Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I do too, I think it looks awkward when all but 2 dancers are out there on the field with poms.  Or maybe none of them should be using poms.

I think poms help finish the look, especially given the size of the stadiums/fields.  They help distinguish the cheerleaders from the rest of the movement on the fields, especially since they're often metallic and that "flashiness" helps reflect light and movement up to the higher seats, even when they can barely see the cheerleaders.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think poms help finish the look, especially given the size of the stadiums/fields.

I think so too, and it makes the males that don't use them look odd, like they're doing the same moves but there's an extra something that's missing.  However, since in my opinion the NFL pretty much has dancers and not cheerleaders, I'd be fine with no poms for all.  But, I don't even know why I'm talking about this as though it's a possibility, I honestly think the Cowboys will have male dancers (besides R&B) the day after never.

• Love 5
On 5/10/2018 at 6:10 AM, ByTor said:

I don't know how reliable this is....

image.thumb.png.6d9ffa44c99155999408a5a3bdda1f07.png

Curious on this, was TK not a cheerleader back to back seasons, she tried out in 1984 and again in 1989?  Since MTT has been on, there haven't been any cheerleaders that left, tried out again and made it. 

47 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

Curious on this, was TK not a cheerleader back to back seasons, she tried out in 1984 and again in 1989?  Since MTT has been on, there haven't been any cheerleaders that left, tried out again and made it. 

I'd advise everyone do NOT click on the link in the above post. It gave me that annoying virus spam.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
Just now, sleepyjean said:

I'd advise everyone to NOT click on the link in the above post. It gave me that annoying virus spam.

I didn't click, I just looked at the picture and thought it was interesting that she didn't make consecutive years.  If I am looking at that correctly. 

39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Thanks, @sleepyjean, I had no idea.  I edited out the link.

No worries, no damage done.

1 hour ago, smitty97 said:

I didn't click, I just looked at the picture and thought it was interesting that she didn't make consecutive years.  If I am looking at that correctly. 

Yes, Tina had a gap between years. She was on the team 1984-85 (Kelli's rookie year), and came back for two more seasons, 1988-90.

Edited by sleepyjean
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

No worries, no damage done.

Yes, Tina had a gap between years. She was on the team 1984-85 (Kelli's rookie year), and came back for two more seasons, 1988-90.

Thank you, since MTT has started, the judges are always negative when a girl tries to come back after leaving the squad. 

7 hours ago, smitty97 said:

Since MTT has been on, there haven't been any cheerleaders that left, tried out again and made it. 

One. Erica Perry in Season 1. She didn’t make it back on the 2005 season, came back for 2006 and made the squad.

Oh and Whitney Ott left in 2003, came back in 2005 and was on the squad for two years.

But recently, no. But I think that has to do with who is auditioning. If a rock star wanted back on the team, I believe they would take her.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

One. Erica Perry in Season 1. She didn’t make it back on the 2005 season, came back for 2006 and made the squad.

Oh and Whitney Ott left in 2003, came back in 2005 and was on the squad for two years.

But recently, no. But I think that has to do with who is auditioning. If a rock star wanted back on the team, I believe they would take her.

If Jinelle or Jacie auditioned next year, I bet they'd lay out the red carpet. I wonder if Emma could get back on the team. I bet she could.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

If Jinelle or Jacie auditioned next year, I bet they'd lay out the red carpet. I wonder if Emma could get back on the team. I bet she could.

And now we have an idea for a new reality show - former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders want to relive their glory days.  Can they jump split, high kick, power pom their way back on the squad?  Watch the dance teacher, the business owner, the SAHM, the lawyer, the doctor and the construction worker fight it out for the position of point!!  With your hosts Melissa Rycroft and Scott Padgett!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

And now we have an idea for a new reality show - former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders want to relive their glory days.  Can they jump split, high kick, power pom their way back on the squad?  Watch the dance teacher, the business owner, the SAHM, the lawyer, the doctor and the construction worker fight it out for the position of point!!  With your hosts Melissa Rycroft and Scott Padgett!!!!!!!!!!

No thank you! A show where Melissa the Mentor is one of the hosts makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would so watch that show!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

MAKE THIS HAPPEN CMT

• Love 4
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sounds like that cmt show I want to be like a high school cheerleader again. The lady who won was a former Oakland Raiderette.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's either this or DCC DAYCARE with all the pregnant alumni right now:)  They judged their mommies, now can Jay, Scott and Marshall pass the judging as babysitters!

