Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

1.  Leave out interview or intro clips of girls who don't make it to finals or better yet, save all the intros/bios for after TCCs are announced and wrap up the 1st episode with the entire audition process like in seasons 1 and 7. Then just have the little bios be on any new TCC and there will still be that mystery of who makes the team for the others unlike me who wants to know what is really happening right as it happens. 

2.  Less time in the office and focusing on the negative issues( really dramatic music in background) with girls who are having issues since we get to know about that during the mentoring sessions. More dancing and the actual routines as they are, not edited clips of the girls doing 3 different routines but made to look like they were just doing one, I can tell every time and while I know they have to condense somehow and it may just be me who sees this but it annoys me because sometimes the critiques made by K and J don't make sense because we are not always viewing what they are really talking about. 

3. I would like to see a longer amount of show time dedicated to the show group audition process. Those are my favorite episodes always and more/longer video of the family and friends event.  The fans of the show have been waiting for 8 weeks to see the final product and we want to see more of this especially since those like myself who LOVE the DCC don't live in Texas and won't see them at a game or anywhere live dancing. 

• Love 1

How about they stop acting like rehearsal was "last night".  Be honest and tell the audience that Kelly and Judy only come once a week.  @ShellyB DO they tell the girls to say they were in the office last night even though it was last week?  I think it needs to be more transparent. 

(edited)
9 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

How about they stop acting like rehearsal was "last night".  Be honest and tell the audience that Kelly and Judy only come once a week.  @ShellyB DO they tell the girls to say they were in the office last night even though it was last week?  I think it needs to be more transparent. 

When they say last night, they mean it. Many nights the filming is back to back. Every once in a while they have a day in between filming to work on the concerns. They are there throughout the summer at least 3 nights a week. The other nights are covered by myself or Shelly Mc. The cameras are not there every night, maybe 2-3 nights a week, depending on the event. For example this week, filming is scheduled 5 days out of 7, rehearsal is 4 out of 7 days with the other 3 being other events. K & J are with the girls 5 out of 7 days this week. I will add that filming days are notoriously long....6-10 hours, much longer than normal rehearsal which are 3-4 hours. How much more transparency do you want? Do you really think they could make educated decisions appearing 1 night a week? Sure we share notes, but the decisions are ultimately theirs based on their hours with the TCC. #truth

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Do you really think they could make educated decisions appearing 1 night a week?

I always thought the rumor that they only showed up once a week was full of crap.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I always thought the rumor that they only showed up once a week was full of crap.

That rumor originated from a blog post Kalli Fullerton wrote the second time she went through camp. She definitely said that K&J are not there most nights, so she was either exaggerating, or they just run camp differently now than they did five or six years ago. I'd be more inclined to believe the former, heh.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

That rumor originated from a blog post Kalli Fullerton wrote the second time she went through camp. She definitely said that K&J are not there most nights, so she was either exaggerating, or they just run camp differently now than they did five or six years ago. I'd be more inclined to believe the former, heh.

This. That was one year's experience six years ago. Maybe that year they weren't around as much, but now they are.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Ugh. Sweet girl but bugged the shit outta me. 

• Love 1

There's still not a lot of transparency @ShellyB   Blame Kalli F for corrupting my mind but why would she lie? 

What about the cuts they don't show.  There are 3-4 TCC's that just went poof into the night and nothing was said about their dismissal.  

31 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

There's still not a lot of transparency @ShellyB   Blame Kalli F for corrupting my mind but why would she lie? 

What about the cuts they don't show.  There are 3-4 TCC's that just went poof into the night and nothing was said about their dismissal.  

Not sure why she would say that? Disgruntled?? You can't believe everything you hear from someone who didn't have successes. She was on the show in the beginning stages, so chances are as a two time TCC, she was really focused on keeping her #covfefe straight! If they don't show the cuts, they probably didn't really have a storyline that they were following. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not sure why she would say that? Disgruntled?? You can't believe everything you hear from someone who didn't have successes. She was on the show in the beginning stages, so chances are as a two time TCC, she was really focused on keeping her #covfefe straight! If they don't show the cuts, they probably didn't really have a storyline that they were following. 

Oh my. I am officially obsessed with you after this post. Laughing so hard.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

RIGHT!  Please smack me in the head the next time I talk about this, for some reason I always think someone claiming to be an insider posted this here!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

RIGHT!  Please smack me in the head the next time I talk about this, for some reason I always think someone claiming to be an insider posted this here!

Camp has pretty much been the same since my rookie season in 1989, with the exception of tv cameras 2-3 nights a week. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This isn't so much about show improvements, but I wish the DCC did something like this (or maybe they do & I'm not aware of it)

This reminds me of what the football players do. Love the one girl is from The Art Institute of Colorado....i used to be a recruiter for The Art Institute of Philadelphia...I can tell you they do not have a cheerleading team;)

• Love 1

Small squad?  There are some cute and smart girls there, but. DCC would do that bit a heck of a lot better. Better lighting, better hair, better makeup.  

