Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

YES, I am dying to know what is in that handbook!

I'm so fascinated by all the NFL cheerleader lawsuits. The Buffalo Jills seem to get an especially raw deal. At least the DCC actually pay their cheerleaders.

• Love 1

It would be interesting to see what's in the Big Book of DCC that all of the training camp candidates get at the first meeting. Scandalous details of the Buffalo Jill's rule book have been splashed across the media in the past few days regarding personal hygiene (use correct size of tampons!), etiquette rules (don't eat too much bread!), etc. I can only imagine the lengthy rules the DCC must follow! Give us a peak Kelly and Judy!!

Interesting article:

http://time.com/77211/buffalo-jills-cheerleaders-bills/

I can only imagine the lengthy rules the DCC must follow! Give us a peak Kelly and Judy!!

Are they allowed to leave the building with those binders? I bet they aren't, or at least they won't be anymore. At the very least, we know that when someone is cut during training camp, that blonde lady walks them back to the dressing room and makes sure they turn in the binder, the poms, and that night's practice attire. I thought that was especially sad that they can't even keep the tacky sports bras they just spent three hours sweating in.

Still, Kelli has been around for a long time, and has a special genius for making sure the DCC fall in line 100%, and nobody blabs a bit of all their dirty little secrets.  I think it's part contractual, part intimidation, part peer pressure, and part brainwashing.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

@sleepyjean--I know in past seasons the rookies have been able to take their binders home to study. But you're right, they may not be able too anymore due to recent scandals about rule books from other cheer squads!

I think the rules for most squads have been pretty similar and strict for years, it's just coming to light now in the press. I don't think Kelly and Judy would take too kindly if one of their cheerleaders exposed their lists of rules and regulations to the outside world! Would make for some darn good TV though if they would let us see. Lol!

Edited by Pearl1227

@sleepyjean--I know in past seasons the rookies have been able to take their binders home to study. But you're right, they may not be able too anymore due to recent scandals about rule books from other cheer squads!

I think the rules for most squads have been pretty similar and strict for years, it's just coming to light now in the press. I don't think Kelly and Judy would take too kindly if one of their cheerleaders exposed their lists of rules and regulations to the outside world! Would make for some darn good TV though if they would let us see. Lol!

Didn't they show Danielle and Jasmine reading their binders at their apartment in season 7?

Edited by MrsEVH

I believe on one episode several seasons ago that someone said they must have the binder with them at all times so it travels back and forth from home to practice.

I don't know if there is any place to put this suggestion but I would like to see some energy put into the website.  Where are game videos, posts etc from Pro Bowl, any surprise announcements in the locker room like game day girl and Pro Bowl selection?  On the surface the site looks great but content and additions are dated.

Ok another thing I liked was the tryouts for show group and then the announcements.  How about showing an announcement for who will be point girl.  Has anyone seen what those 12 promises are that are on the wall in the studio??

Kelli often refers to it as the cheerleaders "creed." From the occasional excerpts she has shared, I believe she has either adopted “The Optimist Creed” by  Christian Larson or adapted it in some way for the DCC.

Promise yourself
1.  To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
2.  To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
3.  To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
4.  To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
5.  To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
6.  To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
7.  To forget the mistakes of the past, and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
8.  To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.
9.  To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
10.  To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
11.  To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
12.  To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.

I'd like if they could post the top finals auditions on their website or as extras. They picked a top number last year and those girls were "awarded" the DCC Barbie. Those girls- I love actually seeing the girls dance!

• Love 1

I would just like to see more dancing from more of the TC Candidates and Veterans. Last season was the worst, with the hyper focus on Morgan and Kaitlin and little focus on the best dancers of the group. I also want to see how they pick the group leaders and how they decide which girls are in each group. 

• Love 3

Hi All -

Making the show better is something I am sure Kelli wants but the woman has a lot on her plate. She gave the fans the behind the scenes in season 7 (Oxnard, swimsuit calendar, Jackie and Colin at work) but they can only do so much. If the girls don't want to be on camera, it isn't going to happen.

Kinzie is adorable. I don't think she has had one on- camera interview since making the squad. There was another girl in Season 3 that came from the Atlanta Falcons (she cheered with Loni) and she never went on camera either.

You may have read the NFL is now picking which teams go to play a London game (as well as mandatory participation on HBO's Hard Knocks). The Cowboys are playing in London this fall and I am wondering if the cheerleaders will travel with them. I believe in the past they have. That will add some spice if the CMT crew is allowed to join.

I would love to see the DCC deejay that is talked about on this site. I never knew the DCC had a deejay. Music is such a big deal (the shows lose some sparkle when you buy on iTunes and Amazon because CMT doesn't pay for music rights for online, just television), so maybe this is a tough one to show but I would LOVE to see how that works.

I thought Season 8's extra video on the uniform was terrific and informative. How the DCC chooses their trades would be interesting. Showing a girl from an audition picture to DCC makeover would be cool. Hair, make-up, teeth, tan and toning. It makes a difference....I would love it if they could go back and show Starr Spangler, Brooke Sorenson, Tobie Percival. Those were the most dramatic makeovers I can think of.

(edited)

In my opinion, the scenes with the veterans at the bowling alley, calendar shoot, and the shooting range were forced and fake. They were trying to make the viewer believe the calendar shoot came after TC was over (the same thing happened in season 5 also.) They also show the girls being shown the calendar, and they act surprise that they are be shown the whole thing. I do not know of someone(s) tell the girls to react a certain way, but it seems over the top.