Uh my $$$ is on Brittany Evans baby girl with those heel stretch pics if we have a BABY DCC MAKING THE TEAM. She had pics of that girl in diapers with a bottle doing heel stretches on her own. Now that's a legacy to watch in 20 years. #teambrittanyjr 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Uh my $$$ is on Brittany Evans baby girl with those heel stretch pics if we have a BABY DCC MAKING THE TEAM. She had pics of that girl in diapers with a bottle doing heel stretches on her own. Now that's a legacy to watch in 20 years. #teambrittanyjr 

So funny!!!

On 9/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, PBSLover said:

Didn't Shelly take a break and come back as well? 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, cgloss said:

Does anyone know if Charlotte is next in line to take over the entire Cowboys organization after Jerry dies? Or is it one of the sons? I'm wondering how much would change with DCC once Jerry is gone. Usually a younger generation is more willing to update an organization. This all came about because of the discussion of women of color wearing their natural hair on the squad from another thread. For some reason, I think Jerry wouldn't like to see that, but I don't think Charlotte would actually care that much as long as the women are beautiful and thin. No reason why I think that -- I just do.

It's generally the third generation that does the most changing so we'll have to keep waiting. 

57 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I came across this in my Facebook feed recently regarding Charlotte Jones Anderson: 

That was very interesting.  She looks better on this than she does on the show for some reason (her makeup doesn’t seem as harsh?).  Anyway, it was nice to see her talking about the rest of her duties and responsibilities.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I really do like and respect Charlotte. 

I do, too. That is, I respect her as a marketing professional.  And, I do think her makeup looks a million times better here than on the show.  However, as a manager, not so much.  She needs to back-off some and let Kelli run the DCC.  I know Charlotte is her boss, but she seems to be overly involved in the day-to-day and it seems to be increasing.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Opine said:

I do, too. That is, I respect her as a marketing professional.  And, I do think her makeup looks a million times better here than on the show.  However, as a manager, not so much.  She needs to back-off some and let Kelli run the DCC.  I know Charlotte is her boss, but she seems to be overly involved in the day-to-day and it seems to be increasing.

How do you know this?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

How do you know this?

I have no inside knowledge; it is my observation from the show and what the insiders here say.  It could just be that I was oblivious the first few years.  But it seems that more and more the descriptions seem like Kelli is Charlotte's hand puppet.  And, Charlotte is definitely more vocal on screen - she did the intro before TC announcement, right?  Wasn't that the first time she had a role other than standing there?  And let us not forget the cringey "graduation" piece.  

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Opine said:

I have no inside knowledge; it is my observation from the show and what the insiders here say.  It could just be that I was oblivious the first few years.  But it seems that more and more the descriptions seem like Kelli is Charlotte's hand puppet.  And, Charlotte is definitely more vocal on screen - she did the intro before TC announcement, right?  Wasn't that the first time she had a role other than standing there?  And let us not forget the cringey "graduation" piece.  

Charlotte usually pops up thru TC for some reason or another.  But I would say that Kelli is her employee and that Charlotte trusts her to leave the day to day DCC stuff to her.  Now I can see Kelli having to discuss budget, major changes, updates, offers, etc.  Last year, there was probably more discussion about things than normal.  And I'm sure there is much discussion this year about the negative perception caused by the VK debacle.  At least I hope there is.  But overall, Charlotte seems to be smart enough to know how much to micro-manage.

12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Charlotte usually pops up thru TC for some reason or another.  But I would say that Kelli is her employee and that Charlotte trusts her to leave the day to day DCC stuff to her.  Now I can see Kelli having to discuss budget, major changes, updates, offers, etc.  Last year, there was probably more discussion about things than normal.  And I'm sure there is much discussion this year about the negative perception caused by the VK debacle.  At least I hope there is.  But overall, Charlotte seems to be smart enough to know how much to micro-manage.

I think Charlotte plays a bigger role in who does or does not make it into TC or on the squad than we all know about. Remember how she reacted when Judy felt about Yuko, or her reaction to Scott the weatherman not agreeing with her about Victoria. I also think she was the one who wanted Megan F. to come back for a third time to TC and overruled Judy and Kelli because you could tell they did not want her back in TC again. Charlotte and Kelli run the show so to speak with Judy getting a small voice in who makes it to TC and the squad.

