Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, PBSLover said:
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Victoria - the dental hygienist??  

No. She was not cut. I actually don’t know which Victoria was in Season 10.

Victoria the dental hygenist was on the squad I think 2 years, I think she left when she got married.  I also think the dentist she works/worked for was (maybe still is, I don't know) one of the judges. 

image.png.a468029eafd0ca2aab24723da4809548.png

• Love 2
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok...well that makes more sense?.  That poem was painful.

Every time I watch that particular episode, the fast forward button gets put through it's paces.

Screenshot_20181002-214433_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Victoria the dental hygenist was on the squad I think 2 years, I think she left when she got married.  I also think the dentist she works/worked for was (maybe still is, I don't know) one of the judges. 

Her hair color is gorgeous! It has dimension, just enough warmth and natural shine. 

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, ByTor said:

Wasn't she an All Star for a season or was that Claire?

On 10/2/2018 at 9:49 PM, tinabee1967 said:
On 10/2/2018 at 2:04 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Ok...well that makes more sense?.  That poem was painful.

Every time I watch that particular episode, the fast forward button gets put through it's paces.

Screenshot_20181002-214433_Chrome.jpg

On 10/2/2018 at 8:44 PM, ByTor said:

Her hair color is gorgeous! It has dimension, just enough warmth and natural shine. 

Is that you Kelli FInglass? 

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

@DCCFanInKy  this might work.  I brought it back up.

I don't see a link or anything? 🤔 Ohhhh I see what you mean.  I need to ask my Kitty question here lol.  I need a nap

Edited by DCCFanInKy
wasn't thinking
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

I don't see a link or anything? 🤔

If you look on your threads page, it should be at the top cause I posted this to you, so it should make it current - if that made sense:/

But that way we can discuss Kitty, Marshall, Charlotte and the rest of the gang without derailing the auditions topic.  Like that never happens anyway:)

• Love 2

Here's my Kitty Carter question.  I'm sure some of us here are members of one or more of the Facebook groups I found for the DCC.  I saw on one of them (maybe both?) that Kitty C might've had a falling out with the DCC and that's why she wasn't included in this year's auditions and might not be seen on MTT at all this season (sorry if that's a spoiler).  Anybody know?

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

If you look on your threads page, it should be at the top cause I posted this to you, so it should make it current - if that made sense:/

But that way we can discuss Kitty, Marshall, Charlotte and the rest of the gang without derailing the auditions topic.  Like that never happens anyway:)

@scorpio1031 Read above where I quoted you 🙂

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Here's my Kitty Carter question.  I'm sure some of us here are members of one or more of the Facebook groups I found for the DCC.  I saw on one of them (maybe both?) that Kitty C might've had a falling out with the DCC and that's why she wasn't included in this year's auditions and might not be seen on MTT at all this season (sorry if that's a spoiler).  Anybody know?

Read above where I quoted you 🙂

FB tends to get their info from this board, but not give credit:(  But one of our gals said she was told that Kitty didn't like CMT telling her what to say, didn't like the edit she was given last year, and would not appear this year.

A few weeks ago, someone said Kitty had given K&J her opinions but would not be appearing on the show.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

FB tends to get their info from this board, but not give credit:(  But one of our gals said she was told that Kitty didn't like CMT telling her what to say, didn't like the edit she was given last year, and would not appear this year.

A few weeks ago, someone said Kitty had given K&J her opinions but would not be appearing on the show.

That's EXACTLY what I saw on one of the groups (can't remember which one).  Not sure if linking to the FB post is appropriate here? @scorpio1031 I just sent you a PM

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

OK now I'm really confused.  Someone said that any mention of DCC had been removed from Kitty's website.  I saw something mentioned about DCC @ this link

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

OK now I'm really confused.  Someone said that any mention of DCC had been removed from Kitty's website.  I saw something mentioned about DCC @ this link

That is an old bio, cause it says she has filmed nine seasons, and I believe she was on for 13 seasons.  She may have forgotten about it.

• Useful 2
On 10/5/2018 at 6:15 AM, Fanofdcc said:

Oh no, Holly resigned. Season 12. Wow such a great dancer, hate she got into trouble.  That's rough!  Hate that for her!  

True Holly resigned...however, I think she was the given the choice to resign or be cut....big difference. She brought her situation on herself base on choices she made. And if you remember, on her way out the door, she said it was fun and she didn't regret a thing. I also suspect she was very willing to throw Jenna under the bus.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Okay, this is interesting.  Here I felt she wanted VK in and went to great lengths to try to create a slot for her.  I feel she was a strong reason Tara was cut.  Kitty bow out from MTT implies she did not like saying "give her the respect to lose the weight"  Would CMT really "force" her to say things she didn't want?  I don't think they can force you to say things....they can edit you unfairly for sure...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Looks like TPTB gave the squad a raise.