I would love to know all the rookies (bad and good) and not focus on the ones who may or may not be shown the door. Season 2 was the best. Season 7 was not that much of an improvement. I would rather see what happens during the season and what happens after the football season ends. Plus a few specials of what happens with the girls after they leave the team.

Edited by bigskygirl

I hope they do not focus on the two former Tampa Bay cheerleaders like they did with Jasmine and Danielle. I think Danielle looks better this year. They need to stop focusing on certain veterans esp. after last year with Morgan and Kaitlyn.

I've watched this show since the 2 hour special way back in the day, and I've seen it go through a lot of format revisions in response to fan comments. Some things I've been glad to see (dump the tire-flipping foolishness), and others not so much (fake meetups between TCCs - these girls are not actresses and their awkwardness shows through their scripted lines). The one suggestion that fans have made since Season 2 that has never made it to the screen is a "Where are they now?" segment. Yes, the show is about *making* the team, not leaving it, but there are a number of girls over the almost decade this show has been on that developed quite a fan following. The backstories and the struggle some of them had is what got the fans invested in this show in the first place, and has helped keep viewers tuning in year after year.Show us where some of our favorites are - who's graduated college? Who's a doctor/lawyer/teacher/proud parent? Who is actively involved in a charity and doing good deed for others? Who has overcome adversity since leaving the team and attributes their success to the attitude and discipline they developed while being a DCC?

We hear every year how being a DCC is a once in a lifetime experience, a learning experience; that being on the team helps develop these smart young women into even smarter more successful women.   ...Well, let's see it. Put a couple of followup segments in place of the fake meetups.

Or if the fake meetups absolutely HAVE to happen, don't make them meetups - have the TCCs talk to the camera. In practice gear, at the studio, and toss the script out the window. Give them the questions beforehand and then edit the daylights out of what the answers are if you have to, but let them be themselves.

After almost a decade of this show, alot of the canned responses are so polished it's worthy of eye-rolling. Put some life and a bit more...ahem, reality... into it. 

Oh, and just for the record, if K & J do read the boards, please post where the heck you buy your shoes at. Seriously. 

• Love 2

I would like to see them do some blocking of a performance as we just see them basically dance in place in the studio.  Show us what it takes to make the triangle and all the changes that occur to get everyone in the correct place for the kickline.  I was in marching band and know that telling people to be at a certain point in 4 counts can cause chaos!!

• Love 2

Just saw this tweet from Samantha Finglass...wonder if this means she won't be trying out for DCC?

Samantha Finglass ‏@samfinglass  2h
If I still cheered, this Wednesday would be the first time I would have practice on my birthday......#weird

I saw her in a pic with another DCC alums daughter talking about how they can't wait to be America's sweethearts together. Or something like that. Led me to believe she would at some point try out for the squad.

• Love 1

I saw her in a pic with another DCC alums daughter talking about how they can't wait to be America's sweethearts together. Or something like that. Led me to believe she would at some point try out for the squad.

Which alum?

I am posting this as it bothers me every season: why do Kelli and Judy wait until 2 weeks before the frst game to put the TCC on the field? They talk about how hard the jumpsplits are and that is why they start doing it so early in camp. The field seems to be just as hard so why wait?

• Love 2

I am posting this as it bothers me every season: why do Kelli and Judy wait until 2 weeks before the frst game to put the TCC on the field? They talk about how hard the jumpsplits are and that is why they start doing it so early in camp. The field seems to be just as hard so why wait?

Not only that, but as they are practicing the entrance, some girls just aren't hitting the lines and are getting in trouble for it. Some girls are also not standing out on the field and not dancing well.  Then the  next thing you know it, K and J announce the team, and those who were on their radar are still there. I'm thinking did I miss something?  With the editing, it was very anticlimactic. It seemed to be that way these last 2 seasons.

(edited)

Not only that, but as they are practicing the entrance, some girls just aren't hitting the lines and are getting in trouble for it. Some girls are also not standing out on the field and not dancing well.  Then the  next thing you know it, K and J announce the team, and those who were on their radar are still there. I'm thinking did I miss something?  With the editing, it was very anticlimactic. It seemed to be that way these last 2 seasons.

I've always wondered about those girls "on the bubble". Do they just magically improve after they make squad?

Edited by MrsEVH

NOTE FROM MOD:  I just moved the whole Chelsea discussion to the Past Seasons thread, where it really belongs.  This thread is for suggesting things the show could improve on.

Please try to be more conscious about posting things in the appropriate thread.  It makes it much easier for people to find things and follow the discussion.  I know sometimes things take unexpected turns, but when it becomes clear that the whole discussion is no longer about the appropriate topic, please decamp to the right place leaving a note behind for those who want to follow.  Thanks.

So Kelli's daughter Samantha said on Twitter a few days ago that she will go to college first and then once she is done with college if she decides to tryout she will come back. I hope she decides to tryout all the girls truly seem to like her and she seems sweet

Terms Kelli & Judy use to describe the TCCs dancing and their bodies:

sloppy

messy

clunky

noodle arms (Rachel B)

stick in her neck (Ika) 

stumpy (Grace)

plastic, mannequin like (Lacey M)

all over the place

frozen face (Emily)

floppy foot (Marie)