• Like 1

yesssss Charlotte is 100% qualified, savvy, motivated and loving this small corner of her work.

i suspect she is also aware of the trainwreck that is Tina Kalima. 

I thni she also gets into the relief of mostly harmless snark at the tcc folks ~ it’s gotta be a break from bottom line spreadsheet finance crunching...but she HAS an eye on the thread and I think she knows 

Kelli F is MUCH more into That snark...based on- just rewatched 3rd season MTT and their new view via Jumbotron - the hearty chuckle over who is HD ready - really personally gleeful? - makes me view Kelli now as a Tina K  clone/Asshole  BUT with Better Optics because the eyes/hair Keli has-covers a lot of spanx and dress choice fails...

and maybe Charlotte is happy to give her un-dance-specific opinions, and also aware that the management snark should be monitored-because folks in the boardroom plain old do not give a single shit for miss Fingle ASS or her blathering about world famous blah blah when the money shot show is going to be represented by VK.

Kelli may know the money-shot+picture-face, while Kelli is also Tina Kalina -in the actual value of a person face, with prettier optics. Kelli is a prick. With pretty complexion. I think Charlotte sees that, and uses that. Because it works. 

Last results aren’t a guarantee of future results, but in the sports world, legacy kids in ownership usually ends up being a train wreck. The one exception I can think of off the top of my head is Virgina McCaskey taking over for George Halas. Not surprisingly, she stayed mostly hands off and trusted those under her to do their jobs. Usually legacy owners try to do too much in order to prove they are qualified and end up running things into the ground. Charlotte seems likely to join that group if she ever took over. 

• Love 1

I have a fun fact my husband and I discovered while doing some genealogy research. His biological paternal grandfather was Bob Cheyne, the gentleman who started the Razorbacks Sports Network and who was the very first Voice of the Razorbacks. Why am I posting this here? Granddad Cheyne was announcer when Jerry Jones was playing for the Razorbacks.

• Love 2

New to this forum.  So I'm rewatching the series and I missed a few years.  But I don't understand the whole Melissa Rycrift thing because when she was on the squad they didn't feature her very much.  

Also, what season did Cassie Trammel get married.   Which season was her last season.  They don't do a good job of letting us know that...

7 hours ago, Fanofdcc said:

New to this forum.  So I'm rewatching the series and I missed a few years.  But I don't understand the whole Melissa Rycrift thing because when she was on the squad they didn't feature her very much.  

Also, what season did Cassie Trammel get married.   Which season was her last season.  They don't do a good job of letting us know that...

Cassie's last season is 7, and in the last 5 minutes she talks about leaving.  The show stops filming for the year after the first game, the girls have until February to let K&J know if they are leaving or not.  You don't see a lot of girls talking about leaving unless they know for sure by the first game that they are retiring.  Cassie got married during the 6th season, but it isn't a part of the regular season's eps.  It is it's own show - DCC Brides - I think someone said it's on iTunes.  Hope this helps!

• Love 1

Ok. Season 9 was painful to watch because of Victoria and another girl they kept but needed to cut sooner.  

Season 10 was unique because they did cut more girls sooner than waiting.  Liked season 10 better than 9. I think.   

Still catching up. 

16 minutes ago, Fanofdcc said:

Ok. Season 9 was painful to watch because of Victoria and another girl they kept but needed to cut sooner.  

Season 10 was unique because they did cut more girls sooner than waiting.  Liked season 10 better than 9. I think.   

Still catching up. 

Victoria - the dental hygienist??  

7 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

No. She was not cut. I actually don’t know which Victoria was in Season 10.

The original post said Victoria was painful to watch in Season 9.  The only one I know of was the hygienist and she was cute and a good dancer.  I was wondering if @Fanofdcc meant someone else.  Was Season 9 Morgan and Kaitlin???

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The original post said Victoria was painful to watch in Season 9.  The only one I know of was the hygienist and she was cute and a good dancer.  I was wondering if @Fanofdcc meant someone else.  Was Season 9 Morgan and Kaitlin???

They were probably talking about Vivian... it was her 2nd yr in TC.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1