On 6/14/2017 at 7:56 PM, ShellyB said:

Not sure why she would say that? Disgruntled?? You can't believe everything you hear from someone who didn't have successes. She was on the show in the beginning stages, so chances are as a two time TCC, she was really focused on keeping her #covfefe straight! If they don't show the cuts, they probably didn't really have a storyline that they were following. 

Thanks @ShellyB !

On 6/15/2017 at 8:27 PM, AnnMichele said:

That'd be so cool for DCC to do. @ShellyB

Mmmm...I think our show covers this. Along with all of DCC social media and their personal accounts. This looks very similar to our game day intro minus the verbiage, backlit, darkstage with still and dancing segments. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Mmmm...I think our show covers this. Along with all of DCC social media and their personal accounts. This looks very similar to our game day intro minus the verbiage, backlit, darkstage with still and dancing segments. 

Often imitated, never equaled.....

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

How about a new show/episode intro??  New song, updated video of girls on the squad no more ..  Ready   and   huuh (grunt)  No more exploding fireworks!   Just sayin.

I like this idea too!  It would be nice to have the current girls in the intro.  Sydney was the "most current" one on it...... I do realize that Cassie is there, too.   Maybe she can put on a uniform and do a couple of shots with the current ones!!  :\

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I like this idea too!  It would be nice to have the current girls in the intro.  Sydney was the "most current" one on it...... I do realize that Cassie is there, too.   Maybe she can put on a uniform and do a couple of shots with the current ones!!  :\

giphy.gif

• Love 5
On 6/14/2017 at 8:04 AM, DCCroutineFAN said:

1.  Leave out interview or intro clips of girls who don't make it to finals or better yet, save all the intros/bios for after TCCs are announced and wrap up the 1st episode with the entire audition process like in seasons 1 and 7. Then just have the little bios be on any new TCC and there will still be that mystery of who makes the team for the others unlike me who wants to know what is really happening right as it happens. 

2.  Less time in the office and focusing on the negative issues( really dramatic music in background) with girls who are having issues since we get to know about that during the mentoring sessions. More dancing and the actual routines as they are, not edited clips of the girls doing 3 different routines but made to look like they were just doing one, I can tell every time and while I know they have to condense somehow and it may just be me who sees this but it annoys me because sometimes the critiques made by K and J don't make sense because we are not always viewing what they are really talking about. 

3. I would like to see a longer amount of show time dedicated to the show group audition process. Those are my favorite episodes always and more/longer video of the family and friends event.  The fans of the show have been waiting for 8 weeks to see the final product and we want to see more of this especially since those like myself who LOVE the DCC don't live in Texas and won't see them at a game or anywhere live dancing. 

I totally agree with all this.  I don't understand why they focus so much on girls who don't make it.  Seems to me the girls who DO make it deserve more air time.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I totally agree with all this.  I don't understand why they focus so much on girls who don't make it.  Seems to me the girls who DO make it deserve more air time.

Here, here!

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I don't understand why they focus so much on girls who don't make it.

For the drama I guess...so we can get to know them & then feel really bad when they don't make it.  Plus, I guess they don't want to make the outcome too obvious by heavily focusing on the ones who make it.

• Love 3

@Rosiemac re your halo top comment : it's funny you saw that too. Judy's post  is the reason I even tried it lol. I'm totally fangirling over Judy. She's probably my very favorite. I love everything about her. She's a snappy dresser, she's apparently super woman (ever read Cassie's post about how much Judy does on Thanksgiving??), her hair is amazing, she's classy and funny, and helloooo... That HAIR! Love Judes! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

@Rosiemac re your halo top comment : it's funny you saw that too. Judy's post  is the reason I even tried it lol. I'm totally fangirling over Judy. She's probably my very favorite. I love everything about her. She's a snappy dresser, she's apparently super woman (ever read Cassie's post about how much Judy does on Thanksgiving??), her hair is amazing, she's classy and funny, and helloooo... That HAIR! Love Judes! 

I found Halo Top last year...some flavors are better than others;) The nice thing is you can't eat too much.  Judy does have a nice style. Looks like her grand baby is going to have her hair as well!

• Love 1

Please Please Please do another DCC brides episode featuring some newer DCC. Even if it has to be later in the year after MTT 12 has already completed like a special. I loved the last one and now we have Jax and Amy L and I know there is someone I am forgetting and someone else who will get engaged, .... Kelsey????? - I hope. I am speaking from the girly girl in me as I just watched several youtube videos of weddings. You know those compilations of video and photos with emotional mushy music. I actually cried (don't make fun) watching Jennifer E. and Sydneys.

• Love 2

It time again for "Things Kelli says!" The part of our show where we decide what the heck Kelli is talking about... 