So just $12 an hour? Glad they are making more but wow, still low. Our local Chick Fil A pays $13 for folks with minimum skills and our local pizza joint was advertising for a dishwasher at $20 an hour. 

Come on Cowboys, you can do better. I'm so over corporations not valuing their personnel.

Noted that their game day pay increased. So $400 rather than $200.

Do we know if they receive insurance? What happens if they get injured? Does the organization pay for treatment/surgery?

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

So just $12 an hour? Glad they are making more but wow, still low. Our local Chick Fil A pays $13 for folks with minimum skills and our local pizza joint was advertising for a dishwasher at $20 an hour. 

Come on Cowboys, you can do better. I'm so over corporations not valuing their personnel.

Noted that their game day pay increased. So $400 rather than $200.

Do we know if they receive insurance? What happens if they get injured? Does the organization pay for treatment/surgery?

Where are you from?  Our Chick Fil A doesn't pay that!  But here in Georgia we have a very low cost of living overall.  However, it is probably pretty close to Dallas'.

54 minutes ago, Opine said:

Where are you from?  Our Chick Fil A doesn't pay that!  But here in Georgia we have a very low cost of living overall.  However, it is probably pretty close to Dallas'.

Austin- Blue town. Expensive to live here but folks get paid over minimum wage.

2 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:
2 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:
Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 1

Erica was never my fave, but these girls deserve more money. I’ve seen first hand how hard they work... whether you think it’s valuable or not isn’t the issue... they work hard and the DCC are an integral part of the organization. Game days are long. Practices are long. Appearances, having to be sickly thin, and getting punished if you let your job get in the way. I could go on and on and on. 

$400 a game is a start and $12 an hour for practices is better. For an organization worth $5 billion dollars, Jerry can do more. I hope they get healthcare. 

• Love 7

As far as Kitty she didn’t like the edit she got but I felt it was in keeping with her character but a little more snarky.  Someone said she had removed being technical advisor for DCC from her bio at Dance Factory but I didn’t find that to be true.  Someone said that in a recent episode they felt that showed Kitty on a stool with the typical hair under the hat.  I believe it was when girls were being called in.  Also Kitty posted somewhere about DCC that it was all good between her & DCC.

• Love 1

nevermind....someone beat me to it 😉 

8 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Did anyone read Sharon Grigsby's piece in The Dallas Morning News on the DCC? Yeowch!! 

Yeh...that had a bit of a sting. 

Edited by Kayce
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I would be interested to see what Kelli’s full response was. It seems like the article chopped all but one paragraph. I do wish the DCCs would just be honest about the fact that part of their reason for being their existence and for wearing tiny uniforms is that they want men to look at and desire them. They obviously believe that wearing tiny uniforms achieves that goal more than wearing the standard college/high school cheer uniform does. I mean, just own it. It is what it is.

With that said, these articles are annoying IMO. The DCCs existence isn’t stopping any woman from becoming a doctor, lawyer, sideline reporter, congresswoman, or anything else.  I’m all for constructive criticism but trying to get rid of them just seems like another way of trying to dictate what women should do. I may think it’s sad if someone has no goals other than being a DCC, but it’s not my life, my time, or my business. Do you. Just my opinion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I would be interested to see what Kelli’s full response was. It seems like the article chopped all but one paragraph. I do wish the DCCs would just be honest about the fact that part of their reason for being their existence and for wearing tiny uniforms is that they want men to look at and desire them. They obviously believe that wearing tiny uniforms achieves that goal more than wearing the standard college/high school cheer uniform does. I mean, just own it. It is what it is.

With that said, these articles are annoying IMO. The DCCs existence isn’t stopping any woman from becoming a doctor, lawyer, sideline reporter, congresswoman, or anything else.  I’m all for constructive criticism but trying to get rid of them just seems like another way of trying to dictate what women should do. I may think it’s sad if someone has no goals other than being a DCC, but it’s not my life, my time, or my business. Do you. Just my opinion. 

I can't read the article in the UK but I can just guess about it. I hate that there's this misconception that women have to be one thing and can't have multiple talents/interests. I have a Masters degree in sports journalism, run my own blog and business and work part-time just for some spare money. I also love to dance and would love to do it professionally if I was good enough but I also love to learn and pride myself on my brain.

