big difference. Technically the step could be correct but without that engagement it looks soft or weak. That said, I think her approach was wrong and demeaning. I like her "tell it like it is" style, but this missed the mark. No one "made you do that", Kitty.

Yeah kitty's hair is a hot mess. I think what her and the judge that also said he didn't like Ericas hair was that it was thinner and more flat than most girls . I personally thought her hair looked pretty all smooth and straight and she has such power and a great smile so who cares about her hair?

. fine fair is tricky because it does not support a lot of product or it will weigh down, It does better in blunt cuts than layered looks (DCC tends to enjoy long layers for movement), most does not hold curl a full 3 -4 hours, and hair can break or damage easily with a permanent. but, she has healthy hair and is such a great dancer I am glad they looked past these issues. Skinny hair girls, unite!
  • Love 1

I can't wait to see what new " terms" Judy will come up with this year. Last year she told Alexandra her foot was "sickeling" (I googled it).  In the previews she tells a TCC (not saying who) to fan her leg, or was it foot?.

I can't wait to see what new " terms" Judy will come up with this year. Last year she told Alexandra her foot was "sickeling" (I googled it).  In the previews she tells a TCC (not saying who) to fan her leg, or was it foot?.

It was her leg, but she didn't "come up" with the terms.