Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Why not have Judy and Kelli team up for the makeovers. I would love to hear Judy's ideas about hair and makeup because I bet dollars to donuts they both do not agree on everything when it comes to the girls.

I do remember Kelli saying last year Miss Kitty had a disagreement off camera when it came to a certain DCC Candidate. I wished they would have shown it.

Was it over Cersten only doing 1 year of DCC and possibly going to med school? It was a deleted scene that wasn't shown on MTT. 

• Love 1
On 6/27/2017 at 8:05 AM, MrsEVH said:

I was looking through the 80s squad photos (Kelli's years '84-'89) and noticed that Tina Kalina (maiden name Miller) is only on the '84, '88, and '89 squads. Either they missed her name  on the other years or she left and came back for 2 years. I thought she was a DCC for the same 5 years Kelli was.

Hopefully they did that on accident bc she a bitch. Dislike so much.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:41 AM, LaurenBrook said:

Ok, K&J, I see you!!! They look beautiful!

https://twitter.com/DCC_Judy/status/872719191165554688/photo/1

Who did they meet at the awards show? They'll probably end up on an episode like Kelli Pckler. Or was it the dark haired girl they gave boots to? Can't think of her name.

On 6/28/2017 at 0:31 PM, QuiteCalM said:

Her look basically said "I don't really give a shit if you disagree with me." damn I wish she would have said that out loud. 

That was awesome!

Sorry I am catching up on older threads I missed.  I too would have looked at Anthony Ramos when he said that. I still am not sure what qualifies him to be a judge on their performance. He would be better suited to be sitting with K and J at the fashion show.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Does Kelli have a picture with her husband standing next to her? Ever? Weird to me. 

Maybe he chooses to stay more private? But, Samantha posted this family photo in September, which I think is adorable. 

34 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Maybe he chooses to stay more private? But, Samantha posted this family photo in September, which I think is adorable. 

He may be private but standing next to your wife in an impromptu photo ONCE EVER on social media is not exactly paparazzi and princess Di. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I wish they would not focus on someone who is old trying out for the team.  I get that she thinks she is so great for doing it but it would be nice to focus on girls who actually DO have a chance.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, HowdeeDo said:

It's a reality show, but not /that/ kind of reality show. Watch Houseives if you want your staged cat fights. I don't think there's really enough tension to film anyway that would be interesting for TV. There's just no way Kelli's going to stray far from the good image they portray already. 

I totally agree. A big part of why I enjoy the show so much is because they do NOT have catfights.  It is pleasant and refreshing to have a show that features beautiful, talented and smart ladies who behave nicely!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I wish they would not focus on someone who is old trying out for the team.  I get that she thinks she is so great for doing it but it would be nice to focus on girls who actually DO have a chance.

I totally agree. A big part of why I enjoy the show so much is because they do NOT have catfights.  It is pleasant and refreshing to have a show that features beautiful, talented and smart ladies who behave nicely!

I might be wrong but I believe it was a mother and daughter trying out together.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:07 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

That was awesome!

Sorry I am catching up on older threads I missed.  I too would have looked at Anthony Ramos when he said that. I still am not sure what qualifies him to be a judge on their performance. He would be better suited to be sitting with K and J at the fashion show.

LOLOL!!! Excellent point you make. If he had a role with providing do's and don'ts for the girls, fashion advice, media coaching, then I'd be on board. He'd probably be hilarious and effective in that role. I actually think I'd like him doing that!

• Love 1

I am watching season 10.  I am curious about shy Emily.  Does anyone know anything about her?

On 6/26/2017 at 10:53 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

So was that an older pic of Cassie carrying out her giant cameo pic? I sort of remember a bunch of girls purchasing theirs last year and posting pics. 

They have to buy them??? That's ridiculous 

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

I am watching season 10.  I am curious about shy Emily.  Does anyone know anything about her?

I think they moved or remodeled and had a giant yard sale type thing where they sold a ton of decorations, retired costumes, etc.

