Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

Seriously, why do they refuse to show more than 3 seconds of any dance without jerking camera angles and chopping up spots. That's a technique for when you have sloppy, bad dancers, not the best of the best. 

Also, soooooo many of the convos this season sound very stilted and pieced together, like they've edited multiple shots into one sentence to make it say something besides the original intention.

This is an overall show observation.  I hope it's okay that I post here.  

In show's opener, there were many scenes/comments that were never shown during the show.  

I wish they would have included those.  It would have made the episodes more interesting.

At the end of the DANCING FOR YOUR LIFE, right after Mary does her ITM, they show girls congratulating each other making training camp.  There is a blondish girl holding a phone.  Who is that?  I don't recognize her as either a veteran or a TCC.  

In that same episode, when the new TCC's are going outside to meet their families, a beautiful blonde greets her handsome boyfriend.  Is that Chandler?  It looks like her a bit but not really.

The fashion show stuff must have been because of the new Belk tie-in.  It was so bad.  Do you know that models get runway classes on how to walk?  It's not just a god-given talent.  That Kelli expects these girls to know how to walk is crazy.  

They give the girls a book of everything they need to know to be a DCC.  Why not give the girls outfit suggestions when they have to wear their own clothes at a DCC event? 

I like that they have an emotional support person, I just wish they would have done it better. Melissa was not bought in to help the girls with their dance, so why did they have her meet them at a dance studio?  Also, at the last meeting with Melissa at the coffee shop, Melissa asks the girls if they think anyone is going to be cut?  How are they supposed to answer that?  What if a girl said, "Well, I think Vivian because she is all over the place and not concentrating on the dance?"  So odd.

I did not Kelli's recap at the end of each episode.  It was unnecessary and just too serious.

And lastly, the girls need to go onto the field earlier in TCC, give them their boots earlier in TCC and more dance, more dance, more dance.

Thank you! 

Edited by caligirl50

I still love this show and hope it returns for season 10!  I agree with everyone...MORE DANCING!!

Also- we watch season to season and it stinks that we don't get to see the vets!  I watch year to year and would love to see more about the entire team. Someone mentioned that during auditions, they do personal stories on the people that don't make it... and I feel like they do that the whole show!  More time is spent on people who don't make it than on people who do!  And we watch because we like the team.... that means the people that actually make it!  

In the beginning of each season I wish they would do a recap of what happened over the year-- did someone leave, who was rookie of the year? Etc.

It would be nice to see split screens or a few at once-- kind of like the fan vote when we get to see everyone doing the same dance-- because then we can really get an idea of how they dance and their different styles?

Re: makeovers-- side by side of the rookie's audition photos with their cameos!

I would like to see more of Kelli and Judi's sweeter sides once in a while.  Like that moment in the beginning of season 8 when they made the snap decision to save Danielle!  That was great!

This is the one show that I DVR and watch!  I hate that it is such a short season and look forward to it every year!

• Love 2

The WOW Award really threw me for a loop, especially announcing the best "cheer" team the last episode. I'm struggling to understand what a Level 4 All Star Team has in common with Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. Seems to me Kelly would want to give WOW Awards to technical dance teams or Pom teams instead of All Star Cheer Gym Teams.

All Star Cheer is mainly focused on skills (tumbling/stunting), you advance in levels by being able to perform particular skills. DCC seems to weigh heavily on looks/weight/personality/dance technique. A girl in All Star Cheer wouldn't be cut for her "looks", she would however be cut for not having a round off layout. The two types of cheer are so unrelated, why would they award for something that is so drastically different? Just wondering if I am missing a connection here and if anyone else found it odd/misplaced....

• Love 1

I like seeing the girls even though they may not make the team if they have an interesting story (one year the girl was living out of her car until she found a roommate and I think this year there was an auto mechanic). What I did not like was too much focus on one girl, Breelan. I would have liked to see more dancing from various rookies. I love the tips and tricks like Britney shutting the car door, it would be nice to see those little moments with the vets. I also would like to see about "point girl" people talk about and maybe what it requires to do those formations on the field. bring back their technical coach that did the kick line. I loved when Kelli had her girlfriend former DCC come and give her comments because it seemed genuine. I missed the swimsuit section. I would love also to see some of the vets performing now with a flashback to their tryouts...Ex is Jasmine still clunky? I doubt it! Or if a rookie was always missing a line in TCC on the field show them now talking about growing into the position and show their current precision...

• Love 1

I also like going past TC and the things girls do outside (jobs, helping each other practice, etc) but it does all seem so fake now! I enjoyed Jackie & Colin at work, but when all the rookies meet up for coffee, I wanted to cringe because it just seemed so forced and fake! I like when they show the vets working with and helping the rookies outside of Valley Ranch.

. DITTO!

Get some better editing because the girls repeating themselves over and over again is so old. Show more of the vets instead of just Show Group or veterans who are part of Show Group. Judy freaking out while Show Group is practicing gets old really fast too. More behind the scenes of how the organization runs.

