Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Jennv said:

She thinks the cheerleaders are just there to be objectified and should be done away with, because she finds it offensive. I personally can’t stand holier that thou people who think because they deem something offensive it should be banned. Here’s a suggestion for Sharon, if you think being a DCC is distasteful and demeaning then don’t try out. But do not presume to tell other women what they should find demeaning.

I think she says they mostly need to change the way they appear on the screen. She acknowledges the cheerleaders aren’t going anywhere. 

• Love 4

“When I was young, and we’d watch the game, the only place I’d see myself was in those girls. We don’t need that place anymore. We have other places in sports.”

This quote from that article makes me wonder if the woman quoted ever saw what beach volleyball players wear 🙂 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, An Offt said:

Because strippers don't pretend they don't try to turn men on.

Actually the DCC portray themselves as sexy girls next door.  The word sexy is used by them often, sexy hips, etc.  Also, Briana told Chandi you want the men to want you...  Kashara's nickname was Kasexy, etc.  They admit that they appeal to men, but they pride themselves in doing so tastefully.  Whether or not they achieve it is a matter of opinion.

• Love 9

Yeah, I can live without full on cash and prizes shots on that enormous screen. Full body shots, including their faces? All day. But no one needs to zoom in on the goodies during kick line, and I’ve seen that happen. 

I’m conflicted about the article, but good discussion. And I actually still like the uniform. Heaven knows there is MUCH worse in the NFL. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

Actually the DCC portray themselves as sexy girls next door.  The word sexy is used by them often, sexy hips, etc.  Also, Briana told Chandi you want the men to want you...  Kashara's nickname was Kasexy, etc.  They admit that they appeal to men, but they pride themselves in doing so tastefully.  Whether or not they achieve it is a matter of opinion.

It would be tasteful to pay these women a full time salary for a full time job.  Until that happens, I think strippers are better off.

• Love 9

Regarding the article.... The one point on which I agree with Sharon is the video board.... and the cameraman basically filming crotch shots during the leg lift and kickline, and all the pictures posted of crotch shots. Just stop. I’ll never forget being at a game at Texas Stadium. These yahoos behind us were disgusting.... one said “Oohhhhh I wish I was the cameraman right now.” And some other nonsense as the cameraman was down at the end filming the leg lift. It was just gross. I actually turned around and just glared at him. Some Men really are disgusting. I really wanted to dump my beer on him. We also heard grossness when they let the girls dance on the touchdown decks at the new stadium. I’m 💯 convinced they stopped that due to comments etc. Regardless of the official reason given. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, rose711 said:

I haven’t seen anything about the Mavs dancers. I didn’t read anything in her article as being a feminist crusade. Guess we just see it differently.

She wrote a separate blurb about the Mavs in another article.

8 hours ago, kalibean said:

Yeah, I can live without full on cash and prizes shots on that enormous screen. Full body shots, including their faces? All day. But no one needs to zoom in on the goodies during kick line, and I’ve seen that happen. 

I’m conflicted about the article, but good discussion. And I actually still like the uniform. Heaven knows there is MUCH worse in the NFL. 

The Philly Eagles cheerleaders have a uniform that may as well be a bra and panties.

• Love 2

Having seen the camera close up of Hannah? or Rachel during fat bottom girls, with her ass hanging out of the shorts and the one inch strip of material that should be a crotch, yeah, they are selling sex.  The irony is that they are technically trained dancers bouncing and jiggling on the sidelines, doing moves that strippers would be embarrassed by.  Except strippers, unlike cheerleaders, are honest about how they use their body to make money.  

I like the DCC but I would like them more if their breasts weren't hanging out of their tops and if their shorts actually covered the curve of their butt.   Cheerleaders are athletes in today's world.  The sport most likely to injure your child isn't hockey but cheerleader stunts and tumbling.  That said, that is NOT what the DCC do.  They jiggle and do sexy hips.  So, yes its entertaining but it comes at a cost.  I don't judge. But you can't say it's about female empowerment as their asses fall out of the shorts.

Edited to add:  Beach volleyball grew out of people on the beach playing volleyball, aka in swim wear.  If you take off the sleeves of the DCC uniform, are they wearing much more than the bikinis worn in a beach sport? 

