Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

Oranaiche, I have always thought Grace, Katie Shouten and Meg Pravden were the 3 biggest misses Kelli has made during MTT. Kelli seems to always want redheads and she had a real beauty in Katie, as well as, a good dancer. Meg was sexy and powerful. Such a pity.. would have been great DCC's IMO.

Glad I'm not the only one! I adore all three of them and think K&J were drinking drugs when they got rid of them.

Glad I'm not the only one! I adore all three of them and think K&J were drinking drugs when they got rid of them.

Agree! I would add Liz Reuter to the list. She was so talented, tall and beautiful.
  • Love 1

Agree! I would add Liz Reuter to the list. She was so talented, tall and beautiful.

See, I agree that Liz was beautiful and talented, but the difference between her and the other girls I mentioned is that she was visibly soft (imo). Honestly after watching this show for ten seasons, I can't think of another girl who looked softer than she did, maybe other than Victoria (season 2?), but I think Liz and Victoria's bodies were pretty similar honestly. It's unfortunate because Liz WAS such a great dancer, but I honestly couldn't disagree with K&J on her body not being uniform ready. She also didn't help her case by telling them she would have rather not come to training camp at all if she had known she would get cut. They weren't going to take her back to training camp the next year after saying that, especially when she came back to auditions still soft.

But to be clear I really did like Liz a lot. I just think she was out of shape.

She also didn't help her case by telling them she would have rather not come to training camp at all if she had known she would get cut. They weren't going to take her back to training camp the next year after saying that, especially when she came back to auditions still soft.

You are so right. The look on Judy's face when Liz said that was priceless. I was cringing in my sofa. I knew she completely lost Judy at that point.

• Love 1

See, I agree that Liz was beautiful and talented, but the difference between her and the other girls I mentioned is that she was visibly soft (imo). Honestly after watching this show for ten seasons, I can't think of another girl who looked softer than she did, maybe other than Victoria (season 2?), but I think Liz and Victoria's bodies were pretty similar honestly. It's unfortunate because Liz WAS such a great dancer, but I honestly couldn't disagree with K&J on her body not being uniform ready. She also didn't help her case by telling them she would have rather not come to training camp at all if she had known she would get cut. They weren't going to take her back to training camp the next year after saying that, especially when she came back to auditions still soft.

But to be clear I really did like Liz a lot. I just think she was out of shape.

Thank you, glad I'm not taking crazy pills! Liz was always one I understood because she really was softer in the middle.  I HATE saying that because outside of DCC land she is FIT!!! but we know how nitpicky they are (with the 'unforgiving uniform') and it kind of baffled me that Liz came back the next year like "I got my body in shape!" and I'm thinking, huh? She looked exactly the same to me which led me to think that is just her happy weight and again, she looks great! but I totally understood K&J (and Charlotte's) reasoning on that one.  And agreed she screwed up by speaking out of emotions and saying she wished they had not brought her to camp at all. :-/  I will end my bit on her by saying I also loved her dance style and personality otherwise.  Very pretty girl who would have had a great presence on the team.

LOVED Meg P. She was one I just didn't understand.  Her haircut was really what I was not a fan of, I didn't see anything with her weight.  She had a midriff bearing solo costume and looked FANTASTIC.  Grace was also completely fine in the uniform.  She was one who seemed to even tone up a bit during camp and she looked awesome on the Mavs! Just weird. 

• Love 2

SHOW A WHOLE DANCE FROM START TO FINISH WITHOUT CUTTING THE SHOT. It's hard to focus on what they're actually doing, and they're always emphasizing what skilled technical dancers they are, but you can't see much of anything with the split second camera cuts. Unless you're afraid the girls aren't as good as you say, show a whole dance.

• Love 2

I would like to see a little more of the vets prior to finals too. Like maybe during the semi-finals episode do some cut aways to the returning vets showing their prepping for their solo or talking about how they kept in shape and trained during the off season. Stuff like that. It may also be nice if they went over who retired or decided not to return in some short way.