I miss the calendar shoot.  I actually enjoyed those because there was usually some joking around between Kelli and the girls.  And I seriously wish they would stop focusing on that one special rookie (Morgan last year, Breelan this year) and give us a little info on everyone.  I really liked what I saw of Mary and I know nothing about her and only saw her dance when she was next to Breelan or Caila.  A little attention to some of the veterans would be nice too.

The calendar shoot episode, imo, was bad esp. when they were trying to pretend it happened after TC was over. I thought the girls look tacky walking down the runway with high heel boots and wearing a two piece bikini. I guess it is okay to look like this because it is for the DCC organization, but I bet of one of the girls posted a similar picture on their twitter or facebook page all heck would break loose.

Jay made that comment AFTER his segments had been cut. Honestly, there were just too many in the first, second and third seasons. Then they cut them completely after everyone complained. They should have aired a couple for the season but not a workout every episode.

I find it offensive and hypocritical that Kelli likes to quote scripture on Twitter while earning a boatload of bucks for performing such a superficial and judgmental job, all based on looks and favoritism. These women remind me of prized livestock.

• Love 1

I don't know how to fix it, but this show has gone completely stale for me. I used to know who all the rookies were each year, and some of their back story. I couldn't name more than 2 or three of last year's rookies. I appreciate that they're trying to mix it up a little with things like show group auditions at Gilley's and the fan vote for training camp. But those things were merely interesting, not compelling. This show used to be appointment television for me. Now I dvr it, read the comments on the forum, and only watch the episode if the comments mention something interesting. Even then, I fast forward throught the show to get the the part people are talking about. I haven't seen a full episode of this show in years. The way the team is run is very formulaic, so no matter how they change up the show, the content is the same. Same process, same staff, same makeovers, same choreography, same uniforms, same activities, same angst.

My attitude is at least in part becuase watching the show has made me cynical about the team. In the beginning, it was about young dancers with a big dream. Now the dancers seem too desperate, too foolish to make the kinds of mistakes that could be avoided if they'd watched prior seasons. They seem too willing to hand themseslves over to an organziation that monopolizes their lives, pays them very little, and takes every opportunity to cause competition between them and make them feel unworthy.  The dream doesn't seem as shiny and fantastic of an opportunity, now that I know how hypocritical the organization is (the DCC are "good girls" now put on this skimpy outfit") and how much influence the lives of Kelli, Judy, and Kitty (who don't particuarly like most of these girls) have on these girls.

I was re-watching a the 2nd ep finals of season 8 , we want more solos i think a way to show that the solos what they show that kitty's don't show them at the finals do a montage of regular solos do a good solos montage and don't duplicate ,  i hate the bad solos montage ! what you guys think way to improve the finals ?

it's my fave episodes every year

I was trying to comment on sleepyjean's comment and ended up just quoting her. Anyway, I totally agree with her and her comment that the show has gotten stale...that is an understatement. It has, for me, become a snorefest, too formulaic and predictable. I also now record it and fast forward to find anything compelling or interesting, which is few and far between.

In my opinion, Melissa Rycroft added nothing as a mentor and introducing her (at every single appearance) as the winner of Dancing with the Has-Beens accompanied by the astonished looks of the DCC made me want to hurl. We get it. I used to save the series and re-watch but now I just delete each episode.

I took all kinds of dance for many years and have never seen a more abrasive and snarky person than Kitty Carter. I had plenty of tough and demanding instructors but their 'corrections' were always constructive, not snarky, insulting or just plain mean. It's easy to be snarky and much harder to be constructive. And does that woman OWN a mirror? Her hair is a rat's nest and those pink highlights are not age appropriate for a woman 60+. She has no business criticizing anyone's appearance. Have you seen her ancient DCC photo? She looks as unfortunate way back then as she does now. Can you say Pillsbury dough girl?

I also read a blog by a TCC that Kelli and Judy rarely show up, usually just to film the show.

My apology for the rants but I just discovered this forum and I've got a lot of pent-up opinions.

• Love 3

I used to wish for Jay's segments to be gone and now I might be regretting it. Not the stupidity with flipping a tire, excuses to show the girls in bikinis, or body pod nonsense, but actual nutritional advice. I think it would be worth it to show how exactly a 115 lb female gets down to 108 in a 2 week period in a healthy matter. What are some exercises to help with flexibility? How do the girls eat on game days to maintain their energy? That stuff would be interesting and way better than some stupid flag football game or "mentoring" segment where everyone sits around discussing the "pressure."

Love watching Jay in the old shows.!  

i know what you mean about everyone talking about pressure(I take that back--few were talking about pressure during that segment)  But what i was wondering when I was watching it was what was everyone drinking?  Diet soda, or water?? and was Melissa R. drinking a specialty coffee, and what her caloric limit was, or if it was a reg coffee or tea, was it sweetened with stevia? How stupid of me, but that's what i was thinking more about than the pressure. Some of the girls looked like Stepford Wives, when they had to attend the meeting at Bobbie's(I think it was Bobbie's) house.  

i would like to see a 2 hour premiere on the auditions, so we can watch more of the contestants (remember how much fun the old  American Idol auditions were?), as well as the judges' deliberations and scoring. Then, we can do reg segments for the season (and the 2 hr show doesn't count)

I have just been re-watching Season 7, and I love how it continued after the team was announced.  They showed the girls at a pre-season game, then the vets dancing with Big & Rich while the rookies did a meet & greet appearance at the stadium with Kelli lurking in the background, then the swimsuit fitting and calendar shoot.  It was great!  Could've done without the somewhat skanky swimsuit runway show but it was still fun to see the girls having a good time.  Would love to see more episodes after the team is announced.  