Dancing is just a passion for many of the women and they have lives and careers outside of it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to excel in many areas and it's not wrong for a woman to want to be sexy either! Their uniforms may be small but they're not exactly strippers. They should definitely be paid more because it feels like it's a full-time job for them.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I can't read the article in the UK but I can just guess about it. I hate that there's this misconception that women have to be one thing and can't have multiple talents/interests. I have a Masters degree in sports journalism, run my own blog and business and work part-time just for some spare money. I also love to dance and would love to do it professionally if I was good enough but I also love to learn and pride myself on my brain.

Dancing is just a passion for many of the women and they have lives and careers outside of it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to excel in many areas and it's not wrong for a woman to want to be sexy either! Their uniforms may be small but they're not exactly strippers. They should definitely be paid more because it feels like it's a full-time job for them.

Yes to all of this! The writer’s logic is so backwards and she’s actually being quite misogynistic. Women are allowed to be sexy; it’s not shameful. If someone acts inappropriately “in response” to that, it’s their fault and their behavior that needs to be corrected, not the women’s.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, TXElle said:

Yes to all of this! The writer’s logic is so backwards and she’s actually being quite misogynistic. Women are allowed to be sexy; it’s not shameful. If someone acts inappropriately “in response” to that, it’s their fault and their behavior that needs to be corrected, not the women’s.

Exactly.  What about the tv cameras and professional photographers taking pics of the girls.  What about the guys who show up at the appearances and take pics.  Shouldn't she be concerned about the guy with his iPhone going to the beach/public pool and taking pics of young girls in bikinis?  Cause you know that he's doing more than just taking pics of the DCC.

Has the author ever gone to a vets hospital or a children's hospital to spend time with the patients?  Has she ever gone to a retirement home and sat with a resident as they talk about being a Rockette?  Has she ever spent time with young girls who love to dance and encouraged their individual talents?  Has she helped a charity raise awareness - ie East Texas Angels Network or Kraddicks Kids, or participated in a telethon for disaster relief?

• Love 9

I haven’t watched at all this season and I haven’t missed it. Last season killed any interest I had - and I had watched every year before.

i agree with the writer saying the uniform is outdated. We’ve all said that- they look frozen in time, not iconic. They could at least update them.

I agree with her too that displaying the girls for perverts to photograph on a huge screen could be reconsidered. I didn’t like  the way the screen became “in some ways, the only judge”as Charlotte said one time. The way a girl looks on the screen at tryouts can get her cut despite her being a great addition to the team. I wouldn’t mind if they were more respectful about showing the girls bodies on the screen. 

I didn’t read her article anywhere saying women can’t be sexy. She’s talking about exploitation of these girls and the team’s denial that it happens. She doesn’t say anything negative about the girls at all. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Sharon was all kinds of happy when the Mavs deep sixed their dancers, so apparently she must be on some feminist crusade. I can't understand why she isn't railing against strip clubs. 

I haven’t seen anything about the Mavs dancers. I didn’t read anything in her article as being a feminist crusade. Guess we just see it differently.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I haven’t seen anything about the Mavs dancers. I didn’t read anything in her article as being a feminist crusade. Guess we just see it differently.

She thinks the cheerleaders are just there to be objectified and should be done away with, because she finds it offensive. I personally can’t stand holier that thou people who think because they deem something offensive it should be banned. Here’s a suggestion for Sharon, if you think being a DCC is distasteful and demeaning then don’t try out. But do not presume to tell other women what they should find demeaning.

• Love 17

I think the article is well written and mostly summed up by this paragraph:

"I’m not questioning the worth of the women who wear the cheerleader uniform. Of course, women should have pride in our choices and our bodies. The issue at hand involves how to balance that empowerment with systems that exploit women’s appearances for men’s pleasure."

Two obvious ways to address the inherent power imbalance - First, OWN IT.  Stop pretending the girls aren't there to titillate!  They are, and there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.  Second, (as another poster already suggested) pay them a salary that allows them to be full-time cheerleaders, and one that they can be proud of - $50,000+ for the season.

One more thing;  I hate professional sports.  Every single one of them bores me to tears.  Any game I go to is purely for cheerleaders and/or halftime entertainment.  I don't think it's too much to ask that those wo/men are paid a bare fraction of what the players are paid to entertain me in the stands, because they bring me joy.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Sharon was all kinds of happy when the Mavs deep sixed their dancers, so apparently she must be on some feminist crusade. I can't understand why she isn't railing against strip clubs. 

Because strippers don't pretend they don't try to turn men on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8