I love the semi-final episode just so you can see the faces in the crowd of who was there and came back again, etc. It's also a really good episode to look back on years later and seeing people who later made the squad and realizng they were cut in prior years.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

Rewatching some of the seasons, and I'm trying to decide who among Kelli, Judy and Kitty would build the best DCC team if each had total autonomy. I think it would be Kitty. Not just because she can spot great technical dancers, but she can also spot great performers in general, so I think she would have the right mix of girls on  the team. I think a Judy-built team would be all blonde technical dancers (lol!). Good, but boring. Kelli on her own would take too many chances on the diamonds in the rough, so the team would have a lot of Morgans and Kaitlyns and lots of other "pretty girls who can't kick," as Judy once said.

Also, it really seems like Kelli and Judy just tolerate each other.

• Love 1

Haha - that's fun to think about cgloss. Judy would pick a bunch of less than fit and don't all have the DCC look technical dancers. Kelli would pick a bunch of diamonds in the rough w/ really pretty faces and nice figures who don't know what they are doing - then she'd make all the blondes over to have brown hair and all the brunettes to have red hair. Kitty would pick a bunch of super hot girls who were excellent performers - however, I think kitty has a different opinion of who is super hot than Kelli does.

• Love 1

however, I think kitty has a different opinion of who is super hot than Kelli does.

Haha! Kitty likes the girls to be a little nasty, I think! Could you imagine her working one on one with Charlotte? Eeek.

• Love 1

I agree with CGloss. Judy would have 35 very tall, thin, blond ballet dancers and maybe one black girl just to prove she's into diversity. Then she'd give her a long blond weave. 

Kitty would have a team full of Pussycat Dolls who were amazing dancers and just NASTY. She'd introduce the first drag queens to the squad, and they'd be fierce.

Kelli would take the most risks, but dye half the girls hair red. No East Texas Blonds. No waitresses. No stripper nails. Every girl would have a really interesting back story. Every girl would have read Jackie Kennedy Onasis' biography.

I'll take it a step further and say Jay would have a team of World Champion Body Builders who could serve as the defensive line, then pick up their pompoms and do the halftime show.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7

I agree with CGloss. Judy would have 35 very tall, thin, blond ballet dancers and maybe one black girl just to prove she's into diversity. Then she'd give her a long blond weave. 

Kitty would have a team full of Pussycat Dolls who were amazing dancers and just NASTY. She'd introduce the first drag queens to the squad, and they'd be fierce.

Kelli would take the most risks, but dye half the girls hair red. No East Texas Blonds. No waitresses. No stripper nails. Every girl would have a really interesting back story. Every girl would have read Jackie Kennedy Onasis' biography.

I'll take it a step further and say Jay would have a team of World Champion Body Builders who could serve as the defensive line, then pick up their pompoms and 

This made me laugh out loud!! 

• Love 2

I'll take it a step further and say Jay would have a team of World Champion Body Builders who could serve as the defensive line, then pick up their pompoms and do the halftime show.

I just read this and had to sign in to commend your observations. I thought I just saw this but it's obvious that it's just not me. If you are not a writer, you should think about writing.....your ability to write in a humorous manner is great. Thank you

• Love 3

I doubt she and Kelli would lie about this stuff.  That would be too weird.  According to Kelli, Sam hasn't decided on a school yet but has a lot of choices from coast to coast.  Good for her and I'm impressed ... I honestly didn't know she was ivy league ambitious ... I just assumed she would be another "DCC is my dream and then I want to get married" (nothing wrong with that ... it's just different).  Guess it doesn't surprise me that it's Kelli's daughter that is like that lol!

I feel weird being skeptical of a high school girl, but none of the Columbi stuff adds up. Columbia is a early decision school -- if you apply early decision, you find out mid Decmeber, and it is a binding agreement you will attend. Not only wouldn't she know her status yet, she wouldn't be looking at other schools (like how she mentioned Yale on Twitter).