Edited by hathorlive
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

Beach volleyball grew out of people on the beach playing volleyball, aka in swim wear.  If you take off the sleeves of the DCC uniform, are they wearing much more than the bikinis worn in a beach sport? 

My point exactly 🙂 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

Having seen the camera close up of Hannah? or Rachel during fat bottom girls, with her ass hanging out of the shorts and the one inch strip of material that should be a crotch, yeah, they are selling sex.  The irony is that they are technically trained dancers bouncing and jiggling on the sidelines, doing moves that strippers would be embarrassed by.  Except strippers, unlike cheerleaders, are honest about how they use their body to make money.  

I like the DCC but I would like them more if their breasts weren't hanging out of their tops and if their shorts actually covered the curve of their butt.   Cheerleaders are athletes in today's world.  The sport most likely to injure your child isn't hockey but cheerleader stunts and tumbling.  That said, that is NOT what the DCC do.  They jiggle and do sexy hips.  So, yes its entertaining but it comes at a cost.  I don't judge. But you can't say it's about female empowerment as their asses fall out of the shorts.

Edited to add:  Beach volleyball grew out of people on the beach playing volleyball, aka in swim wear.  If you take off the sleeves of the DCC uniform, are they wearing much more than the bikinis worn in a beach sport? 

I have to agree.  I love watching the show and following this board but in the end, is there much difference between the DCC and exotic dancers (the ones who keep their costumes on)?  Let's be real here... 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, itsweird said:

I have to agree.  I love watching the show and following this board but in the end, is there much difference between the DCC and exotic dancers (the ones who keep their costumes on)?  Let's be real here... 

Having been to many games and a few strip clubs back in the day while partying in New Orleans, I can tell you that, yes, there’s a pretty big difference between being a DCC and a stripper. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I don’t think strippers and the DCCs are comparable at all. Someone can like going to strip clubs and still think the DCCs are classless and vice versa.

The DCC uniforms are tiny, but they’re covered and not wearing less clothes than many people wear at the beach or the pool, and I don’t think most beachgoers consider themselves akin to strippers. By the same token, a strip club is a strip club. If you don’t like it, don’t go.  With the DCCs, they dance at a football game. Probably 95% of the people there are there for the game. So, no, I don’t think there’s anytime hypocritical about enjoying strip clubs, but being upset by crotch shots and close ups of cheerleaders’s breasts being flashed across a big screen at a football game. All about the time and place.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Having been to many games and a few strip clubs back in the day while partying in New Orleans, I can tell you that, yes, there’s a pretty big difference between being a DCC and a stripper. 

Note that I didn't specify "stripper", I know there's a whole lot of difference there.  In my area, girls can't get nude or topless (by law), they must keep all their outfit on.  It's gyrating to make men think you're sexy. Which, isn't what the DCC (and other NFL Cheerleaders) do? Someone literally above said "sexy hips" is one of their moves. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Note that I didn't specify "stripper", I know there's a whole lot of difference there.  In my area, girls can't get nude or topless (by law), they must keep all their outfit on.  It's gyrating to make men think you're sexy. Which, isn't what the DCC (and other NFL Cheerleaders) do? Someone literally above said "sexy hips" is one of their moves. 

Gotcha..... Where I come from, a stripper and an exotic dancer are the same thing.

I still think the differences are obvious.... particularly if you are familiar with what the organization does outside of just dancing at games. 

• Love 1

A football game takes three and a half hours for one hour of play time. That's a helluva lot of empty space to fill to keep the fans from getting bored. That is what cheerleading was designed to do--keep the fans occupied when the clock isn't running. It is an essential part of the game day experience and has been for over 100 years. The outfits are a minor detail. If we get women at the games to shout "nice ass" before every snap would the NFL would make players wear looser pants? Doubtful.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

The Philly Eagles cheerleaders have a uniform that may as well be a bra and panties.