Kelsey's greasy chewy bacon! And my new favorite, 

"Brennan, you look like you are thinking with your teeth again." 

IMG_3617.GIF

• Love 1
(edited)

I am sick of Kelli constantly saying how hard it is to make it (the Rockettes comparison, learning dances to any other dancers might be extreme) the list goes on and on.  Everyone knows how hard it is to become a DCC!

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
9 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Please Please Please do another DCC brides episode featuring some newer DCC. Even if it has to be later in the year after MTT 12 has already completed like a special. I loved the last one and now we have Jax and Amy L and I know there is someone I am forgetting and someone else who will get engaged, .... Kelsey????? - I hope. I am speaking from the girly girl in me as I just watched several youtube videos of weddings. You know those compilations of video and photos with emotional mushy music. I actually cried (don't make fun) watching Jennifer E. and Sydneys.

JAx, Amy, and Simone. They had a nice pic up on insta. Yes I loved the DCC brides episode even though it ended up being pretty Cassie focused. I LOVE the trend of the DCC performing thunderstruck at the reception. 

• Love 1

I'd be down for another Bride feature, but I'd imagine that's up to CMT and the budget, also factoring in how the first one did in ratings. DCC have appeal on their own for their series, but bridal territory is potentially a smaller market for CMT. At least maybe a feature on the website or a FB live Q and A with the brides to be. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'd be down for another Bride feature, but I'd imagine that's up to CMT and the budget, also factoring in how the first one did in ratings. DCC have appeal on their own for their series, but bridal territory is potentially a smaller market for CMT. At least maybe a feature on the website or a FB live Q and A with the brides to be. 

How about Four Wedding special?  I'd love to see them judge each other while trying to maintain the DCC code of conduct and not get too bitchy. ?

• Love 3

Do you think the current brides-to-be tho are well known enough?  A lot of people outside of super fans don't even know Jax was on the squad, Amy is only just starting to stand out, same with Simone. Tho I guess only super fans would watch a bride special anyway LOL  

• Love 1

I think CMT and the DCC Organization took a big hit from the last bride special due to the fact it was too focused on you know who. I agree with @LaurenBrook about the three future brides not being well known to be featured on another bride special. I would rather see an extended season like this one where the episodes go from eight to thirteen episodes instead. Why not do a special on former DCCs or follow a few of the girls trying out for the squad from the minute they decide to try out, arrive in Dallas, to the start of tryouts. I know Judy was saying there was not enough money in the budget for a former DCCs special, but I wonder if it was code language for we took some major heat due to the fact my daughter was the main focus for the one hour bride special aka a lot of viewers and fans were not happy about it.

I didn't care at all that Cassie's wedding was focused on more because her bridesmaids are all faves of mine and perhaps there just wasn't available footage/filming on the other weddings. I don't pay any attention to all the issues reasons behind what sells and why. I personally am not a fan of CMT. I just enjoyed the show. Maybe the brides can put together some home movies of these weddings then just for goofball fans like me.  Totally joking. Anywho

• Love 4

Trisha and Sunni were not married by the time the bride special aired. I think the fans can get a good idea about other current or former DCCs weddings by looking the girls' social media pages. CMT and the DCC organization go by ratings and money. If a special does not do well or there is some flack over it, chances are no more certain type of specials. I am not saying no more bride specials, but I would love to see something outside the DCC world box instead of the same ole, same ole from the last eleven seasons.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think CMT and the DCC Organization took a big hit from the last bride special due to the fact it was too focused on you know who. I agree with @LaurenBrook about the three future brides not being well known to be featured on another bride special. I would rather see an extended season like this one where the episodes go from eight to thirteen episodes instead. Why not do a special on former DCCs or follow a few of the girls trying out for the squad from the minute they decide to try out, arrive in Dallas, to the start of tryouts. I know Judy was saying there was not enough money in the budget for a former DCCs special, but I wonder if it was code language for we took some major heat due to the fact my daughter was the main focus for the one hour bride special aka a lot of viewers and fans were not happy about it.

It showed Cassie's wedding because it was in the time frame of filming. Trisha & Sunni's wedding were months way from the air date. So the decided to focus on the girls planning & ideas. 

• Love 3

Sorry but I don't think CMT or the DCC took any heat for the brides special. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- regardless of what some people on this board think about Cassie, it's not the general opinion of all people who watch MTT or are Cowboys/DCC fans. Cassie was actually pretty popular when she was a cheerleader and had a lot of diehard fans.

I think it would be fun to see an updated brides special, but I'm not holding my breath. Stuff like that is usually a one off. I'm super excited for the extended season though. ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Cassie was my favorite when I watched the show for the first time lol

She's still one of my all time favorites. I think she's hilarious. I always laugh during the scene where the vets all went bowling in teams together, I think Cassie's final year. Her team won and she gave a thank you speech to all the other teams for basically sucking more than her team did. That's just my kind of humor so I relate to her on so many levels.

• Love 4