If she applied regular decision, she wouldn't know until the spring.

• Love 1

Okay, so I didn’t know where to post this so I hope this thread is okay.  I was reading an article on Jezebel that the LA Clippers dance team have a new show which aired the first episode on Tuesday.  It airs on E!  One of the comments was that the people appearing on the show would be paid SAG/AFTRA minimum wage.  It got me to thinking.  Nowhere has it ever been discussed in any of the boards I have been on (CMT, TWOP, this one) that anyone is paid who appears on DCC: Making the Team.  Does anyone know?

Hmmm... I do not think the girls get paid for appearing on the show. Good question. I could send a tweet to Miss Kitty. She is great when it comes to asking questions about the girls and the show.

Sent a tweet to Miss Kitty. Will let everyone know if she answers my tweet.

I don't think they get paid, either, and I think we guesstimated that the reason they never show a whole dance from beginning to end, is because it only takes something like a few minutes of cumulative continuous performance to qualify them for SAG cards. SAG cards means SAG wages, and no way they're going to pay 45 girls SAG wages, especially those who end up being around for 5+ years.

Right now they're just contestants on a competition show, about the same as being called out on the Price's Right.

(edited)

I'm surprised Sam Finglass hasn't posted about College acceptance. All Ivy League schools sent out acceptance letters last week.

**nevermind just answered my one question. She posted something about being in CStat next year which is Texas A&M. What happened to her 'acceptance' at Columbia last year?

Dayton Bramhall is going to University of Arizona, good for her, she's gorgeous and plenty of time to audition after college.

Edited by RhiRhi

Oh my - isn't that close enough to Dallas for her to do DCC? Hmmmm. Wonder if we will see her at tryouts?

I kinda don't think so. I've always gotten the impression that she wants to put her education first, and that she might pursue DCC later if she wants to. But who knows, maybe when the time rolls around she'll decide she wants to go for it now after all.

She is BFF with Holly P so who knows...maybe she really would want to this year. I don't know though...I feel like she and her mom would not get along real well having to see each other in that capacity all the time LOL  It seemed Cassie and Judy genuinely enjoyed hanging out and Cassie knew her "yes ma'ams"...will be interesting to see! 

Sam's Columbia acceptance never added up. They are an Early Decision school -- if she would have really got in then, it was binding. She wouldn't have been waiting around for Yale.

And why tour Columbia, Yale and Harvard if you're going to attend a state school that gives automatic admission. I think obviously she wasn't accepted to any Ivy League school but still she must be pretty smart to even try.

There are some students who will apply for various reasons even if they don't have an ice cube's chance in the Sahara of getting in.  Some will even go tour the campus' then come home and say they changed their minds because the school was too whatever for them.  I don't doubt she might have toured just to see what the college was like or the culture, but touring does not always mean accepted or even applying.  It just helps to get a feel for the place.

I just can't see Sam as a DCC. I know nothing about her, but it just doesn't seem like a fit.

The same has been said about a lot of girls who have gone on to be on the squad. I'm not disagreeing with you because I don't necessarily think it's a fit either, but I think if she wants to do it and has a modicum of talent she will probably be a DCC. They can glam anyone up with make up. Not that she isn't a cute girl, but she's not glam.

Sam is smart enough and has the financial means to go Ivy league if she chooses. However, she may be like a lot of high schoolers who dream of going across the country to prestigious school, then reality hits when it's time to go, and they realize they aren't quite ready to take a drastic plunge. Staying closer to home isn't necessarily a failure.

I do 't think it's a failure at all. I am saying that her timeline of saying she was admitted to Columbia when she did doesn't add up. Kids, especially competitive ones, can get so wrapped up in the process and coupled with social media, I can see how a tale kind of spins out of control.

But if she was really accepted to Columbia proper to the holidays like she said she was, she wouldn't have been waiting on those other Ivies. It's a binding early decision.