• Love 1

I would love to see Where Are They Now with the one season only DCCs and what they're up to now.

Kaitlyn L, Hannah A (2013 squad)

Terri L, Emily C, Kali N, Collin J  (2012 squad)

Alyssa T, Kamilah B, Jenna A, Cassie K, Megan M, Amber L (2011 squad)

Alyssa S, Stephanie H, Olivia S, Kailtin L (2010 squad)

Brandi K, Vanessa J, Malia M ( 2009 squad)

Jordyn K, Lauren C, Stephani P (2008 squad)

Natalie W, Kelli Jo S, Loni L,  Candace C, Gina B (2007 squad)

Yoshiko D, Kristin H, Carrie S (2006 squad)

Melissa R,  Deanna H  (2005 squad ) 

The only two I don't care about are Chelsea and Morgan.

I don't know how this post got messed . Can a Mod please fix it? Thanks.

Edited by bigskygirl
  • Love 1

Watching some of the older seasons (even 6 & 7) I'm realizing how muh crap the show has added! The advertisements/fashion segments (yawn), and the Melissa stuff took up so much time. I'd rather see the girls working with an actual veteran or just showing them in their apartments or even working with Jay. No more Melissa. So much more interesting stuff could have been included in her time.

• Love 1

Please get rid of the over drama of game day or performances off the field. I have been watching season 7, and the constant repeating of certain things by Kelli, Judy, and the some of the girls got on my last nerve. One minute there is constant drama about the girls making mistakes, problems with the area where Show Group or veterans are performing on, the girls running around saying they are worried about being perfect, and the next minute the performance is over and Kelli and/or Judy are saying the girls did a good job. I would rather she the girls trying to balance their careers, relationships than the constant whining and drama over every single game day and other type of performances.

SleepyJean, they might not pay much attention to a group of anonymous posters on a random website, but they do pay attention to what's being said.  A few seasons back (I think it was the one where Cassie made Group Leader), they addressed the charges of nepotism that had been following the team since Cassie joined and that was several years AFTER Cassie had joined as Cassie had gotten Group leader either in her third or fourth year.  For such things to be brought up ON the show so many years after Cassie was brought on, I suspect that they would have to be hearing it from a variety of sources and for some time.  I do agree that it wouldn't affect a lot of things related to the team, especially with some of the points you mentioned, but I think that, while they were successful for the most part with some of the focus on legacies over the years (Meredith Oden, Olivia and others) failed miserably with Cassie.  If there were issues with Danielle, we didn't really hear or see anything related to them beyond speculation and rumors, we only saw and heard about the injury on the show so that was why I brought up the comparison.

Don't K and J decide who the group leaders are? If so, Judy's explanation made no sense. Or are they voted on by the team?

I've heard various things, including that Judy and Kelly watch selected girls during the season, check to see who's retiring, then see who comes back (and makes it) during auditions.  They would also have to run it by the selected girls to see if this is something they're interested in pursuing.  If yes, then they move to the next round, if not, their names are dropped.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the squad votes on their favorites (which is also something they do for Pro Bowl), then Judy and Kelly would make the final selections from there.  It's not completely a popularity contest, but that also factors into the decision as well as talent, leadership ability, memory, teaching skills, etc.  Without the complete package, many girls wouldn't even be considered.

Like a lot of people, I wonder exactly HOW they choose group leaders and seconds.  It would be interesting to know what they look for and why they choose who they choose to put forward for those positions.

Edited by EricaShadows

Cassie asked for prayers yesterday b/c her grandpa wasn't doing too well and Judy was still in MX trying to get home. Well Judy made it home but her dad passed away this morning. So sad to lose a parent but how lucky he was to live to be a 3x great grandparent.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 1

Kelli is asking people for questions for five DCC radio reports on her twitter page. I ask her if she thought about putting the show's seasons on dvd, and how they pick All-Stars and group leaders/assistant group leaders. It would be great if one of us ended up getting one of our questions answered.

Good thinking asking about DVD releases. The music clearance may be a hiccup with putting the show on DVD, but they could easily use cleared, cheaper replacement songs! Hope she answers your question and gives more insight!

I have been watching all the seasons recently. I think Kelli has softened considerably since season 1 & 2. During those episodes she seemed more aloof. To me she did a lot more observing (with a somewhat arrogant persona) and had Judy dish out the cut-throat feedback.

I am not near as good with words as some people are so this might not seem accurate. I have just noticed a change in her attitude since season 1. It's as though she has become somewhat more humble and caring.

It's as though she has become somewhat more humble and caring.

Seems like I recall in the not so distant past that after Kelli cut someone she was seen in a close up and appeared to be crying or trying to hold back crying...could be wrong

• Love 1