Mavs article:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/05/17/lets-not-dance-around-it-dallas-mavericks-troupe-needed-to-go/?fbclid=IwAR2cxovsSadKcexnyp9vsbO3BiXox5tTMg2XhEsWnfvsym9qPSV-J_Yz6q0

Agree about the Eagles cheerleaders uniforms. The ugliest (IMO) and very boring looking.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Cracking up!  "The era of “Charlie’s Angels” is long gone" as the DCC have Heather do the Farrah shot.   "Shake your booty moves" - I don't mind sexy hips, but honestly I could live without the crotch thrust move.  That's just too much.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, itsweird said:

And.....do the all stars go to the boxes? Just curious. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yup, and when that article was first linked on here, there were also comments about how she "sounds like a bitter old hag who was never pretty enough to be a cheerleader"- which helpfully illustrates everything wrong with how our society views women. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Having been an actual stripper, I can tell you there's not.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
On 9/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, Weeklydcc said:

I hate sexy hips. It needs to go away!

• Love 3
On 3/30/2014 at 12:55 AM, BabyVegas said:

I always find Kitty hilarious (and not just because she inexplicably reminds me of Miss Vida Boheme from To Wong Foo) but I've always liked that she gives specific critiques. Not just the ever-popular "blending" tag, but she tells a girl what move they're doing wrong and why they're doing it wrong. She might be scary but at least she's pretty much always right.

“Miss Vida Boheme, of the Manhattan Bohemes”, I love her and now I’ll just think that Auntie Vida retired to Texas. She found a dance studio named Kitty Carter’s and thought, “What the hell, I’ve always been a Kitty at heart....”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I hate sexy hips. It needs to go away!

The Texans cheerleaders were doing it during last Saturday's wild card game. To use the DDC moves is one thing, but why would you take the worst of them all. Die sexy hips, as Kitty would say it died in the 70s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Can someone explain to me why they train at Oxnard? Do they own a facility there or something? They got their own stadium, their own training facility in the star etc

Lots of football teams have training camp out of town.   That way they can have long drills, strength training, and since the players live at the camp then they have total control.     I don't know if they still do, but the Washington Redskins used to have camp in Carlisle PA.    I think they used some of the dorms, and the athletic facilities, but I'm not sure about that.  

• Love 2
On 8/30/2015 at 1:02 PM, Jess14 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the show get rid of the semi-finals episode, and just premiering each season at finals with a quick recap of semis- maybe a 1.5 hour episode. I just find the first episode to be a bit boring. Seeing girls who are overweight or completely out of their element is not entertaining, especially 10 years in, and I rarely get anything out of the first phase of tryouts when the girls are doing a freestyle dance. I'm sure this change would never happen, but if there is a set number of episodes, I would much rather see another one from training camp, perhaps even an episode that focused on the vets.

Bullcrap!! Females need to know that DCC is a racially biased organization that doesn't like black women with real bodies and only wants these creepy white females who are able to have their boobs squeezed in the uniform to make them look unnatural.

On 6/5/2017 at 6:13 PM, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I would love to post it for everyone! :) I could always try putting it on YouTube and let you all know when it's up so you could all watch it really quick lol

Do you  still have this on you tube? Please let me know I've been looking for it everywhere

• Love 1
On 6/5/2017 at 7:32 PM, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Thanks for the info @Oranaiche this helps a lot! :) I will post it in 30 min segments to my own personal YouTube account and share the links here! The quality won't be 10/10 lol but I will do my best! :) Should I post the links here or in the Former Seasons thread? :)

Hey, do you still have the 2 hour special? I would love to watch it, I'm from the UK so never got the chance :-)

• Love 1
On 5/15/2021 at 8:50 PM, corrieb90 said:

Do you  still have this on you tube? Please let me know I've been looking for it everywhere

4 hours ago, corrieb90 said:

Hey, do you still have the 2 hour special? I would love to watch it, I'm from the UK so never got the chance :-)

Link sent via PM!! 😊

Thank you PhoebeKelly1992! Quite a blast from the past....

And I miss Jay's boot camps. He is quite inspiring. During some downtime while in the Navy my son was put in charge of a 'fat' camp. They were submariners who were at risk for discharge due to weight...They hated him...until the results started to show. 5 days a week...5 different daily activities. He participated along with them (kept the mutinous thoughts from surfacing)...he's a world class runner, very strong & fit...1) 10 mile run (timed) 2) 2 mile swim 2) basketball 3) water polo (toughest sport out there) 4) gym/cardio 5) weights...he took 70# off one guy in 6 months. Everyone showed positive results. Jay rocks

• Love 4