I would like to see a little more of the vets prior to finals too. Like maybe during the semi-finals episode do some cut aways to the returning vets showing their prepping for their solo or talking about how they kept in shape and trained during the off season. Stuff like that. It may also be nice if they went over who retired or decided not to return in some short way.

I love the semi-final episode just so you can see the faces in the crowd of who was there and came back again, etc. It's also a really good episode to look back on years later and seeing people who later made the squad and realizng they were cut in prior years.

Definitely, sometimes it feels during TC on the show as though the vets are extras in some way, just faces in the crowd lol. We become so invested in them as rookies it's a shame we don't get to hear more of their stories as veterans.

I agree that Sam going for DCC doesn't seem like a good fit - (from the outside looking in of course!)

She would get to enjoy a lot of the DCC perks as it is, rubbing shoulders with the girls and on the periphery of some of the fun stuff they get to do because of her mum. That might be enough for some people without going through the pain; she would know more that most people what Cassie's had to go through, and she'd *have* to be aware that she'd cop even more pressure and prejudice to be totally perfect. And even then, suffer the weight of the inevitable controversy on social media with all of Dallas looking on! It would be a huge storyline on the show, and it could be vicious and totally not worth it. Even if she was great, there'd be backlash.

If she went for it, I'd think she was exceptionally brave.

(edited)

Also RE: reruns of the show, I have a DVD of a rerun of season 6 which I believe aired prior to the launch of season 10 and the whole soundtrack of music has been replaced with the most generic of tunes. It really loses the effect that the originally aired songs which were popular chart music. It also looks like the girls are dancing to the wrong beat. I get why they have to replace it due to rights etc. however you can even hear the original songs in the background as K&J discuss the girls. I often associate a particular song with a season it played in and it reminds me of the show so it's a shame they do that. It has to be annoying for those watching reruns in the states, do they do this regularly?

Edited by NicoleS9954
  • Love 1

Oh my - isn't that close enough to Dallas for her to do DCC? Hmmmm. Wonder if we will see her at tryouts?

College Station is over three hours from Dallas, on a good day. So A&M would mean waiting on DCC. TCU or SMU would be good choices if she wanted to do both at the same time, or and University of North Texas. Those are the three more traditional universities in DFW. UTD, UTA and several other small schools are in the area as well, but I don't see her choosing those based on the big names she's been touring.

DCC will be waiting when she's 22 and graduated if that's the path she wants to take. I'm an alum of both TCU and SMU and they are fantastic schools, but not quite Ivy League ;)

I'm surprised Sam Finglass hasn't posted about College acceptance. All Ivy League schools sent out acceptance letters last week.

**nevermind just answered my one question. She posted something about being in CStat next year which is Texas A&M. What happened to her 'acceptance' at Columbia last year?

Dayton Bramhall is going to University of Arizona, good for her, she's gorgeous and plenty of time to audition after college.

REALLY???  I’d been so curious about where she ends up – Columbia, Harvard, Yale, etc … she and her mom went on that Ivy League tour making it seem like the world was her oyster.  I was so impressed!

I don’t get the early acceptance thing with Columbia but I doubt she would lie on social media AND bring her mom into it. That just sounds weird.  Unless it was some early acceptance into a summer camp or extension school or something.

She’s seriously going to Texas A&M?  That seems odd..

Hmmm she's wearing a Harvard tank in that dance video ... I don't know ... for a girl who decided to go local / state, she seems to be holding on to Ivy dreams??

There are some students who will apply for various reasons even if they don't have an ice cube's chance in the Sahara of getting in.  Some will even go tour the campus' then come home and say they changed their minds because the school was too whatever for them.  I don't doubt she might have toured just to see what the college was like or the culture, but touring does not always mean accepted or even applying.  It just helps to get a feel for the place.

Kinda waste of money though ... and it's a lot to tour around like that.  I dunno ...

can someone post the message that says she's going to Texas A&M?  I'm in denial lol