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think they moved or remodeled and had a giant yard sale type thing where they sold a ton of decorations, retired costumes, etc.

They did this in preparation for the move to The Star!!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Well the life size cameos are technically property of the Cowboys and undoubtedly expensive, so i think it makes sense to charge the girls for them. I'd buy mine (if I were a DCC).  

• Love 3

As a former dancer, I've had super nice instructors and really blunt ones. Kitty's critiques wouldn't faze me at all. I understand her critiques--she WANTS the dancers to do well, and K & J aren't there for anyone's feelings. The DCC are a business of entertainment. Business isn't kind--she's just keeping it real! I realize those who haven't had that type of instructor find her ways to be too brash (if that came across as condescending, I wasn't trying to be! ?

I also feel like anyone who goes to her prep classes gets a low key/high key if the dancer is that BEYOND recommendation to the DCC judges. Anything Kitty tells those dancers at the prep classes should be treated as gold and audition make-or-break advice. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
Still can't spell
  • Love 6

I would have loved to have had a kitty. At least she gives you real feedback you can work with. Nothing worse than getting a scorecard thats full of great jobs and nice and then get ranked low. They always said the more they can critique and nitpick, the better they think you are. 

• Love 6

It would be one thing if Kitty was just giving all this harsh feedback and insulting girls and then letting them walk out the door.  But it seems like she genuinely works with them to take her feedback and improve.  There have been a couple instances of her helping someone re-do a solo at the last minute, or provide specific, concrete suggestions on costumes and hair.  If she had let Vivian walk in there with the tin man solo, Vivian NEVER would have made training camp.  Even the little things, like fixing one move, she will demonstrate and then praise the dancer when they give her what she's looking for. 

• Love 3
On 8/10/2017 at 2:07 PM, Nancybeth said:

It would be one thing if Kitty was just giving all this harsh feedback and insulting girls and then letting them walk out the door.  But it seems like she genuinely works with them to take her feedback and improve.  There have been a couple instances of her helping someone re-do a solo at the last minute, or provide specific, concrete suggestions on costumes and hair.  If she had let Vivian walk in there with the tin man solo, Vivian NEVER would have made training camp.  Even the little things, like fixing one move, she will demonstrate and then praise the dancer when they give her what she's looking for. 

I would have loved to see Vivian do the tin man walk!  Seriously, how she came up with it I do not know.  

Not a big fan of Kitty.  But I do believe if you catch her eye, good or bad, and it gets whispered into J&K ears it will affect your outcome with the squad.  The vet Kelli auditioned 4 times, and during one season when K was talking about top dancers or something, a clip of Kelli was shown with her doing awesome moves, but she didn't make it into finals.  On the 4th time, K asked why she didn't notice her for 4 years.  I think if Kelli had made herself known quite loudly to Kitty, it would have been brought to the attention of the judges to watch this one.  

Holly is a fab dancer, and I wonder if she is a good teacher.  Opening a studio would be a great source of income for her.  Last year's show group dancers were the best ever, and it was because of Holly and the routines created for her talent. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I have never once heard anyone actually call her Miss Kitty, is that actually a thing?  I mean, just because I never heard it doesn't mean it doesn't happen :)

I think I have. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Would be nice if the giant cameos were gifted. Nice send off. Cowboys are not hurting for money. 

True, but DCC and Cowboys are separate business entities. DCC has to earn its keep just like everyone else, and they don't have nearly the revenue stream (or expenses to be fair) as the Cowboys.

19 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Would be nice if the giant cameos were gifted. Nice send off. Cowboys are not hurting for money. 

I completely agree.  I dont care if DCC is an organization, the pictures are of them!!!  The Cowboys make PLENTY of money off the cheerleaders and charging them for their own pictures really leaves a bad taste.  It makes them look like total a*******.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

True, but DCC and Cowboys are separate business entities. DCC has to earn its keep just like everyone else, and they don't have nearly the revenue stream (or expenses to be fair) as the Cowboys.

The DCC Organization, according to Kelli, makes around one million dollars a year in revenue. Of course the figure may be higher now, but this total does even come close to what the entire Cowboys Organization makes.

17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The DCC Organization, according to Kelli, makes around one million dollars a year in revenue. Of course the figure may be higher now, but this total does even come close to what the entire Cowboys Organization makes.

Exactly. We know the entire Cowboys org earns probably in the billions after you factor merchandising, etc. However, like with most businesses, if one entity is a financial drain, most likely the others won't lose revenue to cover it. DCC doesn't make money, or at least cover its own expenses, it's gone.

• Love 1

The football team brings in most of the money. Yes, the cheerleaders bring in money, but the players are the ones who draws the attention to the Cowboys Organization. I am not saying the cheerleaders are not important, but the organization can and will survive with or without them. I do remember one year when Kelli was saying the sideline calendar was making more money than the swimsuit calendar. I have no idea if this trend is continuing, but the costs to keep the DCC organization running is probably not getting any cheaper. And yes, the DCC budget is set by how much revenue they bring in aka a totally different separate budget than the football team has.

I think there is a lot of misconception that all the money earned by the Cowboys organization goes into one big pot, and they share equally like a family. So the cheerleaders should get some of the players money, or merchandise money, or fitness club money, etc. But it doesn't work that way in business. Successful businesses aren't going to rob Peter to pay Paul. Instead, they're going to get rid of Paul, and find more Peters who make money. The Dallas Cowboys would survive and thrive without the cheerleaders (God forbid for our sake), but they have zero purpose without the football players, and even most of them are interchangable, and ultimately replaceable.

• Love 4
On 6/5/2017 at 0:13 PM, NicoleS9954 said:

I would love to post it for everyone! :) I could always try putting it on YouTube and let you all know when it's up so you could all watch it really quick lol

@NicoleS9954 We're you ever able to post the 2 hr special or anything else?   Would be soooo awesome. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Rita J said:

@NicoleS9954 We're you ever able to post the 2 hr special or anything else?   Would be soooo awesome. 

@Rita J I uploaded 3 segments of the 2 hour special to my YouTube channel, I think they are still there! :) I stopped recording and uploading as there were issues with the audio and I wasn't really posting here but I can pick up where I left off if people are still interested? :)

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

@Rita J I uploaded 3 segments of the 2 hour special to my YouTube channel, I think they are still there! :) I stopped recording and uploading as there were issues with the audio and I wasn't really posting here but I can pick up where I left off if people are still interested? :)

Meeeeeeee :)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Meeee!! Do you have a link to your channel?

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Wow did you see the author?!

Yup..who knew...maybe she's minoring in journalism for all we know :)

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if she's planning some sort of PR career with the Cowboys

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2017 at 6:06 PM, Jazzmom said:

Not a big fan of Kitty.  But I do believe if you catch her eye, good or bad, and it gets whispered into J&K ears it will affect your outcome with the squad.  The vet Kelli auditioned 4 times, and during one season when K was talking about top dancers or something, a clip of Kelli was shown with her doing awesome moves, but she didn't make it into finals.  On the 4th time, K asked why she didn't notice her for 4 years.  I think if Kelli had made herself known quite loudly to Kitty, it would have been brought to the attention of the judges to watch this one.

I remember in one episode (maybe season 8 or 9?) Kelli was flipping through applications and it was Kelli Q's picture with an email attached to it. I actually paused it to read it because the email was clear as day and it was from Kitty, totally praising Kelli and talking about how great she was. So yes, Kitty most definitely gets in their ear! But it still doesn't explain why Kelli overlooked her all those years of auditioning...

• Love 2

I like the small does of Kitty, because I think she'd be overkill with just a whole hour of her, but Kitty is the best mentor they have. If they can't take constructive criticism from Kitty, they will never handle some of the stuff fans and haters throw at them. Kitty tries to thwart as much as she can. 

• Love 2